The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 02-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #51
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Default Re: So now that Brainiac will be in the movie,which version of him should be use?

I don't know how many of you actually read the comics but the reveal of the "bodybuilder" body was quite a shocker when reading the story and was designed for that purpose. While directly connected to his "bio-shell" ie his ship and it's links to all the civilazations it also fed his body. Once defeated by superman and disconnected his body began to atrophy. So now he looks more like people are used to. The other great thing about the comic version is that he uses robotic brainiac bots to do his bidding. The attacked krypton visciously in Action comics and krypton had no defenses against them.

That's one reason like to see some of him incorporated as you get the best of both world's. You can use the robotic versions all you want and see a more organic brainiac as well.

Here's when they attacked krypton:

Here's him before he exited his bioshell revealing his body (as seen in the first pic i posted)

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #52
JAKŪ
Upstart

Default Re: So now that Brainiac will be in the movie,which version of him should be use?

I liked this design most.

JAKŪ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:29 PM   #53
kalelkilla
Side-Kick

Brainiac is the best villain to choose because he HAS so many incarnations and is threatening in so many different ways. I wouldn't be surprised if the Brainiac in the movie is constantly changing his form to adapt to his surroundings and adapting to kill Superman.

kalelkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #54
protocida
Side-Kick

Modern Brainiac's bio:

Quote:
Brainiac is a powerful living computer created by the Coluans to colect all knowledge and information in the Universe. He goes from planet to planet, attacking it with his robotic probes, miniaturizing and collecting a city and destroying the rest of planet to prevent his info of being shared by exploding the planet's nearest sun. Krypton was one of the planets Brainiac captured, miniaturizing the city of Kandor and sending one of his missiles into Krypton's red sun's core.

One day, Brainiac found out Kryptonian scientists Zor-El and Allura reverse engineered one of his probes and created a force field arround Argo City, saving thousands of Kryptonians. He tracked down the probe and attacked Argo, killing millions and transporting the few survivers to Kandor. The only one who escaped was Zor-El's daughter, Kara.

Brainiac also found out that a Kryptonian baby called Kal-El was send to Earth by his father, Jor-El, and sent his minions to find him. His first probe merged with psychic Milton Fine, who, because of his own psycologhical problems, mixed with the probe's programation, believed himself to be Querl Dox, executioned Coluan whose conscience survived and found it's way to Earth in search of a powerful body to unhabit. Superman fough and defeated Fine, the first of a long list of probes that identified themselves as Brainiac in order to lure and exterminate the Last Son of Krypton, but always failed.

Finally, Superman faced off with the real Brainiac, saved Metropolis of being colected, Earth from being destroyed and also found and deminiaturized Kandor in North Pole. Brainiac was defeated, the energy cocoon that fed his body of the shrunken cities was destroyed and he was captured by Project 7734 held by General Sam Lane to destroy Superman. Lex Luthor managed to break Brainiac's firewall and use his information and knowledge to create a set of anti-Kryptonian weapons. His ship was collected by the Kandorians, but during their confrontation with the JLA, JSA and the Teen Titans, it was stolen and send to Luthor, who had acess not only to its database, but also to the shrunken cities.

Last edited by protocida; 02-25-2010 at 01:50 PM.
protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #55
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

daybreak they posted the pics on dc directs website if I'm not mistaken, sorry I don't know how to post pics but it was just announced in teh past solicits which you can find on newsarama too. I prefer they don't go with the robot design, I like the current design, even if the costume isnt the same I like the green skin version with plugs on his head.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #56
Octoberist
point blank

to be fair, he's always been a robot but in most case with humanoid features.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #57
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I don't really mind which version they use as long as Hugo Weaving plays him.
Definitely agree 100%

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #58
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

well since they have many ways to go they could mix some together.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #59
Changeling
Banned User

Although the Geoff Johns story is interesting, I think STAS is such a better origin. The Geoff Johns one seems pretty lame in comparison, and its pretty lame that never fought the real Brainiac before. STAS ftw. New look though

