The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #101
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread

Is there anything more demoralizing than losing a post?

I spent over twenty minutes typing one up last night just in time for my computer to crash. I really don't feel like retyping it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #102
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

I've done that, too.

Since then I've taken to doing it in Word, copy-pasting and then just fiddling about with the formatting.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 03-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #103
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Well, what ticks me off is that I copied everything to the clip board like I always do. But clipboards don't survive computer crashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:24 AM   #104
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

ok so I lied. I had an unexpected emergency come up today, I'll have something in tomorrow

Old 04-03-2010, 12:03 AM   #105
Rain Dog
Failure

So would anyone be interested in some awkward interactions with Olympus Mons?

Old 04-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #106
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

If you want Rain after i get my app up for Spartan me and you can do something.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #107
Rain Dog
Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Majestic View Post
If you want Rain after i get my app up for Spartan me and you can do something.
I'm down

Old 04-06-2010, 01:33 AM   #108
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

I'm still alive! Finals are kicking my ass and I won't have time to get a Survivor post up until Thursday afternoon, but I'm still here!

Old 04-08-2010, 12:14 AM   #109
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Sorry I've been missing here. I'll have a post up this weekend

Old 04-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #110
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

I'll hopefully have 1 up tonight.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 04-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #111
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

Character you have created: Mark Moore

Alias: Spartan

Speech Color: It will be Black, Impact font, and underlined.Like this.

Character Alignment: Hero (in his eyes) He is not good or bad he just fallow orders

Identity: Secret

Character Personality: Mark is a person with almost truly no personality or emotion. Since birth he was raise to do one thing and one thing only and that’s fallow orders. He rarely thinks for himself. He has no sense of good or evil only the mission matters to him.

Origin Info/Details: Seventeen years ago an alien woman landed on Earth and was detained by STRIKE agents. The scientist of STRIKE took samples of this aliens DNA to study it and use it. The alien DNA along with human DNA was used to create a new human. They waited for the child to get to the age of 4 before they began to train it. STRIKE agents plus the scientist were amazed at how fast there creation came along. They put the boy through countless tests and as he got older the tests became more harder and deadly. At the age of 13 he had his first field test. His job was to capture a metahuman and bring it back STRIKE. His first field test he pass with flying colors. That’s when they dubbed him Spartan the ultimate soldier. As he got older he rise quickly throughout the ranks to the point he became one of STRIKE number one’s. At the age of 18 he moved in with one of the field agents. STRIKE figure it would be best for him to have some what of a normal life and also a way to keep him in line so he can witness with his eyes how dangerous people with abilities can be.

After the event of the invasion Spartan was give a mission, a mission that only he and his team can do. But during the course of his new mission Spartan had ran into some old enemies that had a boost in power. After the battle Spartan defeated his foes but at a price. The battle left him unconscious. He has been that way for a month now.

Hero Type (Select one):Brick/Muscle

Power Level (Select one below): World Level

Powers (Be Specific): Instantaneous Adaptation: What this mean is that his body automatically adapts to any situation or environment he is placed in, allowing him to survive possibly anything. If he is surrounded by thugs he will gain super strength and durability to take the thugs down. While in the dark he would gain night-vision. He can increase his own intelligence. If he is in a situation that he has been in before he has trained his body so that he can pick between the powers he has used in the past. As new situation appear new abilities will as well.

Attributes:

Strength Level: 1-100 Ton
. His strength would very from the situation. He would be as strong as he would need to be.

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 10mph-100mph His speed and reaction time would also depend on the situation he is in.

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 5 hours.

Agility: 5X-20X Human level.

Intelligence: Genius

Fighting Skill: Mastered

Resources: Large

Weaknesses: STRIKE made a formula especially for Mark so that if he would ever turn his back on them it would leave him powerless while it’s in his system. If he is in no situation he has no powers.

Supporting Characters: Agent Roger Moore (Step Father), The Executioners, Major Lee

List a few reasons why you've created that character: Because you may all not say it but you need Spartan. He is a character that i made to be a hero in the eyes of the innocent people of earth. He is their protector from all Metahumans ALL METAHUMANS. With everything that has happened since the invasion people of earth needs a real hero that works with and for the Government, Spartan is that person.

What can you bring to the RPG?: Another character for the rpg and of course another story teller.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:

Sample Post: Mark and Agent Moore sit in the van watching as the other agents apprehended Erin Reed also known as the Gladiator. When it comes to powerful Metahumans they bring Mark just in case he might be needed. But it seems that this wasn’t the case.

“I got you copy that. It looks like they were able to detain her no problem. I bet you feel relived that you didn’t have to do anything this time huh?”

Mark sat in the passenger sit of the van looking out of the window.

“It doesn’t matter to me.”

And that it didn’t. When ever Mark is called by STRIKE and emotion that people may THINK he has is thrown out the window. Only thing in his mind is to make sure the job gets done no matter what.

“Mark you do know you don’t have to be like this all the time right?”

Mark slowly turns to his left to look agent Moore in the eyes.

“Be like what?” He asked with a confuse tone in his voice.

“Like that. So emotionless, you should be happy that you didn’t have to fight and we are making the streets a better place for everybody.”

“I’m train to feel nothing so I do as am told.”

“What about when you go to school? I see how happy you are around those other kids. You even joined the football team and have very close friends there.”

“That is simple, my orders were to try and live a some what normal life. So like my abilities I just adapt to my surroundings. If I act like a happy teenager and do what normal teenagers do then it would make it that much harder for anyone to figure out I am a member of the STRIKE organization.”

After Mark finish what he said he then turns his head back towards the window. Only thing Agent Moore could think of was all the things that Mark had to go through as a child. A kid growing up with a childless past, even through Mark wasn’t his real son he still looks at him as if he is.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #112
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Majestic View Post
Character you have created: Mark Moore

Alias: Spartan

Speech Color: It will be Black, Impact font, and underlined.Like this.

Character Alignment: Hero (in his eyes) He is not good or bad he just fallow orders

Character Personality: Mark is a person with almost truly no personality or emotion. Since birth he was raise to do one thing and one thing only and that’s fallow orders. He rarely thinks for himself. He has no sense of good or evil only the mission matters to him.

Origin Info/Details: Seventeen years ago an alien woman landed on Earth and was detained by STRIKE agents. The scientist of STRIKE took samples of this aliens DNA to study it and use it. The alien DNA along with human DNA was used to create a new human. They waited for the child to get to the age of 4 before they began to train it. STRIKE agents plus the scientist were amazed at how fast there creation came along. They put the boy through countless tests and as he got older the tests became more harder and deadly. At the age of 13 he had his first field test. His job was to capture a metahuman and bring it back STRIKE. His first field test he pass with flying colors. That’s when they dubbed him Spartan the ultimate soldier. As he got older he rise quickly throughout the ranks to the point he became one of STRIKE number one’s. At the age of 18 he moved in with one of the field agents. STRIKE figure it would be best for him to have some what of a normal life and also a way to keep him in line so he can witness with his eyes how dangerous people with abilities can be.

After the event of the invasion Spartan was give a mission, a mission that only he and his team can do. But during the course of his new mission Spartan had ran into some old enemies that had a boost in power. After the battle Spartan defeated his foes but at a price. The battle left him unconscious. He has been that way for a month now.

Hero Type (Select one):Brick/Muscle

Power Level (Select one below): World Level

Powers (Be Specific): Instantaneous Adaptation: What this mean is that his body automatically adapts to any situation or environment he is placed in, allowing him to survive possibly anything. If he is surrounded by thugs he will gain super strength and durability to take the thugs down. While in the dark he would gain night-vision. He can increase his own intelligence. If he is in a situation that he has been in before he has trained his body so that he can pick between the powers he has used in the past. As new situation appear new abilities will as well.

Attributes:

Strength Level: 1-100 Ton. His strength would very from the situation. He would be as strong as he would need to be.

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 10mph-100mph His speed and reaction time would also depend on the situation he is in.

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 5 hours.

Agility: 5X-20X Human level.

Intelligence: Genius

Fighting Skill: Mastered

Resources: Large

Weaknesses: STRIKE made a formula especially for Mark so that if he would ever turn his back on them it would leave him powerless while it’s in his system. If he is in no situation he has no powers.

Supporting Characters: Agent Roger Moore (Step Father), The Executioners, Major Lee

List a few reasons why you've created that character: Because you may all not say it but you need Spartan. He is a character that i made to be a hero in the eyes of the innocent people of earth. He is their protector from all Metahumans ALL METAHUMANS. With everything that has happened since the invasion people of earth needs a real hero that works with and for the Government, Spartan is that person.

What can you bring to the RPG?: Another character for the rpg and of course another story teller.

Sample Post: Mark and Agent Moore sit in the van watching as the other agents apprehended Erin Reed also known as the Gladiator. When it comes to powerful Metahumans they bring Mark just in case he might be needed. But it seems that this wasn’t the case.

“I got you copy that. It looks like they were able to detain her no problem. I bet you feel relived that you didn’t have to do anything this time huh?”

Mark sat in the passenger sit of the van looking out of the window.

“It doesn’t matter to me.”

And that it didn’t. When ever Mark is called by STRIKE and emotion that people may THINK he has is thrown out the window. Only thing in his mind is to make sure the job gets done no matter what.

“Mark you do know you don’t have to be like this all the time right?”

Mark slowly turns to his left to look agent Moore in the eyes.

“Be like what?” He asked with a confuse tone in his voice.

“Like that. So emotionless, you should be happy that you didn’t have to fight and we are making the streets a better place for everybody.”

“I’m train to feel nothing so I do as am told.”

“What about when you go to school? I see how happy you are around those other kids. You even joined the football team and have very close friends there.”

“That is simple, my orders were to try and live a some what normal life. So like my abilities I just adapt to my surroundings. If I act like a happy teenager and do what normal teenagers do then it would make it that much harder for anyone to figure out I am a member of the STRIKE organization.”

After Mark finish what he said he then turns his head back towards the window. Only thing Agent Moore could think of was all the things that Mark had to go through as a child. A kid growing up with a childless past, even through Mark wasn’t his real son he still looks at him as if he is.
Approved

Old 04-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #113
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Hey guys, I'll have some posts up sometime this weekend. I've had a few things come up unexpectedly that's kept me busy, but things are starting to calm down a bit now. I'm hoping to get some stuff up tonight when I get back from doing some arrands, if not most likely I'll have some posts up tomorrow

Old 04-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #114
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

I'm still in this dammit! I'll put up an application (or three, depending on the answer to my question) tonight when I get home.

I'm sticking with SuperFerret, and for my origin story at least, I'll be using the stuff from the short stories I'm writing starring him. The issue I have is that it's in multiple first person POVs, with the main one being SF himself (he's still the protagonist). Would I need to apply for each character, or is it okay for me to use first person POV for attached NPC's?

Old 04-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #115
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
I'm still in this dammit! I'll put up an application (or three, depending on the answer to my question) tonight when I get home.

I'm sticking with SuperFerret, and for my origin story at least, I'll be using the stuff from the short stories I'm writing starring him. The issue I have is that it's in multiple first person POVs, with the main one being SF himself (he's still the protagonist). Would I need to apply for each character, or is it okay for me to use first person POV for attached NPC's?
I personally don't have an issue with it, but to be on the safe side it might be a good idea to put in the app for the others as well. But I'll leave this decision up to Spike

Old 04-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #116
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

You used a writing method similar to that with Martian Manhunter before, didn't you (unless my memory center is drunk again)? I certainly don't have a problem with it in SuperFerret's case.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #117
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_x1 View Post
You used a writing method similar to that with Martian Manhunter before, didn't you (unless my memory center is drunk again)? I certainly don't have a problem with it in SuperFerret's case.
I must be either blind or stupid to have missed this post. Thanks Spike, and yes, I used it for J'onn once or twice.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:03 AM   #118
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Create a Hero RPG SEASON III Application

Character you have created: Sean Abbott
Alias: Mantis

Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not): Green Tahoma (Sean) / Bold Green Tahoma (Mantis)

Character Alignment: Hero

Character Personality: Sean is still young enough to be pretty idealistic. He truly believes in a world where evil is always punished and good always prevails. He's dedicated to his 'work' as Mantis, and nothing can sway him from the mission. At the same time, though, he doesn't allow himself to get too serious. He can appreciate the fact that he's dressing up in green tights and beating on thugs. There's humor in that, and Sean embraces it.

