The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 08-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #26
Dandy Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: One Piece discussion (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadingCB View Post
I can't wait for the time jump. Don't get me wrong, I've been enjoying the hell outta One Piece, but time jumps usually just make things more awesome lol. Seeing the Straw Hat crew look a bit more mature, everyone meeting up again and showing off some uber badass moves they learned in training...To be honest I never thought One Piece would do a time jump.

Also, even tho I'd like to see some of the training, One Piece is taking a 4 week break so I'm guessing they'll skip the training and come back after the break with the time skip over. They can always flash back to certain moments of training when someones about to pull out this new ultimate move to show off how they learned it.

Also since time breaks, even short ones end up making everyone look more mature (look at Naruto in 3 years time), I wonder how everyone will look. Will Usopp still be a goofy kid? Will Luffy still be lanky and skinny, or buffed up a bit? This 4 week wait is going to be painful lol.

Out of all of The Straw Hats I'm hoping for a huge change for Usopp. Hopefully Oda makes him look more like his father, Yasopp does currently. Sadly I think we're going to lose some fo the hijinks of the crew's immaturity but maybe Oda will introduce a new kind of humor.

Dandy Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #27
sha1243
Side-Kick

Why would the Strawhats lose their immaturity? There personalities is not going to change because there going to be two years order. Franky and Brook is the oldest of Strawhat group and they seem immature to me.
Anyway I like how Oda ended the first part of the story with luffy putting luffy putting the Strawhat down so he can train. It applies that next time we see that at a 19 year old luffy will be picking it up. I cant wait to see how different some of the crew will look cause thought that all of going to be different. Probably Robin and Brook will be mostly the same from part one.

sha1243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:33 AM   #28
Dandy Man
Side-Kick

Well, One Piece is different than say Naruto. We might actually see a change in The Straw Hats in two years especially in Luffy. He's going to need to change indefinetely since he's planning on entering The New World. Remember what Moria said about the New World

Moria also lost his original crew to the Yonkou, Kaidou something that had a profound effect on his out look in life. Luffy already lost something, Ace you have to admit it's going to haunt him and have an effect on his growth in two years.

Anyway, I'm not saying we'll lose all the humor(Franky and Brook might be exactly the same as when then started) I'm just saying it's probably going to be different.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #29
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Subscribing to this thread. I'm slowly catching up, thinking I may even put aside the anime and just read the manga, that should make things faster.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Avangarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #30
Fading
>:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde View Post
Subscribing to this thread. I'm slowly catching up, thinking I may even put aside the anime and just read the manga, that should make things faster.
The manga is very good. It's not uncommon for an anime to try and emulate the manga's style, but sometimes the manga might be sketchy, or lack detail, while the anime may get lazy and lose quality. In this case the manga is just as high quality, if not moreso than the anime.

Now's a good time tho. Not sure if you spoiled yourself or not (If not be careful, this thread is full of them), but One Piece is on a 4 week break atm, and about to time skip ala DB to DBZ, or Naruto to Shippuuden. Tho I get that the manga's kept being called Dragonball and Naruto and only tacked on the Shippuuden and Z for the animes, but you get my point. That does bring up an interesting thought, historically the One Piece anime may get a suffix...One Piece Victory! lol.

Spoilers past this point ----

Not only the Stawhat's, but I wonder what the World Gov changes will be? Buggy a Warlord? Smoker an Vice Admiral? Lotsa potential shake ups. Plus Blackbeard surely will have gained much more territory and power.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #31
Dandy Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadingCB View Post
The manga is very good. It's not uncommon for an anime to try and emulate the manga's style, but sometimes the manga might be sketchy, or lack detail, while the anime may get lazy and lose quality. In this case the manga is just as high quality, if not moreso than the anime.

Now's a good time tho. Not sure if you spoiled yourself or not (If not be careful, this thread is full of them), but One Piece is on a 4 week break atm, and about to time skip ala DB to DBZ, or Naruto to Shippuuden. Tho I get that the manga's kept being called Dragonball and Naruto and only tacked on the Shippuuden and Z for the animes, but you get my point. That does bring up an interesting thought, historically the One Piece anime may get a suffix...One Piece Victory! lol.

Spoilers past this point ----

Not only the Stawhat's, but I wonder what the World Gov changes will be? Buggy a Warlord? Smoker an Vice Admiral? Lotsa potential shake ups. Plus Blackbeard surely will have gained much more territory and power.
According to the WG Blackbeard possessing two devil fruits makes him closer to the empty Yonkou spot. So I Assume like you that he'll gain new territories but he might just claim Whitebeard's territories since he knows more about them than any of the other pirates.

I'm looking forward to the new Shichibukai seeing how Blackbeard resigned, Jinbei's and Moria's were revoked. Also, I'm wondering about the conversation Dragon had with Ivankov concerning Kuma.

One other thing, I don't believe Moria is dead judging by Doflamingo's conversation with a WG official Moria was more than likely saved by Absalom and Hogback since Absalom has the Suke Suke no Mi which makes him and anything he touches invisible.

Last edited by Dandy Man; 09-02-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:42 PM   #32
Fading

I had actually hadn't thought of that, but I bet you're right, thanks for that. I wasn't making the connection with Moria just disappearing fitting his henchman's ability.

As for Kuma, I think he's fully villain now, robbed of free will. Where everyone thought he was an ally at the end there, I bet he actually decimated the fish riders, and confiscated the Stawhat's Sunny. Then the first arc after everyone reunites is trying to get Sunny back. It'd be a good way for everyone to show off the results of their training against some marines, and let the World Gov know the Stawhat crew is back. In fact I'd like for a Pacifista to be guarding it and the Stawhat's to pwn him to show off how much they improved, because pre time skip they barely beat one.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #33
Dandy Man
Side-Kick

Just watched episode 465, Whitebeard unleashed some pwnage on the giant Vice-Admiral Ronse. I saw it in the manga but the anime made it look 10x better.

Last edited by Dandy Man; 09-05-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #34
sha1243
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandy Man View Post
Well, One Piece is different than say Naruto. We might actually see a change in The Straw Hats in two years especially in Luffy. He's going to need to change indefinetely since he's planning on entering The New World. Remember what Moria said about the New World

Moria also lost his original crew to the Yonkou, Kaidou something that had a profound effect on his out look in life. Luffy already lost something, Ace you have to admit it's going to haunt him and have an effect on his growth in two years.

Anyway, I'm not saying we'll lose all the humor(Franky and Brook might be exactly the same as when then started) I'm just saying it's probably going to be different.
So wait are saying that he has to change his personalty because there going in to new world. He doesn't have to change his personalty for that he just needs to get stronger which is why he agreed to train for 2 years with Rayleigh so that he wont lose the people he cares about again. Moria is different from luffy he lost his crew and everybody he cared about cause he wasn't ready for the new world. The straw hats realize that there not strong enough to survive in the new world which is why there training it has nothing to do with their personalities or the way they act in there in the new world but the way they use their abilities and new found strength. Luffy will always remember ace and what happened to him and that is just going to push him harder to protect the people he cares about. If ace death was going to change his personalty oda would showed a hint of that in the chapters but he didn't. I think only ussop is going change in his personalty because he wont be to scared of what he see's in the new world. Look at shanks he probably lost alot more then what luffy lost and he been in the new world and still acts the same but like luffy he gets serious when he wants to.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:38 AM   #35
vindrow
Cipher Pol 9

I cant wait to see how Garp has changed in two years especially how he basically disobeyed orders after Ace was killed.

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations...and you're not in this world to live up to mine. - Bruce Lee
vindrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:57 AM   #36
sha1243
Side-Kick

Garp and Sengoku left the marines they only going to be training the newbies so it will be interesting to see how things have changed for them.

Last edited by sha1243; 09-20-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #37
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

I gotta say, One Piece has an amazing dynamic, so deep.

Oh and Sunji is the best character by far, always makes me laugh.

It's a damn good ride.

Pervert Camel still cracks me up lol

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz

Last edited by Avangarde; 09-22-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #38
Dandy Man
Side-Kick

I agree, Avangarde.

One Piece is the only series I follow with excitement about what's going to happen next.

Naruto and Bleach don't get me excited because the format never changes. Naruto is either all about Sasuke(whom I hate with a passion) or Nauto's ineptitude as a ninja. Then there's Bleach with Ichigo's constant despair about his inner hollow(I know he's finally gotten over it but for a long time it was always the same thing) or Inoue screaming Kurosaki-kun.

As for characters, I love Nico Robin. I like that she has a bit of a macabre side to her. Often pointing out gross or morbid facts from time to time while keeping that same melancholic expression on her face making it seem more creepy(for Usopp and Nami that is). =)

Old 09-28-2010, 07:58 AM   #39
sha1243
Side-Kick

I really like the new designs for the Strawhats DONT CLICK IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 09-30-2010, 08:08 PM   #40
vindrow
Cipher Pol 9

They need to start back up with the manga...I'm going into withdrawls.

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations...and you're not in this world to live up to mine. - Bruce Lee
Old 10-01-2010, 01:45 AM   #41
vindrow
Cipher Pol 9

Just read the new manga and I loved it...I love Usopp's new look and weapons..too bad we didn't get to see Zoro and Frankie in this issue.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:16 AM   #42
nyomrabbit

I haven't been reading the manga because I'm lazy but the anime is pretty darn good, though I really think they need to edit some story out to make the story flow faster haha

nyomrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #43
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

I was quite overwhelmed by the sheer length of One Piece but after the first 30 episode I was hooked. It's a darn good ride.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 10-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #44
vindrow
Cipher Pol 9

Just finished reading 599..can't wait till the anime gets too this point.

Now that Luffy has learned haki he will be on even footing with logia users since he will now be able to hit them, can't wait for the rematch with Smoker. Zoro cutting that ship in halfhe looks so badass. I think that not only Luffy can use haki, but I believe that Zoro and Sanji have also learned it. I believe that Luffy has learned Color of Conqueror, and Color of Observation and Color of Armament since he can learn all three.

Zoro, I believe learned Color of Observation that would fit better with his fighting style and Sanji learned Color of Armament. Guess, we will find out in the next few chapters. Can't wait.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #45
Fading

I've been a bit busy as of late, so haven't even been on the hype for awhile lol, so a bit behind on the discussion. So, last two weeks since One Piece came back, awesome. I'm really liking the new character design's, especially Usopp, and Zoro. In fact, I think Usopp had the best change overall, and Zoro just had his image catch up to his badass attitude. Luffy looks pretty much the same, but I think his image (outside of the scar) needed to stay similar as it's iconic like Goku's is to DB, but it's Luffy's attitude that will make the biggest difference and show his growth. Robin.../drools. I think the only new design I don't like is Frankie's...it's just a bit too much. I like the hair and all, but his arms are just too huge of a change, outside of his torso it's almost a new character.

As for where the stories heading, I liked it. It seems the series will retain it's humor, and allow for some of the characters to get badass entrances. Chopper and the Luffy impersonator in particular had me lol'ing. I guess we know who the first ppl the Straw Hat's will show their new strength off against.
The imitator Straw Hats will just be the appetizer's, maybe the 2 200 million guys will put up a so-so fight. However Kizaru's nephew or whatever is on his way there, and if they fight him that could be a great battle to show off the Straw Hat's new strength. Also I noticed Nami didn't yell out thunderball tempo or whatever and wave that staff around for 5 mins before that storm, looks like she may be a decent fighter now with some attacks that are more instant and hidden before they hit.

Last edited by Fading; 10-10-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #46
MoPlaYa
Crazy Guy

I downloaded the Funimation dub episodes 1-91...i cant wait to watch them : )

Old 10-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #47
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

The Funi dub is actually pretty good imo, kind of funny hearing so many DBZ character voices together like that. Only thing I don't like about it is Luffy saying Gum Gum instead of the Gomu Gomu and the colourful subs that come up.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 10-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #48
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Great to see Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji back in action, even if it was just a little tease of their power. So glad that fake Luffy got the snot beaten out of him, he was getting on my nerves.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 10-27-2010, 04:20 PM   #49
Fading

Just finally getting around to reading last weeks OP. Had a family emergency (surgery/hospital related).

I really liked it tho. Was nice to see that everyones training really paid off. Luffy especially was awesome with the laser dodge, and too slow bit. I'm guessing Luffy's atleast on the Warlord's level (where beforehand it was a group effort to take a weaker one like Moria down, plus even that had circumstances in their favor like nightmare Luffy). I imagine we'll still see the Straw Hats overpowered and in need of growing stronger (I mean even Blackbeard and crew ran from Akainu alone). Atleast now tho every fight won't be punching above their belt, and winning out of luck and will, but fighting on more even ground.

Last edited by Fading; 10-28-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:49 PM   #50
Fading

I`m liking where this arc is heading. My guess is that the Strawhats arrive on fishman island to find it enslaved again without Whitebeards protection. Then the next arc will be the Strawhats fighting to free it while teaming up with that multiarmed octopus and Cammie (think that was the mermaid`s name), with a probable showing of that former mer-shibukai we all love. The question being if that is the case, who`s the pirate or shibukai they have to fight to free it.