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #60
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
Although the Geoff Johns story is interesting, I think STAS is such a better origin. The Geoff Johns one seems pretty lame in comparison, and its pretty lame that never fought the real Brainiac before. STAS ftw. New look though
Agreed.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #61
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
Have you actually read the 6 issue story arc? I'd hardly call it lame. It's pretty solid read, and adds an element of fear and intimidation to brainiac that i think previous versions lacked. It also ended with the death of Pa Kent. If you want to bring him alive and well then kill him off in a story like this would be interesting. Not advocating this version, but i do like it quite a bit, can't say it's better than STAS though, that version was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
daybreak they posted the pics on dc directs website if I'm not mistaken, sorry I don't know how to post pics but it was just announced in teh past solicits which you can find on newsarama too. I prefer they don't go with the robot design, I like the current design, even if the costume isnt the same I like the green skin version with plugs on his head.
Thanks so much for the info. I went to the site and almost overdosed on action figure awesomeness Check them out guys:

Here's some of the others:

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #62
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Love the Brainiac figure, but when will they make a Gary Frank Superman figure?

Old 02-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #63
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKŪ View Post

I liked this design most.
Yeah, I believe this is the design in Our Worlds At War?

This is the version I have liked best so far personally.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #64
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Yeah, I believe this is the design in Our Worlds At War?

This is the version I have liked best so far personally.
really? I think he looks like a lame ass He-Man villain

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #65
Dark Knight
Banned User

Geoff Johns darker and creepier version of Braniac should be used thank you very much!

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #66
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

This version has definately grown on me and I would really like to see it in the film. Not to mention having his robot probs gives the opportunity for superman to really let loose and it makes for great action without him actually killing anything.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #67
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post

This version has definately grown on me and I would really like to see it in the film. Not to mention having his robot probs gives the opportunity for superman to really let loose and it makes for great action without him actually killing anything.

Exactly!

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #68
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Superman View Post
Paul Bettany would be one of my choices for Brainiac.
Very good choice.

Hugo Weaving has just done too much IMO...comes with some baggage....too many Similarities to the cold agent Smith.

I prefer a thin Brainiack with energized telekenetic abilities. I wouldn't mind elements of the TAS version I think a Biomechanical element showing through would be very interesting.

I also wouldn't mind the idea of the super CPU taking control of a human, not sure we need the green skinned alien body.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #69
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

That Johns picture of Braniac would be awesome. I'm not a huge fan of the character, I guess it's because he bored and annoyed me in STAS and JL.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #70
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

I like to see a combination of both S:TAS version & Johns's version. And the action figure of him look better than from the comics. I think his costume should have a minor tweak though. Other than that, that a great look of him.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #71
JokerLedger
Side-Kick

They should make him look like an organic robot...
Like... A robot with visible organs or something cool like that.

JokerLedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #72
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerLedger View Post
They should make him look like an organic robot...
Like... A robot with visible organs or something cool like that.
I prefer not seeing an visible organs in his body. Might seem a little too Frankenstein there. Also, how a Superman film going to get a PG-13 rating or how can they make it without scaring kids whenever they see his visible organs??

Old 02-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #73
Micah12345
Side-Kick

The Red Son incarnation of brainiac has always been my favorite, and I would love it if they did something like that.

If not, then I'd prefer the geoff johns version.

Those are by far the most threatening and intimidating incarnations of brainiac to date.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:10 PM   #74
Kurosawa
Banned User

My beef with TAS Brainiac is that if he is responsible for the extermination of the Kryptonian race, then he is Joe Chill on a planetary scale which makes Superman's clash with him the "you killed my ______" bit which is just soooo tired, lame, cliched and hackneyed. I would rather Krypton's destruction be of natural causes and their races demise to be due to their unwillingness to listen to Jor-El. The most I would want to see Brainiac worked into the Death of Krypton would be if his shrinking of Kandor (which was the capitol) took away people who would have heeded Jor-El's warning.

As for which version/visual, Robotic Coluan all the way. You want the creepy green skin and the electrodes. Alien looking version could be incorporated in some way too.

Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:13 PM   #75
Octoberist
point blank

i often wonder what was the reason for Brainiac's stupid design back in the Silver age. Who designed his outfit?

You know.. that pink collared pollo shirt with the speedo. Even back then if I was alive, I would be like "Yuck".