The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Which villains should be in superman 3.0?
Atlas 2 1.57%
Atomic Skull 2 1.57%
Bizarro 17 13.39%
Bloodsport 0 0%
Braniac 82 64.57%
Bruno Mannheim 7 5.51%
Composite Superman 2 1.57%
Conduit 2 1.57%
Darkseid 23 18.11%
Doomsday 20 15.75%
Eradicator 5 3.94%
Faora 0 0%
General Zod 17 13.39%
Gog 3 2.36%
Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman 3 2.36%
Imperiex 2 1.57%
Intergang 10 7.87%
Jax-Ur 1 0.79%
Kryptonite Man 3 2.36%
Lex Luthor 76 59.84%
Livewire 8 6.30%
Lobo 6 4.72%
Metallo 48 37.80%
Mongul 10 7.87%
Morgan Edge 4 3.15%
Mr. Mxyptlk 2 1.57%
Parasite 29 22.83%
Prankster 4 3.15%
Silver Banshee 3 2.36%
Solomon Grundy 5 3.94%
Superboy Prime 2 1.57%
Terra-Man 1 0.79%
Titano 2 1.57%
Toyman 7 5.51%
Ultra-Humanite 4 3.15%
Ultraman 3 2.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #51
zeptron
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which Superman villains would like to see in the first installment of Superman 3.

You guys do have some good ideas about Luthor not being the main villain, but being behind the scenes. I'll accept that.

zeptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #52
rocco2216
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which Superman villains would like to see in the first installment of Superman 3.

One of the reasons why Lex Luthor needs to be in it is because he hasn't been done right on the big screen yet.

rocco2216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:00 AM   #53
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

I'd like to see a less well known villian like Conduit in the reboot:

You can even change some of his backstory, he doesn't have to be Kenny Braverman, or even know clark, i just think his design is really cool and would make for a nice scifi/super villian.

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #54
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

they could always thrown in a few smaller guys to have a part in a film. Like be a side threat to the main plot/villain.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #55
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

I would love to see Jax-Ur if they decide to use a kryptonian villain rather than zod. Not the animated version which is basically zod, but the current comic version (read the text):

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #56
Chris B
Side-Kick

I think they need a muscle villain in addition to Luthor and Brainiac. So I think they should include Metallo.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:55 PM   #57
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

well i dont really think we need to load the reboot with to many villains. Brainaic could eaisly be a toe to toe fight foe for superman. I would hold off metallo for sequel.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #58
TheWatcher
Dapper

1st movie
Brainaic-Main villain
Lex Luthor-Behind the scenes
Toyman-In the opener,cameo
2nd movie
Zod-Main villain
Non/Ursa-Minions
Metallo(secondary villain)
3rd movie
Darkseid

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:32 AM   #59
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

1st - Luthor/Brainiac
2nd - Luthor behind the scenes/Mettallo
3rd - Doomsday/Bizzarro/Luthor becomes president
4th - Superman/Batman Movie - how they take down President Luthor with 1 or 2 other villains in.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #60
Chris B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
well i dont really think we need to load the reboot with to many villains. Brainaic could eaisly be a toe to toe fight foe for superman. I would hold off metallo for sequel.
I think Metallo could fit in. Has a simple enough origin and Brainiac seems like a "big fight at the end" kind of villain.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:36 AM   #61
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

possible or they could end up having multi fights.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #62
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

as much as i want darkseid....do you guys think we'll see darkseid with the nolan brothers at the helm?

Old 03-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #63
Changeling
Banned User

Superman/Batman movie of them taking down President Lex is brilliant. Public Enemies with less characters?

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #64
Changeling
Banned User

The Man of Steel should definitely have Bruno Mannheim in a Carmine Falcone type role, Lex and Brainiac, and then Toyman in a Scarecrow in TDK sized role.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #65
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
The Man of Steel should definitely have Bruno Mannheim in a Carmine Falcone type role, Lex and Brainiac, and then Toyman in a Scarecrow in TDK sized role.

As much as I agree with the above statement, I have well, you know, been missing This guy...

SuperMike335!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:07 AM   #66
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

i dont see why they couldnt do darkseid with the right build up and story. Plus i think some folks just dont get what nolan did with batman was right for batman to make him seem like a realistic character in a realistic like world. Were as superman is a totally different type of deal since he is rooted into scifi/fantasy. Plus nolan has stated in interviews that bats/supes are two different types of characters. So i am sure if the nolans are invovled we wont get a superman limited and no scifi and all that.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-02-2010, 03:57 AM   #67
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
Superman/Batman movie of them taking down President Lex is brilliant. Public Enemies with less characters?
Yeah you'd have to have less character but there's no reason you couldn't several super-villains there are alot that would never be done on film and this could be it. There could even be 1 or 2 cameos from other heroes especially if they want to aim towards a Justice League movie.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:36 AM   #68
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
i dont see why they couldnt do darkseid with the right build up and story. Plus i think some folks just dont get what nolan did with batman was right for batman to make him seem like a realistic character in a realistic like world. Were as superman is a totally different type of deal since he is rooted into scifi/fantasy. Plus nolan has stated in interviews that bats/supes are two different types of characters. So i am sure if the nolans are invovled we wont get a superman limited and no scifi and all that.
i sure hope so, cause in the past i thought singer wanted to bring darksied in the sequel, but wb said no

Old 03-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #69
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

If they go with brainiac and luthor its the best combo you can ask for in the first film because I believe brainiac's technology can open the door in sequels to create villains like metallo and parasite if they wanted to take that route. Take a note from the comics and have brainiac be defeated at the end of the film and show that luthor has taken his body for testing. The set up is tremendous in that you can really bring out the reporting aspect of lois and clark in the sequel trying to uncover luthor's plans.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:09 AM   #70
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea i know manofsteel, i do hope they have good plans in motion for superman and building up to doomsday or darkseid for 3rd/last film in this next series would be a great way to close out new film series in my book. And in first/second films we stick to guys like metallo, brainiac, toyman, lex, intergang, and some of the other guys i am blanking on right now.

Totally solidsnake i brought up that point to. If they have lex/brainiac it would be a good way to lead into metallo's creation, parasite's creation, early basis to lex's power suit and so on.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-03-2010, 12:27 AM   #71
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Mettalo and Lex Luthor. I also wouldn't mind seeing Braniac in the first film.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #72
GL's Light
GL June 17, 2011

Here's one potential plan:

Movie 1

Superman is an established superhero who has been squaring off against a series of minor supervillains who seem to be working in a coordinated manner. As the plot unfolds we discover that Lex Luthor is behind the supervillains, using them to probe Superman's weaknesses as Luthor is deeply suspicious of this super-powered alien and wants to pinpoint how to defeat him. When Brainiac arrives on the scene Luthor seizes the opportunity to learn about Superman's alien origins and find out how to defeat him.

Pre-credits action sequence: Superman foils a heist perpetrated by Silver Banshee and and Riot.

Major villains: Brainiac and Lex Luthor (in his corporate LexCorp iteration).

Movie 2

Pre-credits action sequence: Superman versus Toyman.

Main plot: Lex Luthor continues to investigate the Kryptonian technology that ended up in his possession after the Brainiac imbroglio of the first film. Luthor inadvertently unleashes Zod and his gang of marauders from the Phantom Zone. In a twist, Superman and Luthor join forces to defeat Zod and his gang, but Luthor has a back-up plan he's formulating, namely Metallo, whom he intends to use to kill both Superman and Zod.

Main villains: Lex Luthor and Zod.

Luthor's third act henchman: Metallo.

Movie 3

Pre-credits action sequence: Superman versus Livewire and Atomic Skull.

Main plot: The minions of Darkseid infiltrate into positions of power and influence on Earth, setting the stage for an invasion. Lois and Clark uncover this plot and discover the existence of Apokolips and New Genesis.

Main villain: Darkseid.

Darkseid's minions: Kalibak, Steppenwolf, Kanto, Granny Goodness, Lashina and the Female Furies, Amazing Grace, etc.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #73
Changeling
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike335!! View Post
As much as I agree with the above statement, I have well, you know, been missing This guy...

Lol. I hope I never have to see that movie.

But anyways I was thinking maybe something like this could be the basic Superman/Batman outline

Lex is already President, having been elected in MOS2, Bruce and Lex/US Government have a major technological development, but Bruce refuses to sell to Lex, and Lex frames Bruce for murdering someone (like in Bruce Wayne: Fugitive)
Having nowhere to run, Bruce becomes Batman fulltime and goes to Superman for help. Together they team up to take down Lex and eventually expose him for what he really is.

Sure, it takes ideas from existing comics, but I think its solid as a storyline

Old 03-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #74
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

gl light i like your idea, only thing i would do is change first film with him just starting out. But that is just my feeling i want next film to be the start of his career or he just going public but has been doing saves undercover for a short time.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-05-2010, 03:15 AM   #75
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

I know this won't happen and I know it's not what anyone here wants, but I feel like the first movie in the series should be more grounded, Superman against a more realistic threat, dealing with powerful criminals and disasters. I think we should see how Superman handles more real world problems before we get into supervillains and aliens. Think of it like escalation. Somehow, it just doesn't seem right for him to be fighting Bizarro and Brainiac and Metallo right at the beginning. So I'm saying I'd prefer Lex for the first movie, and a super powered villain in the sequel.