The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #51
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.
 
gwynplaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

"To transform into the hirsute Wolfman, actor Benicio Del Toro had to sit still two hours each day while makeup artists shaved him." Cracked.com.

. (Pretty good film actually. And Del Toro was a really good Lawrence Talbot.)

__________________

Laugh now, laugh later.


gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #52
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%
 
Tron Bonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Year 70XX
Posts: 24,956
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

“With a good script, a good director can produce a masterpiece. With the same script, a mediocre director can produce a passable film. But with a bad script even a good director can't possibly make a good film. For truly cinematic expression, the camera and the microphone must be able to cross both fire and water. The script must be something that has the power to do this”

“Movie directors, or should I say people who create things, are very greedy and they can never be satisfied, ... That's why they can keep on working. I've been able to work for so long because I think next time, I'll make something good."

“Japan does not understand very well that one of its proudest cultural achievements is in film,”

“I'll never work with you again!”

All from Akira Kurosawa

__________________
"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #53
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.
 
gwynplaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
“With a good script, a good director can produce a masterpiece. With the same script, a mediocre director can produce a passable film. But with a bad script even a good director can't possibly make a good film. For truly cinematic expression, the camera and the microphone must be able to cross both fire and water. The script must be something that has the power to do this”

“Movie directors, or should I say people who create things, are very greedy and they can never be satisfied, ... That's why they can keep on working. I've been able to work for so long because I think next time, I'll make something good."

“Japan does not understand very well that one of its proudest cultural achievements is in film,”

“I'll never work with you again!”

All from Akira Kurosawa
.
Great quotes. Kurosawa was the man.

_ "A director makes only one movie in his life. Then he breaks it into pieces and makes it again."
Jean Renoir.

__________________

Laugh now, laugh later.


gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:24 PM   #54
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.
 
gwynplaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

_ "God's only excuse is that he does not exist." Stendhal.
Not really movies related, but I read this a few days ago and I liked it.

Also:

_ “Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." Bruce Lee.

__________________

Laugh now, laugh later.


gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #55
[A]
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tenpenny Tower.
Posts: 18,740
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynplaine View Post
God's only excuse is that he does not exist
Mind = blown.

[A] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #56
nite-owl
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,500
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

"Why do I need final cut? Final cut is for artistes quote unquote--directors whose movies don't make a lot of money. Maybe Scorsese should have final cut because a guy like Harvey Weinstein or a studio might change it to make it a little more accessible or a little more commercial and he has a vision of what he wants it to be. He wants it to be four hours long or whatever." - Brett Ratner

nite-owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #57
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%
 
Tron Bonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Year 70XX
Posts: 24,956
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

"When you make so much dribble, I guess you only talk dribble, too." Me, on Brett Ratner

__________________
"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:29 PM   #58
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.
 
gwynplaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

"We are going to finish this picture just the way I want it... because you cannot compromise an artist's vision. " Ed Wood.

__________________

Laugh now, laugh later.


gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:38 AM   #59
[rono]
Alien Astronaut
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 101
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

"Nobody knows nothing."
--William goldman

[rono] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #60
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.
 
gwynplaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

^

_ "I want to be able to make westerns like Akira Kurosawa makes westerns".
Sam Peckinpah.

__________________

Laugh now, laugh later.


gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:24 AM   #61
[rono]
Alien Astronaut
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 101
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

"Rewrite, rewrite, rewrite!..."
-Unknown

[rono] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #62
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.
 
gwynplaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

_ "John Cazale was my acting partner". Al Pacino

__________________

Laugh now, laugh later.


gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #63
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%
 
Tron Bonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Year 70XX
Posts: 24,956
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

"You've really been paying attention to my films." Akira Kurrosawa to John Ford on their first, and I believe, only meeting

__________________
"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #64
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.
 
gwynplaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

^.
Talk about a summit meeting.

__________________

Laugh now, laugh later.


gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #65
mongoose-mania
Gentleman
 
mongoose-mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,219
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

"...you always feel like it's going to be the greatest, even if it's a, you know... piece of crap."
-Tim Burton

"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it."
-Alfred Hitchcock

"When people ask me if I went to film school, I say 'no, I went to films.'"
-Quentin Tarantino

"I'd rather entertain and hope that people learn, than teach and hope that people are entertained."
-Walt Disney

mongoose-mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #66
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.
 
gwynplaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

^ Good quotes.
I wonder which movie of his Burton was referring to?

_ "All right Mr. De Mille, I'm ready for my close up." Norma Desmond.

__________________

Laugh now, laugh later.


gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:21 AM   #67
bonoferox
Side-Kick
 
bonoferox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 365
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

"Movie stars don't make good movies. Good movies make movie stars" - Can't remember.

bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #68
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.
 
gwynplaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoferox View Post
"Movie stars don't make good movies. Good movies make movie stars" - Can't remember.



_ "Anyone who has ever been privileged to direct a film also knows that, although it can be like trying to write `War and Peace` in a bumper car in an amusement park, when you finally get it right, there are not many joys in life that can equal the feeling." Stanley Kubrick

__________________

Laugh now, laugh later.


gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #69
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.
 
gwynplaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

_ "The Joker, so far, is definitely the most fun I`ve had with any character. He`s just out of control. No empathy, he's a sociopath, a psychotic, mass-murdering clown. And I`m just thoroughly enjoying it. It`s just exceeded any expectations I had of what the experience would be like."
Heath Ledger

__________________

Laugh now, laugh later.


gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #70
Figs
Side-Kick
 
Figs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,546
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

Nice quote gwyn! I remember seeing that video interview back when the hype was going full-bore for TDK.

"Dialogue should simply be a sound among other sounds, just something that comes out of the mouths of people whose eyes tell the story in visual terms."
Alfred Hitchcock

"Give them pleasure - the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare."
Hitchcock

"The only way to get rid of my fears is to make films about them."
Hitchcock

"It'd be like what would happen if Hollywood took over porno: 'If we keep their clothes on and they didn't have sex, we'd be able to sell it to a lot more people'."
Rob Zombie

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:06 AM   #71
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.
 
gwynplaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

^Great quotes, Figs.

__________________

Laugh now, laugh later.


gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #72
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider
 
Doctor Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On location with Spielberg
Posts: 31,026
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

"Adults are only children grown up."

- Walt Disney

My sig too. I'm thinking it's going to be my senior quote.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
If this was directed at me, I don't come here just to bad mouth the movie, I come here to discuss any new and relevant news. The new and relevant news just so happened to be ****.
Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #73
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider
 
Doctor Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On location with Spielberg
Posts: 31,026
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Nice quote gwyn! I remember seeing that video interview back when the hype was going full-bore for TDK.

"Dialogue should simply be a sound among other sounds, just something that comes out of the mouths of people whose eyes tell the story in visual terms."
Alfred Hitchcock

"Give them pleasure - the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare."
Hitchcock

"The only way to get rid of my fears is to make films about them."
Hitchcock

"It'd be like what would happen if Hollywood took over porno: 'If we keep their clothes on and they didn't have sex, we'd be able to sell it to a lot more people'."
Rob Zombie
Same here. I actually watched that video over and over again beause it was pretty much the first time we saw Heath on video talking about the Joker. I read about him talking about it in articles and such, but seeing him actually talk about it was fantastic.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
If this was directed at me, I don't come here just to bad mouth the movie, I come here to discuss any new and relevant news. The new and relevant news just so happened to be ****.
Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:06 PM   #74
Figs
Side-Kick
 
Figs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,546
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
Same here. I actually watched that video over and over again beause it was pretty much the first time we saw Heath on video talking about the Joker. I read about him talking about it in articles and such, but seeing him actually talk about it was fantastic.
Being on the Hype during that time was great. Well, minus the trolls and fools who were getting banned left and right.

I can't wait to hear the casting announcement for the next one.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #75
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.
 
gwynplaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Random Quotes About Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Being on the Hype during that time was great. Well, minus the trolls and fools who were getting banned left and right.

I can't wait to hear the casting announcement for the next one.
_ Yeah, it was a lot of fun.
_ Same here

__________________

Laugh now, laugh later.


gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.