The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 02-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Default So now that Brainiac will be in the movie,which version of him should be use?

For now I'll go with the Return Brainiac,I don't know much about the other ones,I'd also settle for the bronze age one or a combination of them both.

Last edited by S.A.A.D.; 02-24-2010 at 04:04 PM.
S.A.A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Default Re: So now that Brainiac will be in the movie,which version of him should be use?

I like the version in the comics now

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
Changeling
Banned User

Default Re: So now that Brainiac will be in the movie,which version of him should be use?

With the story getting deep into Kryptonian roots, I can see them using STAS Brainiac

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Yea i think the STAS brainiac with some changes would be best to go with.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

STAS Brainiac all the way.

Plus he is the most familiar incarnation of the character to the public.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
SpiderByte
Banned User

SpiderByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
Yeah, the Geoff Johns' version is awesome, and his Brainiac is pretty much a combo of the animated version and the robotic Silver age.

Trust me: the stupid 'Milton' version won't be used.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

I'd still love to see this on screen

Old 02-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #9
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
Yeah hes very cool

But I want the STAS version of Brainiac I wouldnt care if we got the current comics version though.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #10
Octoberist
point blank

while i love the artwork, i do have to admit that they kinda failed at Brainiac's outfit. it's like he's getting ready for a bike ride.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #11
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Kryptonian Brainiac is the way to go.

Man of Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #12
Changeling
Banned User

STAS Supes for sure. Some changes should be made to his look, I mean the purple blue thing doesnt look that cool

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #13
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
while i love the artwork, i do have to admit that they kinda failed at Brainiac's outfit. it's like he's getting ready for a bike ride.
Hehe,I agree. >.<

S.A.A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #14
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Yeah the outfit needs to change, something more scifi appropriate.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #15
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

i would love to see some wicked scenes like posted above for brainaic and supes.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-24-2010, 04:41 PM   #16
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I want STAS version of Brainiac as well, he and Kal-El should be the only survivors of Kryptom.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:17 PM   #17
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

it would be a good dynamic to play with the two.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #18
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I know a couple of people here don't like Brainiac being tied to Krypton but the entire concept will perfectly work for the movie.

Quote:
"One change to Superman's origin is that the evil computer Brainiac was not only from Krypton, but was portrayed as responsible for preventing the knowledge of Krypton's imminent destruction from reaching its people so as to save himself rather than be committed in the presumably futile task of saving the population of the planet."

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 02-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #19
thorstone
Side-Kick

There is no version of Brainiac that doesn't suck.

I only want to see Darkseid. Why do they always pick the lamest villains for these Superman scripts-- they are so anticlimactic, always with the cliche evil Kryptonians and giant robots.

thorstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:46 PM   #20
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

i doubt they would want to start with darkseid. he is more of a character i would end a series on.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #21
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Another interesting idea I have Superman as the last Kryptonian go up against Brainiac, the last Coluan.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #22
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

maybe they will do a mix of STAS kryptonian brainiac and the coluan brainiac?

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #23
Robin91939
Master Tim

Goyer stole my ideas....(kidding)

But-- I had mapped out a trilogy and already scripted the first film that would go DEEP into Kryptonian history. It also had Brainiac and Luthor as the first film's villains.

- The first film, Last Son, would also set up for Metallo, Bizarro, and Doomsday for the next two films.

- John Corbin's origin would be told in the first film and he would undergo Luthor's Metallo program in the final scene of the first film.

- During the finale versus Brainiac, Luthor would collect a sample of Superman's blood--setting up the cloning process for Bizarro in movie two: The Man of Steel.

- Last Son would catalog the last days of Krypton. This is the Animated Series' Brainiac. He is a collector of data and not only kept Krypton negligent of the planet's impending demise, but expedited it. He used weapons created in Krypton's Civil War between the High Council's Forces and General Zod to destroy the planet's red sun.

- We'd see Clark have to choose between saving his adoptive planet or betray everything he believes in to maintain his connection to Krypton, when he is offered all the knowledge of Krypton and a chance to travel the cosmos with Brainiac--learning more about his heritage.

- Another weapon that was created by the High Council's Force's and one of the Council's head scientists, Jor-El was a doomsday weapon, and it was recommissioned as an attempt to destroy Brainiac. It was never activated, and Brainiac gained control of the weapon.

- Kal-El's escape was not simply to save his own life--but was Jor-El's contingency plan to defeat Brainiac.

- The final film has Luthor take a more prominent role as he discovers Brainiac's ship--submerged deep in the Atlantic after his final battle with Superman in Last Son, and unearths the doomsday weapon.

Hardly seems like there's is a point in finishing this project...

-R

Old 02-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #24
Mr. Earle
Banned User

So canon Brainiac is influenced by STAS? Is Brainiac the reason Krypton exploded or the reason the Kryptonians couldnt escape?

I personally like the K origin. Instead of some random aliens building him, it all ties to Krypton's destruction and explains why nobody made it out.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #25
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
So canon Brainiac is influenced by STAS? Is Brainiac the reason Krypton exploded or the reason the Kryptonians couldnt escape?

I personally like the K origin. Instead of some random aliens building him, it all ties to Krypton's destruction and explains why nobody made it out.
In STAS he is the reason they couldn't escape. He is the indirect cause of Kryptons destruction due to his own yearning for survival.

Quote:
"This version depicted the villain Brainiac as responsible for the destruction of Krypton's people. Brainiac as well as Jor-El discovered that the planet would explode after several weeks of earthquakes. Brainiac knew that if the Kryptonian elders learned of it, Brainiac would be tasked with formulating an evacuation plan. This would leave Brainiac with no time to escape itself, so it told the elders that Jor-El was mistaken and that the earthquakes were the result of a polar shift and secretly downloaded itself and all of Krypton's culture and knowledge onto a satellite."

Quote: