The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 02-16-2010, 03:13 PM   #76
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Default Re: Chloe Sullivan

Yes season 4 was crap but it had a few good episodes. You can't argue with this being a great scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vALtCw1yvm8

Last edited by Daybreak_st; 02-18-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:18 PM   #77
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

true pete and lana are his main friends from the mythos and all that, but it wouldnt hurt to say he had more friends, or was a big sports jock or something.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #78
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Tomorrow View Post
Season 4 was absolute garbage.
I liked the first few episodes with Lois and some others through out but basically I wouldn't rate it well either but , I still liked the first four seasons.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #79
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

I like every season.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:38 PM   #80
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea for me i like every season some have their ups and downs like for season 4 for me the whole witch subplot was stupid, then season 7 the whole vertias storyline, season 8 was the way doomsday storyline ended. But so far season 9 has been pretty solid.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #81
Lucid
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizagaox View Post
Why do you both think this?

I gave legitimate reasons why she is useful, the least you could do is give reasons why she isn't.
Haha, welcome to internet message boards, where ignorant morons think that, since they can type, they're experts on everything. I've been wasting time asking for substantive explanations of "opinions' for years. I can't count how many times I've actually wrote, "Did you even read my last post?" Enjoy dealing with 12-year-olds, both inside and out.

On topic, Man of Tomorrow is right. In the comics, Lana is Clark's confidant. Chloe is superfluous.

Lucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #82
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Chloe should just be one of Clark's friends along with Pete, if anything at all. Lana is his confident and high school sweetheart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I like every season.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #83
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea i said it before there isnt much harm if they just make her what she was in early seasons of smallville a close friend along with the mythos pete/lana lang if she appeared in other mediums down the road. IF they wanted to do more ok but the character doesnt have to be just defined as how smallville has taken the character in the later yrs.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #84
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Agreed

Old 02-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #85
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I liked the first few episodes with Lois and some others through out but basically I wouldn't rate it well either but , I still liked the first four seasons.
The first few episodes with Lois were painfully bad; the Krypto cheerleaders turning jocks into slaves? the krypto plastic surgery?

Lana's lame witch storyline taking center stage turned S4 to crap. It was just cringeworthy.

Even worse when they kept calling SV's Lana "the chosen one" Epic fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
Yes season 4 was crap but it had a few good episodes. You can't argue with this being a great scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vALtCw1yvm8

It isn't a great scene. It's an empty one. It's just a tease amounting to nothing. Lex isn't his true self, similar to S3's "Shattered" and "Asylum," so nothing here led to anything of consequence. It's just predictable and cliche filler.

Man of Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #86
Dizagaox
Side-Kick

Geoff Johns is now Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment. He is also one of Chloe's biggest fans. So...

Last edited by Dizagaox; 02-18-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Dizagaox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #87
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Well if he wants to get her added more into the comics or other mediums best of luck. There is a wide variety of stuff they could do with the character if they want.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #88
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Alison Mack...I dont wether to kiss her or slap her.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #89
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Quote:
The first few episodes with Lois were painfully bad; the Krypto cheerleaders turning jocks into slaves? the krypto plastic surgery?

Lana's lame witch storyline taking center stage turned S4 to crap. It was just cringeworthy.

Even worse when they kept calling SV's Lana "the chosen one" Epic fail.

It isn't a great scene. It's an empty one. It's just a tease amounting to nothing. Lex isn't his true self, similar to S3's "Shattered" and "Asylum," so nothing here led to anything of consequence. It's just predictable and cliche filler.

Dude you're just in denial, it's a great scene and you know it. Probably the best live action luthor ever, didn't need to lead to anything, just look at the scene as it is. Solid stuff. But obviously you've got got a biased opinion rather than an open minded one.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #90
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizagaox View Post
Geoff Johns is now Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment. He is also one of Chloe's biggest fans. So...
Sweet! Sounds good to me!

Old 02-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #91
Mr. Earle
Banned User

If i may have a say in this, Smallville is a piece of CRAP.
That said, Rosenbaum's Lex is very good. The dude even played Flash in the JL cartoon, and left SV because he couldnt stand the bullcrap that they were doing. If anything that speaks volumes about his interest in his role and comics in general.
I respect his Lex, but not what the show has done with him. And to be honest, Lex shouldnt even be acquainted with Clark as teenagers. He's Superman's villain, not Clark's.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #92
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
That said, Rosenbaum's Lex is very good. The dude even played Flash in the JL cartoon, and left SV because he couldnt stand the bullcrap that they were doing. If anything that speaks volumes about his interest in his role and comics in general.
I respect his Lex, but not what the show has done with him. And to be honest, Lex shouldnt even be acquainted with Clark as teenagers. He's Superman's villain, not Clark's.
Yes, people can have different opinions.

I like the fact Smallville doesn't follow the comics, following the mythos is never required IMO. Smallville is its own mythos.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #93
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Quote:

Yeah i agree with you on lex, best version in live action so far. Smallville is a mixed bag as some have said. I even quit watching during season 8 due to all the davis bloome crap. I do however think smallville has had its occassional moments of greatest. One such moment was posted above.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #94
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Yes, people can have different opinions.

I like the fact Smallville doesn't follow the comics, following the mythos is never required IMO. Smallville is its own mythos.
It doesnt matter that it doesnt follow the canon. Its crap regardless.
Quote:
Yeah i agree with you on lex, best version in live action so far. Smallville is a mixed bag as some have said. I even quit watching during season 8 due to all the davis bloome crap. I do however think smallville has had its occassional moments of greatest. One such moment was posted above.
Nice moment although i was confused about Lex locking himself up and whatever it is he was talking about.
And anyway, why is everyone in Smallville so obsessed with Clark's secret? I mean, shouldnt they be filled with hormones instead of wondering why Clark is always late or whatever?
Lana was especially irritating about this. She had no reason to suspect anything and yet "tell me your secret, your secret, i want to know, your secret is keeping us apart, SECRETSECRETSECRETSECRET".

When half the people in SV have powers, shouldnt they have figured it out? Whatever....

Old 02-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #95
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
It doesnt matter that it doesnt follow the canon. It matters that its pure crap.
In your opinion.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #96
That-Guy
Banned User

No.

I hate Smallville. It's a joke.

And I hate the name Chloe.

That-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #97
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
Dude you're just in denial, it's a great scene and you know it. Probably the best live action luthor ever, didn't need to lead to anything, just look at the scene as it is. Solid stuff. But obviously you've got got a biased opinion rather than an open minded one.

No lie, I was honestly rolling my eyes when I saw that scene.

I admit Rosenbaum is a talented actor, perhaps easily the best actor on that show, but given the context that it was just an empty tease, I really couldn't care less.

Especially since we already saw the psychotic/evil/unstable side of Lex in Season 3, also in an altered state. It just seemed like redux.

"Shattered" and "Memoria" are better Lex episodes, Rosenbaum really delivers in those.

It's a shame after everything they tried to built up with Lex, it ended with this pathetic final scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PbaZCWpqrs

Felt like a waste of seven years of buildup and a horrible exit for Rosenbaum. Oh well.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:32 PM   #98
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Quote:
It doesnt matter that it doesnt follow the canon. Its crap regardless.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with changing aspects from the mythos, taking liberties and whatnot as long as they are good changes.

I can honestly say most of the liberties that SV has taken have been 'meh' or really bad.

Ex:

- Lois going to highschool and growing up with Clark since S4, being an older sister figure to him for years in Smallville. No way the glasses and reporter disguise would work now.

- Failsday; Davis Bloome. Turning Doomsday into a human and his horrible arc with Chloe.

- the characterization of Lana for seven seasons; leading to her getting super stength, speed, invulnerability and kryptonite power in her final episode. Having her witch storyline tie with the Fortress crystals.

- The 'fake' Jimmy Olsen

- Chloe's overall central importance in everything in the SV universe. Bossing Clark around for years and now, the league.

- Making Lex into a jealous brother figure to Clark who was born into money; there was potential with this one but it was executed so poorly.

- Kara appearing when Clark is still in Smallville, Supergirl being the same age as Clark. That's why they had to write her off the series in such an abrupt manner. Turning Zor-El into a villian who was lusting after Lara was bizarre too.

- SV's Pete Ross.. another fail

- Meteor freaks.. and the 10 million different and contrived affects of Kryptonite exposure.

- Jor-El (being a bastard) and Clark (being Lana obsessed) being reponsible for Jonathan's life being taken

etc.... the list is too long

I hate this whole Red-Blue Blur/The Blur nonsense too. It's just so incredibly lame.

Anyway, none of this stuff will be in the Superman movie, so I suppose it's all moot.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #99
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Honestly, I don't have a problem with changing aspects from the mythos, taking liberties and whatnot as long as they are good changes.

I can honestly say most of the liberties that SV has taken have been 'meh' or really bad.

Ex:

- Lois going to highschool and growing up with Clark since S4, being an older sister figure to him for years in Smallville. No way the glasses and reporter disguise would work now.

- Failsday; Davis Bloome. Turning Doomsday into a human and his horrible arc with Chloe.

- the characterization of Lana for seven seasons; leading to her getting super stength, speed, invulnerability and kryptonite power in her final episode. Having her witch storyline tie with the Fortress crystals.

- The 'fake' Jimmy Olsen

- Chloe's overall central importance in everything in the SV universe. Bossing Clark around for years and now, the league.

- Making Lex into a jealous brother figure to Clark who was born into money; there was potential with this one but it was executed so poorly.

- Kara appearing when Clark is still in Smallville, Supergirl being the same age as Clark. That's why they had to write her off the series in such an abrupt manner. Turning Zor-El into a villian who was lusting after Lara was bizarre too.

- Meteor freaks.. and the 10 million different and contrived affects of Kryptonite exposure.

- Jor-El (being a bastard) and Clark (being Lana obsessed) being reponsible for Jonathan's life being taken

I hate this whole Red-Blue Blur/The Blur nonsense too. It's just so incredibly lame.

Anyway, none of this stuff will be in the Superman movie, so I suppose it's all moot.
Its not the changes or if the changes are for the better or worse. Its that everything is done in a bad way. The writing is just so bad!

Also, lol at "Faisday". More like Hulk, amirite?

Old 02-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #100
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Quote:

Ex:

- The 'fake' Jimmy Olsen

yeah i see your point and pretty much agree. I guess i just like specific episode, but your right i hate that last scene you posted, after all that build up...meh.