Origin Info/Details: Sean was born with latent genetic mutations, but they were unactivated. One day, after smoking, chemicals in his bloodstream jumpstarted those mutations. Sean's abilities manifested, and it freaked him out - naturally. He was more than content with trying to live a normal life, but when tragedy struck home (in the form of his girlfriend's accidental death) Sean realized that life was too short. If he could do something to save other people his pain, he would. Thus started Mantis.

Hero Type: Acrobat

Power Level: 2. City Level

Powers: Enhanced reflexes, increased agility, increased flexibility, super-jumping, superstrength, ability to stick to walls, enhanced eyesight and hearing, bone-like blades that extend from his forearms.

Attributes:

Strength Level: 20 tons.

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 60 MPH.

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 3 hours.

Agility: 15X Human level.

Intelligence: Average.

Fighting Skill: Trained.

Resources: Minimal.

Weaknesses: Sean's a high school kid. His life is already crazy enough without the superpowers and the crimefighting. As such, he can have a hard time juggling everything. Also, if his enemies were to ever learn his identity, so much of Sean's life would be at stake. Like most heroes, Sean is determined to save lives - even at the cost of letting the bad guy get away.

Supporting Characters: Sean's closest confidant is his best friend, Jim Harrison, who also happens to know Sean's secret. Sean's girlfriend, Brooke McFadden, does not know his secret - which can get Sean into trouble. For some time, Sean has tried to rekindle a friendship with Vince Daniels - an old friend who hasn't had much time for anything other than school. On the flipside, Sean has been trying to get away from Marilyn Freel, a possessive ex-girlfriend with a serious attitude problem. Sean also has another friend, Abby Smith, who moved away six years ago. Sean is very close with his sister, Vicky, as well.

Mantis's contact in the Carver Lake Police Department is Sergeant Hampton. The two have a tenuous partnership which helps keep Mantis out of the police's crosshairs.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: Truth be told? Mantis was my personal version of Spider-Man. I wanted to make a superhero character, and not intentionally - though not accidentally - I created one with all the typical Spider-Man traits: youth, humor, bad luck, spider-like powers. However, I've since realized that I love Mantis for Sean and his supporting cast more than his alterego. Sure, he's still a superhero, and I still have fun with that, but it's his interactions with his friends and family that I really enjoy.

What can you bring to the RPG?: Intricate coming-of-age stories with realistic characters at the heart. Oh, and I'll kick some criminal butt now and again, too.

Sample Post:

I need a theme song.

Okay, okay, it seems like a silly thing to be thinking about while I'm running around the city at night, but - I mean - c'mon! Tell me it wouldn't be sweet to have a theme song? Like, any minute now, some crime's going to break out, and you know what my grand entrance will be? I'll just show up. If I'm in the mood, I might throw out a quick one-liner. But that's it! Whereas if I had a theme song, I could burst onto the scene!

Man, I am so bored. Is this really what I'm thinking about? Theme songs? I have a chemistry test at the end of the week, and I'm trying to reword showtunes to incorporate the words 'Mantis,' 'crime,' and 'dreamy?' Well, Sean, I'm glad to see you have your priorities straight! I mean, it's not like your alien friend came to you and warned you of impending doom.

Oh, wait. Yes. Yes, she did. I have an alien friend, and she warned me of impending doom. As you can probably imagine, it was quite the upbeat reunion. Would I have preferred to discuss who we'd want to win American Idol instead? Of course! But it wouldn't be a day in the life of Sean Joseph Abbott if there wasn't impending doom!

"Wow. I am bored," I announce aloud. "For the love of all that is good and holy, please let there be a crime to stop."

