The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Which villains should be in superman 3.0?
Atlas 2 1.57%
Atomic Skull 2 1.57%
Bizarro 17 13.39%
Bloodsport 0 0%
Braniac 82 64.57%
Bruno Mannheim 7 5.51%
Composite Superman 2 1.57%
Conduit 2 1.57%
Darkseid 23 18.11%
Doomsday 20 15.75%
Eradicator 5 3.94%
Faora 0 0%
General Zod 17 13.39%
Gog 3 2.36%
Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman 3 2.36%
Imperiex 2 1.57%
Intergang 10 7.87%
Jax-Ur 1 0.79%
Kryptonite Man 3 2.36%
Lex Luthor 76 59.84%
Livewire 8 6.30%
Lobo 6 4.72%
Metallo 48 37.80%
Mongul 10 7.87%
Morgan Edge 4 3.15%
Mr. Mxyptlk 2 1.57%
Parasite 29 22.83%
Prankster 4 3.15%
Silver Banshee 3 2.36%
Solomon Grundy 5 3.94%
Superboy Prime 2 1.57%
Terra-Man 1 0.79%
Titano 2 1.57%
Toyman 7 5.51%
Ultra-Humanite 4 3.15%
Ultraman 3 2.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #26
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Default Re: Which Superman villains would like to see in the first installment of Superman 3.

Personally i like the idea of a brainic probe finding clark as a teenager (like 16yrs old). His powers emerge (fully for the first time) and he defeats it (this would lead clark to want to know more about his heritage, who he really is, where he came from, the seeds are laid for him becoming superman). The body is discovered by lex who reverse engineers it which leads to the development of Lexcorp as the world's technology leader (over a ten year period of time).

Superman would face off against metallo and other advanced technologies in the first film. In the end the body of the brianiac probe clark destroyed as a teenager is reactivated and broadcasts its location into space. Final scene is brainiacs ship becoming active, heading for earth. Sets things up for an even more impressive sequel featuring brianiac.

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #27
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: Which Superman villains would like to see in the first installment of Superman 3.

I think Lex should definitely be involved in some capacity, I also think he should be the Lex from STAS. There are plenty of supervillains I want to see in a Superman movie.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #28
Kahoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
Personally i like the idea of a brainic probe finding clark as a teenager (like 16yrs old). His powers emerge (fully for the first time) and he defeats it (this would lead clark to want to know more about his heritage, who he really is, where he came from, the seeds are laid for him becoming superman). The body is discovered by lex who reverse engineers it which leads to the development of Lexcorp as the world's technology leader (over a ten year period of time).

Superman would face off against metallo and other advanced technologies in the first film. In the end the body of the brianiac probe clark destroyed as a teenager is reactivated and broadcasts its location into space. Final scene is brainiacs ship becoming active, heading for earth. Sets things up for an even more impressive sequel featuring brianiac.
Yeah that would make a good story for the 1st of a new franchise. I'd probably hate that ending but in a good way. Think of the years of waiting for WB to make the sequel knowing that the ship is coming.

For Everything A Reason
Fallen Empires Are Ruling
F.E.A.R.
Kahoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #29
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Just as the Spider-man reboot should stay away from GG as its first villain, this Superman reboot should stay away from Lex Luthor, as well. However, they can keep Lex in the background, and use other villains who can actually do battles against Supe. I think Brainiac makes for a good villain in the first film, and if they have sequels then bring in Darkseid, and eventually Doomsday.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #30
jak123
Side-Kick

Metallo and Morgan Edge.

jak123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #31
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

The only problem i see with having brainiac first is the idea of escalation. You go from one of his most formidable foes, a world conquering alien who can match him in strength and intellect in the first film. Or an alien like Darkseid, possibly the worse baddy their is. To a corporate businessman who's a mad scientist?

I guess it could work but i agree with having lex more as a supporting character in the first film then allow him to develop into supes chief nemisis.

I guess it depends on how they do it but in my mind the threats should escalate with the franchise, so the final villain he's fighting is someone like Darkseid.

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:16 PM   #32
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Is the next picture on your avatar gonna be that guy looking like Locke? haha
I would, but Aesop Rocks is already using a Locke version as his avatar.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:42 AM   #33
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

I know I've said this before, but a team of villains who wouldn't be able to carry the film by themselves, such as Silver Banshee, LIvewire, Parasite, and hell, an updated Terraman even, would certainly be cool. Have em all brought by Luthor to kill Superman. Althought, more Brainiac is the more sensible choice.

BATZARRO WWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #34
zeptron
Side-Kick

I don't think Luthor should appear in the first movie unless it's a cameo setting him up for a sequel. I know he's Superman's main villain, but he's been in four out of the five movies. It's time for other villains to get the spotlight.

zeptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #35
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

well i know alot dont want to see lex again in movies since we seen him to much in the donner/singer movies. But with lex being the corp/political take on the character would be enough to be a different type of character. I agree he shouldnt be the main threat or the main villain in first film. But he should have a role to play in the movie. Like folks have said have him have his hands in all the criminal activies in the city and have the city not know of it and think he is the man of the year, a caring businessman to superman shows up. Then show lex hatred for superman ruining his plans and his status in the city. So then we could either start out with a foe like metallo who could be the muscle and by end of the film superman finds out it was lex behind it but superman cant prove it so lex is scott free. Or you go with brainaic first. He teams up with lex for power control. Then if it was brainiac first and he is defeated you can say lex takes brainiac's tech and in sequel foe is metallo and he is based on some brainiac tech. or if its metallo first and then brainiac lex uses the brainiac tech, and metallo tech. So then creates an ultimate weapon against superman ie his battle suit. Which we could see used at a later point. Like for example if we see lex rise in power and gets a government position by the end of the series we see superman finally able to take him out of his power. Lex is mad and angery and as a last ditch effort to take out the man of steel he brings out his battle suit.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #36
Timstuff
Banned User

Lex Luthor should be in all 3 movies, but I think Metallo is the ideal primary foe to start off a new series with. Braniac should be saved for the second or third film similar to how Joker was in the new Batman films, after we've gotten Superman's establishment out of the way.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #37
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea for me i to would be happy with metallo/lex. Or brainiac and lex for first new series film like i stated above. Those two super villains would be a nice starting point to go with, with maybe also throwing in intergang as a subplot maybe for lois/clark to go after in story. Then leave the more heavy hitting alien threats like mongul/darkseid/doomsday for later sequels.

www.ItsJustMovies.com

Last edited by Webhead2006; 02-13-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #38
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

double post

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-14-2010, 09:04 AM   #39
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
Lex Luthor should be in all 3 movies, but I think Metallo is the ideal primary foe to start off a new series with. Braniac should be saved for the second or third film similar to how Joker was in the new Batman films, after we've gotten Superman's establishment out of the way.
agreed

Old 02-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #40
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

I think Lex should be in all the movies too. He's so important to the Superman mythos he's basically a supporting cast member. I think he should interact with whoever the villain is in each film and play a role.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:45 AM   #41
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

totally death, i know alot are sick of seeing him. But we could downplay his role in first film. Set him up as the corp/lexcorp guy who is pulling all the strings unknown to everyone but superman. But superman cant take him down yet. Then he has bigger role in sequels along with other foes.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #42
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Brainiac

P.S NO! to Zod and the Phantom Zone criminals. IMO Zod is sort of a lane villain.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:10 PM   #43
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
I think Lex should be in all the movies too. He's so important to the Superman mythos he's basically a supporting cast member. I think he should interact with whoever the villain is in each film and play a role.
Agreed

Old 02-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #44
Adenjo
Cottonheadedninnymuggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
Indeed.. With Superman knowing Lex is involved but just never being able to prove it.

It isn't about looking realistic. It is about looking awesome.
[DarthSkywalker]

BAZINGA
For the Star Wars fans
MY VANITY THREAD

TWITTER the_midlander
Adenjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #45
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Lex should be like he was in STAS, he wasnt always the main villian but he was an important supporting cast member.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #46
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Ughh I'm not going to read a post in this thread. I just want to say we've done dozens of threads like this, and the answer from the majority has always been:

Lex/Metallo/Brainiac

Lex manipulates Corben ( Metallo ), Brainiac manipulates Lex...

That has been decided and repeated by fans for the last 3-4 years. Just pay attention WB and make it happen

Old 02-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #47
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

as for phantom zone/ zod yes i dont want to see it in first film. but i would like to know it exists in this take so if they did want to use the characters/place in any way later down the road its already been hinted at/set up so it wouldnt just come out of the blue.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-14-2010, 01:36 PM   #48
8wid
Banned User

DC needs to consider a reboot of Superman's rogues gallery, most of these suck, even if they are cool.

8wid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #49
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8wid View Post
most of these suck, even if they are cool.
That statement doesn't make any sense at all.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #50
Changeling
Banned User

Way I see it is Lex Luthor is a supporting cast member throughout all three movies, sort of behind the scenes. While Bruno Manheim and Intergang also are a threat throughout, with Bruno and Intergang as a sort of Carmine Falcone/Mafia type of character. They would secretly be getting their weapons supplied by Darkseid, who would become the villain in the end of the trilogy. In the first film, Lex would manipulate Metallo into hating Superman and he would be the main villain, in the second one Brainiac would manipulate Lex, third Darkseid comes and all hell breaks loose.

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote