The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 01-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #26
Dr.Dude
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who else feels sick?

I'm not going to lose sleep over it or anything but...

Yes, I feel sickened by it. Spider-Man's always been my favorite superhero, by far; my childhood hero, even. I love all three Raimi movies. If they wanted to get a new director, fine, a new cast, fine; it could be a new direction without starting from scratch. But rebooting after less than ten years, just so we can see the same damn story all over again? Especially after teasing us with signing Raimi, Maguire and all of them on again?

I pretty much just lost all interest in this franchise.

Dr.Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:36 AM   #27
sumspiderman
Side-Kick

I've been so angry the past 2 days, I can't believe they would hype it up for 3 years just to do this. I just can't get over it. and the only way I ever will is if the new movie rocks, which doesn't seem to look good if sony is in charge.

....that and spider-man 3.1.......I feel like if sam doesn't get the chance to do one last movie, his version of 3 needs to be seen.

sumspiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:55 AM   #28
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumspiderman View Post

....that and spider-man 3.1.......I feel like if sam doesn't get the chance to do one last movie, his version of 3 needs to be seen.
Aloha,
I'd also like to see Spider-Man 3 The Director's cut. But I don't think that's going to happen. Raimi/Maguire must be recognized as the guys who SET THE STANDARD for Super Hero movies.They have a lot to be proud of.At the same time-That was then and this is now.Now, Disney owns Marvel.A reboot with a High school Peter Parker, is much more of what they are looking for market wise.Can anyone say WEB SHOOTERS.Invented by a teen age genius on a limited income.Could be the Biggest toy of the Year!
Spidey rules

Donald Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #29
vegeta21
Side-Kick

Yeah I feel pretty sick. I've had stomach pains and a stuffed up head all week. Hope its not H1N1.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:17 PM   #30
craigaat
World's Greatest Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 블라스 View Post
Not cool.
You can't call people "braindead fanboys" because they expected a movie that was at least as good as Spider-Man 2, and got that horrible mess instead.
Or hell, maybe you can, just like I can call people who like SM3 a bunch of "settle-for-anything fanboys".
Spot on mate.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:56 PM   #31
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead731 View Post
I mean, they really got alot of us fans hyped up for the last two years for Spider-Man 4. Last week it's in hold. Last week Tobey says they're just making it better. Yesterday, they tell us Vulture is John Malkovich. Today they say "Nevermind, just kidding". What. The. Hell?! Seriously. Are they serious? It's like a sick joke. There wasn't even a warning of this. I loved where this franchise was going. They've done so well in my opinion, and many others'. Now it's just done? We didn't even see everything! No Lizard, no Vulture.
Tobey, JK Simmons, Rosemary Harris, Cliff Robertson...GONE! It's too early for this. You don't restart a successful franchise. You restart failed ones that no one likes anymore.

This is like being a kid waking up for Christmas...to find nothing.

Really, I want...All I want is them to do Spider-Man 4. Please. That is all.
Glad to know I'm not alone. Many fans are jumping for joy but I say stop the madness. You don't need to reboot every damn thing. If the filmmakers who know what they're doing could just be left to their devices we won't have to scrap what has worked. But hey-Venom fanatics didn't get what they wanted in the 3rd film, so let's just throw the baby out with the bathwater, right?

Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #32
webhead731
I'm a photographer

I think what hurts me the most is this...

Every year since 2000 I've been SUPER excited for every Spidey film coming out. Trailers, pictures, posters, figures, etc etc. Spider-Man 3's hype was the best for me, because I was staying up all night for trailers etc.
Literally, every year it's been like that. Just excitement. After Spider-Man 3, I knew there wasn't going to be a fourth one right away because it wrapped it up. I was still excited however, and watched all three like crazy. In 2008 it was pretty much "Yeah we're doing it" and it's been building up again these past years, and here this week it's gone. All of it. No warning, nothing.

That's what sucks the most. I was just so used to looking foward to these Raimi films, now I can't.

webhead731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:16 PM   #33
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

I'll tell ya what though. I can't believe they're rebooting the franchise after just 3 films. Part 3 had alot of flaws and alot of people were split on it,but in no way was it horrible enough a movie for Sony to wanna start all over again. And even if the script for part 4 was turning out badly(Vultress?),then why not rewrite it,or work at it a bit more?
All this seems kinda extreme. It's like,"Well,part 3 wasn't the greatest and we're having scritp problems for part 4,so...let's recast everyone and just start over again!"

