The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 11-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #51
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Default Re: One Piece discussion (Spoilers)

Looks like we may get a fight in the next issue with the Crazy guys, although being under the sea Luffy will be limited so we probably still wont get to see his potential yet. That was so cool what Kuma did by protecting the Sunny during that time, I bet Dragon had something to do with his actions. Lol Sanji will never be the same again around women

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Avangarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:33 AM   #52
Fading
>:(

Who knows what hells poor Sanji had to endure on that island .

Old 11-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #53
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

I'm surprised nobody has even brought up the biggest revelation from the latest issue, the fact that Gol D.Roger was the original wearer of the Straw Hat and how similar he looked like Luffy when he was young.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #54
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Loving the Fishman Island Arc.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #55
Dandy Man
Side-Kick

I've been thinking about Blackbeard and the way he has two different fruits.

..and the thought that crossed my mind was that it's been said that a user can only have one devil fruit at a time. Maybe and this is just me thinking..that only means that a user can only wield one type such as a logia user for example might not be able to wield another logia. Yet, maybe they can use another type such as a Zoan or Paramecia.

..and I wonder if the Ace's fruit has re-surfaced yet? If what I think is possible then Luffy having the Gumu Gumu no Mi as well as the Mera Mera no Mi would result in a Gear Second: Gumu Gumu no Flaming Jet Bullet. haha! That would be kinda cool.

Last edited by Dandy Man; 02-23-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Dandy Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #56
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Blackbeards body is different to other devil fruit powers, he is essentially a black hole, so he can absorb anything and pull it back out when needed. I believe he has Whitebeards power absorbed within his darkness power, rather then just sharing two powers. Which means he can probably contain unlimited devil fruit powers within his darkness power. What I am interested in knowing is what he did to Whitebeard under that sheet to get his power. Eat his heart??

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-23-2011, 09:54 PM   #57
Dandy Man
Side-Kick

I took the Yami Yami no Mi's ability into consideration while I was pondering. I'm sure that his darkness powers had something to do with the Gura Gura no Mi's extraction. Teach did say that his fruit was "unique" even for Logia.

Though, what I posted could be possible too because we haven't seen Dr. Vegapunk yet. From what we know of him he's the authority on Devil Fruits and of course Teach hasn't revealed what he actually did under that sheet.

...and one a side note, I kinda hope Sanji gets over these over exaggerated nose bleeds. I only found it funny the first time. Poor guy, being an amorous straight man on an island of gay, cross dressing men without a woman in sight....must have been truely "hell".

Old 02-24-2011, 08:26 AM   #58
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

I'm sure when Oda brings Dr Vegapunk into it there will be some massive reveals as far as the myths surrounding Devil Fruit is concerned.

I think Sanji is slowly building his tolerance to women, should be interesting when he meets the Mermaid Princess lol.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 03-17-2011, 10:23 PM   #59
Fading

I'm keep lol'ing about how Luffy keeps making fun of the princess and calling her Scardy Cat. How he does it is so natural to the character, but would have anyone else in jail or something.

Also happy with the way things are going in general. Seems like Van Decken is going to be this huge fight, and Luffy just steam rolls right past him. So it's a way of showing that Luffy's strength cap from the training isn't even close to being shown without making him seem overpowered. Zoro also pwned this issue, but I'm guessing the seeming big bad guy of this arc won't go down that easy.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #60
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Notice how Luffy is using Gear Second attacks yet he isn't charging up to Gear Second, I'm pretty sure he did the same thing when he used that Elephant Gun attack. It's like he is in a constant state of Gears, interesting.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 03-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #61
Dandy Man
Side-Kick

I know with Gear Second he is able to use it partially instead of full body. When he defeated that (outdated) Pacifista he only utilized a gear second charged arm.

I forget what he did(or it wasn't shown) when he beat The Kraken(Surme).

Old 04-21-2011, 05:42 AM   #62
repunzel
Banned User

Hi...let me introduce myself...I am a piece of scum spammer....that's right...I don't care about comic books or movies...I don't want to actually talk to any of you...I just want to fill up your site with useless spam...guess that's why I am now banned.

Last edited by C. Lee; 04-27-2011 at 09:35 PM.
repunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:23 PM   #63
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Congrats to One Piece for episode 500.

I'm even more certain than I was before that Monkey D. Dragon has a Devil Fruit power to control the Wind.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 06-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #64
Victarion
Cut

I'm watching an english dub of this right now. I'm on episode two and I was surprised to hear Zoro/Zolo(pirate hunter with green hood and 2-3 swords) threaten to kick the little girl's ass.

The dub has a confusing history. Did 4Kids begin, then Funimation come in behind them and re-dub the series starting from episode 1 onward...or just start their version of the dub where 4Kids left off?

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #65
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Funi dub went back and started from scratch.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #66
Lord
All Mighty

Strange how this place started so full of life, i watched OP up until the middle of skypie or something like that and stopped for many years, i have now decided to return to One Piece and am in episode 21, can't wait to get to Arlong and Alabasta once again.

Is the manga going well?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #67
Fading

It's going great. This thread seems to die down quickly though. Currently the Punk Hazard arc is hitting it's high point with the final fight starting. Since it seems you're not fully caught up, I'll just say Law is a badass. He's quickly jumped up several fans favorite lists this arc. He also fights Smoker, which was awesome. The anime stopped after Fishman Island, and currently is showing filler tied to the new movie about to come out. OP continues to be my favorite weekly anime, and manga, so glad to see the thread revived.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #68
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 12-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #69
Lord
All Mighty

Unfortunatelly i already know a lot that happened and i remember trying to read a little of Punk Hazzard some months ago, i'm no longer doing it as i want to watch the rest of the story first but i read enough to have Law as one of my favourite characters too

I think One Piece deserves to have a thread around, i mean, it's the highest-selling manga in Japan (since the industry there is the biggest it also ends up being the highest selling manga worldwide, even if Naruto's generally more popular outside Japan), it even beat Dragon Ball's sales.

Naruto is near it's end, Bleach is in its final arc which may last 5 to 7 more years but are no longer in their prime, i heard the Fish Island arc was boring but OP still seems to have a lot to give even though it's the oldest.

I disagree with many that say the first arcs in One piece are bad (not in this thread but in the internet in general), some even say Fairy Tail's first arcs were better, but i also disagree with that notion, these first story arcs are quite good and emotional, not to mention that they set up well what's to come. It's only a shame that characters like Captain Kuro never showed up again, he didn't even have the oportunity to fight with his full strength.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #70
Fading

Personally I liked the Fishman arc a lot. It had a bit more story, but was a good way of showing why the Stawhats are the best. Not to mention I got more of an emotional rise out of it than I did with Brook, or Franky's intro, and they're Luffy's crew. I think it was a nice coming full circle, and set up a lot of potential story. 1 of the 3 big weapons was revealed, Noah was revealed, Luffy picked a fight with a Younko, Fishman Isle sees the Stawhats as what they viewed Whitebeard as, and we kinda got a new crewmate down the road. Luffy first got his bounty from Arlong (well from that arc), and now he finished cleaning up the mess behind Arlong right before they start again, and enter the new world. My main complaint would probably be Sanji's weak ass nose bleeds, but he redeemed himself in the end by hanging with Jinbei in a fight.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #71
Fading

Another good issue this week. Was great to see Doflamingo's crew. Baby 5 in particular was awesome, think she's one of the best new characters in awhile. Guessing Sanji hurt his leg worse than expected, and will probably require a little R&R from the heavy fighting for the next arc. My guess is they take Kinemon and his dragon son home to their Isle next arc, while getting hounded by Doflamingo's men (like Croc did in the Alabastar arc). Then he'll be the next main arc after. Then a few minor arcs, then on to their first younko fight. Luffy should have a gear 4, and maybe 5 by then, cause a younko is on a whole different level.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #72
Lord
All Mighty

I remember a fan suggesting that the next Saga could have Doflamingo as the main villain in a similar way to Crocodile in Baroque Works saga. I'm still in episode 76, i kind of find it strange that crocodile would have such weak members of Baroque works be Number 9 and 8, expecially with him being a shichibukai, i would expect him to try to create a true elite for his most powerful members

Old 12-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #73
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Well Crocodile was the weakest of the Shichibukai, so it stands to reason that his members would be weaker. Plus there is the chance that Buggy may be a Shichibukai now so cunning can sometimes surpass strength

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 12-19-2012, 06:34 AM   #74
Fading

True, but not sure I'd count Buggy as cunning either. His planning rarely goes off as planned. I'd say he's just really, really lucky, lol.

I wonder if they're going to refill all the Shichibukai roles? It was 7 right? Boa, Doflamingo, Kuma, and Mihawk should still be Shichibukai. However Moria disappeared, or is dead. Jinbei left. Crocodile left. Blackbeard, who took Croc's role, left. Law joined. So there should be two spots left open. If Buggy joins, then there's still one spot to fill.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #75
Lord
All Mighty

Seems like One Piece stays strong in number one

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...by-series/2012

I heard Crocodile used to fight with DoFlamingo but wasn't in good shape anymore in Alabasta, even if he was the weakest Shichibukai he could have stronger minions, i mean, Mr.10 was a complete joke, the only strong ones were the number 1-5 pairs.