The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Which villains should be in superman 3.0?
Atlas 2 1.57%
Atomic Skull 2 1.57%
Bizarro 17 13.39%
Bloodsport 0 0%
Braniac 82 64.57%
Bruno Mannheim 7 5.51%
Composite Superman 2 1.57%
Conduit 2 1.57%
Darkseid 23 18.11%
Doomsday 20 15.75%
Eradicator 5 3.94%
Faora 0 0%
General Zod 17 13.39%
Gog 3 2.36%
Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman 3 2.36%
Imperiex 2 1.57%
Intergang 10 7.87%
Jax-Ur 1 0.79%
Kryptonite Man 3 2.36%
Lex Luthor 76 59.84%
Livewire 8 6.30%
Lobo 6 4.72%
Metallo 48 37.80%
Mongul 10 7.87%
Morgan Edge 4 3.15%
Mr. Mxyptlk 2 1.57%
Parasite 29 22.83%
Prankster 4 3.15%
Silver Banshee 3 2.36%
Solomon Grundy 5 3.94%
Superboy Prime 2 1.57%
Terra-Man 1 0.79%
Titano 2 1.57%
Toyman 7 5.51%
Ultra-Humanite 4 3.15%
Ultraman 3 2.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2010, 04:09 AM   #76
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Default Re: Which Superman villains would like to see in the first installment of Superman 3.

its an interesting though lead, though with superman you expect more out of him and want a grander villain to go toe to toe with. Then simple criminals and disasters. You can easily have disasters/simple criminals be the first things he stops in the film prior to the whole supervillain rises.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #77
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Default Re: Which Superman villains would like to see in the first installment of Superman 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
I know this won't happen and I know it's not what anyone here wants, but I feel like the first movie in the series should be more grounded, Superman against a more realistic threat, dealing with powerful criminals and disasters. I think we should see how Superman handles more real world problems before we get into supervillains and aliens. Think of it like escalation. Somehow, it just doesn't seem right for him to be fighting Bizarro and Brainiac and Metallo right at the beginning. So I'm saying I'd prefer Lex for the first movie, and a super powered villain in the sequel.

If they don't put a super powered baddie in this film there might not be a sequel One of the biggest complaints about SR was no genuine super villain. We've seen lex to death. Spidey, Iron Man, Hulk, they all got villains that could challenge them on a physical level. It not only makes for a good movie but adds a nice visual layer to the film, like for me, the fights in Spidey 2 are the closest thing i've ever seen to a comic book coming to life on the big screen. People get bored really easily, they've seen superman stop a disaster and lift an island in the last film and battle lex. I we'd all be epically disappointed if we didn't get a solid superpowered villain this time around. Even smallville tries to give him worthy threats.

With a movie for the first time ever we could actually see superman doing things he's only done in the comics and cartoons up til now, having an amazing battle against a formidble foe. Whether it's a giant robot, human size bots, or a hulk like beast, seeing superman tangle with those sorts of threats would be amazing. People like and expect spectable in this type of movie. Look at Avatar, it was visually amazing, people want to get caught up in the fantasy of it. They need to get superman right this time. Fun + exciting adventure + epic battles = a winning combo. If they go with no supervillain, more lex as prime villian, supes stopping disaster, it will equal epic failure. And no one wants that.

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #78
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I have really enjoyed some of the newer villains Superman has had to deal with over the last few years. I really liked Preus but his origins may be a bit too hard to translate to the big screen, not sure if the bottled city of Kandor would ever translate well.

Ruin and Gog have been quite good as well, I wouldnt mind any of them showing up in this new Superman franchise at some point, even if its just for a quick cameo or opening battle scene.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #79
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

totally agree with you there day.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #80
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
If they don't put a super powered baddie in this film there might not be a sequel One of the biggest complaints about SR was no genuine super villain. We've seen lex to death. Spidey, Iron Man, Hulk, they all got villains that could challenge them on a physical level. It not only makes for a good movie but adds a nice visual layer to the film, like for me, the fights in Spidey 2 are the closest thing i've ever seen to a comic book coming to life on the big screen. People get bored really easily, they've seen superman stop a disaster and lift an island in the last film and battle lex. I we'd all be epically disappointed if we didn't get a solid superpowered villain this time around. Even smallville tries to give him worthy threats.

With a movie for the first time ever we could actually see superman doing things he's only done in the comics and cartoons up til now, having an amazing battle against a formidble foe. Whether it's a giant robot, human size bots, or a hulk like beast, seeing superman tangle with those sorts of threats would be amazing. People like and expect spectable in this type of movie. Look at Avatar, it was visually amazing, people want to get caught up in the fantasy of it. They need to get superman right this time. Fun + exciting adventure + epic battles = a winning combo. If they go with no supervillain, more lex as prime villian, supes stopping disaster, it will equal epic failure. And no one wants that.
I know using Lex again will probably mean the movie will bomb, I'm just going on what I think works for me from a creative standpoint, not a box office one. It just seems natural to me that the more grounded/realistic stuff would come first in the series, then things would escalate to villains who can actually stand toe to toe with Superman.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #81
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^After SR's Box office performance, there is less chance of Superman himself appearing in the new movie than a super-villain!

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 03-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #82
JStorm
Arkham

**** Lex.

Dammit. Learn. Please.

There is a myriad of villians out there, that the artistic strength of the Nolan's and Goyer could make a smash.

Give me an Oscar-winning writer and director using Lex - I still say bull****.
Give me the track record of Nolan - not just the Batman films - and his entrourage with Toyman, and I will goof my pants.

Anybody but Lex as the lead villian.

JStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #83
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^After SR's Box office performance, there is less chance of Superman himself appearing in the new movie than a super-villain!
I said I'm basing my opinion of what I personally want creatively and not on what will sell. I don't care if you're all sick to death of Lex, I'm more concerned with a good movie than a super-powered punch fest. Honestly, there isn't much for me to be sick of, I don't count the movies I didn't like. Superman III and IV were bad, and Superman Returns was mediocre. That leaves two movies, one with Lex as the main villain, and the other with Zod, who despite everyone being sick of him after one appearance, had superpowers. That one ingredient that makes a villain, apparently.

Last edited by Lead Cenobite; 03-05-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Lead Cenobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #84
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
I said I'm basing my opinion of what I personally want creatively and not on what will sell. I don't care if you're all sick to death of Lex, I'm more concerned with a good movie than a super-powered punch fest. Honestly, there isn't much for me to be sick of, I don't count the movies I didn't like. Superman III and IV were bad, and Superman Returns was mediocre. That leaves two movies, one with Lex as the main villain, and the other with Zod, who despite everyone being sick of him after one appearance, had superpowers. That one ingredient that makes a villain, apparently.
Dont get me wrong, I totally agree, I liked SR because it was more about character than CGI and special effects, same with STM, once the effects start in that movie, I lose interest, fast.

But with SR being a BO dissapointment, we are 100% getting a super-villain in the next Superman movie, just stating a fact is all.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #85
JStorm
Arkham

Quote:
You - honestly - said 'creativity' in that statement.

JStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:02 AM   #86
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

jstorm i am sure lex isnt going to be the main villain this go around. But like many has said he is a key supporting player in superman world. So you cant not have the character appear at all. Plus if we are finally getting out of the simple con man lex of the donner take. And seeing the full on scientist/business man/political lex. The character will be totally different and serve a much greater purpose to the overall story and all that.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #87
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

I would like to see Ultra-Humanite as the main villain. Lex is responsible somehow for his creation,but of course the blame is shifted all on Gerard and Lex's reputation is safe,

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:45 AM   #88
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!

I'd love to see The Conduit, especially this design:http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0...duit_large.jpg

Silver Banshee, Parasite, and or Intergang would be be cool too. Of course, Silver Banshee would probably need a more scientific background as to getting her powers, which is AOK with me.

Last edited by BrollySupersj; 03-23-2010 at 01:08 AM.
BrollySupersj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #89
GreenKToo
In the fire

*IF* Brainiac were not the villain, i'd want someone like The Eradicator, Metallo, or Gog.
I'm assuming Lex will be there.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #90
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

totally eradicator would be good and if they wanted to stay earth bound for first film stick with metallo. though with the chance of doing brainaic first we can do a film without kryptonite as a factor. since i know many folks dont want to see kryptonite much. though if that is the chance i would like kryptonite to be hinted towards by the end of the film. So then say if they do go with brainaic first and use his tech to create metallo for sequel we get a nice lead into metallo character.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #91
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Quote:

Imagine a Spiderman film with only non-superhuman opponents. Now imagine an Iron Man film with no physical threat. Now what about Hulk...any other super hero. The point is they wouldn't dare make a movie of any other hero and not included a baddie on par with the hero. What would be the point? Now why would anyone want a superman movie that didn't include some form of a superpowered threat?

No one is saying the film doesn't need a good solid story and solid character development, it certainly does, to me that's what was missing in SR, it was a boring movie, not b/c he didn't punch anything but b/c nothing happened, he moped around, lois was boring, very little character interaction, they had no personalities, etc, etc. You need a good story, you need solid characters, that are likable and relatable. But if you're making a super hero movie you also need a super villian/threat that goes beyond a disaster or lifting an island. And that is something a modern audience hasn't seen yet. Look at the complaints against Smallville, it's had a few solid super human battles but they're short, why? Budget mainly. Now imagine somethign along the lines of the action we saw in Spidey 2 but applied to superman whether it's a human sized opponent like metallo, or a giant robot, or a hulk/abomination style beast, it would simply be amazing to watch supes in action against a superpowered threat. That's what i'm looking forward to at least.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:36 AM   #92
GreenKToo
In the fire

No doubt we're gonna get it too.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #93
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Yeah if we're not careful (and you really want non-super humans only) we'll get a

Gus Gorman

and Otis team-up

Chis Tucker for Gus and Seth Rogen for Otis FTW!!!

Last edited by Daybreak_st; 03-25-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #94
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!

I for one don't mind the use of Kryptonite in the movies, I was just fine with it in Returns, I'll be fine with it in the reboot. Just wish they would utilize it in better ways, most significantly with Metallo, or with the Conduit as I mentioned before.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:17 PM   #95
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea with super foes and superman we could have some kick butt action scenes there. Superman is a character that can do so much, but in live action form really hasnt had his fair shot at properly displaying his full range of powers. As for kryptonite i too like it and definately want it in new film series. But i made this point a few days ago. if they are going with the idea of brainiac still. This is time we dont need to have kryptonite be a threat. And if they go with krypton route for brainiac. Maybe they can have kryptonite make a special appearance at the end of the film with lex men discovering it and finding out it shares traits to brainiac. Which could then lead into say metallo being created in sequel.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #96
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

He may be a bit old school, but I need to see Darkseid. And soon.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #97
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
He may be a bit old school, but I need to see Darkseid. And soon.

I guess you can always watch Smallville for that. They're hinting at his arrival.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #98
GreenKToo
In the fire

your kidding..wow, he's not even superman yet and he's already meeting all.......just nevermind.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:12 PM   #99
Pittman4Two
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I always like a bit of controversy.

Maybe have Brainiac possess President Milton Fine and starts changing the world as he sees fit. A real dead ringer to Bush.

Pittman4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:13 PM   #100
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrollySupersj View Post
I for one don't mind the use of Kryptonite in the movies, I was just fine with it in Returns, I'll be fine with it in the reboot. Just wish they would utilize it in better ways, most significantly with Metallo, or with the Conduit as I mentioned before.

yeah that sounds good to me. I could see Metallo as lex's solution to superman, while Conduit is the military's solution. I'd have someone like Jason Statham as Conduit, it wouldn't necessarily have to be Kenny Bravermen, no back-story with clark, just an upgraded cybernetic soldier designed to counter and kill superman...actually maybe they just want to capture Superman at first to interrogate him, find out if he's leading an invasion or something. Maybe there’s a team like the one found in the Batman/Superman kryptonite story (i'll scan some pics later) led by Conduit. Very physical stuff, instead of Supes being so weak he can't fight back, the kryptonite their using just limits his powers so supes isn't quite as strong, could lead to some nice fight scenes, (think of the episode in the batman cartoon when supes was weakened but went up against BAtman's rogues).