The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 03-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #151
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Default Re: So now that Brainiac will be in the movie,which version of him should be use?

I'm with anybody who says Johns/Frank Brainiac the current version is simply the best because it took the convoluted mess that was Brainiac's comic book history and completely made it make sense. A lot of you are missing out on some great comics since you obviously did not read last year's "Brainiac" arc.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:53 PM   #152
The ?ion
Rating: Know It All

Default Re: So now that Brainiac will be in the movie,which version of him should be use?

I was very close to picking up the trade for it. It is only $14.99. Unfortunately, it didn't look too meaty for that price. It was pretty thin. I still want to read Red Son first and that is $24.99. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

The ?ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:00 AM   #153
Cain
"West West Y'all"

I got the single issues and spent about the same amount of money considering it was 5 issues at 3 bucks a pop, it was most definitely completely worth the money. I encourage anybody who ever liked Superman to buy it ASAP. Red Son is good too (I think $25 is a bit much though) but Brainiac is a great jumping on point for anybody not familiar with the current continuity and all & one of the greatest pieces of Superman fiction I've read in my 20 plus years of following the character. Up there with some of my all time faves like Action Comics #775, For The Man Who Has Everything and Exile.

Last edited by Cain; 03-21-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #154
The ?ion
Rating: Know It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I got the single issues and spent about the same amount of money considering it was 5 issues at 3 bucks a pop, it was most definitely completely worth the money. I encourage anybody who ever liked Superman to buy it ASAP. Red Son is good too (I think $25 is a bit much though) but Brainiac is a great jumping on point for anybody not familiar with the current continuity and all.
I will take that recommendation into consideration. I agree. Red Son is so pricey, even for a hard bound edition. $25 just seems like too much for so few pages, even if it does have art and colored pages.

The ?ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:39 AM   #155
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

What about the version of Brainiac you see in "Justice League: Unlimited" and Alan Moore's "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?", where he secretly takes over Lex Luthor's body and controls him until finally revealing himself?

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #156
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

well if it does really end up being brainaic which i really like to see. i hope we get a cool look for him, and a good backstory for him that has what we fans want to see out of the character.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote