The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Which villains should be in superman 3.0?
Atlas 2 1.57%
Atomic Skull 2 1.57%
Bizarro 17 13.39%
Bloodsport 0 0%
Braniac 82 64.57%
Bruno Mannheim 7 5.51%
Composite Superman 2 1.57%
Conduit 2 1.57%
Darkseid 23 18.11%
Doomsday 20 15.75%
Eradicator 5 3.94%
Faora 0 0%
General Zod 17 13.39%
Gog 3 2.36%
Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman 3 2.36%
Imperiex 2 1.57%
Intergang 10 7.87%
Jax-Ur 1 0.79%
Kryptonite Man 3 2.36%
Lex Luthor 76 59.84%
Livewire 8 6.30%
Lobo 6 4.72%
Metallo 48 37.80%
Mongul 10 7.87%
Morgan Edge 4 3.15%
Mr. Mxyptlk 2 1.57%
Parasite 29 22.83%
Prankster 4 3.15%
Silver Banshee 3 2.36%
Solomon Grundy 5 3.94%
Superboy Prime 2 1.57%
Terra-Man 1 0.79%
Titano 2 1.57%
Toyman 7 5.51%
Ultra-Humanite 4 3.15%
Ultraman 3 2.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #101
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Default Re: Which Superman villains would like to see in the first installment of Superman 3.

interesting thought there day. That could probably turn into a fair movie.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:33 AM   #102
Mistah K88
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which Superman villains would like to see in the first installment of Superman 3.

I'd probably start off with Manheim and Intergang. Normally the Metropolis PD would be able to take care of them easily, but the gang has been getting very technologically advanced weaponry from somewhere. Bruno is known to the public as a businessman, however, he's sloppier than Lex and Intergang could be tied to him quite easily with some work. Superman should dispose of Intergang early on in the film, leaving room for someone like Brainiac.

I want to save Metallo for a future movie because Kryptonite is a thing I would like to see explored in the second movie (people like Lex discovering this God-like being has a weakness and going out of the way to exploit it is something that could have its own movie). Brainiac can hold his own against Superman without Kryptonite, so I want either Brainiac, Parasite, or one of the like without that green rock.

Mistah K88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:18 AM   #103
Timstuff
Banned User

IMO Brainiac is too big of a villain to use in the first movie. They should start off with Luthor and Metallo, and then set up for Brainiac in film 2.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:47 AM   #104
GreenKToo
In the fire

Brainiac and Lex-corp Lex.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #105
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
IMO Brainiac is too big of a villain to use in the first movie. They should start off with Luthor and Metallo, and then set up for Brainiac in film 2.
I agree but because of the use of luthor in returns and everyother superman movie I really think they don't have much of a choice but to use brainiac in the first film. I know most of us think in trilogies but superman has one last shot as a film to get it right or we wont be seeing it again for years. So they're going to have to use brainaic first. I still want to see luthor and metallo in a sequel because it could be just as good if not better then the dark knight. Obviously its going to be a different kind of action but in terms of story it has some really great potential to be huge. With luthor and metallo you get to really use the reporter aspect of lois and clark which is also rich with great character interaction if done properly. Its almost shocking that no one has been able to write a great script for this series yet.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #106
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Brainiac in my eyes would have to be played by Hugo Weaving.

I believe in Batfleck

Last edited by Rodrigo90; 04-09-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:13 PM   #107
DarKJediKnight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Brainiac in my eyes would have to be played by Hugo Weaving.
Because he's a machine program and can replicate himself?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

DarKJediKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:00 AM   #108
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

well for me i dont see any issues with starting off with brainiac or metallo. i do think they are good foes to start off with super powered villains for superman. And intergang lead by bruno or edge would be an interesting secondary smaller threat/plotline film could go with. Like what the various mob guys were for bb/tdk.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 04-10-2010, 04:45 AM   #109
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKJediKnight View Post
Because he's a machine program and can replicate himself?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I knew someone would catch on to that,lol.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 04-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #110
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

also a good thing if they did go with brainiac for first film. This would be a prime spot for kryptonite not to be needed for the film. I know folks really hate that all the live action films have used it in some form. But brainiac wouldnt really need it to go toe to toe with superman. But if they did go with brainiac i would definately want kryptonite to still get a refrence or say at end of the film its discovered by lex's lackys. Then if they go kryptonian background for brainiac. They can say it shares properties to brainiac. And then in sequel we see it used on superman/ with or without metallo.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 04-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #111
Crook
Banned User

I would really love it if Kryptonite weren't introduced until the 2nd or 3rd film. It'd be pretty gutsy to withhold that, considering it appears in practically EVERY damn story.

Crook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #112
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

oh totally it would be interesting if its not used to later point. But i dont want to see it skipped over entirely either. Now if brainiac is the villain it would be great to not have kryptonite be used in the film at all. But just as i said above that its refrenced/found at the end of the film. Which leads to it being used in 2nd film.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 04-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #113
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

If they go with a non-humanoid brainiac i'd like to see Alan Tudyk in the role. Did a fantastic job bring some personality to Sonny in I-Robot and handeled all the physical Mo-cap stuff very well.

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:23 AM   #114
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea i wonder if they want to go with a human looking brainiac with green skin and all that or go with a more robotic look with either will be done via makeup/costume, or cgi- with a motion cap actor.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 04-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #115
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

3 Main villains Im using are Lex and Brainiac,the other Superman must deal with is Toyman,who wants to 'play a game'. He has planted a bomb in a school (which might or might not even be in Metropolis or even in the USA),and Superman must find clues to the whereabouts before the bomb goes off. Of course when Superman finally confronts Toyman,he finds that he has obtained a new toy...A gigantic mechanical Spider that he 'borrowed' from Lex.

Thousands of Metallo prototypes (Created by Lex and issued by President Milton Fine) are used to seige Metropolis towards the end,merely to slow Superman down,as Brainiac prepares to awaken Doomsday.

I believe in Batfleck

Last edited by Rodrigo90; 04-14-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #116
Timstuff
Banned User

Metallo should be the first time Superman is exposed to Kryptonite. Either Metallo should be the main foe in the first film, or Kryptonite should be held off until movie #2.

So, I suppose the question is, if they did a trilogy, how will they top Brainiac? Maybe they'll get gutsy and try Darksied, but I imagine that they'd want to save him for a Justice League movie (preferably played by a mocapped Michael Ironside). Zod and the bad Kryponians have been kind of overplayed IMO, and I'd prefer that this time around Superman really is the last of his kind.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #117
GreenKToo
In the fire

For me, I'd want Brainiac and Lex in the first film.
and *if* there is a second and third..
Parasite and Metallo in the second with Lex in the background.
And either Gog, Doomsday, or Darkseid in the third, with Lex again there.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #118
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

I like what Nolan did on both Batman and The Dark Knight. He had a main villian, but there were cameos (Scarecrow, Falcone, Etc.) that were well written and at times complemented the story. I hope we see something similar with Supes.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:30 AM   #119
GreenKToo
In the fire

It would be beyond awesome to see Lex hire a bodyguard with the name John Corben. Or to see a scientist named Dr. Emil Hamilton.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 04-14-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #120
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
Zod and the bad Kryponians have been kind of overplayed IMO, and I'd prefer that this time around Superman really is the last of his kind.
I'm curious to know where this notion of zod being overplayed has come from. He was in one mediocre movie (STM doesnt count with that opening scene). Now if you're talking about luthor then I could understand, but even then he hasn't been done the way most want to see him. I would leave darkseid out, he has no purpose in a superman film and really occupies the same story territory of brainiac which is "evil villain comes from outer space to destroy earth". I'm liking the idea of metallo more now because of the comics revision of his character. If you throw in general lane and corben as a soldier you have a great story to tell when they pair up with luthor. It really gives lois and clark's reporting aspect and relationship room to grow and ties them all in nicely.

Last edited by solidsnake86; 04-14-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #121
GreenKToo
In the fire

I wouldnt be against Metallo as the main vaillain in the first film but i'd prefer Brainiac.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #122
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
I'm curious to know where this notion of zod being overplayed has come from. He was in one mediocre movie (STM doesnt count with that opening scene). Now if you're talking about luthor then I could understand, but even then he hasn't been done the way most want to see him. I would leave darkseid out, he has no purpose in a superman film and really occupies the same story territory of brainiac which is "evil villain comes from outer space to destroy earth". I'm liking the idea of metallo more now because of the comics revision of his character. If you throw in general lane and corben as a soldier you have a great story to tell when they pair up with luthor. It really gives lois and clark's reporting aspect and relationship room to grow and ties them all in nicely.
I agree, Zod was only in Superman 2 and was a VERY 2d villain. Smallville is now using a version of Zod with more complex motivations but he's still nothing like what could potentially exist on the big screen. If anyone's read the Action Comics story arc by Geoff Johns and Richard Donner then you know how Zod shoudl be brought to the big screen, along with multiple escapees from the phantom zone, not just 3. I would NOT suggest this in the first or even 2nd film but maybe the 3rd with an all-out battle bw rouge kryptonians and earth, Superman, and maybe star labs develops a prototype suit that on willing volunteer John Henry Irons wears to help Supes. By this point you could have the science police. Also as a nod to the comic maybe supes has to team up with lex, metallo and bizarro if he exists in that universe. If you saw teh level of worldwide destruction from the comic and the effect of Zod trying to establish a new Krpyton on Earth, then i think people would see how great Zod could be on film if done right.

Last edited by Daybreak_st; 04-14-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #123
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Thats exactly what I want to see daybreak. You could even have luthor's redemption by having him help superman and once again, that would create some great drama if superman has to trust him. Have you read action comics annual ten where they explained what happend to non, that issue really is the reason why I want to see zod on the big screen now.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #124
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Yes i loved that comic. It added such dimension to why Zod would attack the council. i'm still waiting to see more of Non's relationship with Jorel fleshed out, but what an original idea. I would love to see that in the movie. It adds such depth to the plight of those 3 and gives Zod some serious credibility to his motivations.

For those who missed the issue:

While Jorel obeyed the Council's directive to stay quiet, Non didn't so they eventually lobotomized him to shut him up. Zod believed Non's warning about the destruction of krypton and was appalled at what the council did. He took non in as one of his own and tried to recruit jorel to aid them against the council. Jorel refused. Zod attempts a coup and evidently kills some fellow kryptonians though not the entire coucil. He's banished to the phantom zone along with ursa and non.

I think that's about it, am i missing anything, Solidsnake?

Old 04-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #125
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
It would be beyond awesome to see Lex hire a bodyguard with the name John Corben. Or to see a scientist named Dr. Emil Hamilton.
That's what I'm talking about. Both characters can have small cameos and maybe have a major part in the sequels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
I agree, Zod was only in Superman 2 and was a VERY 2d villain. Smallville is now using a version of Zod with more complex motivations but he's still nothing like what could potentially exist on the big screen. If anyone's read the Action Comics story arc by Geoff Johns and Richard Donner then you know how Zod shoudl be brought to the big screen, along with multiple escapees from the phantom zone, not just 3. I would NOT suggest this in the first or even 2nd film but maybe the 3rd with an all-out battle bw rouge kryptonians and earth, Superman, and maybe star labs develops a prototype suit that on willing volunteer John Henry Irons wears to help Supes. By this point you could have the science police. Also as a nod to the comic maybe supes has to team up with lex, metallo and bizarro if he exists in that universe. If you saw teh level of worldwide destruction from the comic and the effect of Zod trying to establish a new Krpyton on Earth, then i think people would see how great Zod could be on film if done right.

It's been a while since I bought a comic. I gotta get that one.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote