The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > G.I. Joe > G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Old 12-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
Atharun
Chillin'

Default Snake Eyes Costume

When I saw this movie, I though they did a decent job of getting the fell of Snake Eye's Costume. However the body suit type is one of the harder ones to pull of and the cargo pants with a tight rubber top just seemed porrly done. Also I believe the visor was WAy too LARGE.

I hope that they can redo his costume perhaps closer to hsi Resolute style with the knee/elbow pads and what not. It seems more plausible as his current one just didn't look good. Also please get rid of the mouth.

One factor I think that had a lot to do with it was that Ray Park is relatively short, where as Snake Eyes is usually portrayed as a taller more lithe build.

if anyone can post designs for a costume they think would be a fit for the movie please feel free.

Atharun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
Gerrorism

Default Re: Snake Eyes Costume

Id like to see something along the lines of resolute too, its a nice blend of commando with a little drop of ninja.

Gerrorism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
FCEEVIPER
The Demons Head

All they have to do it remove the mouth and it would pretty much be as good as it gets for the silver screen.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
FCEEVIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
wyltk75

I agree, Ray Park was a bad choice, he's too short. Also, if they take off Snake Eyes mask in a sequel, he looks nothing like the real guy. The mouth was dumb too. I think I could write a book on why the movie sucked. lol.

wyltk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
Shadow-Guardian
Banned User

Imo, Either do a resolute look, or give him the Reactive Impact Armor. Since everyone else was wearing it, I think it would looks really good on Snake Eyes. It's kinda His style anyway, the sleek black armor and all.

And the mouth, although I once defended it, really needs to go. It seems pointless, now that I really look at it. In all honesty though, I really didn't tihnk it was THAT big of a deal.

Shadow-Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
Londeaux

I went online and found everything that I would need to put together a realistic Snake-Eye's costume.

I was disappointed in GI Joe uniforms. You'd think they would go with what Hasbro put together.

Londeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #7
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyltk75 View Post
I agree, Ray Park was a bad choice, he's too short. Also, if they take off Snake Eyes mask in a sequel, he looks nothing like the real guy. The mouth was dumb too. I think I could write a book on why the movie sucked. lol.
What real guy? The comic book character? You know they can add scars with make up and dye his hair. Also where are you getting he's too short from?

The mouth thing is somewhat explained in the commentary. Apparently one of the studio executives hated featureless masks, so it was a comprimise.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote