The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 11:17 PM   #1
Walt Bickle
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 193
Awesome How the justice league movie should be approached.

seeing as they seem like they are going to rush things I tried to think of the best way to do it.
Have Martian Manhunter show up at the the end of Batman vs Superman confronting the two of them and Wonderwoman saying he has come out of hiding because Superman has to and says they need to team and recruit more like them for a threat thats approaching.

Then do a Flash movie and have Martain Manhunter, Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Jon Stewart GL and aquaman confront Flash at the end with the same message.

Then do the JL movie.
have them against Amazo and someone else pulling the strings in the backround. This will give good character development time for the league. Bring in the kryptonian tech for this story and have the JL movie also be an origin story for Cyborg.

Have Martian Manhunter getting killed half way threw the movie and cyborg filling the extra space in the roster and superman taking over the leader role. And now the team is formed.

If you wanted to go further you could have John Stewarts backstory as shortly after the green lantern movie with Reynolds, Hal Jordan was killed along with the other corps by Sinestro, and the Sinestro somehow wipes the worlds minds of this and the events of the green lantern movie so he can strike again . Hal then chooses John to be the one to stop Sinestro and John then meets Martian Manhunter and warns him of whats to come. Sinestro could be the one pulling the strings behind Amazo!

Then do an aquaman movie, then wonderwoman and then Batman!!
and then repeat cycle for sequels which have cameos!!

I believe this wraps up the mess that dc/wb made !

Walt Bickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #2
$0UL3$$
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 67
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Hmmmm, batman in film guy Jeff or something said neither martian manhunter not aquaman will be in the film. Wb and DC have also lost interest in Martian manhunter and now prefer cyborg. And i dont want jon stewart for the first movie save him for second or something. Flash movie? That sounds great, but i want grant gustin version

$0UL3$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #3
Walt Bickle
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 193
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Yeah I know but it would be great if that weren't through, I think MM is the quickest way to round up the team. Yeah I know they lost interest over MM and prefer Cyborg ( which I hate). That's why I think it would be a good idea to have him build the league and then kill him off opening the way for Cyborg. Also in a way it will be like the movie is saying goodbye to the old continuity and saying hello to the new 52.
I'm not a big fan over using Jon over Hal either but I just don't think they can save the character from the dreadful movie with a reboot and doubt there gonna try anytime soon. So if you use John in this way this would acknowledge that the other movie happened and WB wouldn't need to do another GL film to get to the justice league.

Yeah think a Flash Movie could be interesting and hold it's own, but I think they should go straight for the time travelling aspect of the character to make things interesting and keep with the sci fi theme that Man of Steele portrayed so far, although I know this idea wouldn't go down well with others, but if they did it right it would be cool.

Walt Bickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,197
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

No offense but Wonder Woman deserves a movie before The Flash

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
Walt Bickle
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 193
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
No offense but Wonder Woman deserves a movie before The Flash
Oh yeah I totally agree. but seeing as batman and wonderwoman will already be featured B vs S thats why I don't think we need a movie of her till after Justice League. Altough I know it may ony be a cameo she has.
But if you wanted to make it fair, maybe give her another cameo in Aquaman as well.

Walt Bickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #6
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,197
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Rumors also point at the Flash making an appearance in BvS, Flash is getting his oun tv series as well, even if it's not canon with the movies, it makes the character not as needed to be introduced before JL. I'm not trying to go against Flash, i would have much prefered to see all the characters get their films before JL, but since this is the way WB is playing i gotta follow their rules.

The original 7 are my favorite line-up, but with all things considered i vote for this: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and John Stewart as Green Lantern. Zack and co. aren't that good with character development, so maintaing the league as only 5 members would probably work the best. Maybe leave Aquaman's introduction for the sequel? Maybe Green Arrow could join the league then too. I imagine them adapting Tower of Babel, Throne of Atlantis or Earth 2 (Forever Evil)

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #7
Walt Bickle
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 193
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Yeah I suppose you're right about the Tv series voiding out the movie. But I suppose if they surprised us and said the tv series were canon, then boom!! we have 5 already. But not sure how I would feel with green arrow being on the original line up for the movie.
Yeah I thought about only having supes, bats, ww, flash, and maybe GL. for the sake of story development, but then I thought it might seem to simular to avengers and with supes bats and WW already in BvsS I don't think adding just 2 more members to the roster for a JL movie would have the wow factor it needs.

Walt Bickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:44 PM   #8
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,197
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

I was talking about Green Arrow for Justice League 2, not as part of the first team, i'm actually not a fan of that. The Avengers were Basically just 4 since Black Widow and Hawkeye weren't as important to the team and big 4 are the ones everybody remembers and talks about, in least non-fans, even if BW had some memorable moments too.

I also don't think WW or the Flash (if the rumors are true) will have that much of a role in SvB besides glorifyed cameos, so i think this line-up could work. But if they decided to add something more, then i'dd suggest Martian Manhunter, since he can be the one who tells the team of what's coming, or instead, GL John Stewart could be the one doing that since he has connections to what's going on in the galaxy and then you could add Aquaman, who would have been sencing problems in the ocean.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #9
Masone
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 915
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

How are they rushing anything?

Never mind, read the last sentence. *clicks the back button*

Masone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:05 PM   #10
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,197
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Probably because instead of giving Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman they're rightful movies, they're going to go right to Justice League as fast as they can, with WW's, the biggest female superhero and also a major feminism icon, first appearance being as a cameo (or secondary character) in the Superman vs Batman movie

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #11
Walt Bickle
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 193
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I was talking about Green Arrow for Justice League 2, not as part of the first team, i'm actually not a fan of that. The Avengers were Basically just 4 since Black Widow and Hawkeye weren't as important to the team and big 4 are the ones everybody remembers and talks about, in least non-fans, even if BW had some memorable moments too.

I also don't think WW or the Flash (if the rumors are true) will have that much of a role in SvB besides glorifyed cameos, so i think this line-up could work. But if they decided to add something more, then i'dd suggest Martian Manhunter, since he can be the one who tells the team of what's coming, or instead, GL John Stewart could be the one doing that since he has connections to what's going on in the galaxy and then you could add Aquaman, who would have been sencing problems in the ocean.
oh yeah i know what you were sayin bout green arrow, was jus sayin if they made arrow and flash series canon i wouldnt like arrow in the movie.
theres a rumour that WW might have a role as big as black widow in iron man 2... don't know how i feel about flash being in there too.... really hope this doesn't end up like wolverine origins.
Yeah totally agree about GL or MM being the key to round everyone up. not sure if i would like aquaman introduced for that reason. It would feel very mortal kombat anialation if it was'nt done right.
I'd prefer if aquaman and wonderwoman came out of hiding because superman did or something like that

Walt Bickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #12
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,197
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

That could work too, i was just giving a suggestion. With GL it's just that you would have more heroes, and if the sequel was about Forever Evil/ earth 3, then all the characters in that universe would have to be involved

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #13
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick
 
Pickleweasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,960
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Probably because instead of giving Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman they're rightful movies, they're going to go right to Justice League as fast as they can, with WW's, the biggest female superhero and also a major feminism icon, first appearance being as a cameo (or secondary character) in the Superman vs Batman movie
Oh, so slowly introducing a character, where they first appear as a cameo and then get a bigger role later, is now rushing things? I see...makes sense

Pickleweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:03 PM   #14
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,197
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Yes it is. These are A-List characters that deserve their oun films. How is negleting that by having their first appearances be just cameos in order to move right into JL as fast as possible not rushing things?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #15
jaymes_e06
TRINITY
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,405
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

I agree about WW should get her own film then JLA should come next if they want it to come soon. That being said they could make Flash the new member idea that Justice League:Mortal had and have the league seen through his eyes.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Holy s***, Jennifer Lawrence. How many f***ing nude pictures do you have? Every new fappening, there's like 30 more pictures.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #16
michael1975
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 246
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

I'll be honest with you I think they won't get a chance to do a Justice League movie and even if it does I think it will fail. I think they are pushing to many heroes in one film. I think they are rushing to make a Justice League. I think there casting choices are either stupid or question able at best.

Here is what I expect to happen. I think the vast majority of the movie audience will compare Ben Affleck to Bale as Batman and Ben won't be able to live up to the role. I think that audience will feel over whelmed by all the heroes and be left scratching there heads as to who and what they are about. I think there will be very little character development. I think that Superman will be diminished in his own film.

The way this should have gone down is Man of Steel Sequel; with Batman making a quick appearance. Then they should make Wonder-Woman, The Flash, then do a mini reboot on Batman and Green Lantern. Then make a Batman/Superman movie which should lead directly in to Justice League.

Here the real truth WB/DC has no faith in there other characters other then Superman and Batman. They don't believe Wonder-Woman and other DC characters can bring in Audience. However they want to do a Justice League so they are going to push as many of these characters off in to one film as they can possible get away with. Maybe it will all work out the way they hope. However they are walking a tight rope here. If they don't play it just right it will all fall apart. If it does not work out if it becomes a miss with the vast majority of the audience it will take years maybe longer for them to repair the damage and rebuild DC Universe in to films.

One big reason Marvel choose to focus on individual characters was done purposely. The first was to allow the vast majority of the audience to learn who these major players where and what they where about. This way when you got to Avengers they didn't have to bog the movie down with a lot of background information on these characters. The second reason was to contain each character in there own film so if one fails at box office it doesn't drag down the characters that do work and appeal to the public. They still connected the universe to a degree but in a very limited fashion.

My prediction is this. I believe Batman vs Superman will make enough money to push forward with Justice League. However I think majority of the audience are going to walk out disappointed with the film. I think Justice League will be made and will flop. This will sink the DC Universe completely including Superman movie. DC will back off of DC films for several years and focus on animated films more heavily, which might not be a bad idea all together.

I will admit that I could be wrong. However I don't think I am. I think in some ways I will turn out to be right. I think what will be both sad and amusing to me at the same time is that all of you will be the ones the most disappointed. I believe you will be right back here complaining about how they rushed and they should taken there time. That it didn't live up to you're expectations. I hope I'm wrong because but I don't think I am.

michael1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:26 PM   #17
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick
 
Pickleweasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,960
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

A more established Wonder Woman would make more money at the box office, decreasing its chances of failing. You can't honestly believe that a WW movie would bring in 100's of millions in just because she is an "A-list" character (which is she even anymore?)

It will take a decent sized budget to make a WW movie so the movie would have to make a lot of money in order for the studio to move forward with the character.

Having a character that people recognize will increase it's box office numbers automatically. Some of you need to put fandom of the character aside and see that introducing her in what will be a huge film gives WW the best chance to succeed.

Pickleweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:06 AM   #18
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,197
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Iron Man, Thor and possibly captain america were all less known characters than Wonder Woman before their movies, Marvel Studios had faith in them and here they are, i can't even count the time somebody who doesn't even know much about her asked "where is the wonder woman movie?" or a girl who doesn't even know much about the comics said she was her favorite hero.

She's a definite A-List since almost everybody know her, Flash is probably close too as an A-List, and Aquaman close to flash in that regard, so that makes 3 A-Lists that DC doesn't properly explore, deciding to cram some into Superman's sequel.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:39 AM   #19
jaymes_e06
TRINITY
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,405
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleweasel View Post
A more established Wonder Woman would make more money at the box office, decreasing its chances of failing. You can't honestly believe that a WW movie would bring in 100's of millions in just because she is an "A-list" character (which is she even anymore?)

It will take a decent sized budget to make a WW movie so the movie would have to make a lot of money in order for the studio to move forward with the character.

Having a character that people recognize will increase it's box office numbers automatically. Some of you need to put fandom of the character aside and see that introducing her in what will be a huge film gives WW the best chance to succeed.
I don't dissagree with you. But I'm confused about what you mean. I said when I first posted that WW should have a film after the Worlds Finest movie and she is established as a stand out bad ass character.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Holy s***, Jennifer Lawrence. How many f***ing nude pictures do you have? Every new fappening, there's like 30 more pictures.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #20
michael1975
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 246
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Let me be blunt I believe any comic book character can do well at the box office; some more then others. However it has to be done right. More to the point it has to be done with respect. I think if you respect the source material the rest will follow.

The key to making a successful Wonder-Woman is not to put her in her normal outfit. If you saw the short film by Rainfall the outfit in that is perfect. She is in an outfit that both makes her look like a warrior but also still makes her look sexy. If you don't know what I'm talking about here is a link to the short film by Rainfall Films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XATiV3gmy-Q

You need a good solid script that is both story driven and character driven. You can't get away with a Man of Steel where you it's all action and very little character development. Showing that Wonder-Woman is more then some goddess sex symbol. That she is a warrior that has a lot of dept. This is in my opinion really important. If it's all action and no story and character development then people are going to walk out see her as nothing more then sex symbol. Again draw from the comics and show that she is more then what she appears.

The next is advertising and this is big one. You have to push this character out there in the front of peoples minds. Show trailers that make people go "damn that's going to be awesome." yet at the same time not give to much away.

Last but not least you need an actress who can act. You can't just slap some hot chicken there and hope that she can pull it off. What is really going to sale the film and more importantly the character is not the action but the acting. You can take any one and sale an action or fight scene "That's what stunt doubles are for". However to sell the character you need some one who can actually act.

For the record no Gal Gadot can not act. She is fine as long as she is a supporting character but she not good enough to be a lead.

Yes I do believe Wonder-Woman could be a top grossing movie. However it doesn't have to be a top grossing movie. I think Thor is a perfect example of what this. Thor cost 150 million dollars to make. If I am not mistaken Thor made almost 200 million dollars. So it made it's money and then some.

However box don't matter unless the studio don't make there money back. As long as the studio makes there money back then what really effects whether or not a sequel is made is DVD and Blu-ray sells. Kevin Smith actually talked about this in one if his stand up shows.

So if Wonder-Woman cost 150 million to make and world wide it makes 200 million the studio made there money back and then some. Hitting 200 million is easy now days because of ticket prices. However where it will really count is on blu-ray and DVD. If the people that saw it loved it they will buy it. Then people rent it or borrow a copy from some one watch it an love it and thus they go out and buy it. So again as long as the movie was good and enough people loved it then it will do well on blu-ray and DVD and will branch out to more people who didn't see it at theater.

I also don't agree with the idea you need a big name to play these rolls. What you need is some one who can acting and will respect the character. It's up to the producers, Director and what not to sell the film. This is done through trailers and what not. Chris Hemsworth was not a big name when he made Thor. Most people probably didn't even know who this guy was till he made Thor. So the idea that you have to have a major actor is not true. Unfortunately we don't have any female Super heroes that have been given a chance at the box office. However I think they can sell just as easily as the male super heroes if done right and you don't need a big name to play those female characters.

michael1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:12 AM   #21
jaymes_e06
TRINITY
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,405
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Thor made 449 million WW.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Holy s***, Jennifer Lawrence. How many f***ing nude pictures do you have? Every new fappening, there's like 30 more pictures.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:25 AM   #22
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick
 
Pickleweasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,960
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Marvel probably didn't make much money from Thor or Captain America though. They also are not movies with a female lead. Would WB really be keen on making another WW movie if the first only made 449 million world wide on what I would assume to be a $150 million budget at least?

I am just saying that because they put WW in this movie it does not mean that WB is rushing anything. Instead they are giving WW a better chance to succeed. WW fans don't get that though and think she should have a movie before she gets introduced in a cameo. Somehow cameos are below wonder woman.

Pickleweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:29 AM   #23
jaymes_e06
TRINITY
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,405
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Hunger Games
The Heat
Gravity
That is all just this year.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Holy s***, Jennifer Lawrence. How many f***ing nude pictures do you have? Every new fappening, there's like 30 more pictures.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #24
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,197
Default Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1975 View Post
Let me be blunt I believe any comic book character can do well at the box office; some more then others. However it has to be done right. More to the point it has to be done with respect. I think if you respect the source material the rest will follow.
And from WB's decisions it seems like they're having respect for the money they can get instead of respect for the characters.

Quote:
The key to making a successful Wonder-Woman is not to put her in her normal outfit. If you saw the short film by Rainfall the outfit in that is perfect. She is in an outfit that both makes her look like a warrior but also still makes her look sexy. If you don't know what I'm talking about here is a link to the short film by Rainfall Films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XATiV3gmy-Q
I know that well, and i never though she should have the original costume, in fact i think that something like this is the best way to go:



And i don't understand that things about her having to look sexy besides being a warrior, when i look at Katniss doing what she does best i don't think she's being sexy, she definitelly looks atractive, but most of all, her sex doesn't interfere with the way you look at her, i'm not thinking "how hot", i'm way too immersed in the story and the way the film is done fortunatelly doesn't sexualize her, that's what a WW movie should do.

From that short film once thing i wouldn't do is WW flying, i just think it doesn't fit her Amazonian fighting style very much, but that's besides the point.

Quote:
You need a good solid script that is both story driven and character driven. You can't get away with a Man of Steel where you it's all action and very little character development. Showing that Wonder-Woman is more then some goddess sex symbol. That she is a warrior that has a lot of dept. This is in my opinion really important. If it's all action and no story and character development then people are going to walk out see her as nothing more then sex symbol. Again draw from the comics and show that she is more then what she appears.
So, how does that go against her getting a film instead of a cameo?

Quote:
The next is advertising and this is big one. You have to push this character out there in the front of peoples minds. Show trailers that make people go "damn that's going to be awesome." yet at the same time not give to much away.
Once again, even more reasons to make the film, Marvel Studios for example handled their properties well, and they were not as known as DC's.

Quote:
Last but not least you need an actress who can act. You can't just slap some hot chicken there and hope that she can pull it off. What is really going to sale the film and more importantly the character is not the action but the acting. You can take any one and sale an action or fight scene "That's what stunt doubles are for". However to sell the character you need some one who can actually act.

For the record no Gal Gadot can not act. She is fine as long as she is a supporting character but she not good enough to be a lead.
Then don't cast Gale Gadot, cast an actress who can pull this off. There were a lot of suggestions of actresses who could do that, both in this forum and around the internet.

Quote:
Yes I do believe Wonder-Woman could be a top grossing movie. However it doesn't have to be a top grossing movie. I think Thor is a perfect example of what this. Thor cost 150 million dollars to make. If I am not mistaken Thor made almost 200 million dollars. So it made it's money and then some.
If it did that it would have lost money and we wouldn't have gotten a sequel due to the fact that Marketing also costs a lot and cinemas keep a percentage of the profit, nowadays films have to make around twice of what they cost. And Thor was a success, grossing some 400 million

Quote:
However box don't matter unless the studio don't make there money back. As long as the studio makes there money back then what really effects whether or not a sequel is made is DVD and Blu-ray sells. Kevin Smith actually talked about this in one if his stand up shows.
Your point being?

Quote:
So if Wonder-Woman cost 150 million to make and world wide it makes 200 million the studio made there money back and then some. Hitting 200 million is easy now days because of ticket prices. However where it will really count is on blu-ray and DVD. If the people that saw it loved it they will buy it. Then people rent it or borrow a copy from some one watch it an love it and thus they go out and buy it. So again as long as the movie was good and enough people loved it then it will do well on blu-ray and DVD and will branch out to more people who didn't see it at theater.
If a WW movie made as much as Thor it would be a success, and considering this is Wonder Woman, that is very likelly as long as the film was decent and entertaining.

Quote:
I also don't agree with the idea you need a big name to play these rolls.
Huh? Are you talking about me? I never said that you needed a big name to play these roles

Quote:
What you need is some one who can acting and will respect the character. It's up to the producers, Director and what not to sell the film. This is done through trailers and what not. Chris Hemsworth was not a big name when he made Thor. Most people probably didn't even know who this guy was till he made Thor. So the idea that you have to have a major actor is not true.
I agree, so once again i don't know where you got the need to say it since i don't anybody here thinking the characters needs to be portrayed by an A-list actress.

Quote:
Unfortunately we don't have any female Super heroes that have been given a chance at the box office. However I think they can sell just as easily as the male super heroes if done right and you don't need a big name to play those female characters.
As Jaymes_e06 said:
The Heat
Hunger Games
Gravity

Hell, this is Wonder Woman, the name almost sells itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleweasel View Post
Marvel probably didn't make much money from Thor or Captain America though. They also are not movies with a female lead. Would WB really be keen on making another WW movie if the first only made 449 million world wide on what I would assume to be a $150 million budget at least?
Probably, yeah. Expecially since after Justice League's success they would be interested in seeing what more money Wonder Woman 2 could bring.

Quote:
I am just saying that because they put WW in this movie it does not mean that WB is rushing anything. Instead they are giving WW a better chance to succeed. WW fans don't get that though and think she should have a movie before she gets introduced in a cameo. Somehow cameos are below wonder woman.
Uhm, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are DC's big trinity. They are some of the World's most popular and known heroes of all time, SUperman's great film début was a blockbuster starring a top actor who has since become the image for the character, Batman got his oun major blockbuster too with an A-list for a villain, Wonder Woman is getting her début as a cameo in the Superman vs Batman movie, portrayed by an actress that not only doesn't have the body type of the character, but she doesn't have that much experience either and not very talented from what we've seen thus far.

Yes, Wonder Woman deserved much better than that. And since this is her début, yes, a cameo is below her.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #25
Revenant
Ted Kord
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Saint Paul, Mn
Posts: 208
Awesome Re: How the justice league movie should be approached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
No offense but Wonder Woman deserves a movie before The Flash
This movie would be out grossed at the box office by Gigli.

Revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.