The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 05-09-2013, 11:53 PM   #451
flickchick85
Loose Seal

Default Re: The CW's Nikita

Honestly, whether it's 6 or 10, it's more than I expected (I had resigned myself to this season being the end), and now they have an opportunity to wrap it up on their terms, so that makes me very happy.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:23 AM   #452
Dude of Steel
Side-Kick

This show lasted as long as it could considering the ratings it got. At least they're giving fans some closure. Although 6 episodes does feel kind of weird. This isn't cable. When exactly would these episodes air? 12 episodes and half-a-season makes more sense.

Dude of Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #453
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Considering it was on Fridays, its ratings are pretty good.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #454
Dude of Steel
Side-Kick

The ratings were never good, even when the show was on Thursday. The only reason CW continues to renew it is because it does well overseas where the Nikita franchise is more popular.

Dude of Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #455
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Amanda went full Palpatine this week, her plan was as devious and psychologically twisted as you'd expect, Melinda Clarke is ice cold and I thought Maggie Q was brilliant as the completely broken Nikita.

I can't wait to see how Nikki gets out of killing the President, I wondered if her sudden choice to marry Michael was her trying to get a message to him or if she just wanted them to be married before she goes into exile.

I did like how they cemented that Birkhoff and Sonya have a future together and what Alex will do once Amanda and The Shop are finally stopped.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #456
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Yeah lots of possibilities

a) Nikita kills the president
b) the President fakes her death
c) Someone else kills the president
d) Michael is saved and Nikita doesn't have to put up with Amanda's blackmail anymore
e) Nikita fails to kill the president and Michael faces the consequnces
f) something else

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 05-12-2013 at 12:07 AM.
MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #457
Arrowhead
Webhead

I honestly have no idea what's going to happen. My heart will be racing.

1. The Spectacular Spider-Man (TV) 2. Arrow (TV) 3. Batman: TAS (TV) 4. The Dark Knight 5. Batman Begins 6. The Wolverine 7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8. The Avengers 9. Spider-Man 2 10. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #458
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

1:The order will only be 6 episodes
2:This Is defently final season
3:The air date hasn't been announced

Nikita Is being treated like an afterthought.They confirmed there will be a cliffhanger friday
so they are going to make us wait who knows how long for resolution.

I am so pissed they gave more orders for final seasons of Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill!

Old 05-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #459
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

Better than being left hanging like so many other series do.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #460
Mikelus
Islander

Very interesting interview with Executive Producer Craig Silverstein:

Quote:
IGN TV: We’ve got a lot to talk about her with the finale and the final season announcement. So let me get to it with the fact that Nikita’s now on the run. As Maggie Q told me, it’s kind of a return to classic Nikita with her out there on her own. She wants to protect the people she loves, but what do you think made her decide to just needed to split off from them at this point?

Craig Silverstein: I think protecting them is a big part of it, knowing that she’s gone from anonymous to notorious in the blink of an eye, sort of. The other part -- which might be below the surface -- is that at heart, she’s always been a lone wolf. She cares about people, but I think there’s a natural pull for her toward that.

IGN: The big thing, of course, you also did in the finale was getting rid of Division, physically. They literally cannot go back anymore. How did you decide it was time to finally get rid of that and get rid of those sets?

Silverstein: [Laughs] Yeah. It was fun to see them blow up, wasn’t it?

IGN: It was very fun! Did it just seem like the right time to cut that cord?

Silverstein: Yeah, absolutely. It goes along with the same kind of thinking that led to the Death of Percy; that for any given storyline, we don’t want to wear out our welcome. And after so many people knew about the location of Division… the SEALs, the president, Team Nikita and Amanda… The biggest power of that place came from the fact that nobody knew where it was. So once that location started to get out, it was only a matter of time before the actual structure itself became obsolete.

IGN: Let’s talk about the President, because you had kind of a fun double switch there. First, the President choosing to kill herself when Nikita wouldn’t go through with it, but then the actual President still being alive. You could have just done the one and it would have been pretty shocking. How did you then decide to actually have that second layer on it?

Silverstein: That’s been coming for a long time, and it’s part of the framework of Season 4. You’ll also notice there are a couple characters we look back to that weren’t exactly what they seemed to be in the last few episodes. So that’s sort of setting up part of a grand plan by the group.

