3 0 0%
2 2 10.53%
1 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #76
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Default Re: Liam Neeson Reteaming With Joe Carnahan for ‘The Grey’

Now I'm intrigued by this movie after reading all the reviews in this thread.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #77
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Holy....f***. This film exceeded my expectations by a mile, Liam Neeson and the cast pulled off a utterly fantastic performance. They added emotion and depth to the characters so when you see someone die off you actually care for them. I have never seen wolves to menacing in all of film, they did a great job on the horror aspect. The last time I saw a film that brings in fear and and team trying to survive was John Carpenter's The Thing. With the ending, I know many people will either hate it or love it but I loved it. Also the fact that they used Jamin Winans's Ink soundtrack for the two emotional scenes made me mark out. This is easily on my top 10 for 2012 and my hope is that Liam Neeson gets a nod for next years Oscars, this man deserves another.
9.5/10
Here's the score I was talking about (if you guys haven't watched Ink, go and see it):

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
PS: I heard Bradley Cooper was the lead before he dropped out. I like him but I could not see him doing justice like Neeson did
After seeing Limitless, I think Cooper could do it well but not on Neeson's level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Now I'm intrigued by this movie after reading all the reviews in this thread.
Just remember it's not the film the trailers make it out to be.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #78
Marvel
Side-Kick

Lightbulb Re: Liam Neeson Reteaming With Joe Carnahan for ‘The Grey’

2/10

Terribly written and just awful. This was a brutal, grim, discouraging and depressing film with little to no redeeming factors whatsoever. If you saw the movie Open Water and hated it (which I did) then you’ll hate this movie (which I do). The only positive thing I can say about this thing is that it does make you appreciate not being stranded in the wilderness being hunted by giant wolves. Other than that, this was one complete and utter waste of two hours of my life.

Anyone that says otherwise is a deeply disturbed individual.

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #79
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
2/10

Terribly written and just awful. This was a brutal, grim, discouraging and depressing film with little to no redeeming factors whatsoever. If you saw the movie Open Water and hated it (which I did) then you’ll hate this movie (which I do). The only positive thing I can say about this thing is that it does make you appreciate not being stranded in the wilderness being hunted by giant wolves. Other than that, this was one complete and utter waste of two hours of my life.

Okay. You hated the film, fine. However, please don't call anyone disturbed for enjoying this flick. That's beyond criticism, it's borderline troll-ish.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #80
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Disturbed? What if we loved it because we could connect to the characters? 9/10

Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #81
Boom
I got nothin'

Jeez. Going by what some of you are saying, I should avoid spoilers and see this tomorrow.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #82
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Jeez. Going by what some of you are saying, I should avoid spoilers and see this tomorrow.
You should Boom. 2012 is off to an incredible start.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 01-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #83
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Quote:
2/10

thank you for insulting just about everybody in this thread.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #84
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

I enjoyed it a lot. It certainly isn't an upbeat movie, but it doesn't have to be.

It was definitely the most mature movie that Neeson has made in a long time. Honestly, with the character he portrayed, I really felt like this was his way of really dealing with the loss of his wife. I'm sure he got to use a lot of those emotions while playing Ottaway. I can't help but think that he felt really connected to this character.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #85
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I enjoyed it a lot. It certainly isn't an upbeat movie, but it doesn't have to be.

It was definitely the most mature movie that Neeson has made in a long time. Honestly, with the character he portrayed, I really felt like this was his way of really dealing with the loss of his wife. I'm sure he got to use a lot of those emotions while playing Ottaway. I can't help but think that he felt really connected to this character.
Same here, every since the trailer I kinda knew this film was a tribute to his wife.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:30 PM   #86
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:

Carnahan told Neeson that he should imagine actually writing a letter to his wife during that scene.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #87
Punisher Rising
Mechanical Psychopath

Quote:
2/10

You're entitled to your opinion on the movie but this post is borderline insulting.

...I am now authorized to use physical force!
Punisher Rising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #88
E.NormusJohnson
Henchman #2

Quote:
2/10

Tell us how you really feel.

E.NormusJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #89
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User

Quote:
2/10

Wolfs tend not to attack humans. Usually the other way around.
Scotland use to have lots of wolfs but they were totally wiped out. I'd hate to be a wolf around humans.

Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #90
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Eh, every situation differs.

The alligator usually avoids targeting humans as prey, but if hungry and/or confident enough to take on bigger prey... watch out. The same goes for Wolves. If you got a pack with an aggressive Alpha, and they're hungry... run, b***h! Run!

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #91
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

It's pretty much known for wolves that you don't f*** up their territory....especially their den.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #92
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User

Wolves get a terrible wrap. Yes they are predators but they have been given the impression as something evil and monstrous through folklore and movies such as this. You could say the same about Jaws as well.

Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #93
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Are You Crouching Spock? View Post
Wolves get a terrible wrap. Yes they are predators but they have been given the impression as something evil and monstrous through folklore and movies such as this. You could say the same about Jaws as well.
True. Just leave them be.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #94
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
After seeing Limitless, I think Cooper could do it well but not on Neeson's level.
Oh yeah I liked Limitless a lot but I still doubt he couldve done this that well

Quote:
Yeah I felt that too.

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #95
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Were the wolves in here realistic though? Neeson said if you don't go into their den then they won't attack you. The direction they were heading though (as seen by the end) - couldn't it be said that's why they became violent? Don't know much about wolves, granted, but if the den thing is true - I could see that happening. Any animal gets territorial over its den.

I loved that the humans were fighting to get back to their families while the wolves were fighting to protect their families - the humans seemed to be trapped in the den and accidentally kept running to the middle of it.

Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #96
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

'The Grey' slammed for 'bloodthirsty' portrayal of wolves

Old 01-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #97
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

I love animals, but boycotting a film? Are you serious PETA supporters?

Who wants to bet these advocates still adore White Fang or Beauty and The Beast?

Old 01-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #98
Boom
I got nothin'

Oh look. The mutes are screaming again.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #99
marvelman2006
Banned User

I liked the movie but there's some parts I didn't like.

I didn't like

- the plot hole of the men jumping from the cliff to the trees because there was now way down but 15 minutes later the wolves appear and chase them down. I don't know why they didn't keep walking.

- how did Liam have shotgun shells if he had just a sniper rifle
- the ending was kinda a FU to the the audience and didn't give us closure like I expected.

marvelman2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #100
Tron wolfgang
Side-Kick

Am i the only person that walked out of the movie theater feeling like a depressed atheist with a fear of death and wolves.

am not bashing the movie bytheway i though it was really good, i really like how they made the wolves so intense and threatening.

Tron wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote