The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 01-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #151
CrimsonMist
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman: Earth One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Hood View Post

second, yeah your right. jokers appearance has a resemblance to heaths version. it was probably a marketing bit to get people to buy the comic cuz its a familiar image.
Bermejo's Joker has ALWAYS had the scarred smile. There's a bunch of pictures by Bermejo from around the time Batman Begins came out showing the scarred smile. It's just coincidence that Ledger's Joker also had the scarred smile. There was no marketing ploy, but i'm sure the coincidence helped sales, if at all.

CrimsonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #152
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

I miss the underpants.

TruerToTheCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #153
Red_Hood
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMist View Post
Bermejo's Joker has ALWAYS had the scarred smile. There's a bunch of pictures by Bermejo from around the time Batman Begins came out showing the scarred smile. It's just coincidence that Ledger's Joker also had the scarred smile. There was no marketing ploy, but i'm sure the coincidence helped sales, if at all.
^^ so there you go.

Red_Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #154
Wedge A.
Side-Kick

Joker is fantastic, I don't understand why it's being used as a point of criticism.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:05 AM   #155
Red_Hood
Side-Kick

:shakes my head: neither do I good laddy. Neither do I.

Red_Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #156
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Hood View Post
i dont know know about you guys, but i liked the joker comic. first, i thought it was a rather original idea telling the story from the perspective of "the muscle".

second, yeah your right. jokers appearance has a resemblance to heaths version. it was probably a marketing bit to get people to buy the comic cuz its a familiar image. everyone has their own artists rendition of the joker though. but your basically bashing it cuz the joker doesnt have a "comic-joker" look. cuz his smile isnt 4 feet long and couldnt open a can of soup with his pointy chin. again, i know it resembles that of heaths joker. but that doesnt mean that it IS the TDK joker. cuz of the scars? look at the pic. YOU posted. see his wrist? white. its make up in the movie. and only on his face. see his eyes? does that look like crazy eye shadow? didnt think so.

aside from that. lets explore what youre saying. if youre so unhappy cuz of the addition of the scars, can you define what the comic joker looks like? cuz truth is there isnt one. RIP had a crazy looking joker. the killing joke had a certain look. the man who laughs. same thing. he keeps getting re-done. thats all the artist did here in "joker". an adaption to a joker that fits his comic's mood.

and for the record... building off what i said before, the scars are the only thing thats similar. nothing about his personality resembles heaths joker. heaths joker was very loud. very rambunctious. in this comic hes mellow. he skins a guy as you guys have said. he was a pill popper, high all the time. look at harley. COMPLETELY original take on the character.

in conclusion. youre wrong.

but i dont know why i even bothered to be honest. youre just looking for things to hate on man. thats all your doing. and youre loving the attention youre getting for it. youre like a child seeking negative attention.
I felt mixed about the Joker. On one hand, I really liked the concepts, the story, the perspective, and whatnot. But on the other hand, I feel that Azzarello went a little to far with the Joker such as the Joker raping Jonny's ex-wife and his implication that Batman might have just stood around and watched the Joker commit his crimes of rape and murder before going after him at the end.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:28 PM   #157
Drz
Real Hero

CBR interview with Geoff Johns

Quote:
Why did it take so long to land yourself on a Batman project? Have you been waiting for just the right time or was it this particular project that inspired you?

It's just the way it fell. I tend to stay on books a long time, so I don't get a chance to jump from character to character.

Have you been waiting to take a crack at Bruce Wayne for a while?

Yes and this was the perfect opportunity, the perfect project.

And the perfect partner in Gary Frank?

Again, if you look at the books I do, I tend to work with the same artists, like Scott Kolins, Ethan Van Sciver, Ivan Reis and now Gary Frank, Doug Mahnke and Francis Manapul. When I find a creative collaborator that I really connect with on multiple levels, I really value that relationship. It's not easy to find those people that creatively, you just click with. Gary Frank is one of the best artists in the business, and I think everybody knows that. And to work with him on something like this, where again, we can re-create everything from the ground up and tell a Batman story that is just slightly different or very different than anything that's happened before – it's really a story about a guy who is trying to overcome loss at the center of it all – and build these fantastic villains, and create a troubled supporting cast, and see heroes rise and villains rise in this multi-part story, when you work on something this big and you commit to it for this long, you've got to do it with the right people. Because I tend to work on projects that tend to be long-term, I look for the best creative partners I can have. And Gary is definitely one of them.

Kris Krause feels there's one character, his favorite actually, in the DCU who is in desperate need of a retooled origin that gels better with Batman's world and that's Dick Grayson. He's hoping this will happen under your watchful eye in "Batman: Earth One." Realizing it's early in the process, he wanted to know if somewhere down the line, you plan on working Dick Grayson into the story?

I don't want to share any details yet, but I will say that obviously we will be talking about Dick Grayson along with many other favorite Batman supporting characters.
Dick Grayson confirmed.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #158
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

The suit's ugly. There, I said it.

Blitzkrieg Bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #159
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

AHHH, precisely as i predicted

SixtyThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:39 AM   #160
Nepenthes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtyThree View Post
This is hilarious

I see where you're coming from. But imo the most interesting thing about this is the format and that they're finally making a decent approach to the mainstream, which they should be doing after the movies and the Arkham Asylum game. I'm not a Geoff Johns fan at all (he's boring) and I don't think this is something that I'll like a great deal but it's interesting nonetheless and I'll keep an open mind

Last edited by Nepenthes; 01-13-2010 at 01:43 AM.
Nepenthes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #161
batman_1989_
Side-Kick

Have they announced a release date too?

batman_1989_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:47 AM   #162
The Bruce
The First and Best

Yeah I can't wait for a release date!

Old 02-26-2010, 07:43 AM   #163
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I'm ****ing stoked for this. Finally, they're actually releasing these things in graphic novel formats. No continuity to worry about, just focusing on Batman and Gotham. That's what I like to see.

And I'm really digging the designs. Alfred looks awesome.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #164
spiderfan970
Side-Kick

If this and the Superman ones are made to get people into comics I feel like Batman should look more like what everyone today pictures him to look like (the movies).

Meanwhile, Superman needed to follow this design and get rid of the briefs too. People that aren't into these characters are going to look at it and say, "He's still wearing underwear on the outside...?"

spiderfan970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:41 PM   #165
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

Agreed, if your going to solicit this movie-fan pandering trash, you should at least just dress him up in the movie suit. then people would know the honest truth what they were getting: nolan verse comics

Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #166
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtyThree View Post
Agreed, if your going to solicit this movie-fan pandering trash, you should at least just dress him up in the movie suit. then people would know the honest truth what they were getting: nolan verse comics

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #167
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

just sayin' man. Batman comics have NEVER been better in a decade than they are now, and for some reason were getting a 'hyper-real' continuityless reboot of batman that is inexplicably eXtreme, where essentially every aspect of his background is the same (alfred is now some SAS killer now?) but his suit has no underwear and villians are going to be different looking...... i get it, really i do: not everyone loves convoluted continuty and new fans like nolanverse blah blah blah. Superman i can see, he needs something to jumpstart the juice on him. and smallville was cool or whatever you know. but Batman is like a one man freight train of solid gold, spewing money like like a drunk sorority chick. DC will bludgeon this aspect to no end i understand, its just good business in a bleak economy. it would be nice if they were more Overt about it is all.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:49 AM   #168
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

People can have batman however they want imo if there can be a batman brave and the bold on one end there is no reason there can't be a more grounded batman on the other.

and so what if its not in continuity?

I've never been a big superman fan but some of his non continuity books are amazing and have def got me into the character now.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:32 AM   #169
Drz
Real Hero

Just put SixtyThree on ignore or report him. He's done nothing more than trolling in this thread more or less.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #170
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

*facepalm* im not trolling this thread, I've put in valid reasons why i disagree with this particular comics existence. i have a negative opinion on this book, and i have not attacked a single person personally or through deragatory commenting. i just refuse to "like" this book because you all do.

Last edited by SixtyThree; 03-02-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #171
Mr. Earle
Banned User

That's Draz. He is the real troll when he considers everyone who disagrees with him one and asks others to ignore them. Report him.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #172
SixtyThree
Side-Kick

!Ka-Pow! BAP! Damian Wayne continuity reboot would have been the max

Old 03-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #173
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Everyone in here could do with being less antagonistic towards the opposite viewpoint.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:26 AM   #174
Micah12345
Side-Kick

How did I not know about this???!

This is now my most anticipated title of 2010, right above brightest day and the return of bruce wayne.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:01 PM   #175
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Return of Bruce Wayne I could care less about. But this is awesome. No continuity to follow, no ****ing crossovers. Just freaking Batman in Gotham and done in a great new way. I'm excited. And the no underwear thing is great. When I draw batman, I begin to draw his underwear and I think, "My God, I'm drawing ****ing underwear on the outside."

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote