Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #26
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread

New threeeeeeead.

Create a Hero RPG SEASON III Application

Character you have created: Goddess
Alias: Formerly known as both "Queen", and "Françoise Beaumont." Only goes by Goddess now.

Speech Color Century Gothic purple

Character Alignment: Villan

Identity:N/A

Character Personality Goddess is hellbent on restoring her full powers and increasing them, by any means necessary. Corrupted by the forces she yields, it has also led her to become quite arrogant, and even sadistic, enjoying the pain she inflicts on others, or causes others to do in her name. Manipulative, she's not above forcing people to convert to her "religion" or destroying them for fun. Many view her as possibly mentally imbalanced, most likely due to her corruption and extreme empowerment, and extreme depowerment. She does not view herself to have "peers". Just subjects, heretics, and masses.

Uniform/costume: Long golden blonde hair, fair skin complexion, most of her face hidden behind a butterfly themed purple masque, the eye holes pitch black. She wears a long sleeved, full shouldered, neck encompassing white and purple dress, mutliple layered, almost like a thicker wedding dress, complete with a section much like a clothed corset to allow the dress to flow from, and over it, a large red cloak, trimmed in black, held together at the neck by a circular piece of gold, with a swirling circle engraved to it.

Origin Info/Details: Born Françoise, Goddess was a commoner groomed to be brought in to the noble's court, where she eventually was accepted, and from there, was chosen to be married to the noble. The noble himself was a great magic user, who fought demons and healed the sick. As his wife, Goddess went as well. Eventually, Goddess began to despise death, fearing it even, as she couldn't save everybody. In a particularly alarming outbreak of a ravenous plague in several remote areas, Goddess and her husband went to heal them, with the Goddess contracting this plague herself, facing death. Rather than succumb, she summoned a demon to trade her body's space, and a favor in the future, for everlasting life instead, corrupting her. Healed, and forever youthful, Goddess set back on her work to heal and survive, but now felt she was just not powerful enough. And so she started amassing more and more power. Consulting dark arts and demons, bonding their powers and beings to her own, furthering her corruption, turning her desire to stave off death into a twisted view of power to replace death, so it can never claim her. From there, she sought to become a magical god, and succeeded for a short time, until a grouping of powerful magicians, priests, and others from far and wide sheared her power down, and sealed her within an amulet, to be worn by a great magician to forever contain her power, and eventually purify and use it. However, one demon did manage to cling to Goddess, the first demon, the demon who allowed her to continue living. In the modern age, she has been released by a group of magicians who failed to understand the forces being released. Goddess, however weakened, returns to her original task: To amass power, rule reality, and replace all power with her own. (Shortened and dumbed down IMMENSELY to make it fit better).

Hero Type (Select one): Mystic

Power Level (Select one below): World level/formerly cosmic level.

Powers (Be Specific): Master spellcaster, capabe of using most types of magic to an alarmingly trained level. Capable of summoning lower to middle class demons with little effort, and can summon larger class demons with rituals and spells. Sealing magics she's not as particularly talented with, but can utilizing branding magics (she can "brand" an individual to obey her commands like a thrall, but requires quite a bit of power to activate and maintain while in use. No worries, I don't plan on using this on more than just a few random passerby's, and not on players unless the player and I talk about it and junk first. +P), destruction magic, healing magic, dimensional magic (to some degree she can warp space here and there, or even teleport, which is more or less an extension of her summoning magic), fly and levitate, and cast illusions. She can also "summon" weapons and artifacts she has collected inside of her shroud, but it's only regular weaponry, as it requires consistent magical spending to simply keep them contained on her persons, and typically used to spill and absorb blood. She can also use defensive, and augmentative magics. She can utilize "Quickspeak" spellcasting, which uses much more of her internal magic, but allows her to bypass long spell chanting in the matter of a second.

Attributes (Select one at each category):

Strength Level:Normal Human

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Her speed is normal human, however, her reaction time is fairly good, given the nature of her abilities.

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: Four hours maximum depending on the spells used.

Agility: Normal Human

Intelligence: While bright, she's fairly average aside from magic, where she's a naturally occuring genius. -Somewhat- understands technology, but doesn't much.

Fighting Skill: Untrained

Resources: Resides in the former castle, which was populated. It has a pool she can use as transportation to and from, a large library of magical spells for her to study, a lab for her to do her alchemy. The castle itself is traced with defensive spells, from moderate sentries, to detonation spells. It's also filled with several latest technology gizmos, however, Goddess doesn't know how to operate them, and doesn't seem to try to.

Weaknesses : Goddess' primary weaknesses is the lack of power she once possessed, and the fact she's mortal, with regular human reactions and strength. Usually relying on multiple forces to shield her as she casts spells. She also needs to eat, and drink. (If those are really weaknesses. =P)

Supporting Characters : Goddess has a cat familiar she endowed with a partial immortality spell (she can only use the spell with the demon attached to her), it can talk, is fairly smart, and very durable. All others she's known or loved have either expired due to old age, are in her "employ", or were killed by her in exchange for more power.

List a few reasons why you've created that character:
Leave me alone, I'm drinking! j/k
This looks like fun, it struck a creative cord in me, I wanna join in.
I'm a big fan of multiple people playing in a single game.
I'm far too used to being restricted to a computer due to my job, and now that I got free time, I dunno what else to do with it. =/

What can you bring to the RPG?: A villan. Ha. >=D

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Yah.

Sample Post :

The Goddess did not see the point of this baffling look offered to her from this bafoon ever since she walked into the dirty, smelly food service establishment. As well, she was also quickly losing her patience with him and his annoying little green hat. Goddess grimaced, coming from a time where people snapped to, responded immediately to her whims and commands without faltering, and most importantly, did not look her directly in the eye. This young man, however, could not manage to fulfill even one of those guidelines, and the mercy of the Goddess was wearing awfully thin with this lack of respect.

To ease the idiot's tongue, Goddess raised her right arm from beneath her cloak, her gloved right hand making a pointing gesture with her index and middle fingers pointed straight out in line with the young man's head, and remained silent, the young man beginning to freak out a little more.

"I...I-I don't know what you want..." his voice was cracking, the stress on him palpable, his forehead showing sweat now. Of course, the scene was not lost on the room, with many people looking at the flamboyantly dressed woman with faces ranging from shock, to laughs, to sneers, not understanding just who it was they were watching. If anything, this aggrivated Goddess all the more.

The manager pretty much stomped his way into the conversation, "WHAT the heck is going on here?" the manager demanded of the woman, who turned slightly to what could only be assumed as looking at him, the black voids in her mask giving no clue as to what her eyes even looked like, much less told where they looked.

"The waste imp wanted me to actually -pay- for a peasant's gruel, which isn't even good enough for the horses I'd poison it with normally," was all the woman said, her voice thick in the accent of French, her voice low and demanding, even condescending.

She then grinned,
"Duchet" and with but the single word spoken, her extended arm, almost seem to have the air swirl around it, as a slightly growling tone filled the room by just a whisper, and the young man's head began to glow brightly, followed by the bang of a small explosion. Much like pressure released in the great white flash, a fine red mist shot it's way onto person, food, and wall alike in the room, and a thump of a lifeless, headless body hit the floor. Goddess lowered her arm back beneath her cloak, her own body not touched at all.

"Perhaps, Peon, you'll be more respectful of the Divine's commands?"

Old 03-11-2010, 11:25 PM   #27
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Character you have created:
The Survivor
Alias: He is currently using the name "Adam Locke"

Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not): Bold Arial

Character Alignment: Hero

Identity: Secret

Character Personality: The Survivor is very much a lost soul with only his own moral compass guiding him. He killed the evil alien Admiral Keelan last season, which weighs heavily on his conscience when he knows that there were alternative solutions. Adam is your standard dark, shadowy character, and he honestly wants to make Lost Haven a safe place. Of course, having no memory of who he truly is or how he came to be has left a large hole in him, and the Survivor feels that gap gnawing at him every second. He's also kind of a jerk, unless he really cares for someone.

Origin Info/Details: The Survivor awoke at the beginning of the first season of CAH with no memory and chained to trees deep in the wilderness. Freeing himself and making his way to civilization, he discovered his face on Wanted bulletins for suspicions of terrorism. After briefly fighting law enforcement, he was eventually given a costume that regenerates itself along with his body, and was put on the path to heroism by a mysterious figure called Shades. The suspicions of any criminal activities seem to have inexplicably faded from the minds of the people of the world over time. With his powers and skills, the Survivor has now taken on the civilian alias of Adam Locke, amassed a small fortune, and has joined the team of superheroes known as The Guardians.

Through the last two seasons, it has been revealed that the Survivor was created by the United States President William Blake, who is also the cosmically powerful entity named The Reaper. Although Adam himself is unaware of many of these details, The Reaper apparently created him for the purpose of filling the role of an "Avatar of Life." More will soon be revealed.

Hero Type (Select one):
Energy (What kind of energy? Ex. Electricity, Fire)

Energy projection (I'll just call it "plasma energy" for lack of a better term), but his superstrength, martial arts skills, enhanced reflexes, and healing factor are also noteworthy parts of his arsenal.

Power Level (Select one below):
3. World Level (Ex. Flash, Superman)

Powers (Be Specific): Superhuman strength and enhanced speed, coupled with Olympic-level gymnastics training makes for superhuman agility. The Survivor also has highly advanced unarmed and armed combat training ingrained into his mind, despite having no memories of taking part in any such training. His cells have been engineered to regenerate at unparalleled rates, going so far as to heal lost limbs and major organs in a matter of seconds, making the Survivor practically immortal. Note that he regrew a large portion of brain matter after putting a gun in his mouth in Season I, so the limits of his healing factor (if any) are likely quite high. The Survivor has also tapped into the power to manipulate energy waves by unknown means, creating intense heat and energy blasts from his hands and eyes.

Strength Level: Normal Human, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100 tons. (Characters stronger then 100 tons fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Normal Human, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100 MPH. (Characters at 100 MPH or faster fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: Over 5 hours.

Agility: Normal Human, 5X, 10X, 15X, or 20X Human level. (Characters at 20X or higher fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Intelligence: Average intelligence overall, but is a genius tactician in guerrilla warfare and analyzing enemies' surface strengths and weaknesses (Adam is independently wealthy because of his use of this tactical talent to bet on horse racing, knowing which jockeys and horses would stand the greatest chance of winning and losing). He continues to play the stock market and chooses investment opportunities by using variations on these analytical skills.

Fighting Skill: Mastered.

Resources: Average.

Weaknesses: The Survivor does have intense mental trauma resulting from hidden memories. I didn't get a chance to show them in the first season, but they are there. His healing factor will also slow down greatly if the damage is severe enough, such as being burned alive as he was at the end of the first season. During his fight with a corrupted version of the hero Archangel, it was shown that celestial weapons might also be capable of slowing down the Survivor's healing powers to a degree.

Supporting Characters:
Kat Anderson - Police detective who may find herself attracted to this new figure hopping on rooftops.
Lyle - Pure brawn, invulnerable, and psychotic, who Alex believes to be a fellow escapee from the lab, which he may very well be, but he's also much more.
The Reaper - A shadow who holds many answers to the Survivor's secrets. He has an awareness of the cosmic Game Masters who were shown as the omniscient introductory narrators at the beginning of the first season. The Reaper is responsible for the Survivor's creation and the assortment of villains who have been hunting Adam for a number of months now.
Shades - Someone who appears to be simply a man in a slick suit and tie and wearing sunglasses, but this man holds untold powers and chose to act as the Survivor's pseudo-spirit guide. Shades was the one who crafted the Survivor's healing costume, is aware of the cosmic Game Masters' existence, and has a relationship with the Reaper (unknown if they're friends or enemies).
Psycho - A villain made of a strange liquid metallic element; he took great pleasure in torturing the Survivor in their horrific fight, both physically and mentally. The origin of his hatred will hopefully be elaborated on in this season.
Nitro - A female assassin, the sister of Det. Kat Anderson, Nitro has a very large arsenal at her disposal.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: It's a character I created years ago and fleshed out a lot of his story during my wacky youth. I look forward to torturing the Survivor as brutally as possible, seeing as how he'll just grow whatever he's lost right back again.

What can you bring to the RPG?: I can bring a character who didn't care about anyone at first, but has grown to be a genuine hero... even if he has been dodging bullets and lasers from both sides of the law all the way. I'm also hoping to bring the expansive arc that I had planned around the Survivor from the beginning to this season.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:

Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_x1 View Post
It was anything but a long wait from the time that the Survivor left Patches lying in a puddle of his own urine, to now, where Adam had traveled the snow-covered rooftops and alleyways to arrive at the corner of one of the taller buildings overlooking the West Haven docks. It had taken less than five minutes, if he had counted right, and only now was a black SUV driving to the edge above the water.

The Survivor waited and watched as several men got out of the car and cautiously walked to the back and opened the rear door of the large vehicle. "You weighted the bag pretty damn well," Survivor heard one of them say to the other, from far below as the criminals reached into the back of the car, "I can barely lift this sonuvab**ch!"

As soon as the two gangsters pulled the body out of the car, one of them looked over his partner's shoulder and dropped his half of the body that they were carrying, gasping in shock. Puzzled and angered with his partner's actions, the other gangster dropped his own half of the load. "What the hell is your problem, Nicko?!" Nicko, in turn, chose what was probably the smart move, and ran away. It was only then that the remaining gangster noticed the large shadow looming over his own in the white snow.

"The Police have already been called." growled the Survivor. "Your friend won't get far. I'll drag him back here in a minute, once I'm done with you." Suddenly, the criminal reached into his coat and pulled out a gun as he spun around to take aim at the hero. Without a word, and in one swift motion, Adam reached out and snapped the man's wrist, letting the weapon drop uselessly into the snow.

"This is a warning." The Survivor swung the gangster around and into the side of the car, hard, dislocating the arm whose wrist had just been broken, and then bent down to look the small rat of a man in the eyes, "When you're behind bars and get your one phone call, tell Zano to leave town, or he'll be the next piece of garbage that I take out." And with another flawless move, the Survivor knocked the hoodlum out cold and threw him into the back seat of the SUV. It didn't take long to find and engage the accomplice, bring his unconscious body back to the scene of the crime, and lock him in the car as well.

Adam watched from the shadows as two squad cars soon arrived and the two gangsters were stuffed into a new back seat (of the police cruiser this time), and were brought to the station as the second car remained at the scene until the SUV and dead body on the ground could be processed and brought in.

All in a good night's work, thought the Survivor. Let's see how far I can punch my way through this foodchain.

Last edited by Spike_x1; 03-11-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #28
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouFerignoDemon View Post
New threeeeeeead.

Character you have created: Goddess
Alias: Formerly known as both "Queen", and "Françoise Beaumont." Only goes by Goddess now.

Speech Color Century Gothic purple

Character Alignment: Villan

Identity:N/A

Character Personality Goddess is hellbent on restoring her full powers and increasing them, by any means necessary. Corrupted by the forces she yields, it has also led her to become quite arrogant, and even sadistic, enjoying the pain she inflicts on others, or causes others to do in her name. Manipulative, she's not above forcing people to convert to her "religion" or destroying them for fun. Many view her as possibly mentally imbalanced, most likely due to her corruption and extreme empowerment, and extreme depowerment. She does not view herself to have "peers". Just subjects, heretics, and masses.

Uniform/costume: Long golden blonde hair, fair skin complexion, most of her face hidden behind a butterfly themed purple masque, the eye holes pitch black. She wears a long sleeved, full shouldered, neck encompassing white and purple dress, mutliple layered, almost like a thicker wedding dress, complete with a section much like a clothed corset to allow the dress to flow from, and over it, a large red cloak, trimmed in black, held together at the neck by a circular piece of gold, with a swirling circle engraved to it.

Origin Info/Details: Born Françoise, Goddess was a commoner groomed to be brought in to the noble's court, where she eventually was accepted, and from there, was chosen to be married to the noble. The noble himself was a great magic user, who fought demons and healed the sick. As his wife, Goddess went as well. Eventually, Goddess began to despise death, fearing it even, as she couldn't save everybody. In a particularly alarming outbreak of a ravenous plague in several remote areas, Goddess and her husband went to heal them, with the Goddess contracting this plague herself, facing death. Rather than succumb, she summoned a demon to trade her body's space, and a favor in the future, for everlasting life instead, corrupting her. Healed, and forever youthful, Goddess set back on her work to heal and survive, but now felt she was just not powerful enough. And so she started amassing more and more power. Consulting dark arts and demons, bonding their powers and beings to her own, furthering her corruption, turning her desire to stave off death into a twisted view of power to replace death, so it can never claim her. From there, she sought to become a magical god, and succeeded for a short time, until a grouping of powerful magicians, priests, and others from far and wide sheared her power down, and sealed her within an amulet, to be worn by a great magician to forever contain her power, and eventually purify and use it. However, one demon did manage to cling to Goddess, the first demon, the demon who allowed her to continue living. In the modern age, she has been released by a group of magicians who failed to understand the forces being released. Goddess, however weakened, returns to her original task: To amass power, rule reality, and replace all power with her own. (Shortened and dumbed down IMMENSELY to make it fit better).

Hero Type (Select one): Mystic

Power Level (Select one below): World level/formerly cosmic level.

Powers (Be Specific): Master spellcaster, capabe of using most types of magic to an alarmingly trained level. Capable of summoning lower to middle class demons with little effort, and can summon larger class demons with rituals and spells. Sealing magics she's not as particularly talented with, but can utilizing branding magics (she can "brand" an individual to obey her commands like a thrall, but requires quite a bit of power to activate and maintain while in use. No worries, I don't plan on using this on more than just a few random passerby's, and not on players unless the player and I talk about it and junk first. +P), destruction magic, healing magic, dimensional magic (to some degree she can warp space here and there, or even teleport, which is more or less an extension of her summoning magic), fly and levitate, and cast illusions. She can also "summon" weapons and artifacts she has collected inside of her shroud, but it's only regular weaponry, as it requires consistent magical spending to simply keep them contained on her persons, and typically used to spill and absorb blood. She can also use defensive, and augmentative magics. She can utilize "Quickspeak" spellcasting, which uses much more of her internal magic, but allows her to bypass long spell chanting in the matter of a second.

Strength Level:Normal Human

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Her speed is normal human, however, her reaction time is fairly good, given the nature of her abilities.

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: Four hours maximum depending on the spells used.

Agility: Normal Human

Intelligence: While bright, she's fairly average aside from magic, where she's a naturally occuring genius. -Somewhat- understands technology, but doesn't much.

Resources: Resides in the former castle, which was populated. It has a pool she can use as transportation to and from, a large library of magical spells for her to study, a lab for her to do her alchemy. The castle itself is traced with defensive spells, from moderate sentries, to detonation spells. It's also filled with several latest technology gizmos, however, Goddess doesn't know how to operate them, and doesn't seem to try to.

Weaknesses : Goddess' primary weaknesses is the lack of power she once possessed, and the fact she's mortal, with regular human reactions and strength. Usually relying on multiple forces to shield her as she casts spells. She also needs to eat, and drink. (If those are really weaknesses. =P)

Supporting Characters : Goddess has a cat familiar she endowed with a partial immortality spell (she can only use the spell with the demon attached to her), it can talk, is fairly smart, and very durable. All others she's known or loved have either expired due to old age, are in her "employ", or were killed by her in exchange for more power.

Leave me alone, I'm drinking! j/k
This looks like fun, it struck a creative cord in me, I wanna join in.
I'm a big fan of multiple people playing in a single game.
I'm far too used to being restricted to a computer due to my job, and now that I got free time, I dunno what else to do with it. =/

What can you bring to the RPG?: A villan. Ha. >=D

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Yah.

Sample Post :

The Goddess did not see the point of this baffling look offered to her from this bafoon ever since she walked into the dirty, smelly food service establishment. As well, she was also quickly losing her patience with him and his annoying little green hat. Goddess grimaced, coming from a time where people snapped to, responded immediately to her whims and commands without faltering, and most importantly, did not look her directly in the eye. This young man, however, could not manage to fulfill even one of those guidelines, and the mercy of the Goddess was wearing awfully thin with this lack of respect.

To ease the idiot's tongue, Goddess raised her right arm from beneath her cloak, her gloved right hand making a pointing gesture with her index and middle fingers pointed straight out in line with the young man's head, and remained silent, the young man beginning to freak out a little more.

"I...I-I don't know what you want..." his voice was cracking, the stress on him palpable, his forehead showing sweat now. Of course, the scene was not lost on the room, with many people looking at the flamboyantly dressed woman with faces ranging from shock, to laughs, to sneers, not understanding just who it was they were watching. If anything, this aggrivated Goddess all the more.

The manager pretty much stomped his way into the conversation, "WHAT the heck is going on here?" the manager demanded of the woman, who turned slightly to what could only be assumed as looking at him, the black voids in her mask giving no clue as to what her eyes even looked like, much less told where they looked.

"The waste imp wanted me to actually -pay- for a peasant's gruel, which isn't even good enough for the horses I'd poison it with normally," was all the woman said, her voice thick in the accent of French, her voice low and demanding, even condescending.

She then grinned,
"Duchet" and with but the single word spoken, her extended arm, almost seem to have the air swirl around it, as a slightly growling tone filled the room by just a whisper, and the young man's head began to glow brightly, followed by the bang of a small explosion. Much like pressure released in the great white flash, a fine red mist shot it's way onto person, food, and wall alike in the room, and a thump of a lifeless, headless body hit the floor. Goddess lowered her arm back beneath her cloak, her own body not touched at all.

"Perhaps, Peon, you'll be more respectful of the Divine's commands?"
Approved.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:29 PM   #29
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Survivor and Goddess are approved

Old 03-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #30
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Subscribed.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 03-12-2010, 12:06 AM   #31
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Subscribed.
Forget subscribing....get your Fontaine app up

Old 03-12-2010, 12:06 AM   #32
Rain Dog
Failure

Character you have created: Charlie Maximillian Atlas

Alias: Olympus Mons

Speech Color: Arial Black, Red

Identity: Secret (at first)

Character Personality: Atlas is a classic narcissist, totally in love with everything about himself. Atlas is boorish, shallow, conceited, an all-out attention whore, and a bit prejudiced. Atlas is more concerned with the celebrity aspect of being super hero, openly welcoming paparazzi and sponsors. In spite of his great power, he’s lazy and even a bit cowardly at times, not hesitating to haul ass if a fight doesn’t look like it’d be in his favor. One the worst parts of Atlas’s personality is the fact that he’s convinced everyone loves him, making him very hard to get rid of when he’s not wanted (which is 99% of the time).

Uniform/costume: I’ll come up with it later. I'm thinking omething Supermany

Origin Info/Details: Born into a wealthy family, Charles Maximillian Atlas was the son of renowned astronomer Dr. Gregory Murdock Atlas. Charles was spoiled as a child, and grew up with an insatiable sense of entitlement, utterly convinced the world revolves around him. At school, Charles was very popular, a star athlete, and an infamous bully. Charles managed to attend and graduate from the University of Miami on a football scholarship and was subsequently hired by his father to work at the Kennedy Space Center. Charles was terribly unqualified and never took his job seriously but he remained in his position thanks to his father pulling strings. After an experiment conducted to study the effects of solar winds on the atmosphere of Mars, Charles was blasted with cosmic radiation and endowed with great powers. Eager to milk these powers for all they were worth, Charles relocated to Lost Haven, “super-hero central” in hopes of becoming a part time crime fighter and full time celebrity.

Hero Type (Select one): Brick/Muscle

Power Level (Select one below): World Level (Ex. Flash, Superman))

Powers (Be Specific): Flight, Nigh Invulnerability, Super-Strength, Super Speed, Ability emit thermal energy in the form of blasts, Enhanced Healing, Super-Human Senses

Strength Level: 250+ tons

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 200 mph, 380 mph when flying

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 6 hours

Agility: 20 X Normal Human

Intelligence: Below Average

Resources: Average

Weaknesses: When planet Venus aligns with Earth, his powers are cut in half.

Supporting Characters: His father, Dr. Atlas. Probably some more eventually.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: Everyone’s done the story of the nerdy teen or the super nice guy with a strong sense of morality being endowed with great power and great responsibility—what if these were given to a total jerk? Rather than the nerdy kid with getting the powers, it’s the dumb jock. I thought it would be fun to play a hero that’s incredibly annoying and stupid but also incredibly powerful, forcing people to tolerate him. I also imagined his interactions with other heroes (specifically the Guardians) would be high-larious.

What can you bring to the RPG?: A humorous character that, as far as I know, hasn’t been done before.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Yup.

Dr. Gregory Murdock Atlas. I can’t believe it. I can’t believe he’s actually going to take me to his lab today! I’ve looked up to this man since I was crawling on all fours. He’s the entire reason I wanted to become an astronomer. He’s the reason I love science. I feel blessed to have such a great father. Without him, this would still be nothing more than a dream to me.

“Excited, Charles?”

I nodded vigorously. He chuckled and pushed open the doors to the lab.

“This way people,” he said. I wasn’t the only one. There was a group of future scientists, all around my age. It felt good to be surrounded by my kind of people.

“This,” Dr. Atlas said, “Is our crowning achievement.”

He gestured to an enormous machine that looked like some sort of futuristic telescope. It was easily the size of three or four school buses stacked length-wise. It was pointed skyward, going right through an opening in the ceiling and into the azure sky. Half of the group’s jaws drop. Including mine. This must be it. The Atmospherical Replication Unit.

“This machine both monitors and actually replicates the atmospherical conditions of any planet we point it to, making it easier for us to study here on Earth. Right now, a solar wind is sweeping through the solar system and has interesting effects on many different planets’ atmospheres. Right now, the device is aimed at Mars. We’ll start it up for you so that you can see this fine machine at work for yourselves.”

I have to keep myself from screaming with glee. It’s dorky, I know. But I can’t help it—never has anything like this ever been built. Just thinking of the possibilities—of how this machine can revolutionize astronomy is just overwhelming!

“Dr. Kaufman, please activate ARU.”

An older man in a white lab coat nods and punches a few buttons on a control panel adjacent to the machine. ARU buzzes and hums, lights begin flashing and a round “lens” on the tip of the machine begins to rotate, “focusing” in on the target.

“Activate the sonic transducer!”

Kaufman nods and punches a few more. Buttons. The buzzing and humming and mechanical whir of turning gears grows louder and louder. More lights flash. The doctor places his hand on my shoulder and smiles.

“You’ve chosen the right line of work, Charles.”

I return his smile with one of my own. Then—

“Dr. Atlas! Something’s wrong! The solar wind has caused some sort of power spike! ARU is overloading!”

“Dear God! Shut it off!”

“I can’t! It’s too far along now! It might—”

“Shut it off! Shut it off!”

There’s a panicked look on the group’s face. And mine.

Kaufman pulls a lever and the flashing lights stop. But the machine does it.

“No! Everyone, get down!” Dr. Atlas screams. But it’s too late. The base of the machine explodes and a brilliant ray of crimson light is fired from the atmosphere containment unit. The glowing ray comes right at me…

…and whizzes over my shoulder, striking a buff guy standing behind me. Charlie Atlas. Dr. Atlas’s son whom I have the misfortune of sharing a first name with. Charlie’s iPod’s earbuds and eardrum-splittingly loud music prevented him from hearing his father’s warning or the blast. He is blasted by the ray and sent to the ground, twitching as smoke billows around him.

“CHARLIE!!!” Dr. Atlas screams as he runs to his fallen offspring. He lifts the boy’s head and begins to weep.

“Oh Charlie, speak to me, son! Are you ok?!”

Charlie begins to move, just a little bit. He groans and then slowly sits up.

“Actually, yeah, I feel pretty ****in’ awesome.”

Charlie then rose to his feet…and continued to rise. He began to hover a meter off the ground.

“Holy crap! I’m one of them whatcha call its—metos or something.”

He proceeded to fire a bright ray of crimson light from his eyes, very similar to the one that hit him, at ARU, melting the machine into a huge glob of twisted metal.

“Tight. I’ma head out now,” he said as he took to the skies. Dr. Atlas stared up at the heavens, completely dumbfouned. He then turned to me.

“...So...how’s Bill?” he asked.

“Dad? He’s fine.”

“Yeah, he told me you wanted to be here. Anything for a fellow Delta Kappa Epsilon.”

Old 03-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #33
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteMare Shape View Post
Forget subscribing....get your Fontaine app up
I would but I've got a lot on at the moment and don't want to throw the app in until I know I'll have the time to participate and give you guys the effort you deserve.

Have some work issues at the moment... once they'r all sorted out I'll throw the pp up and be back on board.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 03-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #34
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dog View Post

Character you have created: Charlie Maximillian Atlas

Alias: Olympus Mons

Speech Color: Arial Black, Red

Identity: Secret (at first)

Character Personality: Atlas is a classic narcissist, totally in love with everything about himself. Atlas is boorish, shallow, conceited, an all-out attention whore, and a bit prejudiced. Atlas is more concerned with the celebrity aspect of being super hero, openly welcoming paparazzi and sponsors. In spite of his great power, he’s lazy and even a bit cowardly at times, not hesitating to haul ass if a fight doesn’t look like it’d be in his favor. One the worst parts of Atlas’s personality is the fact that he’s convinced everyone loves him, making him very hard to get rid of when he’s not wanted (which is 99% of the time).

Uniform/costume: I’ll come up with it later. I'm thinking omething Supermany

Origin Info/Details: Born into a wealthy family, Charles Maximillian Atlas was the son of renowned astronomer Dr. Gregory Murdock Atlas. Charles was spoiled as a child, and grew up with an insatiable sense of entitlement, utterly convinced the world revolves around him. At school, Charles was very popular, a star athlete, and an infamous bully. Charles managed to attend and graduate from the University of Miami on a football scholarship and was subsequently hired by his father to work at the Kennedy Space Center. Charles was terribly unqualified and never took his job seriously but he remained in his position thanks to his father pulling strings. After an experiment conducted to study the effects of solar winds on the atmosphere of Mars, Charles was blasted with cosmic radiation and endowed with great powers. Eager to milk these powers for all they were worth, Charles relocated to Lost Haven, “super-hero central” in hopes of becoming a part time crime fighter and full time celebrity.

Hero Type (Select one): Brick/Muscle

Power Level (Select one below): World Level (Ex. Flash, Superman))

Powers (Be Specific): Flight, Nigh Invulnerability, Super-Strength, Super Speed, Ability emit thermal energy in the form of blasts, Enhanced Healing, Super-Human Senses

Strength Level: 250+ tons

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 200 mph, 380 mph when flying

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 6 hours

Agility: 20 X Normal Human

Intelligence: Below Average

Weaknesses: When planet Venus aligns with Earth, his powers are cut in half.

Supporting Characters: His father, Dr. Atlas. Probably some more eventually.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: Everyone’s done the story of the nerdy teen or the super nice guy with a strong sense of morality being endowed with great power and great responsibility—what if these were given to a total jerk? Rather than the nerdy kid with getting the powers, it’s the dumb jock. I thought it would be fun to play a hero that’s incredibly annoying and stupid but also incredibly powerful, forcing people to tolerate him. I also imagined his interactions with other heroes (specifically the Guardians) would be high-larious.

What can you bring to the RPG?: A humorous character that, as far as I know, hasn’t been done before.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Yup.

Dr. Gregory Murdock Atlas. I can’t believe it. I can’t believe he’s actually going to take me to his lab today! I’ve looked up to this man since I was crawling on all fours. He’s the entire reason I wanted to become an astronomer. He’s the reason I love science. I feel blessed to have such a great father. Without him, this would still be nothing more than a dream to me.

“Excited, Charles?”

I nodded vigorously. He chuckled and pushed open the doors to the lab.

“This way people,” he said. I wasn’t the only one. There was a group of future scientists, all around my age. It felt good to be surrounded by my kind of people.

“This,” Dr. Atlas said, “Is our crowning achievement.”

He gestured to an enormous machine that looked like some sort of futuristic telescope. It was easily the size of three or four school buses stacked length-wise. It was pointed skyward, going right through an opening in the ceiling and into the azure sky. Half of the group’s jaws drop. Including mine. This must be it. The Atmospherical Replication Unit.

“This machine both monitors and actually replicates the atmospherical conditions of any planet we point it to, making it easier for us to study here on Earth. Right now, a solar wind is sweeping through the solar system and has interesting effects on many different planets’ atmospheres. Right now, the device is aimed at Mars. We’ll start it up for you so that you can see this fine machine at work for yourselves.”

I have to keep myself from screaming with glee. It’s dorky, I know. But I can’t help it—never has anything like this ever been built. Just thinking of the possibilities—of how this machine can revolutionize astronomy is just overwhelming!

“Dr. Kaufman, please activate ARU.”

An older man in a white lab coat nods and punches a few buttons on a control panel adjacent to the machine. ARU buzzes and hums, lights begin flashing and a round “lens” on the tip of the machine begins to rotate, “focusing” in on the target.

“Activate the sonic transducer!”

Kaufman nods and punches a few more. Buttons. The buzzing and humming and mechanical whir of turning gears grows louder and louder. More lights flash. The doctor places his hand on my shoulder and smiles.

“You’ve chosen the right line of work, Charles.”

I return his smile with one of my own. Then—

“Dr. Atlas! Something’s wrong! The solar wind has caused some sort of power spike! ARU is overloading!”

“Dear God! Shut it off!”

“I can’t! It’s too far along now! It might—”

“Shut it off! Shut it off!”

There’s a panicked look on the group’s face. And mine.

Kaufman pulls a lever and the flashing lights stop. But the machine does it.

“No! Everyone, get down!” Dr. Atlas screams. But it’s too late. The base of the machine explodes and a brilliant ray of crimson light is fired from the atmosphere containment unit. The glowing ray comes right at me…

…and whizzes over my shoulder, striking a buff guy standing behind me. Charlie Atlas. Dr. Atlas’s son whom I have the misfortune of sharing a first name with. Charlie’s iPod’s earbuds and eardrum-splittingly loud music prevented him from hearing his father’s warning or the blast. He is blasted by the ray and sent to the ground, twitching as smoke billows around him.

“CHARLIE!!!” Dr. Atlas screams as he runs to his fallen offspring. He lifts the boy’s head and begins to weep.

“Oh Charlie, speak to me, son! Are you ok?!”

Charlie begins to move, just a little bit. He groans and then slowly sits up.

“Actually, yeah, I feel pretty ****in’ awesome.”

Charlie then rose to his feet…and continued to rise. He began to hover a meter off the ground.

“Holy crap! I’m one of them whatcha call its—metos or something.”

He proceeded to fire a bright ray of crimson light from his eyes, very similar to the one that hit him, at ARU, melting the machine into a huge glob of twisted metal.

“Tight. I’ma head out now,” he said as he took to the skies. Dr. Atlas stared up at the heavens, completely dumbfouned. He then turned to me.

“...So...how’s Bill?” he asked.

“Dad? He’s fine.”

“Yeah, he told me you wanted to be here. Anything for a fellow Delta Kappa Epsilon.”
Approved

Old 03-12-2010, 12:25 AM   #35
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Character you have created: Kevin Pierce
Alias: Shadow Walker

Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not): Verdana gray

Character Personality (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations): Kevin's personality goes through several changes over the course of his career. However, the one constant is that he's a man driven to do what he believes is right. He will do whatever it takes (short of taking a life) to protect his city.

Origin Info/Details: For much of his life, Kevin Pierce lived a relatively mundane existence, though it was a charmed one. He was good looking, a star athlete and relatively wealthy. His father was an engineer who had developed many technological advancements for the US military (some early prototypes of his work were even used and expanded upon by STRIKE) However, he had gained the attention of an up and coming crime kingpin that wanted to use his inventions for his own means. When Kevin's father initially refused, the crime lord had one of his closest friends executed. When that wasn't enough to get Mr. Pierce to join his organization, he had threatened the life of his only son, Kevin. Mr. Pierce reluctantly agreed to join the crime lord's organization and was paid well. However, after several years it came to the Crime lord's attention that Mr. Pierce was using his old government contacts to inform on the criminal organization known only as "The Cartel." The crime lord had Mr. Pierce killed for what he perceived as a betrayal. The crime lord had what he wanted, enough advanced weaponry to become second to none in the criminal underworld.
However, unknown to his employer, Mr. Pierce had finished one last project before he was killed. A special suit that used the wearer's own natural biochemistry to enhance the wearer's natural strength and speed. Also, the suit would provide some protection from firearms as well as some level of flame resistance.
Kevin found the suit while he was going through his father's things soon after his death. At first he did not know what to do with it, but after several months of watching the crime rates in the city skyrocket, and the emergence of other costumed super beings on both sides of the law, he decided that perhaps it was his time to step into the fray. After several months of sticking to the shadows and doing what he can, he learned the truth about The Cartel and their role in his father's death.. His own personal war on crime has shifted into a war on the Cartel itself, and he will not give up until the organization has been broken.

Hero Type (Select one):
Acrobat

2. City Level (Ex. Spider-Man, Cyclops)

Powers (Be Specific): Kevin was born different from other people. He has always been faster and stronger than others, having a natural athletic ability that is above and beyond what normal people are blessed with. He is also extremely agile (enough to dodge a hail of bullets). Also, he wears a suit designed by his father that can manipulate his muscle fibers, which enhances his strength, speed and agility. The suit also has various sorts of gadgets built into it that Kevin can use and upgrade as he sees fit. However, one of his greatest gifts is the ability for short range teleportation, or "phasing" as some people call it.

Strength Level: 10

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 30,

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 5 hours.

Agility: 20X Human level. (Characters at 20X or higher fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Intelligence: Genius (He maintains and develops much of his own equipment.)
Fighting Skill: Mastered (If another Level 3 or 4 stat is chosen with Mastered the character falls under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Resources: Large (Since his mother had died when he was very young, he was the sole heir to his father's estate after his death)
NOTE: Even if all attributes chosen are Normal human when Super-Genius, Mastered, and Extreme are chosen for the final three attributes, this player is a level 3 or 4 character, such as Batman.

Weaknesses (If your stats chosen are deemed powerful enough by a Game Master with no weakness, the character will fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters. Even with a weakness, a Game Master may rule it as a Level 3 or 4 character): Despite his abilities he is still just a man, with all the weaknesses of ordinary people. Also, while more of a limitation than a weakness, he can only teleport short distances, if he were inside a burning building for example, he would not be able to teleport himself out.

Supporting Characters (Does your character have a significant other? A mother? Friend? Who are they, what do they have to do with your character?):

Erica Keller -Kevin's longtime girlfriend

David Walsh -Kevin's best friend

Rick Hill - A friend of Kevin

Kristen Walters - a good friend of Kevin's, and a former classmate. At one time had a relationship with him, but now dates Rick.

Aunt Betty Kevin's Aunt, who knows his secret and encourages his activities. She uses her former military experience (she was a field operative during the Cold War) to help him along the way

Alexandra "Whisper" Lawler - She provides Kevin important information while he is in the field using an advanced 2 way communications system that is built into Kevin's suit. However, she is not always involved in his operations.

Richard Midas -Head of the international crime syndicate known only as "The Cartel." He poses as an eccentric socialite. However, there is more to him than there seems, as he harbors a secret that nobody except for his closest confidants are aware.

There will also be other characters who show up from time to time, both civilian and meta, good and evil, who will be described when used.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: He's a character that I've been wanting to try out for some time now. He will allow me to do thinks that I can't do with Icon, just because of the type of character he is. Also, he's not extremely powerful, and that is something that I look forward to working with.

What can you bring to the RPG?: Nachos and soda.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: yup

"Hey Charlie! Charlie! Are you gonna get off your ass and help me with these crates, or are you gonna sit there feedin' yer face all night long?" Danny says to his partner from behind the heavy crate that he is trying to load into the van.

"Hold yer horses, will ya? I'll be dere in a minute." Charlie replies as he shoves almost the entire half of his sausage grinder down his gullet.

Danny shrugs, and gets back to work with the crates. Normally he wouldn't be in such a hurry, but for some reason, on this night he just has a very bad feeling that he can't shake, almost as if someone is watching them. And he has good reason to be nervous, over the last several weeks someone has been specifically targeting Cartel activities. Interrupting shipments of weapons and drugs, as well as some of the less wholesome things that the Cartel is involved in. And Mr. Midas made it quite clear that nothing is to go wrong with this particular shipment, or there would be "severe consequences."

Danny shutters at what those "severe consequences" might be.

""Come on Charlie, get off your duff and help me with this stuff!"

But there is no response.

"Charlie!"

Still nothing.

"Charlie?!"

Danny is in a near panic. Charlie always says something, even if it's to tell him to get lost. There was a time when nobody would mess with Ol' Charlie, he was a big man who could do more than just hold his own in a fight. Danny had seen him take down three guys with lead pipes with nothing but his bare fists. But Charlie had lost something over the years, his love of pizza and grinders has slowed him down, much of the muscle the he was once so proud of replaced by an ever expanding haunch of flab. But still, Charlie was no slouch. Something is definitely wrong.

"Charlie, you alright pal?"

Then Danny sees it, Charlie laid out around the driver's side of the van. Not moving, out like a light. He spins around quickly, hoping to avoid whoever, or for that matter, whatever it was that took down Ol' Charlie. But before he could take a single step he saw it, it was a ghost or something, like a moving shadow, leaping at him from nowhere. It hit Danny with such a force that he was unconscious before he hit the ground.

Several minutes later the Lost Haven Police arrived on the scene, responding to an anonymous tip, that there was some sort of disturbance at Warehouse 32 in the commercial sector at this very moment. Shadow Walker watches from a nearby rooftop as the police load the two henchmen into squad cars, as well as secure the three dozen crates of high powered weaponry that they were trying smuggle into the warehouse. As the police secure the scene, Shadow Walker feels a small sense of satisfaction knowing that he has dealt another blow to The Cartel, but he knows that this is a long way from being finished, and that he still has a lot of work to do.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #36
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Approved.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:17 AM   #37
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.

Create a Hero RPG SEASON II Application

Character you have created: Jon Small
Alias:
He doesn't need one as he is deceased, but he goes by Blacklight.

Speech Color: Navy Comic Sans MS Bold

Character Personality: Jon is, or was rather, a hero. He is courageous, selfless, and willing to do what's right for the world.

Uniform/costume: Jon wears the very clothes he died in: his Blacklight uniform. Made of a durable cloth, it is almost entirely black and sports his former alias' emblem on his chest. He also wears large dark gray pants with a black utility belt, and dark purple rimmed sunglasses.

Origin Info/Details: Jon was born in Vernova, CT where at age 13, he gained superpowers and used them to become a hero. He soon moved to Vernova's twin city of Enferno shortly afterward where he continued his operations as a hero.

During the Invasion of Earth by a hostile race known as the Arlaaekeans, Jon sacrificed himself to destroy the machine known as the Eradicator.

What happened to his soul afterwards is unknown...

Hero Type (Select one): Bioluminescent Energy

Power Level (Select one below): City Level

Powers (Be Specific): Blacklight has superstrength, can fly and generate black light energy from his hands, as well as eyes and hair to alter appearance.

Attributes: (PRIOR TO DEATH)

Strength Level: 5 tons.

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Normal.

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: Normal Human.

Agility: 5X.

Intelligence: Genius

Fighting Skill: Trained

Resources: Large.

Weaknesses : Light generation powers burn out after extended use.

Supporting Characters: None

List a few reasons why you've created that character: I created him when I was 13 and I want to play him.

What can you bring to the RPG?: Hopefully BL back from the dead.

Yes

Sample Post:

"Rebirth by Prism": Prologue

"Hello?" Blacklight sadi as he stood in waht appeared to be... nothing.

There was nothing but endless white, and there he stood in the center of the brigh void... Alone. But, one thing was certain...

This is definately not what I pictured heaven looking like...

"That is because it's not..."

"What? Who's there!?"

"Jonathan Small... Blacklight. Your time on earth has not yet come to an end."

"But... but how can that be? I DIED! I... I must've... I felt it..."

"You may have left the Earthly plane, but your journey is not yet over. There is one last task that you must complete."

"Wait a second! I'm not doing anything unless I get some answers right now!"

"Fair enough. What is it you would like to know first?"

"Let's start with who the hell you are... How about that?"

"Very well..." the voice began as she appeared next to the hero in the void, seemingly out of thin air.

"I am the Master of Light, and I have chosen you to be my champion..."

Old 03-12-2010, 01:18 AM   #38
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post

Character you have created: Jon Small
Alias: He doesn't need one as he is deceased, but he goes by Blacklight.

Speech Color: Navy Comic Sans MS Bold

Character Personality: Jon is, or was rather, a hero. He is courageous, selfless, and willing to do what's right for the world.

Uniform/costume: Jon wears the very clothes he died in: his Blacklight uniform. Made of a durable cloth, it is almost entirely black and sports his former alias' emblem on his chest. He also wears large dark gray pants with a black utility belt, and dark purple rimmed sunglasses.

Origin Info/Details: Jon was born in Vernova, CT where at age 13, he gained superpowers and used them to become a hero. He soon moved to Vernova's twin city of Enferno shortly afterward where he continued his operations as a hero.

During the Invasion of Earth by a hostile race known as the Arlaaekeans, Jon sacrificed himself to destroy the machine known as the Eradicator.

What happened to his soul afterwards is unknown...

Hero Type (Select one): Bioluminescent Energy

Power Level (Select one below): City Level

Powers (Be Specific): Blacklight has superstrength, can fly and generate black light energy from his hands, as well as eyes and hair to alter appearance.

Attributes: (PRIOR TO DEATH)

Strength Level: 5 tons.

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Normal.

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: Normal Human.

Agility: 5X.

Intelligence: Genius

Fighting Skill: Trained

Resources: Large.

Weaknesses : Light generation powers burn out after extended use.

Supporting Characters: None

List a few reasons why you've created that character: I created him when I was 13 and I want to play him.

What can you bring to the RPG?: Hopefully BL back from the dead.

Yes

Sample Post:

"Rebirth by Prism": Prologue

"Hello?" Blacklight sadi as he stood in waht appeared to be... nothing.

There was nothing but endless white, and there he stood in the center of the brigh void... Alone. But, one thing was certain...

This is definately not what I pictured heaven looking like...

"That is because it's not..."

"What? Who's there!?"

"Jonathan Small... Blacklight. Your time on earth has not yet come to an end."

"But... but how can that be? I DIED! I... I must've... I felt it..."

"You may have left the Earthly plane, but your journey is not yet over. There is one last task that you must complete."

"Wait a second! I'm not doing anything unless I get some answers right now!"

"Fair enough. What is it you would like to know first?"

"Let's start with who the hell you are... How about that?"

"Very well..." the voice began as she appeared next to the hero in the void, seemingly out of thin air.

"I am the Master of Light, and I have chosen you to be my champion..."
approved

Old 03-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #39
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

I was going to hold off applying for anyone, but damn. That roster is pretty impressive. It'd be foolish not to want to be apart of this.

Expect an app today.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #40
J'adore
Vous

Character you have created: Paige Douglas
Alias: Psychique

Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not): Purple Bold Trebuchet MS

Character Alignment: Walking the line

Identity:Secret

Character Personality (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations): She only trusts herself and often get's her own way by her seducing charms and her physic abilities. She has no difficulty killing someone as if she has the money, then she does the job. She often uses her abilities for her personal again. As a mercenary and a free agent, she often is used on both sides of the law. She's not a typical hero nor villain as she trusts no one and is only on the job for money or either herself.

Uniform/costume:
&
VARIES - DEPENDING ON MISSION/WEATHER

Origin Info/Details:

Paige Douglas, daughter of rich business man Marcus Douglas and part-time model Maisey Douglas, Paige was born into Luxury. Marcus owned the world-wide famous Douglas Airlines. Paige was born in San Fransisco in one of the big Douglas family house, on the date November the 18th 1988.

Paige was put in a private school for girls and made friends with lot's of people, soon becoming quite popular. As a child, she made great friends with a girl named Dianna Ricks, a mix-raced young girl who's mother was famous actress Cindy Ricks. At the age of 14, her family fell apart.

Maisey found out Marcus had been cheating on her with air hostesses he had hired for his airline. Maisey quickly filed for Divorce, and soon their Divorce was one of the most talked about things of Spring 2002. Being an only child, Paige spent lots and lots of time at Dianna's house during this time.

After everything had been resolved, Paige soon started to spend more time at the house with her mother. Marcus had tried getting in touch with Paige but she just rejected him. Little did she know, he was calling out for help.

Paige agreed to meet up with him, but by the time she got to his apartment, he had gone. The door had been broken and his laptop was still on. Paige, being curious of what was going on, searched and searched through his files. She found out that he was involved with the Mafia and was a member of an elite Adopting Agency, which took in babies who were failed experiments of creating the most powerful meta-human on the earth. Paige had been built up with psychic powers but her gene's could not handle all the abilities the scientists wanted to give her, thus handing her over to the Adopting Agency. The scientists wanted to get hold of Paige as they realized they were her best experiment and sent the Mafia after Marcus.

Paige couldn't believe her eyes, but as she stood away from the computer, she was drugged and taken away.

Paige had been kidnapped, along with Marcus and Maisey. The three of them were tied up, on the floor, in a dark room, one spotlight shining down on them. Two mafia men stood behind Professor Knox, a young Russian scientist, who didn't accept 'No' for an answer, thus kidnapping Marcus and his family, as she wanted Paige no matter what. Knox explained how she needed Paige, but Maisey put up a fight, screaming a shouting. Maisey was the first to be shot dead. The bullet slamming right into her forehead. Paige's scream nearly burst Knox's eardrums and the loud sobbing of Marcus echoed the room. Paige tried to control him but Marcus shouted abuse at Knox, which lead him to be killed. This time, Paige feel silent, her head bowed down. But, when Paige looked back up again, her pupils expanded to the size of her eyes and glowed purple. She screamed in rage, which is when her powers were unleashed.

Purple rings expanded from her head and soon expanded to fit the whole room. The room crumbled around Paige, who had a purple field of force around her, almost like a bubble. She watched in rage and pleasure as the room burst and rubble flew everywhere, killing most Mafia members. The dead bodies of her parents were carefully buried beneath the floors, purple rings surrounding them. As the loud echo of the destruction boomed down the street, Paige opened up her bubble and ran. She looked back at Knox, who was slumped on a chunk of rubble, eyes closed and a small pouch of blood on her forehead.

Running away, she soon met a mysterious man named Ray. Ray offered to take her in and told her how he knew about her being 'different'. She accepted was introduced to a rebellious group of meta-humans, who were against Knox. Much to her surprise, Dianna was there. Dianna consisted the ability to read people's aura's and change them according to her will.

After the two of them had intense training for a year and a half, they were ready to become the mercenaries. Paige was keen to start her life as a mercenary and was now only known by the name 'Psychique', after what Ray use to call her, as he was french and Paige was a 'psychic'. Ray had died of a tumor and trusted in Paige to live on the legacy of being a mercenary. Dianna decided against these and parted off to England.

Harnessing her abilities, along side expertise Espionage and martial arts skills, as well as good knowledge of arsenal use - Psychique moved to Lost Haven and is a well known face within the Prison but always has people on the inside.

Hero Type (Select one):
Psychic

City Level / World Level

NOTE: Having only one or two powers does not automatically make a character a level 2. The levels reflect how powerful the powers themselves are, not only the variety. A level 3 may be more powerful then a level 4. These levels serve to show where your powerful hero operates, as heroes this powerful may be cosmic wonderers or Earth-bound. Also, Game Masters will be wary of approving level 3 or 4 characters. An extremely well-thought out and great sample post will be needed to be approved for a high level character. Your post should be as powerful as your character.

Powers (Be Specific):

Her powers expand based on her emotions. When feeling neutral or just plain feelings, she harnesses the ability of tactical telekinesis, as well as mind reading and levitation to when she can nearly fly.

When she focuses, or is enraged her powers grow to World Level and she is able to create, telekinetic fore fields, easily move objects and people/animals around with her mind, but focuses it through her hand. She can also fly a certain height. Her telepathic powers expand to where she can read everything stored in the subject's thoughts and past thoughts, as well as get into their mind and persuade them.

She is also an expertise in Martial Arts, Gymnastics, Espionage, Hand-to-Hand combat and Weaponry.

Strength Level:25

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 30

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 3-4

Agility: 15X

Intelligence: Average

Fighting Skill: Mastered

NOTE: Even if all attributes chosen are Normal human when Super-Genius, Mastered, and Extreme are chosen for the final three attributes, this player is a level 3 or 4 character, such as Batman.

Weaknesses (If your stats chosen are deemed powerful enough by a Game Master with no weakness, the character will fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters. Even with a weakness, a Game Master may rule it as a Level 3 or 4 character): Telepathic blasts and usual things such as bullets, knifes, lasers, etc.

Supporting Characters (Does your character have a significant other? A mother? Friend? Who are they, what do they have to do with your character?):

Marcus & Maisey Douglas - Parents. Murdered by Knox's mafia agents

Dianna Ricks - A childhood friend of Paige and another meta-human baby created by Knox. Was trained by the same person as Paige and the two's fighting skills are exactly the same. Able to see people's Aura's and change them according to her will - disappeared to England after refusing to become a mercenary.

Danny Chase/Raven - Also trained by Ray. Psychique's competition, as they are often hired for the same jobs to see who can complete it first. They flirt a lot and time-to-time they sleep together. Has the ability to blend in with shadows.

• Mercenaries rule!
  • She can get involved in quite a lot of things, interacting with lots of different characters
  • She'll definitely bring Sugar & Spice to the game.
  • If your character needs a job done but doesn't want their hands dirty, Psychique is the girl.
What can you bring to the RPG?:
A fun character who's up for any job if the money's right.

"Mhmmhmmm"

Psychique hummed a tune as she slowly walked down the corridor, heading towards the office of Marlon Silver, her target. She held a gun by her side and patted it along to the tune she was humming.

A maid slowly walked out the lift and gasped at the sight of Psychique. Psychique grinned and then shot the maid, right in the chest. The maid groaned in pain before falling onto her chart and sliding off it, a trail of blood appearing on the cart. The camera's all had been switched off and she continued to hum until she got to the big office doors.

She could see through the key hole. Her eyes suddenly widened and she gasped.

"No! Not this time! It's already 3-1"

Her tactical telekinesis flung open the door. Her eyes glared at Mr Silver's shadow, the form of it was a man holding a gun to the head of Mr Silver. Mr Silver jumped out his seat and pressed the security button, but it was broken.

Suddenly, the shadow exploded and out jumped Raven. Psychique's competition, part-time lover and part-time ally.

"It's about to be 4-1 baby" Raven winked and cocked back his gun.

Psychique
smirked in amusement and caused Raven's gun to fly to the wall.
Ceasing her chance, she quickly pulled the trigger of her gun and the bullet plunged into Mr Silver's head. Mr Silver collapsed back into Raven, who caught him then chucked him to the floor.

"3-2, 'baby'" Psychique winked.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #41
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'adore View Post

Character you have created: Paige Douglas
Alias: Psychique

Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not): Purple Bold Trebuchet MS

Character Alignment: Walking the line

Identity:Secret

Character Personality (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations): She only trusts herself and often get's her own way by her seducing charms and her physic abilities. She has no difficulty killing someone as if she has the money, then she does the job. She often uses her abilities for her personal again. As a mercenary and a free agent, she often is used on both sides of the law. She's not a typical hero nor villain as she trusts no one and is only on the job for money or either herself.

Uniform/costume:
&
VARIES - DEPENDING ON MISSION/WEATHER

Origin Info/Details:

Paige Douglas, daughter of rich business man Marcus Douglas and part-time model Maisey Douglas, Paige was born into Luxury. Marcus owned the world-wide famous Douglas Airlines. Paige was born in San Fransisco in one of the big Douglas family house, on the date November the 18th 1988.

Paige was put in a private school for girls and made friends with lot's of people, soon becoming quite popular. As a child, she made great friends with a girl named Dianna Ricks, a mix-raced young girl who's mother was famous actress Cindy Ricks. At the age of 14, her family fell apart.

Maisey found out Marcus had been cheating on her with air hostesses he had hired for his airline. Maisey quickly filed for Divorce, and soon their Divorce was one of the most talked about things of Spring 2002. Being an only child, Paige spent lots and lots of time at Dianna's house during this time.

After everything had been resolved, Paige soon started to spend more time at the house with her mother. Marcus had tried getting in touch with Paige but she just rejected him. Little did she know, he was calling out for help.

Paige agreed to meet up with him, but by the time she got to his apartment, he had gone. The door had been broken and his laptop was still on. Paige, being curious of what was going on, searched and searched through his files. She found out that he was involved with the Mafia and was a member of an elite Adopting Agency, which took in babies who were failed experiments of creating the most powerful meta-human on the earth. Paige had been built up with psychic powers but her gene's could not handle all the abilities the scientists wanted to give her, thus handing her over to the Adopting Agency. The scientists wanted to get hold of Paige as they realized they were her best experiment and sent the Mafia after Marcus.

Paige couldn't believe her eyes, but as she stood away from the computer, she was drugged and taken away.

Paige had been kidnapped, along with Marcus and Maisey. The three of them were tied up, on the floor, in a dark room, one spotlight shining down on them. Two mafia men stood behind Professor Knox, a young Russian scientist, who didn't accept 'No' for an answer, thus kidnapping Marcus and his family, as she wanted Paige no matter what. Knox explained how she needed Paige, but Maisey put up a fight, screaming a shouting. Maisey was the first to be shot dead. The bullet slamming right into her forehead. Paige's scream nearly burst Knox's eardrums and the loud sobbing of Marcus echoed the room. Paige tried to control him but Marcus shouted abuse at Knox, which lead him to be killed. This time, Paige feel silent, her head bowed down. But, when Paige looked back up again, her pupils expanded to the size of her eyes and glowed purple. She screamed in rage, which is when her powers were unleashed.

Purple rings expanded from her head and soon expanded to fit the whole room. The room crumbled around Paige, who had a purple field of force around her, almost like a bubble. She watched in rage and pleasure as the room burst and rubble flew everywhere, killing most Mafia members. The dead bodies of her parents were carefully buried beneath the floors, purple rings surrounding them. As the loud echo of the destruction boomed down the street, Paige opened up her bubble and ran. She looked back at Knox, who was slumped on a chunk of rubble, eyes closed and a small pouch of blood on her forehead.

Running away, she soon met a mysterious man named Ray. Ray offered to take her in and told her how he knew about her being 'different'. She accepted was introduced to a rebellious group of meta-humans, who were against Knox. Much to her surprise, Dianna was there. Dianna consisted the ability to read people's aura's and change them according to her will.

After the two of them had intense training for a year and a half, they were ready to become the mercenaries. Paige was keen to start her life as a mercenary and was now only known by the name 'Psychique', after what Ray use to call her, as he was french and Paige was a 'psychic'. Ray had died of a tumor and trusted in Paige to live on the legacy of being a mercenary. Dianna decided against these and parted off to England.

Harnessing her abilities, along side expertise Espionage and martial arts skills, as well as good knowledge of arsenal use - Psychique moved to Lost Haven and is a well known face within the Prison but always has people on the inside.

Hero Type (Select one):
Psychic

City Level / World Level

NOTE: Having only one or two powers does not automatically make a character a level 2. The levels reflect how powerful the powers themselves are, not only the variety. A level 3 may be more powerful then a level 4. These levels serve to show where your powerful hero operates, as heroes this powerful may be cosmic wonderers or Earth-bound. Also, Game Masters will be wary of approving level 3 or 4 characters. An extremely well-thought out and great sample post will be needed to be approved for a high level character. Your post should be as powerful as your character.

Powers (Be Specific):

Her powers expand based on her emotions. When feeling neutral or just plain feelings, she harnesses the ability of tactical telekinesis, as well as mind reading and levitation to when she can nearly fly.

When she focuses, or is enraged her powers grow to World Level and she is able to create, telekinetic fore fields, easily move objects and people/animals around with her mind, but focuses it through her hand. She can also fly a certain height. Her telepathic powers expand to where she can read everything stored in the subject's thoughts and past thoughts, as well as get into their mind and persuade them.

She is also an expertise in Martial Arts, Gymnastics, Espionage, Hand-to-Hand combat and Weaponry.

Strength Level:25

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 30

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 3-4

Agility: 15X

Intelligence: Average

Fighting Skill: Mastered

Weaknesses (If your stats chosen are deemed powerful enough by a Game Master with no weakness, the character will fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters. Even with a weakness, a Game Master may rule it as a Level 3 or 4 character): Telepathic blasts and usual things such as bullets, knifes, lasers, etc.

Marcus & Maisey Douglas - Parents. Murdered by Knox's mafia agents

Dianna Ricks - A childhood friend of Paige and another meta-human baby created by Knox. Was trained by the same person as Paige and the two's fighting skills are exactly the same. Able to see people's Aura's and change them according to her will - disappeared to England after refusing to become a mercenary.

Danny Chase/Raven - Also trained by Ray. Psychique's competition, as they are often hired for the same jobs to see who can complete it first. They flirt a lot and time-to-time they sleep together. Has the ability to blend in with shadows.

• Mercenaries rule!
  • She can get involved in quite a lot of things, interacting with lots of different characters
  • She'll definitely bring Sugar & Spice to the game.
  • If your character needs a job done but doesn't want their hands dirty, Psychique is the girl.
A fun character who's up for any job if the money's right.

"Mhmmhmmm"

Psychique hummed a tune as she slowly walked down the corridor, heading towards the office of Marlon Silver, her target. She held a gun by her side and patted it along to the tune she was humming.

A maid slowly walked out the lift and gasped at the sight of Psychique. Psychique grinned and then shot the maid, right in the chest. The maid groaned in pain before falling onto her chart and sliding off it, a trail of blood appearing on the cart. The camera's all had been switched off and she continued to hum until she got to the big office doors.

She could see through the key hole. Her eyes suddenly widened and she gasped.

"No! Not this time! It's already 3-1"

Her tactical telekinesis flung open the door. Her eyes glared at Mr Silver's shadow, the form of it was a man holding a gun to the head of Mr Silver. Mr Silver jumped out his seat and pressed the security button, but it was broken.

Suddenly, the shadow exploded and out jumped Raven. Psychique's competition, part-time lover and part-time ally.

"It's about to be 4-1 baby" Raven winked and cocked back his gun.

Psychique smirked in amusement and caused Raven's gun to fly to the wall.
Ceasing her chance, she quickly pulled the trigger of her gun and the bullet plunged into Mr Silver's head. Mr Silver collapsed back into Raven, who caught him then chucked him to the floor.

"3-2, 'baby'" Psychique winked.
Approved.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #42
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
I was going to hold off applying for anyone, but damn. That roster is pretty impressive. It'd be foolish not to want to be apart of this.

Expect an app today.

Looking forward to having you join up

Old 03-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #43
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

Hey Rain i have a picture i think you may like for your character I was going to us it myself but i figured if you want you can. I can't send it now because im at work but i'll sent it to you once i get off. So that be around 7

Old 03-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #44
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Majestic View Post
Hey Rain i have a picture i think you may like for your character I was going to us it myself but i figured if you want you can. I can't send it now because im at work but i'll sent it to you once i get off. So that be around 7

Hope you'll be sending in your apps too.....

Old 03-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #45
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

Working on it right now

Old 03-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #46
Rain Dog
Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Majestic View Post

For Olympus Mons? I was gonna draw one up myself but I'll take a look at it.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #47
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

For the Olympus Mons. Once i get home i'll send it to you.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #48
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Hey folks, I won't be around tomorrow, gonna be out of town and I won't have any internet access. I'll be back sometime Sunday, though I'm not exactly sure when.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #49
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Michael Angelo

Alias:
The Archangel

Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not):
Gold, Georgia Font

Character Alignment: Hero/Villain/Walking the Line
Hero

Identity: Secret/Known
Known

Character Personality (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations):
Humble spirit, but takes action when he has to. He understands that he has been bestowed with powers that have potential to be very destructive, and controlling those powers at times ever since the Invasion has caused him to somewhat fear himself. He can be a smart alec, and sometimes treats the entire thing as a game which is a strength as well as a weakness.

Uniform/costume: (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like)

Origin Info/Details:
Michael was an orphan and has been for as long as he can remember. He doesn't remember a thing about his parents, but for some strange reason, people keep saying he has his father's eyes. Oddly enough, Michael's eyes are a golden kind of pearl white. Later, when Michael would grow older, he would question them about this, but receive no further answers. It is as if that is all they can tell him about his father.

His mother, when became of age, was told to him to have been a spirited woman. Always keeping her faith in God, and living her life according to his plans, she was a parishioner of the local Cathedral. Her romantic life was not something commonly known, yet she gave birth to a child. Giving birth to him, however, she had died; Michael was sent to the orphanage.
He didn't stay in the orphanage for too long, however. By the time he was 9, he was finally accepted into an adoptive family: The Angelos. As a child, Michael would grow up according to his adoptive family's lifestyle which just so happened to be that of any common family around the area: devoted Catholics. He took up a interest in art, and one day his teacher glanced at one of his pieces of work one day and said "Wow, Michael Angelo, you're a real Michaelangelo" and the nickname stuck. It never bothered him, however. The nickname was something that he accepted easily.

Many Catholic schools around the country have different times when they allow a young man or woman to take the sacrament of Confirmation. Confirmation is the conferral of sanctifying grace and the strengthening of the union between individual souls and God. Little did Michael know, that his Confirmation would become so much more than that. On the day of his Confirmation, he was given the duty of The Archangel.

It was not through a burning bush, or a voice to his head, it was through an angel. The morning day of his Confirmation on Sunday, Michael was visited by the Angel of Prophecy: Bath Kol. The angel told Michael about the task of The Archangel, but the young man was so much in shock about it, that he believed it to be a dream. But the moment that Michael went up to the altar later that afternoon before The Bishop to complete his sacrament of Confirmation, he felt something change in him; but he did not quite understand what.

He goes on, living life to pursue his passion for painting in hope to become a famous artist. Little does he know someone called God is going to have a different plan for him that is going to intervene with his daily life.

Hero Type (Select one):
Supernatural (Divine agents, Vampires, werewolves, Cosmic deities)

4. Cosmic (Ex. Silver Surfer, Green Lantern) (Sundays only)

Powers (Be Specific):
He is blessed by the Archangels of God's heavenly domain. On each day, he receives a different blessing (passive powers). He gains the wisdom of the Archangels in helping people in the situations each Archangel specializes in. He does not necessarily have to help someone in a situation fitting what each Archangel does best, but it most certainly helps his chances of affecting that person's life for the better.

He also carries a sword, but by default looks like just the hilt of a sword (for there is no blade). Unless defending the innocent, excluding his own life, his Angel-Fire sword shall not light up at all (when lit up, looks like a white-fiery blade).

He can tap into what is called The Archangel state. In this state, a flash of light comes down from the heavens, transforming him. Angel-Fire wings sprout from his back (looks like white fiery wings), allowing him flight. Also, when in this state, he can tap into his power over the elements (active powers) depending on the day because it depends on which Archangel.
His power over the elements are his "active powers". These abilities coincide with the Element of each Archangel. On certain days, depending on the Archangel, he can manipulate the elements of each Archangel, so long as that said element is in his presence. The elements can only be used in self defense and while in The Archangel state, except for water if the purpose is to heal the wounded.

However, on Tuesdays he is entirely powerless. While he is powerless he is not excused from serving God's will. He must still serve him, and as a man, and help affect someone's life for the better. This day of the week is when he is truly his own hero. Although this also makes him at his weakest and most vulnerable state.

On Sundays, he is at his most powerful.

The Archangels whom he is blessed by are the following:

Gabriel
Color of Aura - Indigo
Guards this day - Monday
Element - Water
Call on Gabriel when you feel like you've strayed from your souls path. He can help you find purpose again. If you are having trouble communicating with people Gabriel can assist you.

Raphael
Color of Aura - Green
Guards this day - Wednesday
Element - Air
Call on Raphael when you or a loved one is ill and in need of healing. He can also assist you in a time that you need new ideas or knowledge.

Zadkiel
Color of Aura - Blue
Guards this day - Thursday
Element - Fire
Invoke Zadkiel when you are feeling negative feeling towards yourself or another and need to forgive. He can assist you in realizing the burden of bearing grudges. He will also assist you with opening your mind to new ideas and concepts by releasing fear and karmic blockages.

Ariel
Color of Aura - Red
Guards this day - Friday
Element - Earth and air
Call on Ariel if you are in need of support to continue your life's journey or in need of confidence to stand up for your beliefs. If you are suffering from low energy and with the energy of the sun she will recharge you.

Uriel
Color of Aura - Silver
Guards this day - Saturday
Element - Earth
Call Uriel forth if you have trouble sleeping or are feeling tense or anxious. He is here to release any fears or worries you may have concerning a situation. He can give you the determination and asssist you to transform any aspect of your life.

Metatron
Colour of Aura - Gold
Guards this day - Sunday
Element - All elements
Call on Metatron if you are partaking in further spiritual growth or feel like you have lost your connection to the divine. Or to help you to cleanse your chakras.

Strength Level:

30 (Granted to him after the Goddess Incident)

Speed/Reaction Timing Level:
30, 80 on Sunday

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort:
3 hours, 5 hours on Sunday

Agility:
10X, 20X on Sunday

Intelligence:
Average

Fighting Skill:
Trained, Mastered on Sunday

Resources:
Average

Weaknesses (If your stats chosen are deemed powerful enough by a Game Master with no weakness, the character will fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters. Even with a weakness, a Game Master may rule it as a Level 3 or 4 character):
Though his new Divine Protection will grant him Strength and Durability at all times now, he still does not receive the blessings from the Archangels on Tuesday. Should Michael ever fight with the intent of slaying his enemy, his powers will temporarily leave him. Should he die while in the Archangel State, Michael is condemned to an afterlife in Hell.

Grace - Ex-Girlfriend.
Father Damian - Priest at the local Cathedral. Frequently helps Michael when he goes into the Church, feeling lost. He is also going to be Michael's mentor as he tries to understand his role as The Archangel.
Bath Kol - He is the Angel of Prophecy who had helped guide Michael in ways Father Damian cannot or will not know how to.

I originally wanted to make a healer type of character, so immediately thought of an angel like character. When it came down to really thinking about it, I decided I wanted a character who was blessed by the angels. When I went around trying to find information, I stumbled upon information about Archangels, and I knew this is what I wanted to work with. I happen to be Catholic, and the idea of a hero like this appeals to me. And also because I am Catholic, I figure I can portray and define who he is well. I figured it would be interesting, because I was pretty confident that a character such as this would never be brought up or introduced.

People seemed to respond really well when I became active again with this character in Season II. There is a lot of character development and emotional stuff I accomplished just prior to, during, and after the big Invasion Arc. After designing a Rogues Gallery for Michael, I plan to introduce them. I think that these villains will also be well received and they will add to the greater mythos of the CAH RPG.

Yes

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=538

Old 03-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #50
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post

Michael Angelo

Alias:
The Archangel

Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not):
Gold, Georgia Font

Character Alignment: Hero/Villain/Walking the Line
Hero

Identity: Secret/Known
Known

Character Personality (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations):
Humble spirit, but takes action when he has to. He understands that he has been bestowed with powers that have potential to be very destructive, and controlling those powers at times ever since the Invasion has caused him to somewhat fear himself. He can be a smart alec, and sometimes treats the entire thing as a game which is a strength as well as a weakness.

Uniform/costume: (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like)

Origin Info/Details:
Michael was an orphan and has been for as long as he can remember. He doesn't remember a thing about his parents, but for some strange reason, people keep saying he has his father's eyes. Oddly enough, Michael's eyes are a golden kind of pearl white. Later, when Michael would grow older, he would question them about this, but receive no further answers. It is as if that is all they can tell him about his father.

His mother, when became of age, was told to him to have been a spirited woman. Always keeping her faith in God, and living her life according to his plans, she was a parishioner of the local Cathedral. Her romantic life was not something commonly known, yet she gave birth to a child. Giving birth to him, however, she had died; Michael was sent to the orphanage.
He didn't stay in the orphanage for too long, however. By the time he was 9, he was finally accepted into an adoptive family: The Angelos. As a child, Michael would grow up according to his adoptive family's lifestyle which just so happened to be that of any common family around the area: devoted Catholics. He took up a interest in art, and one day his teacher glanced at one of his pieces of work one day and said "Wow, Michael Angelo, you're a real Michaelangelo" and the nickname stuck. It never bothered him, however. The nickname was something that he accepted easily.

Many Catholic schools around the country have different times when they allow a young man or woman to take the sacrament of Confirmation. Confirmation is the conferral of sanctifying grace and the strengthening of the union between individual souls and God. Little did Michael know, that his Confirmation would become so much more than that. On the day of his Confirmation, he was given the duty of The Archangel.

It was not through a burning bush, or a voice to his head, it was through an angel. The morning day of his Confirmation on Sunday, Michael was visited by the Angel of Prophecy: Bath Kol. The angel told Michael about the task of The Archangel, but the young man was so much in shock about it, that he believed it to be a dream. But the moment that Michael went up to the altar later that afternoon before The Bishop to complete his sacrament of Confirmation, he felt something change in him; but he did not quite understand what.

He goes on, living life to pursue his passion for painting in hope to become a famous artist. Little does he know someone called God is going to have a different plan for him that is going to intervene with his daily life.

Hero Type (Select one):
Supernatural (Divine agents, Vampires, werewolves, Cosmic deities)

4. Cosmic (Ex. Silver Surfer, Green Lantern) (Sundays only)

Powers (Be Specific):
He is blessed by the Archangels of God's heavenly domain. On each day, he receives a different blessing (passive powers). He gains the wisdom of the Archangels in helping people in the situations each Archangel specializes in. He does not necessarily have to help someone in a situation fitting what each Archangel does best, but it most certainly helps his chances of affecting that person's life for the better.

He also carries a sword, but by default looks like just the hilt of a sword (for there is no blade). Unless defending the innocent, excluding his own life, his Angel-Fire sword shall not light up at all (when lit up, looks like a white-fiery blade).

He can tap into what is called The Archangel state. In this state, a flash of light comes down from the heavens, transforming him. Angel-Fire wings sprout from his back (looks like white fiery wings), allowing him flight. Also, when in this state, he can tap into his power over the elements (active powers) depending on the day because it depends on which Archangel.
His power over the elements are his "active powers". These abilities coincide with the Element of each Archangel. On certain days, depending on the Archangel, he can manipulate the elements of each Archangel, so long as that said element is in his presence. The elements can only be used in self defense and while in The Archangel state, except for water if the purpose is to heal the wounded.

However, on Tuesdays he is entirely powerless. While he is powerless he is not excused from serving God's will. He must still serve him, and as a man, and help affect someone's life for the better. This day of the week is when he is truly his own hero. Although this also makes him at his weakest and most vulnerable state.

On Sundays, he is at his most powerful.

The Archangels whom he is blessed by are the following:

Gabriel
Color of Aura - Indigo
Guards this day - Monday
Element - Water
Call on Gabriel when you feel like you've strayed from your souls path. He can help you find purpose again. If you are having trouble communicating with people Gabriel can assist you.

Raphael
Color of Aura - Green
Guards this day - Wednesday
Element - Air
Call on Raphael when you or a loved one is ill and in need of healing. He can also assist you in a time that you need new ideas or knowledge.

Zadkiel
Color of Aura - Blue
Guards this day - Thursday
Element - Fire
Invoke Zadkiel when you are feeling negative feeling towards yourself or another and need to forgive. He can assist you in realizing the burden of bearing grudges. He will also assist you with opening your mind to new ideas and concepts by releasing fear and karmic blockages.

Ariel
Color of Aura - Red
Guards this day - Friday
Element - Earth and air
Call on Ariel if you are in need of support to continue your life's journey or in need of confidence to stand up for your beliefs. If you are suffering from low energy and with the energy of the sun she will recharge you.

Uriel
Color of Aura - Silver
Guards this day - Saturday
Element - Earth
Call Uriel forth if you have trouble sleeping or are feeling tense or anxious. He is here to release any fears or worries you may have concerning a situation. He can give you the determination and asssist you to transform any aspect of your life.

Metatron
Colour of Aura - Gold
Guards this day - Sunday
Element - All elements
Call on Metatron if you are partaking in further spiritual growth or feel like you have lost your connection to the divine. Or to help you to cleanse your chakras.

Strength Level:
30 (Granted to him after the Goddess Incident)

Speed/Reaction Timing Level:
30, 80 on Sunday

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort:
3 hours, 5 hours on Sunday

Agility:
10X, 20X on Sunday

Intelligence:
Average

Fighting Skill:
Trained, Mastered on Sunday

Resources:
Average

Weaknesses (If your stats chosen are deemed powerful enough by a Game Master with no weakness, the character will fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters. Even with a weakness, a Game Master may rule it as a Level 3 or 4 character):
Though his new Divine Protection will grant him Strength and Durability at all times now, he still does not receive the blessings from the Archangels on Tuesday. Should Michael ever fight with the intent of slaying his enemy, his powers will temporarily leave him. Should he die while in the Archangel State, Michael is condemned to an afterlife in Hell.

Grace - Ex-Girlfriend.
Father Damian - Priest at the local Cathedral. Frequently helps Michael when he goes into the Church, feeling lost. He is also going to be Michael's mentor as he tries to understand his role as The Archangel.
Bath Kol - He is the Angel of Prophecy who had helped guide Michael in ways Father Damian cannot or will not know how to.

I originally wanted to make a healer type of character, so immediately thought of an angel like character. When it came down to really thinking about it, I decided I wanted a character who was blessed by the angels. When I went around trying to find information, I stumbled upon information about Archangels, and I knew this is what I wanted to work with. I happen to be Catholic, and the idea of a hero like this appeals to me. And also because I am Catholic, I figure I can portray and define who he is well. I figured it would be interesting, because I was pretty confident that a character such as this would never be brought up or introduced.

People seemed to respond really well when I became active again with this character in Season II. There is a lot of character development and emotional stuff I accomplished just prior to, during, and after the big Invasion Arc. After designing a Rogues Gallery for Michael, I plan to introduce them. I think that these villains will also be well received and they will add to the greater mythos of the CAH RPG.

Yes

Approved

Closed Thread