The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Which villains should be in superman 3.0?
Atlas 2 1.57%
Atomic Skull 2 1.57%
Bizarro 17 13.39%
Bloodsport 0 0%
Braniac 82 64.57%
Bruno Mannheim 7 5.51%
Composite Superman 2 1.57%
Conduit 2 1.57%
Darkseid 23 18.11%
Doomsday 20 15.75%
Eradicator 5 3.94%
Faora 0 0%
General Zod 17 13.39%
Gog 3 2.36%
Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman 3 2.36%
Imperiex 2 1.57%
Intergang 10 7.87%
Jax-Ur 1 0.79%
Kryptonite Man 3 2.36%
Lex Luthor 76 59.84%
Livewire 8 6.30%
Lobo 6 4.72%
Metallo 48 37.80%
Mongul 10 7.87%
Morgan Edge 4 3.15%
Mr. Mxyptlk 2 1.57%
Parasite 29 22.83%
Prankster 4 3.15%
Silver Banshee 3 2.36%
Solomon Grundy 5 3.94%
Superboy Prime 2 1.57%
Terra-Man 1 0.79%
Titano 2 1.57%
Toyman 7 5.51%
Ultra-Humanite 4 3.15%
Ultraman 3 2.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
Micah12345
Side-Kick

Default Which Superman villains would like to see in the first installment of Superman 3.0?

Superman has some great villains, let's see which the fans think should appear in a first movie.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Default Re: Which Superman villains would like to see in the first installment of Superman 3.

well i would like to see either brainiac as the main threat with lex luthor as a secondary threat behind all things going on in the city/maybe controlling the mobs. Or maybe go with metallo with lex as a secondary threat.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:45 AM   #3
FVD
Jolly Loves You

Default Re: Which Superman villains would like to see in the first installment of Superman 3.

While I didn't pick him I have a feeling that with the story that is if Nolan is having a hand in it, that he could do great things with Toyman.

FVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:49 AM   #4
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Toyman should be the creepy plastic faced guy from STAS if he ever appears.

No other version of Toyman has ever been so intimidating.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:51 AM   #5
Dark Knight
Banned User

Brainiac......Brainiac and more Brainiac and his creepy organic looking robots that Johns used in his Action Comics run.

Then an already established corporate Lex head of LexCorp.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:54 AM   #6
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
Toyman should be the creepy plastic faced guy from STAS if he ever appears.

No other version of Toyman has ever been so intimidating.

We gotta go back man....we gotta go back! LOL

Is the next picture on your avatar gonna be that guy looking like Locke? haha

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:58 AM   #7
Cousin Itt
Side-Kick

Heh Terra-Man is on the list. What was he again an alien Cowboy that attacked Superman with lasers?

Worst villain ever.

Anyway, I voted for Brainiac.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Bizarro at one point either.

- Unknown
Cousin Itt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:02 AM   #8
FVD
Jolly Loves You

I also picked Bruno Mannheim and Intergang in a secondary role though with them appearing in the film(s), it might bear some similarities to Carmine Falcone and his Mob in Gotham. But I'd like to see Intergang in there somewhere not to mention Dan Turpin and Maggie Sawyer trying to bring them down.

FVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:10 AM   #9
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Metallo or Brainiac.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:26 AM   #10
batman strikes
Side-Kick

Brainiac and Lex Luthor would be perfect for the first movie, maybe even Metallo if they could work him in the story like they did with Scarecrow in Batman Begins.

batman strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #11
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

If this is gonna be a trilogy, Luthor should be in all three. Build him up as a constant threat in each movie and end it with a full-on crazy Luthor in K-armoured suit vs Supes in the third movie.

I'd like to see Brainiac or Metallo as the main villain in the first movie. Hell, I'll take ANY villain Superman can have a good ol' dust up with.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Lone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:13 AM   #12
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea i wouldnt see why intergang and bruno couldnt be a side threat in movie, or be a story lois and clark are trying to break, then add in dan and maggie who i would love to see as supporting players this time around. But the major threat be brainiac and lex, or metallo and lex.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-11-2010, 02:54 AM   #13
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I just plain don't want to see Lex for more than 15 minutes in the next film because he has been played out. Granted it's a s**tty version of Lex but it's still Lex. It's really unfortunate that I am so tired of Lex now considering he is one of my favorite villains.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:28 AM   #14
Micah12345
Side-Kick

If they decide to make this an updated origin movie, I think braniac could work EXTREMELY well as the main villain, if they went TAS route.

Then they can build lex as a secondary character, growing business man who is becoming obsessed with superman.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:26 AM   #15
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

I would focus on Brainiac while Luthor is secondary, close to a cameo with a small introduction on kryptonite. On the next one the Supes-Luthor rivalry would be the focus of the story with Lex with a secondary super villian that could support him, such as Metallo. Kryptonite would be something Lex and Metallo would use to try to destroy Supes. Zod and the Phantom Zone criminals should be kept for the third. Fourth: Darkseid and fifth: Bizarro and Doomsday.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."

Last edited by Bad Superman; 02-11-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:31 AM   #16
SuperDaniel
Banned User

Brainiac and corporate/scientist Luthor.

PLEASE NO GODDAMN DONNER LUTHOR EVER AGAIN!

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:52 AM   #17
Kahoot

Brainiac and/or Metallo.

Brainiac should be the pupet master ready to step up to be the big bad in the second movie.

For Everything A Reason
Fallen Empires Are Ruling
F.E.A.R.
Kahoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:23 AM   #18
GreenKToo
In the fire

Brainiac with Lex-Corp Lex.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #19
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Nolan = Brainiac + Lexcorp Lex

I wouldn't be surprised if some lesser known human criminals and gangs are in the mix in much smaller roles. Guys like Brunno M, Morgan Edge, Bloodsport etc...

I can't imagine Nolan doing anyone outside Brainiac and Lex, it's right up his alley.

Man of Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #20
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Tomorrow View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if some lesser known human criminals and gangs are in the mix in much smaller roles. Guys like Brunno M, Morgan Edge, Bloodsport etc...

I can't imagine Nolan doing anyone outside Brainiac and Lex, it's right up his alley.
Totally agree. I hope we get small cameos from other characters, heroes or villians.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #21
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah12345 View Post
Superman has some great villains, let's see which the fans think should appear in a first movie.
Agreed, and thank you for saying it.

I think in many ways Superman's villains have a lot more potential than what is realized in the comics.

Too often they are just made too weak or dumb to be any real threat, but rather that is just bad writing.

Think of how easily it would be to make the Joker come off as stupid and weak.

The Joker is a great character because writers saw how he CAN work, and made him so.

The bottom line is he is a clown, but through good writing has become the most iconic comic book villain there is.

Superman does not need new Rogues, rather some just need to be re-envisioned to make them bigger and greater.

Even the ToyMan can be a big threat. If he is a Tony Stark level inventor but Evil with a Toy look theme to the weapons of mass desruction he makes.

All that needs to be done is some good creativity to MAKE them work, not writing them off as could not work.

SuperMike335!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #22
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Tomorrow View Post

I agree there man

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #23
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

I always like a bit of controversy.

Maybe have Brainiac possess President Milton Fine and starts changing the world as he sees fit. A real dead ringer to Bush.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #24
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Brainiac......Brainiac and more Brainiac and his creepy organic looking robots that Johns used in his Action Comics run.

Then an already established corporate Lex head of LexCorp.
Completely agree. I would go one step further and say lex's presence should be felt but he shouldnt be seen. End off the movie with brainiacs body being taken by luthor. This could lead the way for an amazing sequel where you get the reporter aspect of clark investigating luthor and trying to expose the truth. You can have luthor use brainiacs technology to create metallo or parasite.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #25
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Lex and Brainiac. I'd like them to have Metallo in there too. Maybe Superman doesn't fight Brainiac in the first movie, but we know he's there. They could use Metallo's body (which Lex could have created) and Brainiac's technology to create a body for Brainiac and have him fight Superman in the sequel. That is if they go with the Kryptonian AI Brainiac.

Dark_Lord is online now   Reply With Quote