IGN: This season, you had some fun with “spy-fi” and introduced some elements that were a little more fantastical, as far as Michael’s hand and the ability for someone to be perfectly mimicked. Is that always a delicate line, to decide how far you can go with that stuff?

Silverstein: Yeah, all of those elements of spy-fi, everything you see is grounded in some kind of reality. Obviously the technology to grow back limbs and stuff like that exists. There’s an army department of regenerative medicine. They’ve been able to grow back fingertips, though not a whole hand. For the concept, there’s always an underlying basis of either something that’s real or something that is in development stages, which is what The Shop is all about -- the idea that the future is already here, it’s just unevenly distributed. But sometimes we don’t have the budget to pull them off in the way that the real world does it. So it’s trying to find that line between what really exists and what we can actually sell as realistic. But we like the science fiction stuff, the spy-fi, and we’d always be happy to push it that way, but we’re always, always seeking to ground a high concept.

IGN: Season 2 obviously left some important threads to deal with, but if it had been the end, it mostly could have worked as a series finale. The Season 3 finale was much more of a true cliffhanger. I have to ask, since you weren’t officially renewed at the time you made this finale, were you kind of rolling the dice?

Silverstein: No, I had a strong feeling that we were going to be coming back. I didn’t know for how many [episodes], but I did have a very strong feeling that we were going to be coming back, stronger than I had from Season 1 to 2 or 2 to 3. So that’s why we left it that way.

IGN: So let’s talk about Season 4 being six episodes. What were your discussions with the network like about that, and how are you feeling about the six episodes?

Silverstein: Six episodes, what I would say about that is that what we are going to plan is akin almost to the feeling of special event. It’s the way that the storylines would come together near the end of the season… Where weeks might pass between episodes in the early part of a season, when we we’re doing more standalone [stories], and then as things get tighter near the end, days are passing; or two episodes will take place over the course of one day. So it’s almost like the end run of a season; that’s what this is going to feel like, which is exciting because we get right to the good stuff right away. The way that Season 3 slingshots you onto that stage, where Nikita is the most wanted woman in the world and is being hunted by the world, is the perfect place to accelerate to.

IGN: I had Nikita fans tweeting me about this and I’m sure you had likewise, but the concern becomes, will this be enough time? With the different plotlines and the different characters and wanting to give resolution to them all, will you have enough time to fit everything in?

Silverstein: Yes, we’ll be able to deal with the major stuff. There are probably one or two storylines that we could have told and we probably won’t now, but they don’t have anything to do with closure. No one’s part will be sacrificed because of the six.

IGN: I’d assume you’d probably just have to be more laser-focused in terms of choosing your guest stars and things like that?

Silverstein: Yeah. It’s going to be heavily serialized. It won’t be about the bad guy of the week.

IGN: Speaking of bad guys, this had been a great season for Amanda, who was always a formidable character, but without Percy she really did come into her own. Has it been exciting for you to develop her and see how she could stand on her own away from Division and Percy?

Silverstein: Definitely. And I can tell you that the plan was to kill Amanda at the end of Season 3. We set out to do that and we thought she was going to die. I think Melinda thought she was going to die; everybody. Only really late, as we were approaching the end and thinking about next season, as we always do -- many of our decisions at the back half of a season have to do with next season, which we begin thinking about then. So we figured that Amanda actually had a place in it and that without her we weren’t as clear at what it looked like in the fourth season. So our plans changed, and Amanda lives to fight another day.

IGN: I assume that almost feels like a nice bit of serendipity, because if she was dead it would be a lot more difficult in six episodes to say, “Here’s someone you should really care about as the new main villain,” as opposed to already knowing and being invested in a character like her.

Silverstein: Yes, absolutely.

IGN: That being said, though, are we going to get to know the people in The Shop a bit more as she works with them in the final season?

Silverstein: I think so, yeah. I think you’ll meet some people from there, and you’ll definitely understand what The Shop is, finally -- who those people are and what they want.

IGN: And I have to ask about poor Owen, who -- forgive me if I’m wrong about Season 1-- but I don’t think Owen has ever been in a season finale of Nikita.

Silverstein: [Laughs] It’s funny that you would mention that. It’s true! He’s always intended to be, we always think he will be, and then for one reason or another it doesn’t work out. I was shocked that we weren’t able to find a way to get him into the finale, but the rule with Owen has always been that we never want to see him if he’s just standing around. And there wasn’t a big enough move. We could have easily. He was still contracted for an episode, Devon [Sawa], so we had to pay him anyway. But unlike Amanda, when we hop to Amanda at the end of Season 2, [to show] she was still there… Really, with where Sam is right now, which is off with his money, our idea was to show him watching with the broadcast that painted Nikita as being assassin of the President. And it just seemed like… it seemed like would be more of a letdown if that’s all we see, then to wonder what’s going on with him and then catch up and find out what’s going on with him next season.

IGN: But suffice to say there is a specific plan for how his story will play out in the final year?

Silverstein: Yeah, absolutely. The other way we were thinking about it was to have him Han Solo back in and save the team, but I’m having too much fun with Sam. I think Sam is a great character. Even though there’s a bit of hope in him and certainly he remembers all of the times with Owen and is still grappling with what that means, there’s still a lot of fun to be had with the wild card.

IGN: Then Alex, it was an interesting year for her because it really showed that it was not easy for her to get over all the things that have happened to her, nor should it be. Are you looking forward to seeing how it’s going to work for her next season with her new sort of cover role that’s not a cover role, and how that’s going to be a part of her life?

Silverstein: Right, it’s a bit Bruce Wayne. Yeah, we’re excited for that. It’s almost like embedding a spinoff-type of idea within the final six and marrying it with the larger arc that happens.

IGN: By you even just using that word as a term, of course, you know that some people are going to say, “Spinoff idea!? Is there a possibility of that?!”

Silverstein: [Laughs] I mean, if they are bringing Nikita to an end, you know, it’s because of the ratings. I think shows get spinoffs because they want more ratings. I don’t think that a spinoff is in the cards, no.

IGN: Circling back to the six episodes, fans are so happy to have the show back, but at the same time they’re frustrated that it’s only six. Understanding that people are passionate about this show, how do you look at it from a fan’s perspective, that there will only be six for the final season? I assume that you wanted more yourself, but that just wasn’t in the cards?

Silverstein: Right. Look, I think that the most exciting thing as a fan -- and there’s no bigger fan of the show than me -- is the idea that it’s actually not going to just go off the air. It’s going to build to a finish, and it will be a complete set at the end. That’s exciting. I’ve never been a part of a show that’s gotten to do that. I’ve been on shows that have been cancelled or I left and the show kept going, or it stopped before it got a true ending. So I think that that’s the satisfying thing. It’d be less satisfying if we didn’t come back at all.

IGN: But now you know that there will be 73 episodes of Nikita - that that is the story you’re telling.

SIlverstein: And you can pull them out of the drawer whenever you want!

IGN: Lastly, let me ask about Mikita. Clearly, these two have had some dramatic highs and lows. What would you say regarding the chances for a happy ending for the two of them?

Silverstein: Well, I won’t talk about their ending, but what Maggie said about the show returning to classic Nikita… As you see by the last few moments of the Season 3 finale, Nikita goes on the run and Michael moves out of frame to chase her, which is the dynamic we all recall so fondly from Season 1.

IGN: So there’ll be some heavy return to the past there with the two of them then?

Silverstein: Yeah, I think so. Because nobody’s better at tracking her then he is.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/1...e-final-season

Mikelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #461
Mikelus
Islander

And another one with Maggie Q:

Quote:
IGN TV: Obviously this is bittersweet, because this will be the end.

Maggie Q: Yeah, this’ll be the last year.

IGN: What are you thinking about going into these final episodes?

Maggie Q: Actually, creatively, I’m really excited. Because in a final season, banging out six episodes… You know how big our episodes are. We’re going to make these even bigger, because there’s only six. So we want to go out movie-style, you know what I mean? Do six movies. You know where we ended it. This season, Season 4, it has to be fast-paced, right? She’s out there.

IGN: She’s out there, and you don’t have Division or any of the old trappings. Is that exciting for you?

Maggie Q: Yeah! She’s on the run again, she’s rogue again. But this time they know what she looks like. She’s being hunted. She’s not anonymous anymore. This is a total game changer like there’s never been. We don’t know how she’s getting out of this, so this is Nikita on the run. Like Run Lola Run… it’s gotta be intense. So six episodes -- if we did 13 it’d be harder. If we did a full season it’d be impossible to end with that bang. But my dream was four seasons, Eric. I wanted four. I didn’t want more than four. Six [episodes] hurt my heart a little, just because I’m going to miss my crew so much. I’m going to have to say goodbye to them in four months, which I didn’t expect to be so quick. But that’s it. Creatively, I’m totally fulfilled. But personally, my heart’s broken because I love my crew so much, and I don’t know when I’ll see them again.

IGN: Your show is known for so many twists and turns and things changing. With six episodes, do you think it’ll be pretty much week-to-week, that type of thing?

Maggie Q: I mean, people are literally going to lose their minds. You know how good Craig [Silverstein] is. He’s really on it. He’s got new shows; he’s a very busy guy now. He’s doing really well. So to have six means we can still have Craig involved, because he’s got a lot [on his plate]. I know now that he’s going to be really focused on banging these out and making them the greatest episodes we’ve ever made. So that’s exciting.

IGN: Obviously, you’ve got these two central relationships with Alex and with Michael. Right now you’re off away from both of them.

Maggie Q: I’m off of everybody!

IGN: [Laughs] So with six episodes, do you think Nikita might be split off from them for a good chunk of that?

Maggie Q: Oh, I think she’ll be gone the whole time, most of the time, I think. The thing is, there’s no real solution to this. Now that they know who she is -- well, kind of.

IGN: They’re close.

Maggie Q: They’re going to get there in two seconds. So Amanda did exactly what she promised to do - that she was going to put Nikita in a position where she will never be rewarded with that love. She wanted to take her life away and she did it.

IGN: Speaking of Amanda, are you looking forward to that final showdown, because, man, Amanda really got built up this season as the prime villain.

Maggie Q: I really am. I mean, I have to kill her in such a major way! I have to hang her by her toenails or something. It’s gotta be really intense, what happens between Nikita and Amanda, because Amanda will not win. But in a way, she’s already won. So that’s what’s sad about it. Because Nikita having a life with anyone she’s loved before puts them in danger, and you know she’s not going to do that.

IGN: Nikita and Michael, obviously, the fans are so invested in them. Suffice to say, it will take more struggles to get them back together?

Maggie Q: Absolutely. To clear someone’s name, after the way that they… As deep as they went to frame her for this, that is going to be really difficult. So we’ll see.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/1...ming-to-an-end
The finale was insane! The final six episodes should be like a movie, can't wait!

Old 05-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #462
KenK
Side-Kick

That finale was awesome from beginning to end! When the rest of the dirty 30 stormed division, that was just a great seen. Seeing Berkhoff evolve into a fighter has been one of my favorite parts of the series. On the USA series, Berkhoff stayed a geek right until they killed him off, and them bringing in his twin brother NEVER made up for it.

But dammit if it wasn't sad to see Nikita leave the group like that.

KenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #463
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I had a couple of gripes, if they pulled a Gi Joe 2 with the President then surely an autopsy will reveal it? Plus she shot herself in the head, the investigation would reveal this and exonerate Nikita, I mean can you imagine how many powerful people would be involved and how extensive the investigation into what happened in the Oval Office would be? No way could you cover those two things up IMO

Also Nikita went to the trouble to get on a list to get in but then that wasn't really used as she instead was arrested as an operative not her cover, and it took the plant inside to get her through.

The actual pace, drama and action of the finale was great though, it swerved me on more than one occasion as they raced against time and Amanda telling Nikita she'd be on the list with the other infamous President killers was chilling, pretty much her ultimate victory, framing Nikita for killing the most famous target in the world.

The shootout at division was very cool, Nikita coming in to save them and wiping out the remainder of the dirty thirty was neat but Birkhoff going Arnie and dropping "How you like me now?" was the highlight of the sequence.

I'm not keen on Nikita leaving the group, I get the idea behind her reasoning of protecting them, but the whole time she has set out to prove Amanda wrong about not needing loved ones.

On a side note, Sonya should wear her hair down more often.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #464
Obsidian Idea
The light is blinding

Cool Re: The CW's Nikita

The season finale was good...hope the show gets renewed.

And I agree, Sonya...hair down..nice!

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27 (New King James Version)
Obsidian Idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #465
Mikelus
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I had a couple of gripes, if they pulled a Gi Joe 2 with the President then surely an autopsy will reveal it? Plus she shot herself in the head, the investigation would reveal this and exonerate Nikita, I mean can you imagine how many powerful people would be involved and how extensive the investigation into what happened in the Oval Office would be? No way could you cover those two things up IMO
I agree it was over the top, but Maggie Q and the main cast did a terrific job. The actions scenes were, as usual, top-notch and Division's destruction was very well executed. Thank goodness Nikita does well internationally, it saved the show and got them the chance to end it properly.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #466
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelus View Post
I agree it was over the top, but Maggie Q and the main cast did a terrific job. The actions scenes were, as usual, top-notch and Division's destruction was very well executed. Thank goodness Nikita does well internationally, it saved the show and got them the chance to end it properly.
Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I love the show and all the cast delivered in the finale, I just hope they have a couple of ideas in place for season 4 that sew up some of the holes in Amanda's frame job on Nikita for "The Presidents" assassination.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #467
vantheman77
Side-Kick

When going into the 4th season, I wonder if the focus will be on Michael, Alex, Birkhoff, Ryan, and Sonia while Nikita gets shown through flashbacks.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #468
Mikelus
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I love the show and all the cast delivered in the finale, I just hope they have a couple of ideas in place for season 4 that sew up some of the holes in Amanda's frame job on Nikita for "The Presidents" assassination.
I don't know about that, the holes are just too deep lol... but we could say the same thing about some movies loved by many fans. Is not realistic of course, but as long as the rest is good...

Old 05-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #469
flickchick85
Loose Seal

I agree with the reservations over this assassination plot line. It feels a little sloppier than I've come to expect from the writers on this show. Still, I'm very much looking forward to seeing how they the series up. Since they have the rare luxury of knowing it's the final season from the get-go, I'm confident they'll make the most of those six episodes and go out with a bang.

I forgot to mention earlier too that I love that The Shop came back toward the end of the season (and tied into everything else that had been going on). After Percy died, I was beginning to wonder if we'd ever hear from that group again. Glad it wasn't an abandoned thread.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #470
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Incredible finale. It was intense from start to finish. I'm really going to miss show. It was one of the better action/drama's on TV. I'm not gonna lie, I got a bit misty eyed towards the end. Seeing Division get blown up was amazing and bittersweet at the same time.

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #471
Arrowhead
Webhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad View Post
Incredible finale. It was intense from start to finish. I'm really going to miss show. It was one of the better action/drama's on TV. I'm not gonna lie, I got a bit misty eyed towards the end. Seeing Division get blown up was amazing and bittersweet at the same time.
Completely agree

1. The Spectacular Spider-Man (TV) 2. Arrow (TV) 3. Batman: TAS (TV) 4. The Dark Knight 5. Batman Begins 6. The Wolverine 7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8. The Avengers 9. Spider-Man 2 10. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:59 AM   #472
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Just got done rewatching the first season and it was nice going down memory lane. So much has happened in these 3 seasons that you would think that it has been around longer than it actually has.

My only little quips about S1 is that they totally skipped over Alex finding about Michael converting over to Nikitas side and her whole reaction towards it. Division also seemed kind of short on long term assassins. We only had Michael and Roan. Only other long terms we were really introduced to were cleaners/guardians but other than that Division only had their swat teams to throw at Nikita. And I wish they would had just done a time jump in the pilot since Alex/Jayden only were in training for like 4-5months before becoming full blown agents where as Thom was around a year and just now getting activated.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #473
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Old 09-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #474
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Aww...im going to miss them together on my tv screen. CW so wrong for cancelling the show.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #475
Jordacar
The Endless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Aww...im going to miss them together on my tv screen. CW so wrong for cancelling the show.
Canceling???? It's coming back for another season 4, isn't it?? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1592154/episodes?season=4

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Jordacar is offline   Reply With Quote