The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 01-09-2010, 03:00 PM   #51
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: What big twists could be in the next Superman movies?

Don't like that idea the point is Jor-El is supposed to be a good man and his son is supposed to grow up to be like his father. Zod should always be bad.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #52
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Jor-El is evil, Zod is good....
That's it, i am applying for a red lantern ring!

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #53
Changeling
Banned User

You're angry?

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #54
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I think there are some things you can change but Jor-El been evil and Zod been good isnt one of them.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #55
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

what if jor-el destroyed krypton to get back at the counsel that doubted him.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #56
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
You're angry?
Naah, not really. But i will be if they adapt your ideas. I mean its a pretty big departure from canon. Its like Thomas Wayne being the Joker.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #57
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Naah, not really. But i will be if they adapt your ideas. I mean its a pretty big departure from canon. Its like Thomas Wayne being the Joker.
Agreed its too much

Old 01-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #58
wattabrownsound
Side-Kick

Lara and jor-el escape krypton with kal-el but die en route to earth or on earth due to that problem where Kryptonians can't leave the planet. Jor-el was going to inoculate himself and Lara along the way but lost the needles or they get destroyed.

wattabrownsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #59
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

My idea for a twist in the new superman movie, you’ll have to read the section below to understand where I’m coming from. I wrote what would be the opening scene of the movie.

The movie begins in Smallville Kansas. Some sporting event is just finishing up. We get our first look at Clark Kent and Lana Lang. They are both in their freshmen or sophomore year in high school. Clark is a star athlete, excelling in the classroom and on the field. The interaction we see is brief but establishes that these two are close, best friends, much more akin to Clark’s relationship with Chloe rather than Lana, from smallville the tv show. There may even be a budding romance between the two, but it hasn’t come to fruition b/c they both think it might jeopardize their friendship (although neither one knows what the other is thinking). Lana asks Clark why he’s recently begun wearing glasses. He says he’s been having headaches from eye strain recently and thinks the glasses will help. [Here we’re establishing why clark kent would be wearing glasses, also that his powers have been growing gradually up to this point and haven’t fully emerged yet.]

Clark hears an ear-piercing sound, lana asks what’s wrong, he’s like, “what is that? Can you hear that”. Lana has no idea what he’s talking about. Then the sound goes away and clark feels fine. He dismisses it and heads for home.

Pulling up to the farm in his dad’s pickup truck, clark hears the piercing sound again. He realizes it’s coming from the barn. Slowly making his way to the barn he notices that the cellar in the barn is open, the underground location of the ship that brought him to earth. “Dad is that you?” he asks as he cautiously approaches. A medium built man stands over the ship as it glows as the sounds continue emanating from it. The man turns around to acknowledge Clark. His eyes glow a greenish color. We begin seeing things from his perspective. It looks like a display screen of some sort and after cycling through trying to identity what clark is, it matches his dna signature as a potential kryptonian (30%). “What are you doing in here?” clark demands.

The scenes switches to inside the Kent home. Jonathan and Martha are preparing for dinner. You see them as a real family, good character stuff here. They’re talking about Clark, their life, maybe doubts or concerns they have. They are startled by the sound of a loud crash outside and are horrored to see Johnathan’s truck in flames, even more shocked as they watch Clark emerge from the ruble.

Clark tells them to run as the robot leaps out of the barn and lands on the remains of the truck, then lunges at Clark. Martha screams. Just as the robot has Clark pinned and is about to initiate a probe of some sort, a shotgun blasts it back. Jonathan tells Clark to stay down and keeps firing at the robot. After taking a few direct shots to the head and chest the robot identifies Jonathan as a threat that must be terminated. As it prepares to leap toward Jonathan, Clark grabs it and punches it several times, showing an increase in strength and further damaging the robot. Clark hears the robot’s reading of “60% Kryptonian”, it startles him enough to hesitate in his assault. The robot knocks him a good 30 feet away landing in the cornfield, and turns to resume its attack on Jonathan. The handle of the shot gun shatters as it hits the robot’s head. Unhindered by Jonathans’ attack the robot prepares to kill him with its razor sharp talons.

Everything slows down as we begin seeing the situation from Clark perspective. He’s starting to pick himself up in the cornfield but can see the danger his father is in. He starts to run as fast as he can and just before impact with the robot he takes flight for the first time, with the robot in tow.

The robot struggles to break Clark’s grip and even slashes him with is talons, which have no effect on Clark. From its viewport the reading rapidly increases from 60% to 70%, 80%, 90% then as Clark’s eyes begin to glow with his anger, the reading displays %100 Kryptonian as it is incinerated by Clark’s heat vision.

Clark remains hovering with the lifeless robot in his arms until he hears Martha scream “JOHNATHAN!!!” Clark turns to look back at the farm with shock. We see a full frame of his face wearing a worried expression. He wakes up in the present, visibly startled by the dream/memory from his past.

After this scene Clark discovers that the remains of the brainiac drone/probe are missing. Later we discover that a young rouge scientist working for star Labs, has the remains. In studying it he determines that the alloy is not from earth and discovers a host of other things that point to it having extraterrestrial origin. The scientist is able to reverse engineer the advanced technology and uses this knowledge to advance his own personal agenda. The rouge scientist is Lex Luthor. He uses the knowledge he gains to create several technological breakthroughs and founds LexCorp. He has an antagonistic relationship with star labs after this.

This all happens in the ten year period between the opening scene in the movie and Clark finally appearing as superman. All of this isn’t necessarily shown on screen but is implied. What we do see at some point is that lex has a room that still holds the robot. At some point he’s explaining everything to someone maybe lois or Clark or both, then he points out how the metal like material the robot is composed of is harder than any substance known to man. He then asks then to look closer. He points out what appears to be the imprint of a human hand on the robot’s arm (were Clark grabbed it).

Lois looks surprised. “Now what kind of a person would be strong enough to do that?” Lex poses the question (maybe lois and Clark are both there). “Superman?” Lois mumbles to herself. “As you can see the hand print isn’t that of a full grown man but possibly a teenager. It appears our ‘Man of Steel’ has been here longer than any of us knew….Hmm…I wonder what he was doing all that time before he came to metropolis…don’t you, Lois?”

Last edited by Daybreak_st; 01-21-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #60
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

LexCorp leads the world in cutting edge technology and military applications of this technology. Lex creates metallo with the a synthetic version of the metal on the brainiac probe. When superman confronts metallo he notices the similarity in his design to the robot and wonders if they are somehow connected.

Also near the end of the film the probe reactivates, perhaps after clark leaves the room in the scene where lex describes everything. It says "kryptonian identified, initiating homing beacon" (essentially it's picking up where it left off ten years before it was incinerated by clark). the movie ends in the far reaches of space as a lone skull shaped ship cruises along, suddenly coming to life as if recieves the beacon. Brainiac is coming to earth. The end.

Last edited by Daybreak_st; 01-21-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #61
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

some nice ideas there.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:49 AM   #62
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Thanks Webhead

Old 01-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #63
Frodo
Side-Kick

As for as the Jor El / Zod relationship , I'd keep the status quo of Jor El good and Zod evil , except I would make Jor El something of a mentor to Zod.

They had a close almost , and I say almost a father/son like relationship. Once Zod and his allies decide to overthrow the government Zod goes to Jor El in search for an ally . Jor El refushes and in turs informs the council of Zod's treasoness acts .

Once Zod is found guilty and caught Jor El asks the council to spare his life and send him and his cohorts to the phantom zone. Zod nevertheless see's it as a betrayal which is part of Zod's anger and vengence toward Jor-El.

Hence, Jor El is strict and stern when it comes to Kal El since he wants to avoid him from becoming arrogant and power hungry the way Zod did.

That would be one way of adding some depth to Zod , instead him just being a mad general.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #64
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
As for as the Jor El / Zod relationship , I'd keep the status quo of Jor El good and Zod evil , except I would make Jor El something of a mentor to Zod.

They had a close almost , and I say almost a father/son like relationship. Once Zod and his allies decide to overthrow the government Zod goes to Jor El in search for an ally . Jor El refushes and in turs informs the council of Zod's treasoness acts .

Once Zod is found guilty and caught Jor El asks the council to spare his life and send him and his cohorts to the phantom zone. Zod nevertheless see's it as a betrayal which is part of Zod's anger and vengence toward Jor-El.

Hence, Jor El is strict and stern when it comes to Kal El since he wants to avoid him from becoming arrogant and power hungry the way Zod did.

That would be one way of adding some depth to Zod , instead him just being a mad general.
What about the same but Zod is the mentor.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:13 AM   #65
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

could see that being a good thing.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 01-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #66
wattabrownsound
Side-Kick

even though jor-el and lara surviving the destruction of krypton with Kal-el but dying later on would be a twist, is their death on krypton one of those things that just shouldn't change?

Old 01-23-2010, 11:00 PM   #67
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea i wouldnt want their death on krypton changed. There is certain things you should/need to keep right. While other details could be altered a bit to give this take different then others.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 01-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #68
Anubis
Sup?

How about no Zod. I'm about sick of that A-hole at this point.

H.E.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:02 AM   #69
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

i dont see any issue with zod myself. its all about how the character will be written, and what they do with him.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 01-24-2010, 06:53 AM   #70
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
i dont see any issue with zod myself. its all about how the character will be written, and what they do with him.

How about this, the phantom zone is a time portal. It's a glass like mirror sheet, when touch it, it's surface is like water and is how you transend into it.

When you appear the other side, admist static electricity similar to the classic terminator entries, it is actually earth.

Earth is the phantom zone, a planet where kryptonians are sent as punishment for being Tyrants and their objective is to redevelop the region they exist in - they will learn that leading is harder than it seems, a moral lesson.

Upon Krypton's destruction, Jor El's only hope is to send his only son, with guidance, hoping it can be a more positive protector?????

Just an idea...

Vaibow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #71
Frodo
Side-Kick

As far as other twists or something new, I wouldn't have lex be behind Brainac or Metallo or whoever because that's been done to death, and to have Luthor be behind every bad thing that happens in Metropolis or to Superman is tired imo .

I'd also take the SV route and have Lex believe what he's doing is for the good of humanity. He does see Superman as a threat to the world. He see's him as a God who can turn on human's at any second . For me it's more frightening to have someone like Lex doing what he does because he feels it's right for humanity then because he wants to destroy the world or feels that he should be the only big fish in town.

I even think Lex should be portrayed as very charming and likeable, instead of just a creepy guy. Again, that's more scary to me then the bald guy who's odviously bad yet he with power who somehow fools everyone. At least with him as a charmer you could understand how he's snowed so many people and how it would come as a shock to Metropolans that he has this dark side. It would also put Superman in the awkward postion of knowing what Lex is capable of and knowing he's bad ,but really unable to convince people that he is a threat. That way you have Metropolis's favorite son pit against it's savior , and in the public's mind they're both heroes.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:20 AM   #72
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

vai that would be a bit odd twist there.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #73
wattabrownsound
Side-Kick

Jor-el, Lara and...Kal-el die on Krypton when it explodes. But still somehow the story moves forward as we all know it.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #74
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

^How on earth could that possibly happen?

Old 02-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #75
wattabrownsound
Side-Kick

I don't know but it sure would be a big mind****.