The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 02-11-2010, 03:44 AM   #26
Micah12345
Side-Kick

Default Re: Chloe Sullivan

I always thought chloe was hotter than lana, and I always wished clark would nail her. Just once! But I dont think chloe is an interesting character, and I dont wanna see her outside of smallville.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:55 AM   #27
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
Looking back on it, they kind of made Chloe into what Lana should have been and then made Lana into an unlikable character.

Yeah, the way i saw it was using chloe to fill the role Lana played in the comic and combine a little Lois Lane in there for the reporter aspect of the character. Really unnecessary if they'd done lana as she is in the comics.

They preferred doing the lana that clark pines for so they used chloe as the best friend.

You'll notice that as soon as Lois came on board and has a more important role, they've had to come up with increasing odd things for her to do, including setting her up as Oracle/Watchtower (actually Barbara Gordon) for the Smallville version of the DCU.

She will most likely die at some point. Don't get me wrong she works on smallville but she wouldn't fit well into the film version. If anything i want to see a solid lana (red hair and all) in a sequel, and establish that her and clark were best friends as kids.

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:17 AM   #28
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Fisher View Post
Yeah. Smallville caters to shippers primarily in it's regular 2-3 mil audience.

Much like most shows on CW, save for Supernatural.

The new SUPERMAN movie should be a massive action-driven film that will appeal to the box office masses instead.

The inspiration for this thing should be Dark Knight and (most likely) Ironman 2 (which will be huge no doubt).

Man of Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #29
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

I looove Allison Ma. . . . Never mind.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:20 AM   #30
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah12345 View Post
I always thought chloe was hotter than lana, and I always wished clark would nail her. Just once! But I dont think chloe is an interesting character, and I dont wanna see her outside of smallville.

I hate SV's Lana with a passion, but it's beyond undeniable that Kristin Kreuk is EASILY the best looking castmember they ever had on that show.

I'm betting that's why the show's producers sucked up to her so badly. Chloe has always been a third wheel to Lana, and an annoying one at that.

Check out Kreuk on Chuck when she's not playing a character as horrible as SV's Lana.

Man of Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #31
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I'm going to be honest, I love every character and aspect of Smallville, I like the fact it doesn't follow the comics and I could care less if it does. Chloe has grown into a useful character IMO, and Lana was great as well.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #32
SuperDaniel
Banned User

LOL. Lana was great? WTF?!?!?!

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #33
kalelkilla
Side-Kick

I think Chloe is gonna die in the end of Smallville, perhaps inspiring Clark to take is mantle as Superman.

kalelkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:31 PM   #34
kalelkilla
Side-Kick

I think Chloe is gonna die in the end of Smallville, perhaps inspiring Clark to take his mantle as Superman.

kalelkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #35
SatEL
Banned User

Started reading the OP initial post and midway through, I noticed I was crushing my computer mouse due to the amount of rage swelling up inside me at the thought of Chloe from Smallville having any part in future Superman mythos.

SatEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #36
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Tomorrow View Post
I hate SV's Lana with a passion, but it's beyond undeniable that Kristin Kreuk is EASILY the best looking castmember they ever had on that show.

I'm betting that's why the show's producers sucked up to her so badly. Chloe has always been a third wheel to Lana, and an annoying one at that.

Check out Kreuk on Chuck when she's not playing a character as horrible as SV's Lana.
I really like Kristen Kreuk (although that doesn't extend to that Street Fighter movie she did), and I'm really liking her character Hannah on Chuck. Kreuk is beautiful and quite underrated as an actress due to her good looks imo.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #37
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Kreuk is sexy, cute, and sweet all in one *drools*

Miss her on the show, she even made the pointless filler episodes watchable

Old 02-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #38
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I really like Kristen Kreuk (although that doesn't extend to that Street Fighter movie she did), and I'm really liking her character Hannah on Chuck. Kreuk is beautiful and quite underrated as an actress due to her good looks imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
Kreuk is sexy, cute, and sweet all in one *drools*

Miss her on the show, she even made the pointless filler episodes watchable

I think Kristen is an amazing actor.......Lana is one of my favorite characters on Smallville .

Old 02-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #39
Timstuff
Banned User

I always imagined that eventually, Chloe would end up being a government agent who investigates UFOs and other paranormal/metahuman weirdness, and I think that that would be be the best route to go if she was going to appear in the mainstream DC continuity or a movie. I really like Chloe and even though Smallville has jumped the shark, I'd like to think that Chloe could potentially be bigger than the show.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #40
cronosred
Side-Kick

I like Chloe and If they do an origin movie that shows young Clark it would be nice if they put in a little cameo, but that would be all I would want.

cronosred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #41
Dizagaox
Side-Kick

If Chloe's speculated death in Episode 20 is indeed how and why Clark becomes Superman, that idea could work in a reboot movie.

Have Chloe as Clark's best friend, who accepts him for what he is in a non-romantic way, only to be killed part-way through, adding a human layer to Clark's desire to save Metropolis as Superman. And like in 'Smallville', the death of Chloe could be how Clark and Lois are introduced to one-another - DP reporter Lois is investigating the death of her cousin, who was best friends with Clark.

They work together to solve who murdered Chloe, Lois finds Clark to be good at assisting her, Clark lands a job at Daily Planet.

Dizagaox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:37 PM   #42
Dizagaox
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
I thought they decided against using her in the comics.
They decided against it because they couldn't get it to work properly. She is meant to be Lois' cousin and Clark's best friend from childhood, not somebody that comes into the story when Clark is in his 30s/40s.

Geoff Johns has already said he wants to work Chloe actively into the Superman storyline, so I imagine the next time he's involved in retconning DCU, she'll be added in a major capacity (beyond her current capacity in DCU of being an off-screen character).

Quote:
I really dislike her character on smallville just for the fact that she almost gets more screen time then clark.
Despite being the lead actress, Allison Mack's screentime this season to-date clocks only 117 minutes, which is less than half of Tom Welling's 237 minutes. So exaggerate much?

Old 02-13-2010, 08:43 PM   #43
KaptainKrypton
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizagaox View Post
Despite being the lead actress, Allison Mack's screentime this season to-date clocks only 117 minutes, which is less than half of Tom Welling's 237 minutes. So exaggerate much?
The fact that you know this really gives me the creeps.

Ross Webster - President & CEO of Webscoe Industries
KaptainKrypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:41 AM   #44
Dizagaox
Side-Kick

It's easy to find out, a log is kept on KryptonSite.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #45
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

She is actually going to become the evil henchwoman, and human female consort, of Gorilla Grodd.

Yes, her and Grodd are getting together and are going to go Bananas for each other.

She is gettin on some simian love!

SuperMike335!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:25 PM   #46
Dizagaox
Side-Kick

Unlikely, Darkseid is the next big bad.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #47
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Chloe should have died at the end of season 3, when the safe house exploded.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #48
dsfjr1190
Side-Kick

Superman movies and comics don't need Chloe Sullivan.

Hell, Smallville doesn't even need Chloe Sullivan.

Keep her away from the mythos!

dsfjr1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #49
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

it isnt likely she would be in any movies any time soon. Sure i do like the character, and it has been stated by allison dc comics does have the rights to the character and her likeless so if they did want to use the character more it could happen.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #50
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Why are none of you bald skinny excuses for primates taking my post seriously?

SuperMike335!! is offline   Reply With Quote