The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #26
mr. peasant
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,915
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

Clearly, you've missed out on Jersey Shore...

mr. peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #27
SPIDER-MAN-ROX
Big Ugly Go-Bot
 
SPIDER-MAN-ROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Crossville, TN
Posts: 1,698
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelisse View Post
he has a crooked chin, why is his love interest not Booth? Styles is ok I guess
Her name was Boof not Booth. I think the Allison chick is a pretty hot little piece of ass for Scott to be interested in.

__________________
"When the teacher asked Clark Kent why he kept putting down Mexican instead of White as his nationality he simply replied Illegal Alien wasn't an option."
SPIDER-MAN-ROX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #28
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!
 
The Incredible Hulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps!
Posts: 30,328
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

Cant wait to see when they bring in "Chubby" to the series.



Oh I forgot, this is MTV. No one is overweight... or ugly...or remotely talented for that matter.


The series can only redeem itself in my eyes if Stiles (NOT Styles) wears a "What Are You Looking At Dicknose" t-shirt.

__________________
Superheroes: Serious Business!
The Incredible Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #29
Evelisse
Exactly
 
Evelisse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Palm Harbor, FL.
Posts: 2,453
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
Cant wait to see when they bring in "Chubby" to the series.



Oh I forgot, this is MTV. No one is overweight... or ugly...or remotely talented for that matter.


Haha! Shoot It Fat Boy!!!!

Evelisse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #30
kickass
Side-Kick
 
kickass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,879
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
How does he sell the role well? He doesn't really show any emotion or facial expressions.
I found his character incredible humble and relaxed, your average dude at school, not stiff or "oh woe is me, no one likes me!" which isn't the case here (refreshing). And his buddy Stiles is hilarious!

__________________
Today. Not tomorrow.

Last edited by kickass; 06-07-2011 at 11:17 PM.
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #31
kickass
Side-Kick
 
kickass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,879
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
when the kid changes to the "werewolf" it looks horrible. It's basically him with long nails, and pointy teeth and ears. He looks more like Gollum than a wolf.
He isn't a full-blown werewolf yet. he's only able to turn partly, not all the way. Otherwise he'd look like the monster that bit him in the beginning. We'll learn more about this as time goes on (or I will anyway, since none of yous will be watching ).

__________________
Today. Not tomorrow.
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:18 AM   #32
SPIDER-MAN-ROX
Big Ugly Go-Bot
 
SPIDER-MAN-ROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Crossville, TN
Posts: 1,698
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

In case you cared to know trivia, The kid who plays Jackson "AKA Scott's rival" already played a werewolf on the one season of "The Gates" that was on ABC last year.

__________________
"When the teacher asked Clark Kent why he kept putting down Mexican instead of White as his nationality he simply replied Illegal Alien wasn't an option."
SPIDER-MAN-ROX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #33
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!
 
The Incredible Hulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps!
Posts: 30,328
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass View Post
He isn't a full-blown werewolf yet. he's only able to turn partly, not all the way. Otherwise he'd look like the monster that bit him in the beginning. We'll learn more about this as time goes on (or I will anyway, since none of yous will be watching ).
Are you just assuming that's the case? Or was this actually stated by someone on the show somewhere?

Not that a crappy looking CG wolf is all that much better mind you, but I digress.

__________________
Superheroes: Serious Business!
The Incredible Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #34
Siby
Side-Kick
 
Siby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,546
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

To me the pace of the show felt rushed. I think they should have developed the characters more. They should have shown how Scott and Styles didn't fit in. The dynamics of the school.

They really should have kept the lycanthropy as an inherited thing rather than the usual bite from a werewolf. This could have been a coming of age teen drama with a werewolf, kind of like the movie. Also, I think the actor that plays Scott needs to be physically different looking from the "good looking" crowd. Right now there is nothing to distinguish him from the jocks or the in crowd. He should not be this ripped kid that looks like a model.

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #35
Doc Vape
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 65
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

I saw episode 1, I liked it a lot. Heard they are going with a deep lore here with 3 different type of werewolves

I don't care if the werewolf is cgi cheesy because IMO it's better than no werewolf show at all

Doc Vape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #36
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

checked this out of sheer curiosity....not half bad

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #37
Doc Vape
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 65
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

it will tide me over till the other lore heavy show (Vampire Diaries) comes back

Doc Vape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #38
superhero
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mars
Posts: 2,694
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

ilike to so far micheal jfox is my favorite a actor ig ot most of his moives i own teen wolf. i liked it i hadn't see the other esidoe i ony watche the poit it kind ofremiend me of moonlight orvampier daires i hope they have micheal j fox cameo.

superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #39
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

I think it was done in the vein of Vampire Diaries....I don't anticipate a Michael J Fox cameo, considering MTV runs this show and they really don't acknowledge anyone over the age of 29 unless they are HUGE

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #40
Siby
Side-Kick
 
Siby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,546
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhero View Post
ilike to so far micheal jfox is my favorite a actor ig ot most of his moives i own teen wolf. i liked it i hadn't see the other esidoe i ony watche the poit it kind ofremiend me of moonlight orvampier daires i hope they have micheal j fox cameo.
Jeebus! That was painful to decipher. This show has nothing to do with the Michael J Fox movie so there is no reason for him to do a cameo. Not to mention that the guy is already suffering from an illness, why would he want to add this show to his list.

Quote:
it will tide me over till the other lore heavy show (Vampire Diaries) comes back
What do you like about that show? Is it the vampires? I like vampires but man I cannot get into that show at all. I've tried to watch it several times but the dialog and drama is so inane it is unwatchable for me.

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #41
Doc Vape
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 65
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siby View Post
Jeebus! That was painful to decipher. This show has nothing to do with the Michael J Fox movie so there is no reason for him to do a cameo. Not to mention that the guy is already suffering from an illness, why would he want to add this show to his list.



