The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 02-04-2014, 06:44 AM   #176
uirate
Newbie First Class

Default Re: One Piece discussion (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
No, Marco speculates that it could've been from his abnormal body. He's assuming that Blackbeard ate the second fruit for that to happen (since eating = places a Devil inside the body based on One Piece's theory). So we don't really know what happened.

Having said that, I don't think his abnormal body plays that much of a role, and I think it's more likely that Blackbeard extracted the powers with the help of the Yami-Yami no mi.
I Disagree. The general consensus we have on the AP boards is that blackbeard used the yami powers to somehow get the gura powers, yes. But to have 2 abilities at the same time is due to his own body or lineage of being a D. Oda wouldn't write a comment like that for Marco if it wasn't somewhat true.

uirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:58 AM   #177
Lord
All Mighty

Wasn't it mentioned that Blackbeard was also stealing powers in order to give them to his crew?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #178
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by uirate View Post
I Disagree. The general consensus we have on the AP boards is that blackbeard used the yami powers to somehow get the gura powers, yes. But to have 2 abilities at the same time is due to his own body or lineage of being a D. Oda wouldn't write a comment like that for Marco if it wasn't somewhat true.
I don't think his abnormal body has anything to do with it though. The only abnormal thing about his body that we know of, so far is his extremely high durability. If there's nothing else, then I don't think durability would help him maintain a second ability. Having said that, I think Blackbeard used the Yami-Yami fruit as a way to store the Devil Fruit power without it actually being in his body, thus he's able to have simultaneous access to both abilities while bypassing the rule.

If it was because of D lineage, don't you think more D fruit users would have experimented with that rule? Oda can write something like what Marco said just to reflect the character's thoughts. The most significant difference is that it was a question voiced by Marco, implying that he's not even sure that's true. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's true. Otherwise, that would be like saying people in OP thought Skypeia didn't exist, therefore it's true, while the Straw Hats visiting Skypeia debunked that.

Last edited by InJustice; 02-04-2014 at 02:33 PM.
InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:44 PM   #179
Lord
All Mighty

Somebody found this:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 02-05-2014, 04:39 AM   #180
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Very well made.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Avangarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:58 PM   #181
InJustice
Side-Kick

Blackbeard's crew consisting of 10 captains? Jesus...I knew he'd be strong in 2 years, but I didn't think he'd be close to the level of Whitebeard's crew in terms of organization.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:29 PM   #182
Lord
All Mighty

Didn't expect it either, not sure if Shanks and Luffy will be like that

Old 02-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #183
InJustice
Side-Kick

Red Hair Pirates is probably the only crew that is a traditional pirate crew (aka not having large armies like Blackbeard, Kaidou, etc). Same might be said for Luffy's crew down the road.

Interesting how Sabo was able to destroy Burgess's armor.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #184
TheLastBlade
Side-Kick

Even though I'm not a fan of the big 3 AT ALL, I can say that people might have an easier time getting into One Piece than the other two.

TheLastBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:36 AM   #185
Lord
All Mighty

Well, it depends, out of the three, in the west One Piece is the last one people get into due to fun tone. Thoughout of the three, it is the most consistente and overall with the most interesting mysteries and villains.

Though there are a few things in the second half that may be signals that this will end up like Naruto Part II, first was Gol D Roger having had Luffy's hat, the second one was the fishman Island and Punk Hazard arcs being extremelly boring and not up to the standarts of previous ones, now dressrosa is feeling a lot like Alabasta 2.0, even if DoFlamingo, Sabo and the new Admiral are interesting enough to stand on their oun.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:25 AM   #186
uirate
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Oda can write something like what Marco said just to reflect the character's thoughts. The most significant difference is that it was a question voiced by Marco, implying that he's not even sure that's true. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's true.
Its a future plot point, odas done it many times before when alluding to certain things...Kureha and the Will of D, the smiles, the world summit, Thriller bark fog monster, dragon, rio poneglyph, devil fruit book, vegapunk knowing what devil fruits really are...etc etc..

Blackbeards "abnormal body" will definetly be explained in time, just like everything else.

edit: im also quite annoyed theres a break this week.

Last edited by uirate; 02-11-2014 at 09:29 AM.
uirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:06 AM   #187
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by uirate View Post
Its a future plot point, odas done it many times before when alluding to certain things...Kureha and the Will of D, the smiles, the world summit, Thriller bark fog monster, dragon, rio poneglyph, devil fruit book, vegapunk knowing what devil fruits really are...etc etc..

Blackbeards "abnormal body" will definetly be explained in time, just like everything else.

edit: im also quite annoyed theres a break this week.
I'm not sure it's even a future plot point. It's just something that will be explained in due time, but not to the degree of a plot point. The difference between Blackbeard and your examples are that the people in OP already know that the stuff exists. Whereas, Marco clearly states a question, meaning that he's not even sure if Blackbeard's body is the reason why he could take another DF power. He's only speculating.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:19 AM   #188
Lord
All Mighty

So, i guess the anime/ manga thread is no more huh?

Old 03-24-2014, 08:18 AM   #189
Lord
All Mighty

Anybody else likes fan made cinematic trailers? These are some of my favorite:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!: