Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
The ladies always say "You're quick" followed next by "Okay, where's my 20?"

Old 03-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #77
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
You just pay 20?! At least I shell out for the nice ones that it's worth taking your time with.
A mouth is a mouth, man.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:49 PM   #78
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

So gender doesn't matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #79
Rain Dog
Failure

Quote:
So gender doesn't matter?
Not if you're drunk enough

Old 03-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #80
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

It always seems to happen when its "Dudes night out!"

Old 03-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #81
Rain Dog
Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Majestic View Post
It always seems to happen when its "Dudes night out!"
When it's Dude's Night out, it's got to be Schlipp's

Old 03-19-2010, 12:11 PM   #82
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dog View Post
When it's Dude's Night out, it's got to be Schlipp's
"What night is it guys? DUDES NIGHT OUT!"

"What you mean don't worry about it? I bought that ***** a drink."

"You think this is a game? This is DUDES NIGHT OUT!"

Old 03-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #83
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

"Only reason I'm crying is because of the adrenaline."

Old 03-22-2010, 12:25 AM   #84
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Been busy with dull essays for the last couple days, but I'll have a post up tomorrow. You guys get crackin' too!

Old 03-23-2010, 05:23 AM   #85
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Character you have created:
Isaac Fontaine©, known for his work in his home city of Cooktown (outside of this RPG, he has flown – in a plane - to New Haven) as The Vigilante as their media refuses to glamorise vigilantes by giving him a different name
Aliases: The Vigilante, Fontaine, Ice Fontaine, Iced Veins Fontaine and variants.

Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not):
White on black, such as this. Wrote this on Word first so I’m not real sure what fonts I have to choose from, but white on black should make it easier to distinguish as a rough guide for now.

Character Alignment: Hero, “Whatever that means” as he’s figuring it out as he goes. There’s no book on crime-fighting.

Identity: Secret. Secret to all, including close friends

Character Personality (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations): Young, 17 at time of vigilante epiphany, 23 now. Slight frame but very well cut. Was the sole heir to a very wealthy family but lives/eats like a bum, eats microwave food and 2 minute noodles regularly, shaves, but more to preserve identity than for any vanity or general sense of hygiene. Politically, he’s a liberal… within reason, but as he’s growing up he’s started to see both sides of the political spectrum’s arguments, albeit not always agreeing with them. Heavy amounts of guilt have moulded him into the young man he is at this point, the experiences he’s had as a result of these family issues have led him to be quite socially maladjusted or “socially retarded” as he describes himself. He will frequently speak his mind with little thought for the consequences and feelings of those around him. Does however show remorse afterwards, suggests just thoughtlessness on his part. Understands that there is no book on what he’s doing and as such modifies how he goes about his fight, analyses what took place after each conflict. Understands own shortcomings but falls into habits because of comfort (i.e. fighting style he prefers to fight like a peek-a-boo, toe-to-toe boxer despite not being built for it, largely due to habit and lack of fear for his own person since he can’t feel the damage he’s taking on – also other psychological reasons likely behind the choice to take large quantities of damage)

Origin Info/Details: Born in the mid-80s, his was a remarkable situation. A very rare condition saw his mother’s body treating the foetus as a disease/obstruction, her immune system attacking the baby and leaving the mother dramatically weakened and needing an extremely pre-mature c-section. In what was previously thought to be a zero survival rate case, IsaacFontaine the miracle baby was born in uncomfortable silence. His nerves fused in such a way as to not allow the sensation of pain to travel through to the receptors in his brain as his body managed to somehow naturally adapt to prevent the foetus dying of shock. His mother’s body however was ravaged and weakened by the birth, dying in the hospital. Her body died fighting the baby her mind wanted so badly. The father named the child Isaac, as was his mother’s wish and he raised the child as she would want, despite some deep-seeded resentment to the child for being the cause of death for the woman he loved so much.
The boy and his father would eat at the dinner table with the evening news on in the background, and his father would comment on it with the problems of the day (his father was a brash, opinionated man, just as the son would be – he was also grooming him to one day rise to fill his shoes in the corporate world). A liberal government combined with the news would lead to great rants from the conservative father, about the government being out of touch and needing to crack down on the criminal youth element (gangs and organised crime were becoming increasingly prevalent in Terraria through the 90s-early 2000s). One phrase which was repeated often which would resonate in the younger Fontaine’s ears: “Something has to be done”.
Fast forward a few years, and a young Fontaine is playing soccer, representing his boarding school, the young Isaac was taken out via a slide tackle from a vastly bigger boy from a rival school with a bullying reputation. Isaac got to his feet and shoved the bully who countered by punching Isaac in the face. Isaac had his feet set and took the brunt of the blow, returning fire with a shot that broke his nose and sat the behemoth on his arse. The following season he was urged into boxing as word passed through the school of the soccer incident. That next winter he also moved into rugby as he grew to love the positive response and reputation he got as a fearless, loyal teammate who would throw himself in to play support regardless the odds for success… coming out on top more often than not.
His first vigilante moment came at 17, when he saw an old man get mugged by 5 punk kids who stole his wallet and, seeing that nobody around was looking to oppose them, kicked the old man in the chest and walked away laughing. Fontaine’s dark scowl reflected his posture as he hunched in an intimidating fashion over the wheel. Observed the 5 walk to their car and trailed them back to a house. Fontaine picked off the residents one or two at a time, found the wallet and fled. From the security of his car he saw the wallet had been picked clean of cash, after a brief stop he returned the wallet plus $200 to its rightful owner after knocking on the door and leaving the wallet on the step whilst checking from a safe distance. The old man’s heart dangerously skipped a beat when he found it brimming with currency, but all was well and a hero was born.
A year later his father was mugged and bled out in a backstreet after leaving through a backdoor avoiding current affairs reporters who had been harassing their way to the top due to the poor behaviour of a comparatively lower down representative of the company. With this event a hobby mutated to obsession as his father’s words echoed with meaning now greater than ever.
With access to new wealth from his passing father, an empty house to work towards his fixation and the additional alibi of taking some time off to mourn the passing of his father added to his rapidly improving methods and the cool, fearless head which led to many calling him “Iced veins” Fontaine, Isaac now threatens to be the biggest blight on crime yet… if the police and a Premier seeking re-election don’t take him down first.

Hero Type (Select one): Between normal and muscle, in this world of the super-powered he leans closer to normal though

Power Level (Select one below): Going by the level of his actual powers you would say 1. But by definition he watches over his home city outside of this. That said… 1.

Powers (Be Specific): Inability to feel pain. Very (can’t stress this enough) minor healing factor that allows him to heal perhaps 50 percent faster than regular people

Attributes (Select one at each category):

Strength Level: Normal Human

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Normal Human

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: Greater than normal human level, since inability to feel pain allows him to go longer, harder since can’t feel the lactic acid burn.

Agility: Normal Human

Intelligence: Borderline genius intellect by human terms

Fighting Skill: Heavily influenced by boxing. Will kick but generally when opponent is more exposed. More power than finesse, will occasionally break his own bones when putting the hurt on opponents. Knows some counters in terms of other martial arts but is not a master at any... Looks to intimidate when fighting to keep opponents number low and better his own odds. Not opposed to inflicting serious injury in combat. Better at fighting against knives than with one himself, uses knife with his rear hand as opposed to leading with knife as experts would (just to demonstrate how raw his knowledge in this capacity is). Not a particularly good marksman (also applies to his grapple gun), largely due to his inexperience with firearms - abhors guns - to the point where other characters find it (his poor aim) amusing.

Resources: Large. Family was wealthy as father was a banking high-up and with his mother dying at his birth and father’s relatively recent death he has been left with a vast inheritance. Has own house (considered holiday house) in what he considers to be his home-town of Cooktown, also has several other houses in Terraria (home nation) and sizeable wealth split over real estate and a large stock portfolio which is controlled by a crew of his father’s close friends (brokers, accountants and financial advisors whose association with banking have them very much with their finger on the pulse of trends – his money is very safe) “until Isaac is ready to take over”.

Equipment: Equipment: jimmy sticks, harpoon gun adjusted to be used as grapple gun (which he starts off not being particularly proficient with, but improves), balaclava (has used motorcycle helmet and balaclava - predominantly uses balaclava due to incident with resourceful opponents who had spray paint), 500 in cash, has used baseball bat in the past (not relevant here), wears surgical gloves beneath leather ones (allows him the option for better dexterity) - cargo pants, black jumper, harness with climbing caribeenas

Weaknesses: Poor marksman, but doesn’t really use firearms anyway. Is very intelligent but like everyone needs to have it focused for it to be applicable. In a world of superpowered people perhaps his greatest weakness is being too human… Issues regarding family or lack thereof have left him quite socially maladjusted, will speak his mind too often as a result. Inability to feel pain results to more frequent and often serious injuries as he’ll push his body to extremes as a result.

Supporting Characters: Does have some; his accountant, broker, closest friend Barnes who he knew from high school and grew up to become a doctor (and knows just how socially maladjusted he is). But considering he’s flown over to New Haven by himself, and these people are unaware that he is The Vigilante and he’d prefer them not to find out (coinciding headlines of a similar vigilante in another country at same time he’s flown to that country, his friends aren’t stupid) they will likely have very few appearances if any. Sole role if they appear will likely be just to add some character development to proceedings.
If I may, I might write in some friends that he met on a previous trip to New Haven, just to build that character development.

List a few reasons why you've created that character:
1. Have been working on scripting some issues to see if I could publish a series on this character myself. Writing him on here should stop me from procrastinating so much and focus more on the character… more writing should equate to a better understanding of my own creation and if I can come up with some decent ideas for his own series out of this… hey, all the better.
2. With most graphic novel characters being American based or England based, I thought I might explore writing one based in a world much closer to the one that I can relate to down here in Australia, a gritty, realistic superhero character piece to look into the inner workings of what would have to happen for this to take place and how the world around him would mould to his actions. So I came up with a “What If?” idea of another Pacific Island nation which doesn’t exist in our own world, developed the nation’s own history, devised a character who would want to fix his broken world who had the capacity to make change himself, gave him just the right level of guilt to feel he HAD to and then started writing the first issue (which focuses largely on establishing the world he’s in… character revealed in last panel – relax, my thought process wasn’t to charge for that issue, I’m not dumb enough to try to foist a superhero comic with only one panel of said superhero out into the market. Was going to write that first issue off and distribute it at conventions), got a little done and then due to working shift-work in a job with little down-time, raising my own child and just generally being a lazy bum very little got done since that first knuckling under. This led to regret and frustration on my own end because I’d planned out far more issues in terms of plot and arc than I’d actually scripted. Which in turn led to greater frustration because I’m someone who’s head haunts him with ideas unless he gets it down on paper and clear… So… Here we are.
3. I wanted to work on a plausible, quality character who exists in a world I can closer relate to than some of the work out there today.

What can you bring to the RPG?: A very thorough mind.

Uniform/costume: Fontaine is more about effectiveness than style, as such everything he takes/wears has to be justifiable. He wears a black balaclava, generic black tracksuit top and pants, strapped with duct tape at the wrists and ankles to avoid leaving DNA evidence, wears rubber surgical gloves under leather gloves allowing him to remove leather gloves for greater dexterity.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:
Yes. Do I have the ability to CREATE pictures that look as awesome as some of the quality work that appears in the thread..? Hell no. I’ll stick to writing unless I have a decent idea. Heh.

Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):
Isaac Fontaine limps soundlessly and without wincing through the backstreets of downtown Cooktown, hands in his pockets, mentally going over the fight and what needs to improve. Fontaine thinks back to a younger, more innocent time, where a young boy sitting on a stool has exasperated a well meaning man of very thin patience.
"We all know you can take a punch, Fontaine, it doesn't mean you have to show it every round!"
Fontaine's mind flashes forward to the scuffle which occurred not more than 15 minutes ago, as Fontaine sticks a crisp jab and moves in to follow with a fluid combo on a stunned man as his mind clings to the audio of a bygone boxing coach.
"Jab him, use your length, keep him back. If he gets inside of that THEN you can mix it inside if you have to..."
The frustrated opponent of fifteen minutes gone begins to see the truth. The tide. The way this fight is going. In desperation the man swings wild, giving an eternity to the younger man whose mind and feet have been sharpened to a point from months, years of the same. The feet and torso let it slip as the contrasting grin, darker than the sea of black acrylic fibre that surrounded it, belied the flood of furious fists that followed as Fontaine unloaded heavy hooks to the body.
"...if you can round out with a stiff, solid jab then the only thing more frustrating than taking that jab will be the knowledge that even if you can get inside it, you can still go toe-to-toe like a slugger. Hell, you prefer it!"
A smug grin washes over his face through reflection "...but that jab still leaves an opening, however small, to counter. I prefer the strong, silent 'You can hit me, but if I see my spot because you try, you're going to be in a world of hurt' philosophy... Done me fine in the real stuff so far." The grin widens as he sees that he's arrived back at the car. Fontaine stops, surveys the scene, walking around the car twice checking angles, the walls, the building tops. This was always the most worrying part. Because there was very little way for him to be sure, absolutely positive, that he hadn't been tailed back to the car, here he was at his most vulnerable. But as such he'd always learnt to play the odds... there was no point checking much longer as he already had shown far too much interest in the car. If he fled, they'd look to ID the car and he'd have very little chance of escaping. Of course the ID numbers were scratched off on the car, and his "work car" was a very average looking Roadhawk sedan... Thousands of them get stolen every year. But if they were onto the car, the dragnet would likely close up faster than he'd have a hope of getting away (particularly with his ankle in its current state) because they certainly wouldn't take chances with him, no sir.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."

Last edited by Hound55; 03-23-2010 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:30 AM   #86
Hound55

That said it might be a little while til I'm churning posts out.

But I should be able to hold my own.

And awesome Dark Side of the Moon Av, Byrdman...

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 03-23-2010, 07:22 AM   #87
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Character you have created:
Isaac Fontaine©, known for his work in his home city of Cooktown (outside of this RPG, he has flown – in a plane - to New Haven) as The Vigilante as their media refuses to glamorise vigilantes by giving him a different name
Aliases: The Vigilante, Fontaine, Ice Fontaine, Iced Veins Fontaine and variants.

Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not):
White on black, such as this. Wrote this on Word first so I’m not real sure what fonts I have to choose from, but white on black should make it easier to distinguish as a rough guide for now.

Character Alignment: Hero, “Whatever that means” as he’s figuring it out as he goes. There’s no book on crime-fighting.

Identity: Secret. Secret to all, including close friends

Character Personality (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations): Young, 17 at time of vigilante epiphany, 23 now. Slight frame but very well cut. Was the sole heir to a very wealthy family but lives/eats like a bum, eats microwave food and 2 minute noodles regularly, shaves, but more to preserve identity than for any vanity or general sense of hygiene. Politically, he’s a liberal… within reason, but as he’s growing up he’s started to see both sides of the political spectrum’s arguments, albeit not always agreeing with them. Heavy amounts of guilt have moulded him into the young man he is at this point, the experiences he’s had as a result of these family issues have led him to be quite socially maladjusted or “socially retarded” as he describes himself. He will frequently speak his mind with little thought for the consequences and feelings of those around him. Does however show remorse afterwards, suggests just thoughtlessness on his part. Understands that there is no book on what he’s doing and as such modifies how he goes about his fight, analyses what took place after each conflict. Understands own shortcomings but falls into habits because of comfort (i.e. fighting style he prefers to fight like a peek-a-boo, toe-to-toe boxer despite not being built for it, largely due to habit and lack of fear for his own person since he can’t feel the damage he’s taking on – also other psychological reasons likely behind the choice to take large quantities of damage)

Origin Info/Details: Born in the mid-80s, his was a remarkable situation. A very rare condition saw his mother’s body treating the foetus as a disease/obstruction, her immune system attacking the baby and leaving the mother dramatically weakened and needing an extremely pre-mature c-section. In what was previously thought to be a zero survival rate case, IsaacFontaine the miracle baby was born in uncomfortable silence. His nerves fused in such a way as to not allow the sensation of pain to travel through to the receptors in his brain as his body managed to somehow naturally adapt to prevent the foetus dying of shock. His mother’s body however was ravaged and weakened by the birth, dying in the hospital. Her body died fighting the baby her mind wanted so badly. The father named the child Isaac, as was his mother’s wish and he raised the child as she would want, despite some deep-seeded resentment to the child for being the cause of death for the woman he loved so much.
The boy and his father would eat at the dinner table with the evening news on in the background, and his father would comment on it with the problems of the day (his father was a brash, opinionated man, just as the son would be – he was also grooming him to one day rise to fill his shoes in the corporate world). A liberal government combined with the news would lead to great rants from the conservative father, about the government being out of touch and needing to crack down on the criminal youth element (gangs and organised crime were becoming increasingly prevalent in Terraria through the 90s-early 2000s). One phrase which was repeated often which would resonate in the younger Fontaine’s ears: “Something has to be done”.
Fast forward a few years, and a young Fontaine is playing soccer, representing his boarding school, the young Isaac was taken out via a slide tackle from a vastly bigger boy from a rival school with a bullying reputation. Isaac got to his feet and shoved the bully who countered by punching Isaac in the face. Isaac had his feet set and took the brunt of the blow, returning fire with a shot that broke his nose and sat the behemoth on his arse. The following season he was urged into boxing as word passed through the school of the soccer incident. That next winter he also moved into rugby as he grew to love the positive response and reputation he got as a fearless, loyal teammate who would throw himself in to play support regardless the odds for success… coming out on top more often than not.
His first vigilante moment came at 17, when he saw an old man get mugged by 5 punk kids who stole his wallet and, seeing that nobody around was looking to oppose them, kicked the old man in the chest and walked away laughing. Fontaine’s dark scowl reflected his posture as he hunched in an intimidating fashion over the wheel. Observed the 5 walk to their car and trailed them back to a house. Fontaine picked off the residents one or two at a time, found the wallet and fled. From the security of his car he saw the wallet had been picked clean of cash, after a brief stop he returned the wallet plus $200 to its rightful owner after knocking on the door and leaving the wallet on the step whilst checking from a safe distance. The old man’s heart dangerously skipped a beat when he found it brimming with currency, but all was well and a hero was born.
A year later his father was mugged and bled out in a backstreet after leaving through a backdoor avoiding current affairs reporters who had been harassing their way to the top due to the poor behaviour of a comparatively lower down representative of the company. With this event a hobby mutated to obsession as his father’s words echoed with meaning now greater than ever.
With access to new wealth from his passing father, an empty house to work towards his fixation and the additional alibi of taking some time off to mourn the passing of his father added to his rapidly improving methods and the cool, fearless head which led to many calling him “Iced veins” Fontaine, Isaac now threatens to be the biggest blight on crime yet… if the police and a Premier seeking re-election don’t take him down first.

Hero Type (Select one): Between normal and muscle, in this world of the super-powered he leans closer to normal though

Power Level (Select one below): Going by the level of his actual powers you would say 1. But by definition he watches over his home city outside of this. That said… 1.

Powers (Be Specific): Inability to feel pain. Very (can’t stress this enough) minor healing factor that allows him to heal perhaps 50 percent faster than regular people

Attributes (Select one at each category):

Strength Level: Normal Human

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Normal Human

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: Greater than normal human level, since inability to feel pain allows him to go longer, harder since can’t feel the lactic acid burn.

Agility: Normal Human

Intelligence: Borderline genius intellect by human terms

Fighting Skill: Heavily influenced by boxing. Will kick but generally when opponent is more exposed. More power than finesse, will occasionally break his own bones when putting the hurt on opponents. Knows some counters in terms of other martial arts but is not a master at any... Looks to intimidate when fighting to keep opponents number low and better his own odds. Not opposed to inflicting serious injury in combat. Better at fighting against knives than with one himself, uses knife with his rear hand as opposed to leading with knife as experts would (just to demonstrate how raw his knowledge in this capacity is). Not a particularly good marksman (also applies to his grapple gun), largely due to his inexperience with firearms - abhors guns - to the point where other characters find it (his poor aim) amusing.

Resources: Large. Family was wealthy as father was a banking high-up and with his mother dying at his birth and father’s relatively recent death he has been left with a vast inheritance. Has own house (considered holiday house) in what he considers to be his home-town of Cooktown, also has several other houses in Terraria (home nation) and sizeable wealth split over real estate and a large stock portfolio which is controlled by a crew of his father’s close friends (brokers, accountants and financial advisors whose association with banking have them very much with their finger on the pulse of trends – his money is very safe) “until Isaac is ready to take over”.

Equipment: Equipment: jimmy sticks, harpoon gun adjusted to be used as grapple gun (which he starts off not being particularly proficient with, but improves), balaclava (has used motorcycle helmet and balaclava - predominantly uses balaclava due to incident with resourceful opponents who had spray paint), 500 in cash, has used baseball bat in the past (not relevant here), wears surgical gloves beneath leather ones (allows him the option for better dexterity) - cargo pants, black jumper, harness with climbing caribeenas

Weaknesses: Poor marksman, but doesn’t really use firearms anyway. Is very intelligent but like everyone needs to have it focused for it to be applicable. In a world of superpowered people perhaps his greatest weakness is being too human… Issues regarding family or lack thereof have left him quite socially maladjusted, will speak his mind too often as a result. Inability to feel pain results to more frequent and often serious injuries as he’ll push his body to extremes as a result.

Supporting Characters: Does have some; his accountant, broker, closest friend Barnes who he knew from high school and grew up to become a doctor (and knows just how socially maladjusted he is). But considering he’s flown over to New Haven by himself, and these people are unaware that he is The Vigilante and he’d prefer them not to find out (coinciding headlines of a similar vigilante in another country at same time he’s flown to that country, his friends aren’t stupid) they will likely have very few appearances if any. Sole role if they appear will likely be just to add some character development to proceedings.
If I may, I might write in some friends that he met on a previous trip to New Haven, just to build that character development.

List a few reasons why you've created that character:
1. Have been working on scripting some issues to see if I could publish a series on this character myself. Writing him on here should stop me from procrastinating so much and focus more on the character… more writing should equate to a better understanding of my own creation and if I can come up with some decent ideas for his own series out of this… hey, all the better.
2. With most graphic novel characters being American based or England based, I thought I might explore writing one based in a world much closer to the one that I can relate to down here in Australia, a gritty, realistic superhero character piece to look into the inner workings of what would have to happen for this to take place and how the world around him would mould to his actions. So I came up with a “What If?” idea of another Pacific Island nation which doesn’t exist in our own world, developed the nation’s own history, devised a character who would want to fix his broken world who had the capacity to make change himself, gave him just the right level of guilt to feel he HAD to and then started writing the first issue (which focuses largely on establishing the world he’s in… character revealed in last panel – relax, my thought process wasn’t to charge for that issue, I’m not dumb enough to try to foist a superhero comic with only one panel of said superhero out into the market. Was going to write that first issue off and distribute it at conventions), got a little done and then due to working shift-work in a job with little down-time, raising my own child and just generally being a lazy bum very little got done since that first knuckling under. This led to regret and frustration on my own end because I’d planned out far more issues in terms of plot and arc than I’d actually scripted. Which in turn led to greater frustration because I’m someone who’s head haunts him with ideas unless he gets it down on paper and clear… So… Here we are.
3. I wanted to work on a plausible, quality character who exists in a world I can closer relate to than some of the work out there today.

What can you bring to the RPG?: A very thorough mind.

Uniform/costume: Fontaine is more about effectiveness than style, as such everything he takes/wears has to be justifiable. He wears a black balaclava, generic black tracksuit top and pants, strapped with duct tape at the wrists and ankles to avoid leaving DNA evidence, wears rubber surgical gloves under leather gloves allowing him to remove leather gloves for greater dexterity.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:
Yes. Do I have the ability to CREATE pictures that look as awesome as some of the quality work that appears in the thread..? Hell no. I’ll stick to writing unless I have a decent idea. Heh.

Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):
Isaac Fontaine limps soundlessly and without wincing through the backstreets of downtown Cooktown, hands in his pockets, mentally going over the fight and what needs to improve. Fontaine thinks back to a younger, more innocent time, where a young boy sitting on a stool has exasperated a well meaning man of very thin patience.
"We all know you can take a punch, Fontaine, it doesn't mean you have to show it every round!"
Fontaine's mind flashes forward to the scuffle which occurred not more than 15 minutes ago, as Fontaine sticks a crisp jab and moves in to follow with a fluid combo on a stunned man as his mind clings to the audio of a bygone boxing coach.
"Jab him, use your length, keep him back. If he gets inside of that THEN you can mix it inside if you have to..."
The frustrated opponent of fifteen minutes gone begins to see the truth. The tide. The way this fight is going. In desperation the man swings wild, giving an eternity to the younger man whose mind and feet have been sharpened to a point from months, years of the same. The feet and torso let it slip as the contrasting grin, darker than the sea of black acrylic fibre that surrounded it, belied the flood of furious fists that followed as Fontaine unloaded heavy hooks to the body.
"...if you can round out with a stiff, solid jab then the only thing more frustrating than taking that jab will be the knowledge that even if you can get inside it, you can still go toe-to-toe like a slugger. Hell, you prefer it!"
A smug grin washes over his face through reflection "...but that jab still leaves an opening, however small, to counter. I prefer the strong, silent 'You can hit me, but if I see my spot because you try, you're going to be in a world of hurt' philosophy... Done me fine in the real stuff so far." The grin widens as he sees that he's arrived back at the car. Fontaine stops, surveys the scene, walking around the car twice checking angles, the walls, the building tops. This was always the most worrying part. Because there was very little way for him to be sure, absolutely positive, that he hadn't been tailed back to the car, here he was at his most vulnerable. But as such he'd always learnt to play the odds... there was no point checking much longer as he already had shown far too much interest in the car. If he fled, they'd look to ID the car and he'd have very little chance of escaping. Of course the ID numbers were scratched off on the car, and his "work car" was a very average looking Roadhawk sedan... Thousands of them get stolen every year. But if they were onto the car, the dragnet would likely close up faster than he'd have a hope of getting away (particularly with his ankle in its current state) because they certainly wouldn't take chances with him, no sir.
Approved

Old 03-23-2010, 11:55 AM   #88
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?

Wow, is that really a copyright, Hound?

Old 03-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #89
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_x1 View Post
Been busy with dull essays for the last couple days, but I'll have a post up tomorrow. You guys get crackin' too!
Alright, I've decided that I'm a sucky hypocrite.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #90
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post

And awesome Dark Side of the Moon Av, Byrdman...
It's a Dark Side of the Moon/Andy Griffith Avvy!

Old 03-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #91
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Floyd was always high.

Quote:
Old 03-23-2010, 03:09 PM   #92
Hound55

Quote:
Either way Shine on you crazy Byrdman...

Old 03-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #93
Rain Dog
Failure

Quote:
Quote:
Floyd was always high.
Which one's Pink?

Old 03-23-2010, 03:31 PM   #94
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dog View Post
Which one's Pink?
And did we tell you the name of the game, boy?

Quote:
Old 03-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #95
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

*shakes head* With ****heads like you around, no wonder I like to get comfortably numb.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #96
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

Byrd to Da Man, just letting you know, my bad on the lack of posting for this arc we are doing. I just can't put Final Fantasy and God Of War down. But tomoray i'll be at work so i'll have nothing but time on my hands to get these posts up to get the ball rolling.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #97
Rain Dog
Failure

Quote:
*shakes head* With ****heads like you around, no wonder I like to get comfortably numb.
Well, **** y--oh. I get it.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #98
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Majestic View Post
Byrd to Da Man, just letting you know, my bad on the lack of posting for this arc we are doing. I just can't put Final Fantasy and God Of War down. But tomoray i'll be at work so i'll have nothing but time on my hands to get these posts up to get the ball rolling.
Final Fantasy? Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:13 PM   #99
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

Maybe so but I'm damn sure having a ball while i'm doing it. Stay with fat girls at the house. All we eat is Mcchurgers. (For those who dont know that a Mc chicken on top of a double cheese burger.)

Oh yea fat status

Old 03-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #100
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Well, I'd planned on getting something up tonight, but I'm exhausted. I'll have somehting up tomorrow at some point

Closed Thread