The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 03-02-2010, 03:58 AM   #101
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: So now that Brainiac will be in the movie,which version of him should be use?

Thats a cool look.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:56 AM   #102
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

Default Re: So now that Brainiac will be in the movie,which version of him should be use?

Brainiack should slowly evolve into something terrifying to look at.

Gieger helped create one of the most Iconic Alien designs ever. Biomech is the way to go.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:10 AM   #103
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weadazoid View Post
Brainiack should slowly evolve into something terrifying to look at.

Gieger helped create one of the most Iconic Alien designs ever. Biomech is the way to go.
Maybe he rebuilds himself throughout the film and by the end he shows up looking terrifying.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:45 AM   #104
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
To store the knowledge of the world he had just invaded and destroyed.
I always thought the animated series invented that MO.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:09 PM   #105
Kurosawa
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
I always thought the animated series invented that MO.
Pre-Crisis? He shrunk cities to populate a planet that he would rule. Why steal cities instead of just conquering a planet? So he could steal cities and have them in bottles, I guess. After his defeat by Superman his motivation was to defeat Supes obviously.

Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #106
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_W View Post
This concept art of Brainiac from a failed Superman game looks interesting.

I really like the basic idea behind. i really do!

Old 03-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #107
Changeling
Banned User

Its cool but not very Brainiac looking. I'd like a combination STAS and General Grievous for Brainiac

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #108
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

How about his DCAU look for the movie?

Old 03-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #109
Cain
"West West Y'all"

The one that's used in the comics now, a modern spin on pre-crisis Brainiac, none of that animated series kryptonian A.I. stuff, no thanks.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:51 AM   #110
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea as i said i wouldnt mind going full robot look, or a biomechnical being like borg from star trek.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:54 AM   #111
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

So Brainiac is confirmed for the first movie? I haven't paid much attention to Superman news for awhile.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:57 AM   #112
rocco2216
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
So Brainiac is confirmed for the first movie? I haven't paid much attention to Superman news for awhile.
It's going to be Brainiac and Lex Luthor.

rocco2216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:59 AM   #113
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco2216 View Post
It's going to be Brainiac and Lex Luthor.

That's good news. I'm actually more excited for this than the Spider-Man reboot. Has there been a release date annouced?

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:20 AM   #114
rocco2216
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
That's good news. I'm actually more excited for this than the Spider-Man reboot. Has there been a release date annouced?
Nope, not yet

rocco2216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:05 PM   #115
Dagoods
Side-Kick

THIS!!!

Dagoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:07 PM   #116
Dagoods
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Yeah, I believe this is the design in Our Worlds At War?

This is the version I have liked best so far personally.

This version reminds me of this guy:

Last edited by Dagoods; 03-03-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Dagoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #117
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
Pre-Crisis? He shrunk cities to populate a planet that he would rule. Why steal cities instead of just conquering a planet? So he could steal cities and have them in bottles, I guess. After his defeat by Superman his motivation was to defeat Supes obviously.
So they never gave a new reason for his city-collecting once they retconned him? Oh well. I guess then what I'd like to see is a STAS style Brainiac, absorbing all the information from a world and then destroying it, except have him be from Colu. I just think that the character should retain atleast some of his comic background. And even then, he could still be responsible for Krypton's destruction, possibly tampering with Jor-El's findings so that they wouldn't try to evacuate.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:12 AM   #118
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

well that is why i would go with a mixture of colu and kryptonian/STAS take.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-05-2010, 12:56 PM   #119
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoods View Post

THIS!!!
Definately think they should use this version instead of the robot because it makes him a lot creepier. The way they did silver surfer in fantastic four reminds me of brainiac. Especially when it was just the make up and not CG, you colour that green and put those plugs on his head, it would look great. Someone should do a manip if they could.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #120
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea i would perfer to go with a real actor in makeup/costume-posthestic suit. Over it being a full on cgi character.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #121
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

I like the design of the Johns/Frank Brainiac too. I like the scenes of Kandor being bottled by Brainiac's robots in those comics. Those robot probes would look cool in a movie.

Maybe all the current comic stuff, with Brainiac, Kandor, Zod, New Krypton etc. is the "huge Kryptonian mythology" the rumors are referring to. If there really is no origin then they still have reason to show Krypton- the Brainiac flashbacks- and can still explore the mythology if Kandor is restored.

Still, I wouldn't mind exploration of Krypton life before it exploded, like in Byrne's version.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #122
JStorm
Arkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoods View Post

THIS!!!
Agreed.

I can't name a single comic, other than this one, in which I have a solid memory of Brainiac.

JStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #123
Nightwing1983
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.A.D View Post
For now I'll go with the Return Brainiac,I don't know much about the other ones,I'd also settle for the bronze age one or a combination of them both.
I'd go with a combination of the Animated Series (in terms of what he does and how he does it), the '90s Brainiac (his normal appearance) and the '83-'86 Brainiac (as a battle body or something cuz it looked awesome).

It should be established early on that in that body at-least, that should he and Superman come to blows, he could really hurt our hero just like Darkseid or Doomsday.

Nightwing1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #124
Nightwing1983
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_W View Post
This concept art of Brainiac from a failed Superman game looks interesting.

Of course, this can also work.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #125
Nightwing1983
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
My beef with TAS Brainiac is that if he is responsible for the extermination of the Kryptonian race, then he is Joe Chill on a planetary scale which makes Superman's clash with him the "you killed my ______" bit which is just soooo tired, lame, cliched and hackneyed. I would rather Krypton's destruction be of natural causes and their races demise to be due to their unwillingness to listen to Jor-El. The most I would want to see Brainiac worked into the Death of Krypton would be if his shrinking of Kandor (which was the capitol) took away people who would have heeded Jor-El's warning.

As for which version/visual, Robotic Coluan all the way. You want the creepy green skin and the electrodes. Alien looking version could be incorporated in some way too.
I know a lot of people would disagree with me on this, but I actually kind-of like when they do that. I mean, in Batman, when they made the Joker the guy who killed the Waynes, I wasn't bothered so much by that, but by how they did so little with it. "You made me/ I made you." Woo.