The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #51
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
...there was actually a "Gary Johnson for President" float in the gay pride parade this past weekend in Columbus.

How did you feel about that?

Anyhoo...

Johnson polling 7% in Colorado via new PPP. Taking 2% from Obama, 3% from Romney, and adding 2% to himself 2+2=4+3=7. See, 7%.


http://www.politico.com/blogs/charli...ry-126684.html

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #52
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,024
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

I thought it was nice. An Obama group was there too. It's nice to see presidential candidates who believe everyone should be treated equally under the law.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #53
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
I thought it was nice. An Obama group was there too. It's nice to see presidential candidates who believe everyone should be treated equally under the law.
Did Romney's float flip flop and leave or something?

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #54
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

How big is this news? Couple days old...just posting it here cause no one cares for Gary but me buuuuuuuuuuut...


http://reason.com/archives/2012/06/2...ress-secretary

Former Democratic Press Secretary supports Gary Johnson.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #55
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Also, if this Festival gets funded...this is huge for Johnson...

http://paulfestival.org/78-news-a-pr...s-gary-johnson

At that big 3 day festival...Johnson with a speaking slot to PAUL SUPPORTERS. However, $300,000 needs to be raised and only $70 has been so far..I think the money bomb beings tomorrow though? Says June 25th...we really can't count out the Johnson campaign. He is gaining press coverage, and will gain a % of Paul supporters. Just how much? Enough to matter?

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #56
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

New campaign ad came out today!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:



And I like the fact it's in the same production as his last ad. His last ad 'Be Libertarian With Me' is nearly at 40,000 views on YouTube. Not a lot, but higher than his previous ads. Hoepfully this one can get to around 80,000 after a couple of weeks.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #57
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Now CNN has to deal with a headache, karma is a ***** you know.

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/suppo...ze-cnn-protest

So Far 97 people are attending the protest both days outside CNN HQ July 15th and 16th. And it is only going to get much higher...

Now I wanted this to surprise CNN those days, with this being a press release from Gary Johnson Campaign...I imagine he will be on the news those days by CNN, but of course CNN is gonna do something now...

And the campaign has received $130,058.91 from the FEC today.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...son_joins.html

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #58
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

http://www.independentpoliticalrepor...0000-donation/

I know it's a SuperPAC and it's not named, but still $1Million donated to a SuperPac dedicated towards Gary Johnson?


__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #59
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,783
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Waste of 1 million....but hey, I admire their desire for a real third party candidate.....wish it could actually happen.

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
… Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #60
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

This poll has given me renewed energy. . First, here is last weekend's Gallup poll that included 3rd party candidates vs Obama and Romney. As you see, Johnson at 3%.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/155537/li...-election.aspx


Now, in a new nationally poll, Johnson is included in a 3-way match up and at 5.3% NATIONALLY. Via JZAnalytics.

http://newmexico.watchdog.org/14809/...ma-and-romney/

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #61
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,783
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Are those polled registered voters or likely voters?

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
… Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #62
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Are those polled registered voters or likely voters?
Gallup is registered and JZ is likely. It doesn't matter. He just needs to go up in polls between now and Sept 3rd. The 3rd of Sept is cutoff for 15% polling to be invited in the debates. It doesn't matter right now if it's registered or likely voters in the poll, that matters much later on, he isn't being included in many polling firms. I've been on polling firms asses for over a month via e-mails and calling 3-5 times during the week to Gallup asking them to include him. The Johnson campaign wants supporters to flood the polling firms asking him to be included in polling. Even Jim Gray, his VP, sent out a letter to polling and media firms asking Johnson to be included.

Johnson also spoke at FreedomFest today and delivered a powerful speech.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gary...rowd-las-vegas

Quote:
“We have reached a sad point in history at which Americans’ freedom is not being threatened from outside, but rather from our own government and the politicians who run it. Yes, there are many around the world, whether they be terrorists or nations who harbor them, who would do us harm if given the opportunity, and who would love to rob us of our liberties. But with a national defense that represents almost half the entire world’s military spending, we are well-equipped to deal with those external threats.
“What we are failing to deal with is the fact that Congress and the past several Presidents have systematically done to freedom and liberty what no foreign enemy could do. If another nation robbed us of hundreds of billions of dollars of wealth, it would be an outrage we would not tolerate. Yet, we have watched helplessly as the politicians and the Federal Reserve have done precisely the same thing by racking up trillions in debt, devaluing our currency with wrong-headed monetary policies, and placed our dollars on the verge of collapse.
“If a foreign aggressor threatened to take away our rights to privacy, due process under the Constitution, or the fundamental liberties granted in the Bill of Rights, it would be an act of war. Yet, we need the government’s permission and must endure its probing to board an airplane, we can be stopped and frisked for simply walking down the street in New York, and we have government drones flying over farms in the Midwest to make sure manure is being disposed of legally.
“We can be detained indefinitely by our own government under the guise of protecting us. Our cell phones and internet can be monitored. And even our reading habits can be examined at our public libraries.
“If Iran actually acted to do those things to us, we would be launching missiles in an instant. But, in reality, Iran nor any other foreign aggressor has done anything to us – and probably can’t – to rival the loss of freedom and rights we are suffering at the hands of Washington, D.C.
“To a former Republican, the sad irony of these realities is that it is impossible to lay the blame for the destruction of our liberties on one of the two major parties more than the other. They are equally guilty, and equally willing to continue to spend, tax and legislate freedom into oblivion.”

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #63
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,783
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
Gallup is registered and JZ is likely. It doesn't matter. He just needs to go up in polls between now and Sept 3rd. The 3rd of Sept is cutoff for 15% polling to be invited in the debates. It doesn't matter right now if it's registered or likely voters in the poll, that matters much later on, he isn't being included in many polling firms. I've been on polling firms asses for over a month via e-mails and calling 3-5 times during the week to Gallup asking them to include him. The Johnson campaign wants supporters to flood the polling firms asking him to be included in polling. Even Jim Gray, his VP, sent out a letter to polling and media firms asking Johnson to be included.

Johnson also spoke at FreedomFest today and delivered a powerful speech.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gary...rowd-las-vegas
Yes it does matter, a great deal....your polls that are of "likely voters" are much more correct than those of "registered voters"....I do not take any voting poll seriously unless it is "likely voters".

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
… Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #64
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Yes it does matter, a great deal....your polls that are of "likely voters" are much more correct than those of "registered voters"....I do not take any voting poll seriously unless it is "likely voters".
So, do you think the JZ poll is good since it's likely voters? And considering the lack of mainstream media coverage of Gary? Since June 5th he's been on Daily Show, RedEye on FoxNews...and MSNBC three times. To my knowledge. Tons of stuff online though.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #65
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,783
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Yes...."likely voter" voting polls are the only ones that hold any kind of water as far as I'm concerned....now mind you, I don't really start taking polls seriously until about mid-October.

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
… Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #66
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Yes...."likely voter" voting polls are the only ones that hold any kind of water as far as I'm concerned....now mind you, I don't really start taking polls seriously until about mid-October.
I think Gary Johnson can surprise a lot of people even if he doesn't make it into the debates. And the reasons for this is we know a percentage of Ron Paul supporters will pledge support in September. I've seen it on Facebook and in comments sections in online articles. The question is, will it be enough to get over 1% or as high as 5%? I've seen the following options online..

I'm writing Paul in.
I'm voting for Romney.
I'm voting for Johnson.
I'm staying home.

I even know a smart guy who is a Paul supporter...but he is voting for Romney. Like dude...wth? But not every Paul supporter likes Johnson.

If Johnson can't get into the debates, I expect ANYWHERE from 0.7% to 5% general election. In anycase, it's exciting/stressful spreading word out for Gary Johnson. Kelly, have you every spread the word about a candidate?

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #67
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,783
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
I think Gary Johnson can surprise a lot of people even if he doesn't make it into the debates. And the reasons for this is we know a percentage of Ron Paul supporters will pledge support in September. I've seen it on Facebook and in comments sections in online articles. The question is, will it be enough to get over 1% or as high as 5%? I've seen the following options online..

I'm writing Paul in.
I'm voting for Romney.
I'm voting for Johnson.
I'm staying home.

I even know a smart guy who is a Paul supporter...but he is voting for Romney. Like dude...wth? But not every Paul supporter likes Johnson.

If Johnson can't get into the debates, I expect ANYWHERE from 0.7% to 5% general election. In anycase, it's exciting/stressful spreading word out for Gary Johnson. Kelly, have you every spread the word about a candidate?
Nope.....I don't really like politicians all that much....I did work the McCain Campaign back in 2000......and I can assure you the McCain of 2008 WAS NOT the McCain of 2000......two different people.

I worked for Dallas pollsters back in college...so it was a big no no to show any preference....I guess that stuck. : )

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
… Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #68
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Gary just got his 150K raised btw/

__________________


Last edited by enterthemadness; 07-30-2012 at 08:48 PM.
enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #69
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Talk about Polls coming out and being bias, which they are not suppose to be doing...

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ential_polling

And then this stings..

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/232592649088020480

Via PPPPolls

''Is there some setting you can do in Outlook to make every e-mail that says 'Gary Johnson' in it go to spam? ''

POLLS ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE ****ING BIAS.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #70
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,783
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

If the "other" is not averaging more than 6%, I see no need to put in other specific names...sorry, but I don't see the logic.

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
… Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #71
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
If the "other" is not averaging more than 6%, I see no need to put in other specific names...sorry, but I don't see the logic.
Other doesn't mean Gary Johnson. It could mean a combination of Johnson, Stein, Paul, Goode, etc. Polling companies are not suppose to be bias about this. But they are, clearly. I've e-mailed the State Director about this. The GJ2012 Campaign needs to come out and ***** about this ****.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:51 AM   #72
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,783
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
Other doesn't mean Gary Johnson. It could mean a combination of Johnson, Stein, Paul, Goode, etc. Polling companies are not suppose to be bias about this. But they are, clearly. I've e-mailed the State Director about this. The GJ2012 Campaign needs to come out and ***** about this ****.
Exactly and if all those people together can only garner on average so far about 4 to 5% then why put their names in the poll?

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
… Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #73
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Exactly and if all those people together can only garner on average so far about 4 to 5% then why put their names in the poll?
Because to get invited into the debates you need to poll at 15% in 5 different polls. Well, how can you poll in said polls, when you are not an option in said polls? It's simple math...it's liek this poll which is bias for a reason.

http://laspac.org/2012/08/02/gary-jo...tionwide-poll/

Obama vs Johnson, with Romney left out on purpose...

Obama: 56%
Johnson: 19%
Undecided/neither: 25%

Worded the same way Gallup does their polls. Only difference is Mitt is replaced by Johnson.

http://ivn.us/2012/08/06/poll-19-sup...-gary-johnson/

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:06 AM   #74
8wid
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,166
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

I'm almost on the brink of saying voting why vote for Gary Johnson when he has no chance of really winning nor does Ron Paul. A similar candidate for this cause that might make some difference is Obama, I'm still thinking he is the better option.

8wid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:39 AM   #75
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8wid View Post
I'm almost on the brink of saying voting why vote for Gary Johnson when he has no chance of really winning nor does Ron Paul. A similar candidate for this cause that might make some difference is Obama, I'm still thinking he is the better option.
Because when it comes down to it, the Republicans and Democrats are pure evil and are leading us into a monetary collapse. If I agree with a 3rd party, in this case, the LP and it's nominee Gary Johnson, then I will vote and campaign for the party and nominee.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.