What do you like about that show? Is it the vampires? I like vampires but man I cannot get into that show at all. I've tried to watch it several times but the dialog and drama is so inane it is unwatchable for me.
I'm a sucker for anything werewolf vs vampire

I like what they are introducing lore wise into the series, about the 'original' family of vampires, how the werewolves were around before that, the whole next season should be lore heavy since its suppose to be the 'season of the originals'

I'm expected to be wowed, I genuinely like the show, girls on it are hot too

I mean in a era were shows get canceled after 4 episodes, this one is holding its own

Doc Vape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #42
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!
 
The Incredible Hulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps!
Posts: 30,328
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

If you're looking for anything "heavy" or "deep" from MTV, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

__________________
Superheroes: Serious Business!
The Incredible Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #43
Evelisse
Exactly
 
Evelisse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Palm Harbor, FL.
Posts: 2,453
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

Teen Wolf is holding MTV hostage, its like they've repeated these first two episodes three or more times a day everyday since they first aired.

Evelisse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #44
Lord Blackbolt
Side-Kick
 
Lord Blackbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: currently kicking ass with my tuning fork!
Posts: 19,975
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

I thought it would have been a retread of Twilight..but it's way better than twilight. To me it feels like Smallville...only with a werewolf teen instead of a alien. Each episode focuses on a different new power he's learned...like super hearing, sight or smell.

__________________
Check out my new comic book series DREAM REAVERS
Lord Blackbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:20 AM   #45
SPIDER-MAN-ROX
Big Ugly Go-Bot
 
SPIDER-MAN-ROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Crossville, TN
Posts: 1,698
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

Jill Wagner was introduced in the newest episode, she plays the aunt of Allison & also a werewolf hunter. I thought that she was pretty decent on her last tv series "Blade" the tv series until it got cancelled, I hope this show doesn't suffer the same fate. I hate getting used to a show & it up & gets cancelled.

__________________
"When the teacher asked Clark Kent why he kept putting down Mexican instead of White as his nationality he simply replied Illegal Alien wasn't an option."
SPIDER-MAN-ROX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:10 AM   #46
kickass
Side-Kick
 
kickass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,879
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

MTV is very pleased with the outcome of Teen Wolf. Unlike their previous remake SKINS, TW is holding its own and is pretty much considered a hit for them. I don't think a season 2 is out of the question.

BTW, Jill Wagner is HOT

__________________
Today. Not tomorrow.
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:14 AM   #47
kickass
Side-Kick
 
kickass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,879
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
Are you just assuming that's the case? Or was this actually stated by someone on the show somewhere?

Not that a crappy looking CG wolf is all that much better mind you, but I digress.
It was stated in the show, and we're learning more about it now, 5 episodes in. Derek (the dude who is trying to help Scott, our main protagonist) explains to Scott that both he and Scott are Beta's. They're still more human than wolf. But the one who bit Scott in the first episode is an Alpha, a full-fledged Werewolf. And so Scott belongs to the Alpha's pack. Which of course he doesn't want to be, he doesn't want anything to do with any of this crazy stuff. And his powers are only starting to get stronger.

So now there's an Alpha on the loose in the small town and our heroes are trying to find out who it is. And apparently the creator of the show said they'll be exploring 3 different Werewolf types, so this will get very interesting.

And I don't think there's anything wrong with the CG Werewolf at all. I say this because we haven't gotten a full reveal of the beast yet. Very quick flashes and glimpses.

__________________
Today. Not tomorrow.

Last edited by kickass; 06-30-2011 at 04:23 AM.
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:49 AM   #48
Evelisse
Exactly
 
Evelisse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Palm Harbor, FL.
Posts: 2,453
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

Caught up with the last couple episodes, I know it's MTV but man wish they would cut back on the lame teen romance novel between scott and his girlfriend, goes from somewhat interesting werewolf action story/scenes then then commercial few more minutes of werewolf action/story then then commercial... their relationship as it is now is crazy boring, unless they bring more of the hunter story out of her character.

Evelisse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:48 AM   #49
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!
 
The Incredible Hulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps!
Posts: 30,328
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass View Post
It was stated in the show, and we're learning more about it now, 5 episodes in. Derek (the dude who is trying to help Scott, our main protagonist) explains to Scott that both he and Scott are Beta's. They're still more human than wolf. But the one who bit Scott in the first episode is an Alpha, a full-fledged Werewolf. And so Scott belongs to the Alpha's pack. Which of course he doesn't want to be, he doesn't want anything to do with any of this crazy stuff. And his powers are only starting to get stronger.

So now there's an Alpha on the loose in the small town and our heroes are trying to find out who it is. And apparently the creator of the show said they'll be exploring 3 different Werewolf types, so this will get very interesting.

And I don't think there's anything wrong with the CG Werewolf at all. I say this because we haven't gotten a full reveal of the beast yet. Very quick flashes and glimpses.

If you say so. I punched out after episode 2 and have no desire to catch up on anything especially with a show like True Blood back on the air.

__________________
Superheroes: Serious Business!
The Incredible Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #50
kickass
Side-Kick
 
kickass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,879
Default Re: MTV bringing Teen Wolf to the small screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelisse View Post
Caught up with the last couple episodes, I know it's MTV but man wish they would cut back on the lame teen romance novel between scott and his girlfriend, goes from somewhat interesting werewolf action story/scenes then then commercial few more minutes of werewolf action/story then then commercial... their relationship as it is now is crazy boring, unless they bring more of the hunter story out of her character.

I like their flirtatious romance. And it's far more believable since these actors actually look the age of the characters they're playing.
It's all far better acted and presented than any Twilight garbage

__________________
Today. Not tomorrow.
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.