The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

View Poll Results: Which villain for the first JL movie?
Lex Luthor 0 0%
Vandal Savage 3 6.38%
Amazo 1 2.13%
Ares 2 4.26%
Crime syndicate of America 2 4.26%
Brainiac 3 6.38%
Doomsaday 2 4.26%
Darkseid 28 59.57%
Mongul 0 0%
Starro 2 4.26%
A batman villain 1 2.13%
Other 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default First Justice League movie. Which threat and which way to unite the members!

For the first Justice League movie.

A) What kind of story do you want? Who is the villain, whatīs his goal why chose him (because superman canīt handle him, heīs classical JL villain etc).

One wish though. Try not to linger on how JL 1 2 3 will be connected. Just how would you like the first movie to be without using super plots stretching over 2-3 movies.

B) How to properly connect the storyīs heroes before or in the movie (Batman and Superman will know eachother but it might make sense that other heroes are connected) and how to make them unite and start/join the JL?

Last edited by Mightyally; 08-15-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: First Justice League movie. Which threat and which way to unite the members!

Okay Iīll go first

I think itīs important that we donīt see alien invasions (not in JL 1 anyways) even if itīs MoS style or TA style. Just nothing like that. Robots adapting like Amazo will probably feel a bit like Ultron again.

So I am thinking Ares. I think it would be a good way to bring WW in to the movie if she doesnīt get a solo movie before.
See what I think would be awesome is to have the threat originate from WW somehow and spread out of her control, forcing her to either seek help or to take the fight to him.

The latter would mean that WW has to go fight in public, and Supes + Batsy come to help (without knowing her). Then they talk after Ares disappearce and Batman has his analysis and WW has Ares motives etc... and they understand that they need more people to stop him. Flash could also join this first battle if itīs all over the news. Would be kind of funny to see the battle take place in some tropical country. So Bruce who refuses to be carried takes the ship, and Clark starts flying there. When the MoS arrives Flash is already there or that Supes gets there first and helps Diana and Batman arrives but the fight is already over and Flash "took his place".

Flash:"It sucks not having powers, doesnīt it?"
Batman: #dark voice grunt/growl# goes away to collect data from the "crimescene"
Flash "Whatīs his deal?"

I hope we get some some funny moments even if I am not the best inventor of em myself but someone at WB can do it!

Last edited by Mightyally; 08-15-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Default Re: First Justice League movie. Which threat and which way to unite the members!

The main reason I object to an alien invasion, is that, it would get rather silly if Earth is invaded by two alien civilizations in a matter of years. It rather kills suspension of disbelief.

I like the idea of Batman and Superman stumbling across the same threat. Perhaps work the others in around them.

I'm also a fan of Batman and Superman already having deduced each others' identity before they ever meet in person.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Yeah agreed, an alien invasion isnīt gonna work here.

Thatīs possible too!

Them already having deduced each others identities would ofc be something for the Batman/Superman movie

But which villain would you want to see?

Old 08-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I think Lex Luthor would be a good way to go. But I would prefer they didn't play him as a straight villain (i.e. not make it obvious).

Perhaps have him team up with the Justice League and then betray them.

For example, have him help bring them together, so they can help him fight against a greater threat, but then he tries to off them.

Some involved master plan, where he takes out two birds with one stone.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

That is just... Awesome! Lol I never thought of that. I always assumed Lex would be in the Batsy/Supes movie, and beaten there, hence evil. I thought him to come back in JL 2 or 3 as a part of an evil society or something lol.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
cleverusername8
Or something like that

A subsequent alien invasion COULD actually work contrary to the apparently popular belief here. I believe that the Kryptonian invasion on Earth could have significance outside of our galaxy. Kryptonians were probably thought to be extinct or very endangered after the destruction of the planet. The Guardians of the Green Lantern Corps probably knew otherwise but kept quiet about it. However, now the cat is out of the bag. People know that Kryptonians have not only survived, but thrived after the planet's destruction.

This could draw a whole burst of attention to Earth since it's the source of the Kryptonian explosion it would seem. One infiltrated the society long enough to be accepted in and now stands as guardian of the race that inhabits it. Power hungry or challenge seeking enemies like Mongul, Despero, and Lobo could be attracted by something like that.

The version of Brainiac that is the intelligence that moves about the universe in order to collect and digitize all information could learn of the resurgence of Kryptonians and pursue them since he may have missed their data before the planet faced destruction. This LAST Kryptonian even exhibits extra abilities that would interest him. The onslaught of Brainianc ripping the planet apart to find Superman could bring people like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter out from wherever they may be hiding/isolating themselves from humanity.

Furthermore, the eradication of life on Mars could be a result of Brainiac's collecting millions of years ago. A small band of survivors kept going with what they could but eventually died out a few generations in which leaves J'onn J'onzz as the last one alive. This would connect him to Brainiac, give him insight on the threat, and solidify a role for him in the first movie. It also puts him in a position to unite the League as people have expressed interest in seeing him do.

Hal could be a GL fresh from training that is sent to Earth to arrest Kal-El in order to bring him in for questioning with the Guardians regarding the attack on Earth. They probably knew of his presence on the planet after his ship traveled to it, but they may suspect him on orchestrating the attack on the once isolated humans of Earth thus violating the GL Corps' version of the Prime Directive I suppose. This would work well with a snarky Hal Jordan who thinks he's hot stuff as a new space cop and also could breed rivalry between him and Supes as to who is a better protector of the Earth (since Hal would be up on a high horse with his authority to protect a whole sector).

Flash's origin could be told more and less within the movie if his solo film and TV show never come to pass. The movie could follow him coming to terms with his powers and his stance on being a hero vs. having a normal life. I like the idea of the Kryptonian invasion having SOMETHING to do with his origin but don't have a solid idea of what that could be. Maybe some Kryptonian chemicals recovered from a crashed ship are what gets struck by lightning? Or maybe the storm from which the lightning comes originated from the ocean over which the terraforming device was and the energy/chemicals/compounds from it that leaked into the water were evaporated into the clouds and created a super storm who's lightning strikes normal lab chemicals and gives Barry the powers. Both seem equally silly, but I'm just trying to flex the creativity muscles lol.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Look at that. Suddenly an alien invasion doesnīt sound so bad after all. I see what you mean. Haha spare me from Lobo though! Amazo sounds good. I think Brainiac and Mongul risk being "to" big somehow.

Yeah the GL thing. I do hope J.S is GL and that his intergalactic duties suggest him going to Earth so that he can protect it. This also makes it possible for W.W to be flash because if we donīt have Hal we donīt need Barry, am I right?

Before tho, J.S could come pick MoS up because of the Guardians "rules" as you said. Thatīs how we get to know him and as MoS is taken to Oa we could get some introduction.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #9
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
For the first Justice League movie.

A) What kind of story do you want? Who is the villain, whatīs his goal why chose him (because superman canīt handle him, heīs classical JL villain etc).

One wish though. Try not to linger on how JL 1 2 3 will be connected. Just how would you like the first movie to be without using super plots stretching over 2-3 movies.

B) How to properly connect the storyīs heroes before or in the movie (Batman and Superman will know eachother but it might make sense that other heroes are connected) and how to make them unite and start/join the JL?
I'm going to be honest, I want another alien invasion. I love the fact that MOS was sci-fi and I want them to stay with that theme.

Here's the thing about the forming of the Justice League. Somebody has to have the vision. They can't just come together "just because". Somebody has to know there are people like Wonder Woman and Flash out there, and they have to have the idea to bring them together.

I think it should be Martian Manhunter.

I love sci-fi, and I think they should delve deeper into the genre and introduce time travel. I like the idea of him coming to Earth because of a device a dying fellow alien[killed by Darkseid] gave him that would allow him to time travel as a one time thing, "see for yourself".

It's a future where the Earth lies in ruins, your typical post-apocalyptic stuff. He learns that it's because a tyrant named Darkseid invaded the Earth and took advantage of the heroes never coming together to form a team to be able to stop him. Maybe in this future he meets up with a Future-Batman, who tells him this, "Heroes from around the world arose to try and stop him, he killed them one by one. We all fought alone. If we had joined together and fought as one, we could have saved humanity. That was our mistake." Throw in something like "Kal was the first to go, then Diana, then Barry" while showing Darkseid killing each one of them to explain what happened to everybody.

This leads him to Earth where he finds all the heroes and warns them that they have to join forces or else the Earth is doomed. He first goes to Batman, who then contacts Superman and they set out to find Wonder Woman and Flash and form the Justice League.

I think Darkseid's motivations for coming to Earth should be for its resources(yeah I know).

I think this can go down in a lot of ways. It can happen like above where MM is able to travel to the future as a one time thing where he sees the destruction of Earth. Or you can have Future-Batman build a time travel device where he sends a message to his past-self about what happened and how he needs to bring the heroes together. They can accomplish it in a lot of ways.

Last edited by Masone; 08-15-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Masone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:18 AM   #10
Boom
I got nothin'

Instead of having an invasion from the stars, have an invasion from the sea.

Starro, which would allow for the introduction of Aquaman and Atlantis.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #11
Donut
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Vandal Savage

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #12
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Yeah the GL thing. I do hope J.S is GL and that his intergalactic duties suggest him going to Earth so that he can protect it. This also makes it possible for W.W to be flash because if we donīt have Hal we donīt need Barry, am I right?
Wh- what?

Please tell me you're joking. Wonder Woman as Flash?

Pardon me for being an idiot if I'm not seeing sarcasm or some other obscure humor here, but you don't actually mean Wonder Woman becomes/uses the title "The Flash", right? I don't think I need to go into the reasons why.

No Barry or Hal is fine, but I'd rather see Jesse Quick than Wonder Woman with superspeed calling herself the Flash.

Once again, sorry if I'm being dumb.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #13
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
Wh- what?

Please tell me you're joking. Wonder Woman as Flash?

Pardon me for being an idiot if I'm not seeing sarcasm or some other obscure humor here, but you don't actually mean Wonder Woman becomes/uses the title "The Flash", right? I don't think I need to go into the reasons why.

No Barry or Hal is fine, but I'd rather see Jesse Quick than Wonder Woman with superspeed calling herself the Flash.

Once again, sorry if I'm being dumb.
Itīs okay, my bad. Should have been more clear W.W = Wally West http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Flash_(Wally_West)
WW = Wonder Woman = title
W.W = Wally West = a real name, hence the dot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
Vandal Savage
He is awesome as few. What would be a good plan for him, how could that plan/his methods unite JL?

The reason for why I think itīs a good to have the threat originate from Aquamanīs or WWīs world is because those charachters need a good reason to even join the Justice League.
Flash is a police officer? Bruce is head of a company. Clark, Daily Planet. They are all reachable and none of em has a full time job as king or queen.

WW is even harder to "get" than Aquaman. He is very militant and he would take actions if the waters or environment is in danger by say LC but how do you draw WW out from her nest if you donīt give her a film?
No one knows the chick.

Last edited by Mightyally; 08-16-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #14
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Hahaha! Ok then. To that argument, I say alright though it's kind of unfair to just throw Wally in without at least having a small glimpse at Barry. Barry is a big part of why Wally became the Flash and to ignore him like the DCAU did would be a disservice to both characters. If Wally replaces him later, that's fine but the first JL movie should probably include him.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #15
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I just find the "invasion" plot line rather dull and unimaginative. I disliked it in the Avengers, where it came out of nowhere. Doesn't help that the aliens were incredibly underdeveloped. Did they have a name? Felt like I was watching Transformers 3 half the time.

Ironically some of the best Justice League show episodes (and they did have several alien civilizations) were the ones that dealt with the characters, and some sort of threat close to home. Or time travel, I could go for that.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #16
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
Hahaha! Ok then. To that argument, I say alright though it's kind of unfair to just throw Wally in without at least having a small glimpse at Barry. Barry is a big part of why Wally became the Flash and to ignore him like the DCAU did would be a disservice to both characters. If Wally replaces him later, that's fine but the first JL movie should probably include him.

We have the Flash movie 2016 for that! I donīt know much about Flash because I honestly never read any issues. I have read some JL, I am bussy trying to read all I can about Thanos atm so Flash will have to wait. Thinking of starting after AoU but have so much to be read atm.

Wouldnīt W.W be better than Barry or Bart? You seem to know more than me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I just find the "invasion" plot line rather dull and unimaginative. I disliked it in the Avengers, where it came out of nowhere. Doesn't help that the aliens were incredibly underdeveloped. Did they have a name? Felt like I was watching Transformers 3 half the time.

Ironically some of the best Justice League show episodes (and they did have several alien civilizations) were the ones that dealt with the characters, and some sort of threat close to home. Or time travel, I could go for that.
Not sure if episode or movie, but the one where Lex breaks in to Batmanīs cave and steals his info about all their weaknesses. That woulndīt work for JL 1, but that one was good.
Seen it?

Last edited by Mightyally; 08-16-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #17
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
We have the Flash movie 2016 for that! I donīt know much about Flash because I honestly never read any issues. I have read some JL, I am bussy trying to read all I can about Thanos atm so Flash will have to wait. Thinking of starting after AoU but have so much to be read atm.

Wouldnīt W.W be better than Barry or Bart? You seem to know more than me lol.

Not sure if episode or movie, but the one where Lex breaks in to Batmanīs cave and steals his info about all their weaknesses. That woulndīt work for JL 1, but that one was good.
Seen it?
The whole thing that makes Wally interesting is his coping with Barry's apparent passing. People like him because they grew up with him as Kid Flash then taking on the mantle when it was passed. His life has been all about living up to the legacy that Barry laid for him as the Scarlet Speedster. He has his confident personality as a front for all of his insecurities and similarly to Peter Parker, blames himself for things that are somewhat beyond his control. His story would be great to tell in a solo movie AFTER Barry has his time, but just going straight into Justice League with him as the world's first Flash would make him lose a lot I think. Same goes for Bart for that matter.

I know next to nothing about Bart's time as Flash anyway. From what I can tell, it didn't last very long because he got killed in the role shortly after it began. Plus, people have always known him better for his time as Impulse/Kid Flash in teaming scenarios. Never have I heard people praising his solo adventures. Throwing him in the lead with either 2016 Flash or Justice League would be more nonsensical than using Wally.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #18
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

^ Very interesting! The movie could start with Wally West holding the Flashīs mask in his hands, like we donīt know if his gonna put it on, throw it or if someone just found it etc.

We then go back in time to when Flash = Barry Allen, he is like the first superhero, much like cap in WW2. We get the origin of his powers, some mission/action, what he does for a living and how famous he was etc.
Then the Kid Flash W.W comes along and we learn some about him and get the dynamic between the 2.

In the end, Barry actually dies (of a wound beyond healing) and gives the mask to W.W

W.W: "I need to take you to the hospital"
B.A: "Nah #cough#...You arenīt gonna out run this one kid. The only thing running out today is me. You canīt beat me today Wally."
W.W "If I only was faster I could have prevented all this"
B.A "Nah itīs not your fault kid. Itīs not about always being first you know, itīs about being there, making a difference. As we did today. Now comes the time for you to make that difference." #hands over his mask#
W.W: But I canīt do it alone!"
B.A: "Youīll not have to"
W.W "What do you mean Barry, who do yo..?"
B.A:#Nothing# (dead)

After that we see him at home packing away Barryīs old suit. Suddenly he drops it next his own on the bed.
He silently stands still and we can see Barryīs suit now lying next to his own Kid-Flash one. We hear the TV for a while, nothing special though.
W.W looks outside with an empty look at the world. The sun is shining through the glass and some kids are playing just outside.

TV: "Breaking News!" A robber on Highway 43 is currently endangering the lives of..."

#Shwoosh# W.W is gone, leaving only the Kid Flash suit on the bed. Before you know it the credits start roling down.

In the after credit scene we could see MoS and/or Batman looking at the TV. Then we hear "Breaking News! A robber on Highway 43 is currently endangering the lives of hundreds as he" and on the screen we actually see Wally stoping the robber. Then we see MoS and Batman smile at the same time in the reflection of the TV glass.

Last edited by Mightyally; 08-16-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:42 AM   #19
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

I hope we don't see an alien invasion, at least one that's too similar to Avengers. The last thing JLA needs is to be perceived as a carbon copy.

However, if the plot revolves around Luthor, realizing he's hopelessly outmatched by Supes and Batman, finding a way to bring Darkseid or Mongul to Earth, that would have possibilities.

It seems to me that a team of villains vs the JLA would be more original and appealing. DC has so many uber-baddies, it would be a shame not to draw from that pool.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #20
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Yeah they did have a name, the Chitauri which was indeed mentioned.

So I was looking through some of the posts here and the threats people want I've noticed tend to be either alien invasions or mystical threats as a way to bring Wonder Woman.

I really don't see any way to get around using alien invasions looking at the members on the JL's roster especially Superman and Green Lantern. Plus, all of them are from different walks of life but they all live on Earth and the safety of their home is the personal stake here just like The Avengers. The key here is the way in which this alien invasion occurs. The Avengers featured an alien invasion where outside forces attacked from the outside. Justice League could feature an alien invasion which has outside forces attacking from the inside, it's basically a type of "Secret Invasion" story where aliens infiltrate Earth and take over from the inside, it could already be happening or start happening. The villain here could be Starro and/or Brainiac made their way onto Earth and unleashed exobytes/mini-Starros to take gradual control of Earth's populace and subjugate them to their will. Seeing as the character rights of the Skrulls are currently with Fox as they are more in the category of villains of the Fantastic Four, I doubt the MCU would try to develop a Skrull Invasion story anytime soon, although it would be awesome.

If they follow a mystical threat as a way of introducing Wonder Woman, by introducing an angry god who decides to wage war against the mortals who has a personal connection to one of the protagonists, that already screams a carbon copy of Loki.

Last edited by smallville fan; 08-17-2013 at 07:36 AM.
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #21
Masone
Side-Kick

I don't want an alien invasion where a bunch of nameless aliens are the threat. I want one where it's a single alien that's powerful enough to take on the whole team. I want them to really stress the fact that the members need to work as a team to take down the threat, so the time travel story where they never formed together and were killed off individually I think really works. It'll also presents the possibility that any of them can be killed by this threat, that's something that was never present in the Avengers. Who really thought those aliens who were getting killed by humans could possibly harm Iron Man, or Thor, or the Hulk? Loki wasn't even a threat by himself in the Thor movie.

You'll get to see how Darkseid killed each of them in the future, so when they are fighting Darkseid in the present, you're actually on the edge of your seat because what happened before may happen again. For instance, if we see the omega beam kill the Flash in the future, and we then see Darkseid send the beam at Flash in the present fight, you have it in your mind that this thing can legit kill him if he doesn't avoid it.

But yeah, I don't want an Avengers redux(which was a Transformers 3 redux). I think I prefer one guy who can take on the whole team.

Last edited by Masone; 08-17-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #22
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

I like your idea about the feeling that someone might actually die here. The time travel is nice but a risky element imo. Totally possible tho.

You know what, alien invasion could work. Just donīt give me an army and give me other motives with the visit to Earth than MoS or TA had. Also, one guy strong as few. Like DS.

Best way imo is to have a threat that originates of Earth. I personally would prefer that even if alien invasion might work as well. There are som black magic villains that could be awesome. MoS is weak against it.

Last edited by Mightyally; 08-17-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #23
RadioSha
Side-Kick

Aquaman and the Atlanteans

Bad guy from the start makes him a big player as a member of the Justice League for the next movie.

RadioSha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #24
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioSha View Post
Aquaman and the Atlanteans

Bad guy from the start makes him a big player as a member of the Justice League for the next movie.
If it were to be the Atlanteans, you might as well go all out and have Atlanteans vs Amazons with Arthur and Diana leading their respective nations, perhaps being manipulated by Despero.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #25
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
^ Very interesting! The movie could start with Wally West holding the Flashīs mask in his hands, like we donīt know if his gonna put it on, throw it or if someone just found it etc.

We then go back in time to when Flash = Barry Allen, he is like the first superhero, much like cap in WW2. We get the origin of his powers, some mission/action, what he does for a living and how famous he was etc.
Then the Kid Flash W.W comes along and we learn some about him and get the dynamic between the 2.

In the end, Barry actually dies (of a wound beyond healing) and gives the mask to W.W

W.W: "I need to take you to the hospital"
B.A: "Nah #cough#...You arenīt gonna out run this one kid. The only thing running out today is me. You canīt beat me today Wally."
W.W "If I only was faster I could have prevented all this"
B.A "Nah itīs not your fault kid. Itīs not about always being first you know, itīs about being there, making a difference. As we did today. Now comes the time for you to make that difference." #hands over his mask#
W.W: But I canīt do it alone!"
B.A: "Youīll not have to"
W.W "What do you mean Barry, who do yo..?"
B.A:#Nothing# (dead)

After that we see him at home packing away Barryīs old suit. Suddenly he drops it next his own on the bed.
He silently stands still and we can see Barryīs suit now lying next to his own Kid-Flash one. We hear the TV for a while, nothing special though.
W.W looks outside with an empty look at the world. The sun is shining through the glass and some kids are playing just outside.

TV: "Breaking News!" A robber on Highway 43 is currently endangering the lives of..."

#Shwoosh# W.W is gone, leaving only the Kid Flash suit on the bed. Before you know it the credits start roling down.

In the after credit scene we could see MoS and/or Batman looking at the TV. Then we hear "Breaking News! A robber on Highway 43 is currently endangering the lives of hundreds as he" and on the screen we actually see Wally stoping the robber. Then we see MoS and Batman smile at the same time in the reflection of the TV glass.
I like that idea. I also like the idea of using Wally over Barry in the Justice League. Actually either one would be fine, it just depends on who you pick for the Green Lantern.