The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #226
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Default Re: Batman Arkham Asylum Sequel

I wanna see a few people from Batmans extended family, nightwing, oracle, alfred. I want a little fight between catwoman and maybe later let her help you out a little.
As for gotham being run by the villians, the main villain sections I wanna see are: joker/scarecrow, 2-face/blackmask, penguin/mr.freeze, ra's and talia al ghul, and for sub villains: clayface, mad hatter, the riddler, catwoman, harley quinn, prometheus, great white shark, and killer croc. Idk I'm just brain storming.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #227
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I'd love a focus on other villains, but the impression you get from that trailer is that the Joker has got another plan or something... Personally, I think the Joker would be great as the main villain... It doesn't mean Ra's can't feature heaps, but I just think Joker is alot more interesting as the over riding villain, leaving calling cards and messages for batman and so forth...

Also, some villains like Ra's I can see wanting to work alone, rather than with other villains, so perhaps other villains can just take advantage of whatever mishap befalls the city for their own motives...

I think Ras could be an awesome twist at the end too, like Mr Sinister at the end of X-Men Legends 2

Old 12-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #228
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I imagine they'll include the Mad Hatter garden maze idea they left out of Arkham Aslyum

Old 12-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #229
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I'd love a focus on other villains, but the impression you get from that trailer is that the Joker has got another plan or something... Personally, I think the Joker would be great as the main villain... It doesn't mean Ra's can't feature heaps, but I just think Joker is alot more interesting as the over riding villain, leaving calling cards and messages for batman and so forth...
Yeah, but we just had that. Do you really want the same thing just on a somewhat larger scale and a couple of new villains on the undercard?

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #230
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Doesn't mean that doesn't work, or isn't good... Thats basically been the Joker's schtick since forever.... Everyone seems to be in a massive rush to get every batman character possible, robin, nightwing, ra's, etc.... We finally get one good Batman game, after god knows how long, surely we can be patient now that they've struck a good formula...
I think it would be coolest if there were just a bunch of villains on the loose, but the Joker is the main one who keeps contacting Batman, considering pretty much his only motive is just to F**k with Bats.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:27 AM   #231
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Quote:
Doesn't mean that doesn't work, or isn't good... Thats basically been the Joker's schtick since forever.... Everyone seems to be in a massive rush to get every batman character possible, robin, nightwing, ra's, etc.... We finally get one good Batman game, after god knows how long, surely we can be patient now that they've struck a good formula...
I think it would be coolest if there were just a bunch of villains on the loose, but the Joker is the main one who keeps contacting Batman, considering pretty much his only motive is just to F**k with Bats.
So, what, only the Joker should be the main bad guy in these games or something? It doesn't even mess with the formula to have a different main boss. Sounds like you're just wanting the exact same story just in Gotham. Personally, I would prefer something at least somewhat different since the Joker doesn't need to be the main rogue in every single Batman related story. Especially not when you have other rogues who can fit that bill just as well

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.

Last edited by Tron Bonne; 12-13-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:29 AM   #232
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
Lego Batman is arguebly a good Batman game and it had playable heroes. Really the game isn't ruined if we see Lucious Fox, Robin and others helping Batman out. It would be illogical tbh.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:31 AM   #233
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I didn't say he should be the main bad guy there, why do we even need a MAIN bad guy? I just said I wanted Joker to be in constant contact with Batman, to be f**king with him, because Mark Hamill is awesome and the dialogue was really good in the first one... That doesn't mean that another villain can't play a more prominent role to the story...

Personally, I reckon it'd be cool if it was like Dark Knight in a way, where Joker isn't really the main threat, but since he's escaped he keeps running interference and making things difficult for Batman.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #234
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Quote:
Lego Batman is arguebly a good Batman game and it had playable heroes. Really the game isn't ruined if we see Lucious Fox, Robin and others helping Batman out. It would be illogical tbh.
No, I know they could work, but it's not Batman: Ultimate Alliance... If it's going to be as tight a story as the last one, they should try and limit the characters... For instance Nightwing AND robin would be a bit much, and if Lucius Fox is in it, he should replace Oracle, or be included in the upgrade system somehow...

Old 12-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #235
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Quote:
I didn't say he should be the main bad guy there, why do we even need a MAIN bad guy? I just said I wanted Joker to be in constant contact with Batman, to be f**king with him, because Mark Hamill is awesome and the dialogue was really good in the first one... That doesn't mean that another villain can't play a more prominent role to the story...
I think there has to be a main villain or sets of villains who drives the narrative and story forward. Otherwise, you only have sets of unrelated villains throughout without one having anymore significance than the other in the story. Which could work, but I don't see them going that route

Quote:
Old 12-13-2009, 11:39 AM   #236
El_Citrus
Side-Kick

I personally loved the new trailer and what a shock it was to see it right at the beginning of the VGA's. I don't mind seeing that Joker is loose again as long as they show that maybe this was his reserve plan and how he broke out of Arkham. I hope he's not the main focus of the game, more like just lying in the shadows and buying his time while Bats deals with the chaos of the other villains loose in the city. Either way, I'm STOKED for AA2.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #237
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
No, I know they could work, but it's not Batman: Ultimate Alliance... If it's going to be as tight a story as the last one, they should try and limit the characters... For instance Nightwing AND robin would be a bit much, and if Lucius Fox is in it, he should replace Oracle, or be included in the upgrade system somehow...
MGS4 has like what? Raiden, Rose, Campbell, Naomi, Dreben, Vamp, Otacon, Big Boss and who else! Batman has alot of potential for great story telling with rich cutscenes and dialogue.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #238
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Yeah, and MGS4 was a game made purely for fans, with virtually no playability for anyone outside of the series... This has to be at least partly accessible or relevant to the general public.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #239
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Quote:
Yeah, and MGS4 was a game made purely for fans, with virtually no playability for anyone outside of the series... This has to be at least partly accessible or relevant to the general public.
I don't completely agree with that, and I think sells say otherwise, but that's a discussion for another time

Quote:
Old 12-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #240
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
And what about the other MGS games? Also MGS games all have sold very nicely, so i really don't see what your argument is here.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:48 AM   #241
Michael Frost
Snowman

So, let's get the discussion started! What things do you think they should improve over the old game besides a fresh new story and more awesome gadgets?

I think the boss confrontations need to be better. Basically all the bosses in Arkham Asylum were quite lame and relied too much in throwing goons at Batman. Very repetitive. Even Killer Croc was just a rehash of throwing a batarang at charging big guys ala Bane/Titans. We need a villain that also uses Freeflow and kicks Batman's ass. Oddly enough, the villains didn't use weapons either in Arkham Asylum. This is where they can make it interesting.

Make Two-Face a gun wielder that will shoot you up if you're far away from him. Make him flip his coin before he decides to shoot you as some kind of warning sign.

I'm also in need of a Joker hand to hand direct fight. Give him his weird toys and a cane. They had him playable on PS3 so he already has a set of moves similar to Batman so they just need to pitch them together in a fight. We seriously lacked this in the last level of Arkham Asylum. Between the final goon fight and Titan Joker, Joker should had pulled a fist fight with Batman on his throne room. Only after you beat him in direct confrontation would he take the serum.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #242
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

I wonder what they're gonna title it...

It probably won't end up as Batman: Arkham Asylum 2, but maybe Batman: Gotham or Batman: Gotham City. It's weird that they didn't put the title in the press release.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #243
El_Citrus
Side-Kick

I agree that they need to heavily improve the boss battles and there needs to be someone who can go toe to toe with Bats, not just overpower him. I'd like to see Freeze and Firefly as villains, since I like the dynamic of fire and ice in two different parts of Gotham. Two Face will likely rely on tons of goons while trying to shoot Bats himself.

Another thing that needs improving is replayability. I'd like to see some different paths you can take, and more emphasis on rewarding those who rely more on combat or predator.

I, personally, want a couple new gadgets and some new Batsuits.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #244
Spidey 2007
Side-Kick

Well Id like to see new Batman control mechanics, he was just a bit stiff in arkham, id like them to loosen it up more, make a jump button, have him more agile all around. I definatly want to see Robin in this. They could make robin a fantastic character involved. I dont want too many charaters though, save alot of them for more sequels.

Definatly a solid huge batcave that houses more suits, more gadgets, more vehicles and things. Those are my major wants. the rest im leaving up to rocksteady because I have all the faith in the world...

Just like with TDK, I had NO worries the moment Nolan and crew were underway.

This will be the TDK of the video game world. The crumbling concrete Bat logo will be the next Exploding Bat.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #245
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

As I said before: What if you had the option to take the story alone or with a partner(s)? They would have to have a few alternate cinematics but the story would more or less be the same. If you play it alone, you chose your character.

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Old 12-13-2009, 12:34 PM   #246
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmaster3000 View Post
I wonder what they're gonna title it...

It probably won't end up as Batman: Arkham Asylum 2, but maybe Batman: Gotham or Batman: Gotham City. It's weird that they didn't put the title in the press release.
Given the nature of the trailer and the tagline, I was thinking Batman: Gotham Asylum.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #247
El_Citrus
Side-Kick

If they add a bit of a sandbox element to this game, I'd like to see the batcave have a bigger role, especially with upgrading weapons and the batsuit.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:38 PM   #248
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamar141 View Post
Given the nature of the trailer and the tagline, I was thinking Batman: Gotham Asylum.
That's a pretty crappy title, to be honest.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #249
Soapy
It's happening again...

Thank you. Your opinion is important to me.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #250
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

man oh man i can't wait for this game!

judging by the "we want you" poster on the main site, it's pretty safe to assume that Two Face will be in the game. in addition to the fact that the game ends with Batman going to Gotham to stop a Two Face robbery.

seems that the Joker makes a return as well...LOL

Gotham looked badass in that teaser. can't wait to play it

Closed Thread