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007

Never Forget 9/11/01
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:39 PM   #34
Dr.Dude
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think what hurts me the most is this...

Every year since 2000 I've been SUPER excited for every Spidey film coming out. Trailers, pictures, posters, figures, etc etc. Spider-Man 3's hype was the best for me, because I was staying up all night for trailers etc.
Literally, every year it's been like that. Just excitement. After Spider-Man 3, I knew there wasn't going to be a fourth one right away because it wrapped it up. I was still excited however, and watched all three like crazy. In 2008 it was pretty much "Yeah we're doing it" and it's been building up again these past years, and here this week it's gone. All of it. No warning, nothing.

That's what sucks the most. I was just so used to looking foward to these Raimi films, now I can't.
Oh, man, I agree with that completely. As much as I look forward to any comic book movie coming out, nothing ever got me as excited as when a new Spider-Man movie was coming; favoritism, admittedly but what can I say? Just a month ago, over the course of a week or so, I watched all three again for the first time in maybe two years and it brought back all the excitement I'd gotten from those movies in theaters--the kid inside jumping for joy, yadda yadda yadda.

It's really saddening to realize that story is actually over now.

Dr.Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:56 AM   #35
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
I'll tell ya what though. I can't believe they're rebooting the franchise after just 3 films. Part 3 had alot of flaws and alot of people were split on it,but in no way was it horrible enough a movie for Sony to wanna start all over again. And even if the script for part 4 was turning out badly(Vultress?),then why not rewrite it,or work at it a bit more?
All this seems kinda extreme. It's like,"Well,part 3 wasn't the greatest and we're having scritp problems for part 4,so...let's recast everyone and just start over again!"
I don't think the mixed reception of Spider-Man 3 is it.

It's the deadline for the movie, the rushing of finishing a script, etc. They should go "okay let's fix it" not "......I'm stuck. Reboot!"
"We only tried for 10 minutes!"
"We suck."

End.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:02 AM   #36
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

I said this in another thread, but I feel like they're gonna stop making sequels to anything anymore. Just make on movie, & then reboot!

Old 01-14-2010, 11:00 AM   #37
El Payaso
Banned User

Given the fact that rarely third parets are good and fourth ones are always awful, it doesn't sound too bad.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #38
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Given the fact that rarely third parets are good and fourth ones are always awful, it doesn't sound too bad.
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=333178

Old 01-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #39
Timstuff
Banned User

Spider-Man 3's problems were Sony's fault. The movie was going to be about Sandman and Vulture, but at the last minute Sony forced Raimi to include Venom. Now Sony has full control over the franchise and are going to get some yes-man like Brett Ratner or McG to direct the reboot, so who knows what kind of dumb crap they're going to do.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #40
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
Spider-Man 3's problems were Sony's fault. The movie was going to be about Sandman and Vulture, but at the last minute Sony forced Raimi to include Venom. Now Sony has full control over the franchise and are going to get some yes-man like Brett Ratner or McG to direct the reboot, so who knows what kind of dumb crap they're going to do.
So far we don't know who's directing. So far we do know SM3 sucked. And Venom doesn't sound bad for a third part, but Emo Parker dancing does, now assure me that that was Sony's fault.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #41
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

well if the symbiote hadn't been forced on Raimi...

VenomVsSpidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #42
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:
So far we don't know who's directing. So far we do know SM3 sucked. And Venom doesn't sound bad for a third part, but Emo Parker dancing does, now assure me that that was Sony's fault.
Yeah, because he was SO emo. Emos dance all the time.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #43
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

I have to be honest, this has affected me. There was absoloutely no reason to reboot this franchise.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #44
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

I have to be honest, this has affected me. There was absoloutely no reason to reboot this franchise.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:59 AM   #45
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Sickened by it? Sickened? Sweet beard-wearing Christ! Let's tone down the drama, eh? Let's get a lil perspective about this and be happy that we've had one good film, one great film, and one that made my balls shrivel... and now we're going to get new ones with a new tone and vision.

It's happy days as far as I'm concerned. Come on, Spideyhero, see the bright side. Raimi and Maguire have had their turn and now it's time for someone else to enjoy the awesomeness... this time with less dancing.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #46
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

A kid saying they'll fight people if they bash Raimi.

Another kid calling out "braindead fans".

Priceless.

Ahhh...you guys should be in school.

Go on. Go.

LightningFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #47
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomvsspidey View Post
Sandman's change was Raimi's fault, not Sony.

Harry's get-up snowboard gear was Raimi's fault, not Sony.

Yes, the symbiote was Sony's fault, and Venom was Sony's fault, BUT Sam Raimi is the one who partially wrote the damn thing with a half-assed approach.

Quote:
Who else has hair like that?

Oh, no, Peter was so much a prep, it wasn't even funny.

And the Jazz scene was okay, it made sense. It being a place to dance.

And I understand that Raimi wanted the symbiote to make Peter somewhat cocky.

But besides guidos, have you ever seen a cocky man dance in the streets?

And how does EMO(yes, it is EMO hair, look it up. Now, the only reason I'd suspect you to be defending this is maybe you have hair like that) make someone cocky? Why would the symbiote think "This hair will make Peter badass in so many levels".

And another

LightningFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #48
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

peter is a serious dork. for a dork, who ALWAYS sees hope for tomorrow to give into a dark side, means that his darkness within....isn't very dark.

so, add a to you

VenomVsSpidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #49
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomvsspidey View Post
I think Raimi's awful sense of humour needed no forcing. Yes, this time we can blame Sony forcing the symbiote. This time.

Quote:
Peter Parker does? Specially under the symbiote influence?

Old 01-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #50
webhead731
I'm a photographer

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningFlash View Post
Sandman's change was Raimi's fault, not Sony.
I think Sandman was changed for the better. Comic Sandman isn't much of a character, just good visually.

Quote:
Harry's get-up snowboard gear was Raimi's fault, not Sony.
Listen to commentaries/read the Making of Book and you'll understand why. Harry was trying to kill Peter, not make a name for himself.

Though, I wish the mask could have been a bit more Goblin like.

Quote:
Yes, the symbiote was Sony's fault, and Venom was Sony's fault, BUT Sam Raimi is the one who partially wrote the damn thing with a half-assed approach.
As far as I know, Sam didn't write Venom, Alvin Sergeant did. I thought he was handled almost just like the comic books. Venom just needed more development and screentime.

Quote:
Who else has hair like that?
John Connor in Terminator 2, Peter Patrelli in Heroes season 1.

Ohhh they have swished hair...EMO!

Quote:
Oh, no, Peter was so much a prep, it wasn't even funny.
Peter was just a jerk. He reminded me of an old school (like in the 50's-70's era) jerk. "I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye", "find us some shade. Thanks hotlegs" "Keep the door open pops".

No emo or prep talks like that.

Quote:
And the Jazz scene was okay, it made sense. It being a place to dance.
Agreed. The montage was hilarious, but wasn't needed. If they were going to use it (the dancing anyway) they could have had more of Peter being evil. They had quite a bit but not as much as I'd have liked.

Quote:
But besides guidos, have you ever seen a cocky man dance in the streets?
Well...it is a movie. Have you ever seen a man swing on webs that shoot out of his wrists then land on a wall and stick to it?

Quote:
And how does EMO(yes, it is EMO hair, look it up. Now, the only reason I'd suspect you to be defending this is maybe you have hair like that) make someone cocky? Why would the symbiote think "This hair will make Peter badass in so many levels".
Emo is partially looks but mainly the attitude. Emo hair also typically covers the eyes or one side of the face. They do everything opposite of being cocky, especially dancing. They don't want to be noticed. Peter was jazzy, dark, and way cocky. I assume Peter did the hair thing to make it look more messy, as a sign of rebellion maybe. Some scenes it was hardly actually parted to a side, it was just down. Should they have done the parted hair thing? No. Why? Because fans will cry "EMO" because they have no idea what an emo is.

And yes, I TOTALLY have hair like that.

No, I have alot of hair, but it's out of my face. If anything, I had a bloated Eric Forman hair. It's grown out, someone told me Jim Morrison. And I'd agree.

Quote:
Peter Parker does? Specially under the symbiote influence?
Doesn't make him an "emo" though.