The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 02-24-2010, 07:36 PM   #26
Catman
Banned User

Default Re: So now that Brainiac will be in the movie,which version of him should be use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
With the story getting deep into Kryptonian roots, I can see them using STAS Brainiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
Yea i think the STAS brainiac with some changes would be best to go with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
STAS Brainiac all the way.

Plus he is the most familiar incarnation of the character to the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Yeah, the Geoff Johns' version is awesome
Since Johns is running the creative side of DC Entertainment these days I wouldn't be surprised if he was pushing for his version.

Catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #27
Changeling
Banned User

Default Re: So now that Brainiac will be in the movie,which version of him should be use?

How can you think Brainiac is lame?! Brainiac and Luthor are Superman's greatest foes!

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:39 PM   #28
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

TAS version......Definitlely.

Goyer is smart enough to do this.

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

NotFadeAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #29
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman View Post

Since Johns is running the creative side of DC Entertainment these days I wouldn't be surprised if he was pushing for his version.
Well his version is the latest version and if its the one that comic book fans prefer over the others, why not use it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
In STAS he is the reason they couldn't escape. He is the indirect cause of Kryptons destruction due to his own yearning for survival.
I know, i was asking about the comics Brainiac.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:45 PM   #30
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Well his version is the latest version and if its the one that comic book fans prefer over the others, why not use it? I know, i was asking about the comics Brainiac.
Which version?

Because we got Silver, Gold, and Modern age. Do a quick wiki search, they have a pretty basic summarization of each version.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:50 PM   #31
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Modern version written by Johns.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:09 PM   #32
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Modern version written by Johns is badass... I love it. That's my pick as well.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #33
Ceb-Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
I like the version in the comics now
I would love to see the Geoff Johns.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #34
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Honestly I would like to see a blend of the STAS Brainiac and the Geoff Johns Brainiac.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:51 PM   #35
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yup like i said i want to see stas version but they could probably thrown in a bit of johns modern brainiac too.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #36
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Both the STAS version and the current comic version have ties to krypton. In STAS he was actually created by kryptonians. In the current comic version he attacked krypton, killed lots of citizens, zod's forces tried to fight them off unsuccessfullly, then he captured the Kandor. They're not sure if he had anything to do with the direct destruction of krypton, but that's his mo, he steals a portion of a planet, to have they're knowledge directly linked to his brain then destroys the planet. I'd like to see either version as they're motivations are similar.

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #37
GreenKToo
In the fire

I don't really mind which version they use as long as Hugo Weaving plays him.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #38
Octoberist
point blank

besides the outfit and the body builder bod (I prefer Brainiac to be meek looking), I like Geoff Johns' version of Brainiac.

Post-Superman the animated series, I was SHOCKED how Brainiac wasn't used more often in the comics. Especially he was one of the better villains on the show. It wasn't until Johns' awesome arc about his return that made him a big threat against Superman again.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:17 PM   #39
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Coluan mastermind intent on consuming all knowledge. With the script teasers I'm guessing the internet is his way into doing that which drives people back to the print media afterwards.

I think a lot of Johns' version is to allow for B5 in Legion continuity which I don't think this movie will have to deal with so liberties can be taken.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #40
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

I hope they go with the John's version seeing as how he combined the best elements from the animated series and the comics. I wasn't crazy about the new design at first but its grown on me, has anyone seen the action figure of it, looks really good and gives you an idea of how he could look.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:32 PM   #41
Octoberist
point blank

keep in mind that Goyer's friends with Geoff Johns so..

Old 02-24-2010, 11:41 PM   #42
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

so do you guys want to see a biological being brainiac, a robotic brainiac, or maybe a mixture of both?

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-24-2010, 11:54 PM   #43
SuperDaniel
Banned User

Robot. The total opposite of Superman. Cold, emotionless, see his race as superior.

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:57 PM   #44
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Yea i would pefer to see robot one too. Then maybe say if brainiac is destroyed(lead to be destroyed) lex takes some brainiac samples and that could lead us to him using brainaic tech for metallo and maybe work on battlesuit???

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-25-2010, 05:54 AM   #45
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
I hope they go with the John's version seeing as how he combined the best elements from the animated series and the comics. I wasn't crazy about the new design at first but its grown on me, has anyone seen the action figure of it, looks really good and gives you an idea of how he could look.

There's an action figure?!!!! Show me

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #46
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
besides the outfit and the body builder bod (I prefer Brainiac to be meek looking), I like Geoff Johns' version of Brainiac.

Post-Superman the animated series, I was SHOCKED how Brainiac wasn't used more often in the comics. Especially he was one of the better villains on the show. It wasn't until Johns' awesome arc about his return that made him a big threat against Superman again.
Agreed. I hate Smallville but the guy they cast as Brainiac so freaking amazing at it! He was pretty short and thin but he was so sinister and android-looking!

Old 02-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #47
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
FTW

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #48
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Agreed. I hate Smallville but the guy they cast as Brainiac so freaking amazing at it! He was pretty short and thin but he was so sinister and android-looking!
Yeah I like James Marsters. Although DB:E has kind of tainted his chances I think.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #49
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Paul Bettany would be one of my choices for Brainiac.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #50
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Superman View Post
Paul Bettany would be one of my choices for Brainiac.
He infiltrates Earth as Ironman's AI butler Jarvis before launching his full scale attack.