The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 01:55 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - Part 38

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-24-2016, 01:55 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - Part 37

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-24-2016, 01:55 AM   #3
Spider-Aziz
I Need a Wife

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - Part 38

I love that it has the logo white circle.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:20 AM   #4
kickass
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 39

I've loved Ezra Miller for a long time and I'm so glad he's finally in something as huge a name and following as Justice League.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:25 AM   #5
brandeezy89
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 39

Oh just for the record, Zack was never booed like people claimed. There person who made it up doesn't like Zack so i'm not surprised he made it up for clicks

https://brandonthevigilante.wordpress.com
Old 07-24-2016, 02:30 AM   #6
herolee10
Superman Advocate

Old 07-24-2016, 02:37 AM   #7
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

Thoughts on the Justice Leauge SDCC Trailer

Surreal to be seeing scenes from Justice League. Thought the trailer looked good, I like the visual look of the film, Aquaman looks awesome, I can finally picture Ezra Miller as actually being the Flash. His super power sequences are gonna be fantastic, even something as simple as the Batarang sequence was really cool, I like that they show the electricity, it's gonna be really cool from his perspective and from the outside perspective.

Affleck is great as Bruce, no surprise there. He's gonna play a good straight man to Miller, with his own dry sense of humor.

It looks like they're really trying to sell the audience that this is going to be a more fun movie, I got an Avengers vibe from it, which is cool, the jokes didn't feel hammy or forced, I was a little worried when I first read about the Flash/Bruce scene, but it looks like it works and they're gonna have good chemistry. The humor is cool, just so long as they can strike a balance with the seriousness and drama, but I'm looking forward to more people coming around, you may even have staunch BvS haters saying they like DC better than Marvel after this.

Really cool scene with the wall of water over Aquaman.

I hope they don't show any of Superman in the marketing, make us feel his absence and be more excited when he does return.

Cyborg looks pretty badass, too, looking forward to seeing him, as he is the JL member I know the least about.

Didn't see Batman clearly enough to see if any changes were made to the suit.

Wonder Woman looks great, stunning, regal, tough, warrior, and Gadot looks like she's gonna fit right in among the guys, and have great chemistry. The WW solo trailer also looks great from a visual perspective, and really intriguing. I am getting a little more of a Marvel vibe from the trailers, so we'll see if they can pull in that audience and still stay unique with a tone lighter but similar to BvS.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:42 AM   #8
herolee10
Superman Advocate

I'm not sure if it's just my eyes playing tricks on me but does it look like that Snyder shot this film in full screen format as opposed to his usual wide screen template?

Old 07-24-2016, 02:49 AM   #9
I SEE SPIDEY
Badass Ladies

Do people now think that any blockbuster that features plenty of levity is automatically a Marvel movie?

Old 07-24-2016, 02:57 AM   #10
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Do people now think that any blockbuster that features plenty of levity is automatically a Marvel movie?
lol no...

LOVED the trailer!!!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-24-2016, 02:59 AM   #11
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

A very effective solid teaser! Everyone looks amazing in their roles! Cyborg looks fantastic, and Momoa and Miller really seem to come through!

Very curious of that box being buried by vikings....

Old 07-24-2016, 03:04 AM   #12
dark_b
Side-Kick

since i am so late i will not say anything new. Superman and WW are not looking angry or serious in the promo pic. This is IMO 100% against what WB likes in posters so IMO it was done for the fans.

I dont think this is how superman looks durring the movie. maybe in the final battle. the body and the suit are from a BVS photoshoot with new Cavill head photoshoped on.

Last edited by dark_b; 07-24-2016 at 03:09 AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:08 AM   #13
I SEE SPIDEY
Badass Ladies

You say doing it for the fans as if that is a bad thing. WB needs to listen and pander. WB better listen to paying customers. Not us obsessive nerds but people who make movies hits.

Pander away WB, pander the heck away.

PRAY FOR DC FANS!!!
Old 07-24-2016, 03:08 AM   #14
herolee10
Superman Advocate

Just out of curiosity, how would you guys ranks Snyder's visuals for this last two DCEU films (along with JL) compared to the visuals that we've seen from "Suicide Squad" and "Wonder Woman"?

The reason why I ask, is because does anyone else feel like Snyder's visuals don't hold up entirely well when compared to his other DCEU Director Colleagues? I mean don't get me wrong, Snyder has created some great visuals, but I feel like the things that we've seen from the other two films look better. Personally, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that they don't desaturate their colors as much, along with not adding artificial grain filters.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:35 AM   #15
LoganGambit87
Side-Kick

Quote:
LOL i know right pretty much every successful blockbuster ever has lots of levity from star wars,star trek,Jurassic world,avatar,harry potter,Pirates Of The Caribbean,etc.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:42 AM   #16
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
You say doing it for the fans as if that is a bad thing. WB needs to listen and pander. WB better listen to paying customers. Not us obsessive nerds but people who make movies hits.

Pander away WB, pander the heck away.
i dont think my post makes it sound that this is bad. i think some fans will expect a happy superman after the first 20 minutes. i think this will not happen. i think right now they are still doing emo superman when he is back and only have him smile in the third act.maybe but with reshoots they could change everything. I t would be nice if the whole script was rewritten after BvS was realesed. but its not because what happens in JL is what was leaked in 2015.

I SEE SPIDEY i would like a colorful fun JL movie like you. but you know very good that one main reason why BvS doesnt work as a functional movie is because they were trying to fix the backlash from MOS and it made it worse. this is now the second sequel and its again.....only fixing problems.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:48 AM   #17
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganGambit87 View Post
LOL i know right pretty much every successful blockbuster ever has lots of levity from star wars,star trek,Jurassic world,avatar,harry potter,Pirates Of The Caribbean,etc.

Well, up to this point, there was a pretty clear difference in tone between Marvel and DC. Everybody said BvS and even MoS were grimdark, joyless, even depressing. I think DC is making a pretty obvious effort to emphasize the levity in this film, on this particular trailer. Look at it compared to the SDCC BvS trailer. Two very different tones. Naturally, DC's films are going to be compared/contrasted with the Marvel properties. I wouldn't read too much into it, though, just like the later trailers for BvS threw some of the lighter moments in, "Oh shizz" "She with you?".

I like that the first trailer mainly focused on the characters in their civilian identity. I feel like it builds up the suspense and excitement for the audience to see them in full action.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:56 AM   #18
dark_b
Side-Kick

nice

Old 07-24-2016, 04:01 AM   #19
LoganGambit87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Just out of curiosity, how would you guys ranks Snyder's visuals for this last two DCEU films (along with JL) compared to the visuals that we've seen from "Suicide Squad" and "Wonder Woman"?

The reason why I ask, is because does anyone else feel like Snyder's visuals don't hold up entirely well when compared to his other DCEU Director Colleagues? I mean don't get me wrong, Snyder has created some great visuals, but I feel like the things that we've seen from the other two films look better. Personally, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that they don't desaturate their colors as much, along with not adding artificial grain filters.
i been thinking of this alot the visuals in SS and WW look way better than anything in BVS

Old 07-24-2016, 04:02 AM   #20
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
i dont think my post makes it sound that this is bad. i think some fans will expect a happy superman after the first 20 minutes. i think this will not happen. i think right now they are still doing emo superman when he is back and only have him smile in the third act.maybe but with reshoots they could change everything. I t would be nice if the whole script was rewritten after BvS was realesed. but its not because what happens in JL is what was leaked in 2015.
G
I SEE SPIDEY i would like a colorful fun JL movie like you. but you know very good that one main reason why BvS doesnt work as a functional movie is because they were trying to fix the backlash from MOS and it made it worse. this is now the second sequel and its again.....only fixing problems.

I don't feel like they were trying to fix anything in MoS. I would think they planned all along to focus on the aftermath of the Black Zero event. I can't really think of any other fan issue from MoS that BvS tried to fix. Maybe the color. They stuck with their original plan of portraying Superman's journey as a difficult one. Added a couple more jokes to real the tension.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:06 AM   #21
OutOfBoose
Evil Russian

Some fans right now, probably: "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

7/10 Punisherman v Depressionman: Dawn of Burials ULTIMATE EDITION - 7/10 Comic Book Movie 2.0 - 3/10
Old 07-24-2016, 04:09 AM   #22
Raphi
The Great Exterminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
nice
Didn't he accuse WB of whitewashing ages ago when they hired James Wan?

Old 07-24-2016, 04:09 AM   #23
Question
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganGambit87 View Post
i been thinking of this alot the visuals in SS and WW look way better than anything in BVS

IMO, while those visuals are amazing they don't drastically overshadow the previous movies visuals. If anything, all these movies as a whole are a visual masterpiece. There were some simply amazing shots in BvS that fit right in with these images

Old 07-24-2016, 04:10 AM   #24
DeadPresident
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue trooper View Post
A very effective solid teaser! Everyone looks amazing in their roles! Cyborg looks fantastic, and Momoa and Miller really seem to come through!

Very curious of that box being buried by vikings....
That's probably a mother box and the Viking looking guys are likely to be Old Gods/beings from Apokolips.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:19 AM   #25
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Loved the trailer, but wanted to point out that humor doesn't equal "lightness". Suicide Squad is bringing a lot of humor, but there is very little about the movie that I'd call "light", and the same thing applies to JL and Wonder Woman.

"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Quote:
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
Closed Thread