The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 02-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Th Smile Would you want an Animated Tie-in for Man of Steel?

I was just thinking if they're going with an already established Superman they could go the route of the Animatrix and Gotham Knight, by doing an animated tie-in for Superman.

It could follow the same format of multiple short stories designed to catch us all up on this new version of superman and some of his early adventures, etc.

It all depends on where the movie picks up, has he been superman a few years? Months? Days? or will the movie show him first arriving in metropolis?

While i hope the movie(s) eventually show us the final fate of krypton they could easily devout and entire segement of the animated tie-in to the final days of krypton and then another to his arrival/early years in smallville.

I don't know what do you guys think?

Last edited by Daybreak_st; 02-25-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Default Re: Would you want an Animated Tie-in for Man of Steel?

I wouldn't mind an animated origin of this Superman leading up to the beginning of the live action film. The short story idea sounds pretty cool (I like Gotham Knight myself).

Old 02-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Yeah an animated tie-in could be fun, I say go for it, maybe do what they did with Gotham Knight and have several animations done in various different styles.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

it would be a good way to go about things if there is totally no origin stuff seen ie krypton or smallville life. But since we dont really know how they will be taking characters yet. Like will it be a superman that has been around for a few yrs around and is a big name..... Then yes i would like to see a tie in. But if we are starting up with a fresh new superman maybe just newly starting to fight crime in the city and starting a life at the planet then no we dont really need a tie in.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
GreenKToo
In the fire

Yup. If its an established Superman film, then I want an animated film showing his origin.
You could show Krypton in all its glory, smallville scenes with him learning his powers, then on to traveling the world and eventually ending up at Metropolis.
And please, dont make it on the cheap ( Brainiac attacks)

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I want to see something like SW:CW

Old 02-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #7
GreenKToo
In the fire

There are all kinds of things you could do..like using the actual actors voices in the live action film in the animated film as well.
Also, Have things happen in the animated film that also have meaning in the live action film.. Like Luthor meeting Superman in the animated film for the first time and why he hates him so much.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Yup. If its an established Superman film, then I want an animated film showing his origin.
You could show Krypton in all its glory, smallville scenes with him learning his powers, then on to traveling the world and eventually ending up at Metropolis.
And please, dont make it on the cheap ( Brainiac attacks)

yeah i totally agree about the quality. Just look at the Animatrix and Batman: Gotham Knight, very high quality with solid animation from a variety of directors and studios, that would give it a really fresh feel imo as we haven't seen that treatment of supes before.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #9
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

well for me i still hope we get to see supes/lex first meet, and him starting life in metropolis and going public as supes. Then if their is anything for a prequel dtv thing it would be for krypton stuff. but if they cant really do krypton in live action i would figure it would be off limits in animated form too?

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #10
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Well since Superman: Doomsday all the DC DTV's have been good quality, in my opinion the best was Green Lantern that looked stunning.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:07 PM   #11
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I would love a animated DTV tie-in for the new movie. Hell, I'd love a new animated series too...

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #12
Changeling
Banned User

I'd love a tie in. Hell, a new series would be even better.

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:58 PM   #13
Michael Corleone
Don Corleone

I would love to see the Anime community take a crack at the character. Especially the different interpretations on the suit and personality.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science"
Albert Einstein

Michael Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #14
Changeling
Banned User

I dont like anime much at all. And havent seen Gotham Knight, so Id much rather see just a straight up DTV tie in

Old 02-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #15
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I think Anime works much better with Batman than it would with Superman, but maybe that's just me. If there was to be an animated prequel to the reboot, I'd much rather it be in traditional animation, like the recent DC Universe DTVs.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #16
Changeling
Banned User

Agreed, Sawyer

Old 02-25-2010, 06:59 PM   #17
Michael Corleone
Don Corleone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
I dont like anime much at all. And havent seen Gotham Knight, so Id much rather see just a straight up DTV tie in
To be perfectly honest the DC Animated Universe stuff is awful. It's cheap and easy and that's why they use it. There hasn't been any growth in their style for some time and what little changes they make it usually ends up making it worse. They certainly can't hold a candle to the experimentation with CG and traditional animation. While the stories have been decent, the animation has been sub par and resting on past accomplishments.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science"
Albert Einstein

Old 02-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #18
Changeling
Banned User

I agree with the animation. Apparently theres gonna be a GL cgi show in 2011 so maybe they could use that style

Old 02-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #19
Changeling
Banned User

I agree with the animation. Apparently theres gonna be a GL cgi show in 2011 so maybe they could use that style

Old 02-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #20
Michael Corleone
Don Corleone

Quote:
I mean don't get me wrong I appreciate what they have done, but it really is done from an economical point of view rather than pushing the style of their animation. The biggest leap coming with the Last Frontier film. It made a nice effort to adopt the style of Cooke's work.

Gotham Knight was great simply because I enjoy seeing the different interpretations each animator comes up with. It's outside the safe zone and yes some fail, but some also succeed and that's what I like to see. It's a way to explore the more extreme deviations of the character without doing so for the sake of change.

Albert Einstein

Old 02-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #21
Alonsovich
Schumacher's Spider-man

It's not that I want it... there IS going to be one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBats
Does it disgust anyone that when we were being born, our penises were technically in our mother's vaginas? Isn't that disgusting?
Alonsovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #22
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Corleone View Post
I mean don't get me wrong I appreciate what they have done, but it really is done from an economical point of view rather than pushing the style of their animation. The biggest leap coming with the Last Frontier film. It made a nice effort to adopt the style of Cooke's work.

Gotham Knight was great simply because I enjoy seeing the different interpretations each animator comes up with. It's outside the safe zone and yes some fail, but some also succeed and that's what I like to see. It's a way to explore the more extreme deviations of the character without doing so for the sake of change.

I loved the style in Green Lantern first flight and the latest movie Crisis on Earth 2, but i agree, i'd love to see Krypton done with an anime style. I really enjoyed artistically Gotham Knight the most, but i'm big into animation too so maybe that's why.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #23
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd love a tie in. Hell, a new series would be even better.
Big yes!

SuperMike335!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #24
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Moderator

I personally think that it would be a "swell" idea. They could touch on the origin in the animated movie, plus have Routh voice Ck/SM, and then the live action movie could be from the time that he starts with the Daily Planet. I dunno how they will do it, but I think that it's inevitable that it will happen.

Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #25
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

I doubt they would do that, if there was an animated tie in thing, it would probably use who ever is cast in the film. Though as i said i would like a tie to show origins if there is totally no origin stuff told in this reboot at all. But if we do get a few details on origin stuff in the film. Then i dont really see the need for it.

www.ItsJustMovies.com