SixtyThree
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman: Earth One

SixtyThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #128
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Batman's origins have NEVER been told in a stand alone story EVER. This is why there were comic book fans that even felt shortchanged by BB cause the truly epic scope of the origin was nowhere near explored there even though it worked for the narrative of that picture and comic books and movies are different mediums so people should get real.

There have been fragments laid out throughout hundreds of different comic books and depending on how long you've been reading the comic books you may know more than others. But it has never been laid out in a story like with Man of Steel or Green Lantern Emerald Dawn or something like that.

Like there has never been a story where we see Bruce Wayne study with scientists and learn criminology from the FBI, or study with martial arts masters and boxing trainers and illusionists & assassins (Ie: Shiva and Cain). It's always different flashbacks throughout different stories so it wouldn't have been done hundreds of times anyway but I doubt that's where this story will even go. Chances are it will just be an introduction to another interpretation of gotham and that's it.

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Superman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Batman & ____, Batman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Worlds' Finest, Superman/Wonder Woman, Daredevil, Superior Spider-Man, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #129
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

LOLOLOL, you arent the quick type: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Falls

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_year_one go ahead, try it out!

Old 01-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #130
Cain
"West West Y'all"

thank you for further proving my point.

Those weren't one story were they? yeah exactly

I have bought about 600 Batman comics in my lifetime and still own over 300 single issue Batman comics spanning from the 80's to today. If I wanted to look through my entire collection and point out different points where an element of Batman's past has been explored or revealed I could do so without consulting wikipedia.

But that wasn't my point my point is the truth which is that there is NO one story that explores Bruce Wayne's past like with other comic book characters. Instead his origin is explored throughout many different stories all across the mythos. So this wouldn't be a retread of anything that has been done "hundreds of times" even if it was an exploration of everything that happened to Bruce from the death of his parents to his first night as Batman cause it's not something any particular story has even elaborately explored in the first place yet.

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Superman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Batman & ____, Batman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Worlds' Finest, Superman/Wonder Woman, Daredevil, Superior Spider-Man, All-New X-Men
Old 01-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #131
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:...f_the_Phantasm

Old 01-07-2010, 08:20 PM   #132
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Yeah because a MOVIE adaptation of a character is the same thing as his official comic book canon, christ almighty

Old 01-07-2010, 08:22 PM   #133
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

so "your POINT" is that you need: a SINGLE graphic novel that encapsulates the entire growth of brucewayne aged 10->training montage->first night out in costume in order for it to 'count' as the ONE story you think is so necessary for batmans origin??????? yeah exactly, yeah exactly, yeah exactly

Old 01-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #134
Cain
"West West Y'all"

No my POINT is that since it's NEVER been done in a comic book before even if they went that route it clearly wouldn't be something that had been done hundreds of times before because it's never been done. The comic books have NOTHING to do with any of the movies outside of sharing the same property (Batman). Thus that complain is just baseless stupidity especially since it hasn't even been hinted that this is what this whole thing will be about in the first place.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #135
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

WEEEEEEEEEEE this thread is POPPIN' now!!

Old 01-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #136
Drz
Sentinel of Liberty

Not to mention the only "modern" Batman origin we now have is pretty much All-Star Batman. Year One has been retconned here and there which i always found lame, and again SixtyThree if you just can't stand the graphical novel. Noone is forcing you to get it, but think about the new fans it can introduce.

It's like Batman: Brave and Bold show. Some grown ups hate it, but its a good way for their little brothers to get hooked into Batman, so the show does its magic, just like this graphical novel will.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #137
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtyThree View Post
What the hell is going on in this page? Is Harley stripping for the thugs and Joker hitting on one of them?

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #138
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

sir, harley IS a stripper in this god awful blasphemus comic. and I am literally FORCED to buy the damn comic by my own ocd'ish nature to buy number #1's and the such, and pretty much all batman related nonsense as funding permits. so i feel like DC is sticking the proverbial baterang up my bung hole for this one

Old 01-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #139
Drz
Sentinel of Liberty

She isn't stripping or a stripper. She is literally putting clothes ON. Nowhere in the comic it's said she regularly strips or anything, it just happens to be one of Joker's bars he visits.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #140
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

all-star batman is great. satire, batman and vulgarity go amazingly. its campy-comedy like batman 66!! and that **** ruled!

Old 01-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #141
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

LOL YOURE AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yep, not stripping!!

Old 01-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #142
Drz
Sentinel of Liberty

Do you need to try and insult? Again she's putting the clothes on. Sure she had to take the jacket off, but you know she puts down her clothes, and then strips a man.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #143
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

try actually reading it. i got the whole thing digitally if anyone else wants some.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:00 PM   #144
Drz
Sentinel of Liberty

Oh so now you're promoting piracy here? Buddy you're getting a quick ban here.

Also i did read it, whats there more to say? She takes off her jacket, the crowd heers as she puts her Harley costume on. Joker invites the guy to the backstage and he and Harley strip him literally.

It really seems you just can't accept people being interested in a new modernized Batman origin, so why not just ignore it? You obviously have some compulsive issues if you feel the must to get comics you have no interest on. =/

Old 01-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #145
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

lol, jeeeez banmonster calm down.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #146
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

I think that you should try and calm down a little bit instead SixtyThree. There's no need for antagonizing people by calling them idiots or with your attitude.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #147
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

i wont e-bully anymore, dont ban me, im ill be good. PROMISE. earth one and lots of percoset made me into this monster

Old 01-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #148
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Havent read it but it seems like she is stripping on stage, with people holding dollars in order to tip her. She is even walking on all fours like a stripper.
Why would she undress and then dress on a stage of what looks like a strip bar if she is not a stripper?

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #149
Drz
Sentinel of Liberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtyThree View Post
i wont e-bully anymore, dont ban me, im ill be good. PROMISE. earth one and lots of percoset made me into this monster
If you can't accept the concept of the format and story even when it hasn't been released, i'd say the best thing is to just avoid and accept that some people are actually excited for this. It won't effect the mainstream comics whatsoever so no need to worry about anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Havent read it but it seems like she is stripping on stage, with people holding dollars in order to tip her. She is even walking on all fours like a stripper.
Why would she undress and then dress on a stage of what looks like a strip bar if she is not a stripper?
Because she's nuts just like the Joker is. The jokes are very creepy and most of them don't even make sense. I mean if Joker decides to hangout around gay bars, does that make him gay? Joker and Killer Croc hang out in the strip bar and again: Nowhere it's implied that Harley actually works there. She goes to the stage, takes her jacket off and dresses on. Even the writer said it was like reverse stripping but the crowd still cheered.

Harley and Joker then use a butcher knife and strip a man's skin off him. THATS the kind of humour these two freaks have in the book. They literally stripped off the guy's skin because it was a strip club.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:55 AM   #150
Red_Hood
Side-Kick

i dont know know about you guys, but i liked the joker comic. first, i thought it was a rather original idea telling the story from the perspective of "the muscle".

second, yeah your right. jokers appearance has a resemblance to heaths version. it was probably a marketing bit to get people to buy the comic cuz its a familiar image. everyone has their own artists rendition of the joker though. but your basically bashing it cuz the joker doesnt have a "comic-joker" look. cuz his smile isnt 4 feet long and couldnt open a can of soup with his pointy chin. again, i know it resembles that of heaths joker. but that doesnt mean that it IS the TDK joker. cuz of the scars? look at the pic. YOU posted. see his wrist? white. its make up in the movie. and only on his face. see his eyes? does that look like crazy eye shadow? didnt think so.

aside from that. lets explore what youre saying. if youre so unhappy cuz of the addition of the scars, can you define what the comic joker looks like? cuz truth is there isnt one. RIP had a crazy looking joker. the killing joke had a certain look. the man who laughs. same thing. he keeps getting re-done. thats all the artist did here in "joker". an adaption to a joker that fits his comic's mood.

and for the record... building off what i said before, the scars are the only thing thats similar. nothing about his personality resembles heaths joker. heaths joker was very loud. very rambunctious. in this comic hes mellow. he skins a guy as you guys have said. he was a pill popper, high all the time. look at harley. COMPLETELY original take on the character.

in conclusion. youre wrong.

but i dont know why i even bothered to be honest. youre just looking for things to hate on man. thats all your doing. and youre loving the attention youre getting for it. youre like a child seeking negative attention.

Red_Hood is offline   Reply With Quote