The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 08-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #76
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: The Gary Johnson Thread

I was in San Francisco over the weekend and I saw Gary Johnson signs and thought of you ETM. The hippies keeping hope alive!

Old 08-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #77
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
I was in San Francisco over the weekend and I saw Gary Johnson signs and thought of you ETM. The hippies keeping hope alive!
I'm not a h--*looks in mirror* I stand corrected

Some press about...PPP tweet.

http://newmexico.watchdog.org/15422/...on-supporters/

I haven't seen a poll out in California...wonder how Gary is doing there?

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #78
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

New GJ2012 Ad out today...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #79
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

HUGE NEWS (Well, social media wise)

http://ivn.us/social-ballot/2012/08/...Nrr2cs.twitter

Finally...one of our Twitter Bombs works and trends on twitter for a bit. This was around the 2pm hour. No longer trending, but is still picking up steam.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #80
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

You all know of Americans Elect...it died a quick death...but the party at local level is alive...well, they think Gary Johnson can pull at 10% in November in Oklahoma...so in that state, he is on the AE ballot, as the LP is in a lawsuit.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/20...y_johnson.html

Old 08-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #81
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Love this article so much, it is so true, got a tear in my eye, I am blogging this article, yes, oh yes.

http://www.whiteoutpress.com/article...gn-commercial/

Quote:
When the same network showed polling data from the battleground state of Virginia yesterday, the TV screen showed 3 faces and 1 nameless, faceless silhouette. Obama, Romney and even Constitution Party nominee Virgil Goode were shown in full color. Guess who the graphically blacked-out fourth candidate was?
Quote:
The Johnson camp should commend itself on a wonderfully produced Presidential campaign commercial. While every television and cable channel is submerged in either negative ads from the Obama and Romney campaigns, or news shows repeatedly rebroadcasting those same abrasive ads, Gary Johnson has come up with a refreshing, informative and inspiring spot.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #82
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

OH OH OH

http://vimeo.com/47175870

http://vimeo.com/47149111

TV ADS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #83
8wid
Banned User

I don't know why this one or Romney bothers neither is going to win against Obama. Probably I will still vote for Johnson though regardless.

8wid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #84
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8wid View Post
I don't know why this one or Romney bothers neither is going to win against Obama. Probably I will still vote for Johnson though regardless.

I read a rumor that Romney may get knocked off at RNC by Paul...thanks to many blunders Romney has made...I say it right now, no matter how good Johnson does--he ain't winning unless he makes it into all 3 debates. All bets are off, but the system is rigged...so....however, with tv ads soon and radio ads soon, Gary's stock is going up. Speaking slot at Paul Festival? Check. IF...the RNC pisses off the Paul supporters, Gary will pick up support. Lots of IF's...he could win Colorado where he is polling at 6%, IF...IF...that tv ad about Obama plays there, with radio ads. Now I say could...it depends on ads and there's not enough $$$ yet to get Gary's name out there, but by playing radio ads and tv ads, that gets name out there and increases the war chest. But yes...Obama should easily out debate Romney. Romney really isn't a good debater...and these negative ads are just bad...just make it STOP. Nothing but a pissing contest. Who can be more negative. Also, Johnson is taking more votes from Obama than Romney in Colorado. But these ads on tv and radio need to get out by late August imo to have any dent out in mid-west. I hope the RNC really just ignores Ron Paul and what not...I do, cause in theory that adds more support towards Johnson, rather that gets him past 1% or much higher I can't say. Gary is the strongest Nominee the LP has ever had, yes, including Paul's 88 run...Gary is only two term Gov they have had..but it all comes down to $$$ and Gary has fractions of a penny Obama and Romney has. If Gary only gets minimal Paul supporter in Sept and Oct...that could be 1% there or right under in 0.8-0.9, but the Paul support really needs to come out in droves..Paul isn't on the ballot...Johnson is..not much difference between the two...but in any case...

Obama...Romney...just more ****ing debt and wars and civil liberties gone...Republican party is idiotic for not backing Paul, Johnson, or Huntsman...who cares if that bias, that was your only shot at beating Obama. 'What about Santorium?' That's like watching a MLB Team play against a Class A low level minor league team...and guess who is the MLB Team in that scenario...Obama. Pleeeease...

Old 08-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #85
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Google+ Leader board...as of this posting being typed...these are their circles/followers btw...

1. Obama - 1,924,806
2. Johnson - 1,032,594
3. Romney - 878,960
4. Paul - 185,238

Google+ likes Johnson more than Mr. CPU...Paul seems to be inactive...may explain why Johnson has so many...

Old 08-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #86
8wid
Banned User

George Carlin is right, the US political system has been rigged for almost 200 years now into a two party system. I don't think I'll see it really change in my lifetime without a civil war in the US.

8wid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #87
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
George Carlin is right, the US political system has been rigged for almost 200 years now into a two party system. I don't think I'll see it really change in my lifetime without a civil war in the US.

Perot should've backed the Libertarian Party in 92..and 96..

Old 08-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #88
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

#GaryJohnsonSays was trending on twitter for a bit today!!!!!!!!

That is two twitter bombs in a row that have trended for Gary Johnson!

Old 08-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #89
Baramos
Side-Kick

I think the general problem with Libertarian candidates is that instead of being seen as a moderate middle-ground they combine the two extremes of the political spectrum due to their Objectivist leanings. So you have intense fiscal conservatism that alienates liberals in the Democratic party along with an intense social libertarianism that alienates values voters in the GOP.

He also comes with the disadvantage of not being Ron Paul and not being well-known to voters.

Oh, and the fair tax/flat tax doesn't really stand up to logical scrutiny, BUT the fact that Perot was so popular kind of illustrates how little the average voter even bothered to educate themselves on what exactly the fair/flat tax was going to do.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #90
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
I think the general problem with Libertarian candidates is that instead of being seen as a moderate middle-ground they combine the two extremes of the political spectrum due to their Objectivist leanings. So you have intense fiscal conservatism that alienates liberals in the Democratic party along with an intense social libertarianism that alienates values voters in the GOP.

He also comes with the disadvantage of not being Ron Paul and not being well-known to voters.

Oh, and the fair tax/flat tax doesn't really stand up to logical scrutiny, BUT the fact that Perot was so popular kind of illustrates how little the average voter even bothered to educate themselves on what exactly the fair/flat tax was going to do.
Fiar Tax gets rid of...according to Johnson...

1. Income Tax
  2. Withholding
  3. IRS
  4. Capital Gains Tax
  5. Corporate Taxes
It also comes with a $200 ($2400 yearly) monthly rebate check to help poor people cover the 23% sales tax on everything you buy. Perfect? I dunno, but sounds better than our current system. We keep our entire checks.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:43 AM   #91
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Another new one...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

If not working...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmZ1JilA0qg

Old 08-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #92
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

VOTE HERE

https://www.socialteeth.org/ads/67a6...7596e6061eafbb

New website with a experience partner to get ads onto the tv. Gary Johnson will end the drugs wars youtube campaign ad is in 1st place big time. Sign up and you get 100 votes to vote.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #93
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Fantastic. I left two wall posts on the Facebook wall. Glad they got in today.

http://ivn.us/2012/08/22/activist-ha...te-commission/

Activist Delivers comments to Commission on Presidential Debates.

Need to keep it up.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #94
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Even a civil war won't change things unless you completely overhaul the electoral system. The Democrats and Republicans will never allow the FPTP system to go away.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #95
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Old news is in news again. suck it, Michigan GOP.

Quote:
He found out at the last minute that he had to sign a form to take his name off the ballot. Johnson told Reason.com that Michigan declined his campaign’s request to remove him from the ballot because his paperwork was stamped at 4:03 p.m. — three minutes past the deadline.
So Johnson is suing the great state of Michigan to allow him to run there as a Libertarian.
But in case that doesn’t work, Johnson has another plan.
It turns out there’s a Libertarian Party member in Texas who has run for several offices who has volunteered to help. His name is Gary E. Johnson. Reportedly, Johnson met Johnson while in line for their credentials at the Libertarian Party convention in Las Vegas, Nev., in May.
The Texas guy’s middle name is “Edward,” while our Gary’s middle name is “Earl.” But if New Mexico Gary loses the court case, Texas Gary has agreed to step in so the name “Gary E. Johnson” will appear on the Michigan ballot.
“And if he wins in Michigan, he’s agreed to give me his electoral votes,” the former governor told me.
Whatever you think of former Gov. Johnson and his politics, you have to give him credit for creative problem solving.
http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Opinion/082612ROUNDUP

GO AND CRY MICH GOP. waaaaaaaaaaaaa. Like that.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #96
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Not good for Johnson, but hopefully Paul supporters support him soon. Some are, some aren't, some are waiting til after RNC. And he'll have tv and radio ads out in Sept, mid Sept.

But Gary Johnson is poling 3.8% in new Poll out today by JZ/Washington Times. In Mid July he was at 5.3%.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-stick/?page=1

Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #97
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Now Gary has 4 Freedom Van's out there. These babies look great. Nice idea to gain supporters/voters.

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/gary-johnson-vans

Old 08-30-2012, 12:12 AM   #98
georgec
Not a hero

Now is the time when independents gradually give into the "keep the other guy out of the WH at all costs" arguments from the Democrats or Republicans. Not surprising to see Johnson's numbers slip.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #99
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Now is the time when independents gradually give into the "keep the other guy out of the WH at all costs" arguments from the Democrats or Republicans. Not surprising to see Johnson's numbers slip.
Numbers haven't slipped much. He got 1% in Rasmussen Polling recently, but in a new one out yesterday, he wasn't included. So you can easily toss that poll out. In a newer JZ/Washington Times Poll he slipped to 3.8%, down from 5.3 in Mid July.

He is gaining more in Facebook Likes. At 221K now. His ongoing money bomb is at 330K and there are plans for a flood of donations today (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday). He will have ads go out on radio and tv in mid Sept. Paul supporters are flocking his way every day now.

He has trended on twitter the last 3 Sundays IN A ROW.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #100
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

I was there tweeting and RT during the hour.

https://twitter.com/GovGaryJohnson/s...56924799143936

Don't know how long #GoGaryJohnson was #1 in United States Trends, but it was in the top 5 Trends for AN HOUR.

C'mon Hippier_Hunter of the Hippies, join our fun every Sunday. or maybe you are and we are BFF's on Twitter and don't know it yet.