The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 02-27-2010, 04:50 AM   #51
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: Superman Director Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I know that if this Jonah Nolan rumor pans out, I know one non-SHH! forum mod is going to go apes*** over this news (relax, it's no one on the board, it's a Toku/Sentai/PR forum). And not in a good way -- he hated C.Nolan's Batman movies and says that Nolan's shepherding the Superman franchise will be ruined like the Batman series was.
stupid fanboys need to realize that they need to speak for themselves when they say stuff like that. they don't speak for the community or the public consensus .

Old 02-27-2010, 05:08 AM   #52
Christopher Nolan
Banned User

time for warner bros. to confirm oder deny some of these rumours.

Christopher Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:08 AM   #53
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenReilly19 View Post
Goyer's been confirmed. Both trades have confirmed it.
WB's and/or Goyer haven't confirmed it though, so its still unconfirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Nolan View Post
time for warner bros. to confirm oder deny some of these rumours.
Like I've said before they could really build some bridges with the fans if they were honest about this stuff.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:36 AM   #54
Micah12345
Side-Kick

If you told me 2 years ago that the nolans were going to be involved in the next superman movie, I would never have believed you.

This is pretty awesome lol.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:05 AM   #55
Scarlet Spider
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
WB's and/or Goyer haven't confirmed it though, so its still unconfirmed.
A trade break is pretty much the same as a studio confirmation. In this case, the studio didn't want the news to get out this early. If it wasn't true, WB wouldn't have been insisting on finding out who Latino Review's sources are.

Scarlet Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:46 AM   #56
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
DREW 12 hours ago in reply to ojex

Jonah Nolan did a foreward to a dc graphic novel superman /Batman the search for kryptonite

"They're strange drinking pals, these two. Neither of them drinks, first off: Superman because he's too decent, and Batman because, welll ---- would a sledgehammer drink? Other than that, they have almost nothing in common. One of them is a god: the other is just a seriously angry mortal. One of them pretends to be a farm boy; the other pretends to be a wealthy bachelor. They're born heroes, but one of them dresses the part and the other dresses, to be honest, like a villian.

Full disclosure: I'm a little biased. I get a paycheck working for one of these guys, and it's not the Boy Scout. (I'm going to take Michael Green at his word with that Lance, the bottle-blond Batman, is no dig at any film set I've ever worked on.)

My preference aside, it's good to see these guys palling around together. Frankly, if they weren't friends with each other, I'm not sure either of them would have friends. Besides, they complement each other nicely, the idealist and the pragmatist -- the national mascot and the vigilante.

Who else could the Man of Steel turn to for help ridding the earth of the only substance that can harm him? And who else would help him, even knowing, as Bats surely does, that it's an impossible task?

Impossible? Well, even if someone else wasn't hoarding kryptonite -- no, I'm not spoiling it, and so you'll have to keep reading -- there's always that one last nugget, sealed in a lead box, buried under a desk at DC Comics.

The ultimate betrayal? Sorry, Superman. But how the hell is anyone supposed to write stories about a guy without a single solitary weakness?

Now that the Man of Tomorrow has any right to complain -- he's in expert hands here. Artist Shane Dvis could give you a concussion with that pencil of his. I recommend borrowing a car to read the sequence where Superman gets punted through a corn elevator -- you're going to need the seatbelt. Michael Green and Mike Johnson know both of these heroes to a T. Want proof? Skip to the moment that Superman, still recovering from getting worked over, complains that no one ever seems to get the drop on Batman. Or skip to the last panel. Or just take my word for it.

World's finest? Damn straight. My only regret? We don't get a chance to see these guys tussle with each other a bit.

But I guess we all know who'd win that one.

--Jonah Nolan July 2008"
Thanks to aNDREW

http://screenrant.com/chris-nolan-ju...ot-kofi-46796/

Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:02 AM   #57
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenReilly19 View Post
A trade break is pretty much the same as a studio confirmation. In this case, the studio didn't want the news to get out this early. If it wasn't true, WB wouldn't have been insisting on finding out who Latino Review's sources are.
You can't blame me for been skeptical though. I'll believe it fully if its confirmed by the studio or Goyer himself.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:08 AM   #58
Darth Nata
Side-Kick

If The Man of Steel is going to come out in 2013 maybe Jonah Nolan will make his directing debut before then as there is still time to do that in the next year or so

Darth Nata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #59
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
stupid fanboys need to realize that they need to speak for themselves when they say stuff like that. they don't speak for the community or the public consensus .
I'm with you man. I wince a bit when I see things saying we, us, the members of the forum, etc. I would much prefer people owning their opinions rather than couching it in consensus.

ChickenScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #60
Blackman
C'mon Son

Im liking that WB is getting their sh** together
But Im nervous that their getting nobody directors for their projects. Im sure their are some bigger directors who would like to do these projects
C.Nolan and Marc Webb hadnt done big budget action films before getting their respective Superhero films, but at least they have critical acclaim for their work

Last edited by Blackman; 02-27-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:08 AM   #61
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Ya know the whole Nolan doing JL has me thinking this is BS. Why would he commit to a film he wouldn't be making for years?

Old 02-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #62
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerLedger View Post
I disagree with this. If the Nolan's and Goyer are involved in the Superman reboot, from this point foward everything connects to Nolan's Bat-universe. They're trying to build up to a Justice League movie... this is inevitable. Therefore yes, I do mean Nolan's Bruce.
But if he does, it's a huge contradiction to everything Nolan did in BB and TDK, when he specifically stated that his Batman was self contained. And he just throws it all out. Those soon to be seven years of Nolan Batman films when he is self contained was for nothing? It just goes to JL? It's ****ing stupid. Nolan knows better than that.

I disagree with Octerberist too. The whole idea of Batman makes it believable and possible for anyone to become a superhero. Nolan used this with his plausibility and made the whole creation of the superhero Bruce's. If Nolan's Batman joins the JL, it's a huge contradiction to the idea of Nolan's films. I just don't see it happening, nor do I ever want it to happen. I'd rather have JL film without Batman. Not just Nolan's Batman in space bothers me, but Batman in general in space does.

Last edited by Doctor Jones; 02-27-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #63
Crook
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
But if he does, it's a huge contradiction to everything Nolan did in BB and TDK, when he specifically stated that his Batman was self contained. And he just throws it all out. Those soon to be seven years of Nolan Batman films when he is self contained was for nothing? It just goes to JL? It's ****ing stupid. Nolan knows better than that.
It's a contradiction of his words of opinion, which is separate from the movie. He's also remarked that Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon are both in a crib somewhere in Gotham. Guess what, if in B3 they're both teen adults, that doesn't at all contradict what was shown in the films. That's all that matters here.

And it's silly to criticize Nolan for "backtracking" on something he's said 3 years ago. I'm damn sure none of us haven't changed our positions at one point, which could be made out to look hypocritical.

Crook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #64
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Maybe he feels he owes them for letting him make Inception

Old 02-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #65
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Not really. I think the only agreement they made was that if WB let Nolan make Inception, he had to make Batman 3. Right now, Nolan is at a point where he doesn't even need to make Batman 3. But he is anyway, which I'm glad.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #66
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

i still think with the right story they could have nolan's batman easily work with other characters. Like he was the first costumed hero, and the more crazier stuff just wasnt happening out in the public just yet or not even there on the planet.

As for wb i do really want things to be finally on the up and up with dc movies. And if we got more truthful news and press releases and all that. It would so make many fans happy.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #67
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
i still think with the right story they could have nolan's batman easily work with other characters. Like he was the first costumed hero, and the more crazier stuff just wasnt happening out in the public just yet or not even there on the planet.

As for wb i do really want things to be finally on the up and up with dc movies. And if we got more truthful news and press releases and all that. It would so make many fans happy.
Yeah this makes the whole Escaltion thing at the end of the first movie mean even more. I always thought it was better when Batman was the first of the costumed heroes.

Yeah they would really do themselves a HUGE favour to confirm (or deny) something. Fans would probably be more trusting of them.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #68
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Totally if they want us fans/general audiences to know things are much different now then how things were before. Confirming and making official press releases and interviews with nolans, greg, etc.... folks involved would be great. But i guess they have their reasons right now with staying mute.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-27-2010, 01:50 PM   #69
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Totally if they want us fans/general audiences to know things are much different now then how things were before. Confirming and making official press releases and interviews with nolans, greg, etc.... folks involved would be great. But i guess they have their reasons right now with staying mute.
Well maybe nothing is finalised yet or what is is only very small. They probably don't want to get our hopes up.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #70
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

sure that could likely be the case. But i was just saying in general it would be nice to know things are really changing and not being in this oh say this is happening and then nothing pans out.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #71
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
sure that could likely be the case. But i was just saying in general it would be nice to know things are really changing and not being in this oh say this is happening and then nothing pans out.
I'm with you mate, I'm actually quite worried this will all turn out to be false. But lets hope not eh?

Old 02-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #72
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea i hope it doesnt end up being BS cause it would really make DCE look like a foolish endenver and all that.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #73
Dark Knight
Banned User

Now that WB's woke the hell up and killed that abomination of a Justice League Mortals film helmed by Miller, when we would have seen a different Batman existing next to Nolans Batman universe.

WB's finally has created a solid team with the DCE......and Nolan is a great storyteller, craftsman and director.

Nolan and his team would know how to tell a great Justice League film onscreen....he has the talent to do it and with Johns and Lee working with him on the creative side of things from DCE and other comic fanboys like Goyer and Jonah involved. The sky is the limit now....potentially.

The only thing that worried me a bit is Jonah Nolan POSSIBLY making his directorial film debut with this important Man Of Steel Supes film?

Meh....I would rather see a director who has some more experience behind the lense directing the film and working with Chris Nolan as Exec Producer.

I compare this to what occurred with the GL film. Berlanti was the original man assigned to direct, but I and others worried that WB's should be hiring an experienced director for such an important film like GL. WB's ended up wisening up and bringing in Campbell to direct while Berlanti would still be a producer.

Now Berlanti seems like the front runner for another DC hero film with The Flash, which would seem like a better fit for him. The same process and path should be taken with Jonah IMO.

Perhaps Jonah Nolan can be given a shot at directing the Wonder Woman film or the Green Arrow SuperMax film to get his feet wet?

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #74
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Now that WB's woke the hell up and killed that abomination of a Justice League Mortals film helmed by Miller, when we would have seen a different Batman existing next to Nolans Batman universe.

WB's finally has created a solid team with the DCE......and Nolan is a great storyteller, craftsman and director.

Nolan and his team would know how to tell a great Justice League film onscreen....he has the talent to do it and with Johns and Lee working with him on the creative side of things from DCE and other comic fanboys like Goyer and Jonah involved. The sky is the limit now....potentially.

The only thing that worried me a bit is Jonah Nolan POSSIBLY making his directorial film debut with this important Man Of Steel Supes film?

Meh....I would rather see a director who has some more experience behind the lense directing the film and working with Chris Nolan as Exec Producer.

I compare this to what occurred with the GL film. Berlanti was the original man assigned to direct, but I and others worried that WB's should be hiring an experienced director for such an important film like GL. WB's ended up wisening up and bringing in Campbell to direct while Berlanti would still be a producer.

Now Berlanti seems like the front runner for another DC hero film with The Flash, which would seem like a better fit for him. The same process and path should be taken with Jonah IMO.

Perhaps Jonah Nolan can be given a shot at directing the Wonder Woman film or the Green Arrow SuperMax film to get his feet wet?
I don't see Nolan DIRECTING a JL movie but a far as overssethe WB's DC projects that I could see.

You never know if Jonah Nolan directs the Superman movie he may hit it out of the park.

If all these DCE rumours are true then Green Arrow: Supermax would certainly fit into the continuity of what they are trying to accomplish.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #75
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

In order to have a JL movie, you first need a decent reboot of Superman to happen. It just doesn't make sense to me to skip use of Nolan and use a rookie on Superman to setup a possible JL (which banks on all these SH's being successful)