Wait. What's that? Sirens? Oh, boy! Sirens!

That's probably wrong of me to say, right? Oh well! It gives me something to do! I look to the heavens, point, and say, "Guess I owe you one, Buddy."

Old 04-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #119
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post
Create a Hero RPG SEASON III Application

Character you have created: Sean Abbott
Alias: Mantis

Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not): Green Tahoma (Sean) / Bold Green Tahoma (Mantis)

Character Personality: Sean is still young enough to be pretty idealistic. He truly believes in a world where evil is always punished and good always prevails. He's dedicated to his 'work' as Mantis, and nothing can sway him from the mission. At the same time, though, he doesn't allow himself to get too serious. He can appreciate the fact that he's dressing up in green tights and beating on thugs. There's humor in that, and Sean embraces it.

Origin Info/Details: Sean was born with latent genetic mutations, but they were unactivated. One day, after smoking, chemicals in his bloodstream jumpstarted those mutations. Sean's abilities manifested, and it freaked him out - naturally. He was more than content with trying to live a normal life, but when tragedy struck home (in the form of his girlfriend's accidental death) Sean realized that life was too short. If he could do something to save other people his pain, he would. Thus started Mantis.

Hero Type: Acrobat

Power Level: 2. City Level

Powers: Enhanced reflexes, increased agility, increased flexibility, super-jumping, superstrength, ability to stick to walls, enhanced eyesight and hearing, bone-like blades that extend from his forearms.

Attributes:

Strength Level: 20 tons.

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 60 MPH.

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 3 hours.

Intelligence: Average.

Fighting Skill: Trained.

Resources: Minimal.

Weaknesses: Sean's a high school kid. His life is already crazy enough without the superpowers and the crimefighting. As such, he can have a hard time juggling everything. Also, if his enemies were to ever learn his identity, so much of Sean's life would be at stake. Like most heroes, Sean is determined to save lives - even at the cost of letting the bad guy get away.

Supporting Characters: Sean's closest confidant is his best friend, Jim Harrison, who also happens to know Sean's secret. Sean's girlfriend, Brooke McFadden, does not know his secret - which can get Sean into trouble. For some time, Sean has tried to rekindle a friendship with Vince Daniels - an old friend who hasn't had much time for anything other than school. On the flipside, Sean has been trying to get away from Marilyn Freel, a possessive ex-girlfriend with a serious attitude problem. Sean also has another friend, Abby Smith, who moved away six years ago. Sean is very close with his sister, Vicky, as well.

Mantis's contact in the Carver Lake Police Department is Sergeant Hampton. The two have a tenuous partnership which helps keep Mantis out of the police's crosshairs.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: Truth be told? Mantis was my personal version of Spider-Man. I wanted to make a superhero character, and not intentionally - though not accidentally - I created one with all the typical Spider-Man traits: youth, humor, bad luck, spider-like powers. However, I've since realized that I love Mantis for Sean and his supporting cast more than his alterego. Sure, he's still a superhero, and I still have fun with that, but it's his interactions with his friends and family that I really enjoy.

What can you bring to the RPG?: Intricate coming-of-age stories with realistic characters at the heart. Oh, and I'll kick some criminal butt now and again, too.

Sample Post:

I need a theme song.

Okay, okay, it seems like a silly thing to be thinking about while I'm running around the city at night, but - I mean - c'mon! Tell me it wouldn't be sweet to have a theme song? Like, any minute now, some crime's going to break out, and you know what my grand entrance will be? I'll just show up. If I'm in the mood, I might throw out a quick one-liner. But that's it! Whereas if I had a theme song, I could burst onto the scene!

Man, I am so bored. Is this really what I'm thinking about? Theme songs? I have a chemistry test at the end of the week, and I'm trying to reword showtunes to incorporate the words 'Mantis,' 'crime,' and 'dreamy?' Well, Sean, I'm glad to see you have your priorities straight! I mean, it's not like your alien friend came to you and warned you of impending doom.

Oh, wait. Yes. Yes, she did. I have an alien friend, and she warned me of impending doom. As you can probably imagine, it was quite the upbeat reunion. Would I have preferred to discuss who we'd want to win American Idol instead? Of course! But it wouldn't be a day in the life of Sean Joseph Abbott if there wasn't impending doom!

"Wow. I am bored," I announce aloud. "For the love of all that is good and holy, please let there be a crime to stop."

Wait. What's that? Sirens? Oh, boy! Sirens!

That's probably wrong of me to say, right? Oh well! It gives me something to do! I look to the heavens, point, and say, "Guess I owe you one, Buddy."
Approved

Old 04-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #120
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Finally got a Shadow Walker post up. It's not much, just something to set up the arc I'd been working towards since before the invasion last season.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:50 PM   #121
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

Character you have created: Benjamin Stephen Blackfoot
Alias: SuperFerret

Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not): Comic Sans Dark Orange Bold

Identity: Secret (as of right now)

Character Personality (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations): Generally a nice, down to earth type of guy, Ben has been through quite a bit in the last year, and now has a tendency to be bitter. Confused with his place in the world, who he’ll become is a bigger question mark than it’s ever been.

Uniform/costume:

Origin Info/Details: Ben is an iktisanthrope (what you would call a wereweasel), and has been since birth. He’s always been able to change his physical shape into that of a humanoid weasel, and he’s always had an empathic link with animals of all varieties. It might be for these abilities that he was abducted a year ago. His captors performed experiments on him, enhancing his physical and mental abilities beyond what he was previously capable of.

Hero Type (Select one): Psychic/Supernatural

Power Level (Select one below): 2. City Level (Ex. Spider-Man, Cyclops)

Powers (Be Specific):

* Enhanced Strength, Agility and Durability: I’d say it’s roughly at Spider-Man’s level of each. These are only fully effective in his human-weasel hybrid form, he’s only half as strong, fast and durable in his human form.
* Primal Telepathy: He’s able to read the thoughts of all other animals (including humans and any other species that fall in the Animal Kingdom), but only receives information in visual form (he can’t “hear” your thoughts, but anything you picture in your mind will be able to be detected). Similarly, he can send “visual” thoughts as communication. He also can use this ability to command animals (here is where those animals with human-like intelligence are excluded) to do his bidding.
* Primal Empathy: He’s able to sense the emotions of all other animals (including humans and any other species that fall in the Animal Kingdom), as well as physical sensations such as pleasure or pain. Similarly, he can broadcast such emotions and sensations and cause others to experience them.
* Weasel Senses: Like all weasels, Ben has an extremely well-developed olfactory sense (roughly 50 times as sensitive as a human’s). His senses of sight and hearing are also beyond those of a normal human (roughly 10 times better). He also has a tapetum lucidum in his eyes, which helps him see well in dim light and also causes his eyes to give off a greenish glow (like in most non-human animals, though it’s commonly associated with deer and cats).
* Regeneration: Ben can heal roughly 10 times faster from normal injuries than a normal human.

Attributes (Select one at each category):
Strength Level: 10 tons.
Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 30 MPH.
Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 4 hours.
Intelligence: Average/Genius (I’d say he falls between these two. “Fairly Smart” would be ideal, say around Nightwing’s intelligence.)
Fighting Skill: Untrained/Trained (Fights instinctually, like an animal. He’s not trained, but he’s not bumbling in combat.)
Resources: Minimal/Average (He’ll start off dirt poor, but I plan on getting him a job. Hopefully, you never know with this economy.)

Weakness: Like all were-creatures, Ben has a severe allergy to silver. He can touch silver plated objects with his skin with no ill effects, but touching pure silver causes him to break out in a painful rash. If a silver plated object pierces his skin, it will cause him extreme pain, but not do any more harm than normal, though it will not regenerate as fast as he normally would. If a pure silver object pierces his skin, not only will it cause him enough agony to possibly cause him to pass out, it will do more harm than a similar wound would as well as take far longer to heal.

Supporting Characters: To be revealed.

List a few reasons why you've created that character:

* I’ve had this character for almost as long as I’ve been posting under the name of SuperFerret.
* I like the idea of a bestial superhero.
* I still feel like it.

What can you bring to the RPG?:

* A champion of all animals, not just humanity.
* A superhero who’s not afraid to be proactive or go against the norms of society.
* Ferrety goodness.
* Cookies.*

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: See my costume above.

Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):

I don’t know how long I’ve been here; caged and alone in the dark. I feel like a trapped animal, only able to eat, sleep, crap and pace around the perimeter of the ten by ten foot cage like some impotent lion at a cheap circus. That’s what I am, I guess, a caged, wild beast. I’m sure as hell not human, at least not all the time.

There’s very little light here. I can barely make out the edges and bars of the cage, the troughs where I get my water and the bland, boiled chicken and rice that I’m fed, and the pile of dirty blankets that I sleep on. More often than not though, I wake up lying on the cold steel floor in the middle of the cage. Each morning (and I use the term “morning” loosely, because I have no clue what time of day it is in this darkness), I discover freshly stitched up incisions on various places of my body. I pull the stitches out with my teeth and hands and know I will heal by the time I wake the next morning.

Whoever’s been keeping me here has been drugging me, cutting me open, and doing God only knows what to me before closing me up and there is not a damned thing I can do about it. I haven’t even figured out how they’re drugging me yet. It’s not the food or water, since I’ve starved myself and still had it happen to me. They’re not gassing me. It only happens when I go to sleep, which it seems like I do often. I can’t tell though, I’ve been here so long that I’ve lost all sense of time. Anyway, I have nothing else to do but eat, sleep, pace, do pushups and think. I think a lot, more than I want to. Thinking makes me depressed and angry, all I have to think about is everything I’ve lost.

While it doesn’t matter much here and now, my name is Ben Blackfoot. I’m 26 years old. Like my father, I’m an iktisanthrope; a wereweasel. Like a werewolf, only instead of turning into a humanoid wolf, I transform into a weasel-like creature. My mother is human, and she raised me alone after my father was taken by werewolves. I was only four at the time, but I remember how worried my mother was when she got that last phone call from him. He called to say goodbye and that he was leaving town to lead the lycans away from us. We never heard from him again…

*Cookies not valid in this or neighboring planes of existence.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:09 PM   #122
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
Character you have created: Benjamin Stephen Blackfoot
Alias: SuperFerret

Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not): Comic Sans Dark Orange Bold

Identity: Secret (as of right now)

Character Personality (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations): Generally a nice, down to earth type of guy, Ben has been through quite a bit in the last year, and now has a tendency to be bitter. Confused with his place in the world, who he’ll become is a bigger question mark than it’s ever been.

Uniform/costume:

Origin Info/Details: Ben is an iktisanthrope (what you would call a wereweasel), and has been since birth. He’s always been able to change his physical shape into that of a humanoid weasel, and he’s always had an empathic link with animals of all varieties. It might be for these abilities that he was abducted a year ago. His captors performed experiments on him, enhancing his physical and mental abilities beyond what he was previously capable of.

Hero Type (Select one): Psychic/Supernatural

Power Level (Select one below): 2. City Level (Ex. Spider-Man, Cyclops)

Powers (Be Specific):

* Enhanced Strength, Agility and Durability: I’d say it’s roughly at Spider-Man’s level of each. These are only fully effective in his human-weasel hybrid form, he’s only half as strong, fast and durable in his human form.
* Primal Telepathy: He’s able to read the thoughts of all other animals (including humans and any other species that fall in the Animal Kingdom), but only receives information in visual form (he can’t “hear” your thoughts, but anything you picture in your mind will be able to be detected). Similarly, he can send “visual” thoughts as communication. He also can use this ability to command animals (here is where those animals with human-like intelligence are excluded) to do his bidding.
* Primal Empathy: He’s able to sense the emotions of all other animals (including humans and any other species that fall in the Animal Kingdom), as well as physical sensations such as pleasure or pain. Similarly, he can broadcast such emotions and sensations and cause others to experience them.
* Weasel Senses: Like all weasels, Ben has an extremely well-developed olfactory sense (roughly 50 times as sensitive as a human’s). His senses of sight and hearing are also beyond those of a normal human (roughly 10 times better). He also has a tapetum lucidum in his eyes, which helps him see well in dim light and also causes his eyes to give off a greenish glow (like in most non-human animals, though it’s commonly associated with deer and cats).
* Regeneration: Ben can heal roughly 10 times faster from normal injuries than a normal human.

Attributes (Select one at each category):
Strength Level: 10 tons.
Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 30 MPH.
Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 4 hours.
Intelligence: Average/Genius (I’d say he falls between these two. “Fairly Smart” would be ideal, say around Nightwing’s intelligence.)
Fighting Skill: Untrained/Trained (Fights instinctually, like an animal. He’s not trained, but he’s not bumbling in combat.)
Resources: Minimal/Average (He’ll start off dirt poor, but I plan on getting him a job. Hopefully, you never know with this economy.)

Weakness: Like all were-creatures, Ben has a severe allergy to silver. He can touch silver plated objects with his skin with no ill effects, but touching pure silver causes him to break out in a painful rash. If a silver plated object pierces his skin, it will cause him extreme pain, but not do any more harm than normal, though it will not regenerate as fast as he normally would. If a pure silver object pierces his skin, not only will it cause him enough agony to possibly cause him to pass out, it will do more harm than a similar wound would as well as take far longer to heal.

Supporting Characters: To be revealed.

List a few reasons why you've created that character:

* I’ve had this character for almost as long as I’ve been posting under the name of SuperFerret.
* I like the idea of a bestial superhero.
* I still feel like it.

What can you bring to the RPG?:

* A champion of all animals, not just humanity.
* A superhero who’s not afraid to be proactive or go against the norms of society.
* Ferrety goodness.
* Cookies.*

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: See my costume above.

Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):

I don’t know how long I’ve been here; caged and alone in the dark. I feel like a trapped animal, only able to eat, sleep, crap and pace around the perimeter of the ten by ten foot cage like some impotent lion at a cheap circus. That’s what I am, I guess, a caged, wild beast. I’m sure as hell not human, at least not all the time.

There’s very little light here. I can barely make out the edges and bars of the cage, the troughs where I get my water and the bland, boiled chicken and rice that I’m fed, and the pile of dirty blankets that I sleep on. More often than not though, I wake up lying on the cold steel floor in the middle of the cage. Each morning (and I use the term “morning” loosely, because I have no clue what time of day it is in this darkness), I discover freshly stitched up incisions on various places of my body. I pull the stitches out with my teeth and hands and know I will heal by the time I wake the next morning.

Whoever’s been keeping me here has been drugging me, cutting me open, and doing God only knows what to me before closing me up and there is not a damned thing I can do about it. I haven’t even figured out how they’re drugging me yet. It’s not the food or water, since I’ve starved myself and still had it happen to me. They’re not gassing me. It only happens when I go to sleep, which it seems like I do often. I can’t tell though, I’ve been here so long that I’ve lost all sense of time. Anyway, I have nothing else to do but eat, sleep, pace, do pushups and think. I think a lot, more than I want to. Thinking makes me depressed and angry, all I have to think about is everything I’ve lost.

While it doesn’t matter much here and now, my name is Ben Blackfoot. I’m 26 years old. Like my father, I’m an iktisanthrope; a wereweasel. Like a werewolf, only instead of turning into a humanoid wolf, I transform into a weasel-like creature. My mother is human, and she raised me alone after my father was taken by werewolves. I was only four at the time, but I remember how worried my mother was when she got that last phone call from him. He called to say goodbye and that he was leaving town to lead the lycans away from us. We never heard from him again…

*Cookies not valid in this or neighboring planes of existence.
Approved. Glad to have you back

Old 04-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #123
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

Took you long enough!

Old 04-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #124
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

Took you long enough!

Old 04-25-2010, 02:52 PM   #125
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

SuperFerret your Sig is priceless.

But when i read it i put words in that wasn't even there.

"Able to leap off of tall building and hit the ground." I read it as. "Able to leap off of tall tables and hit the ground." AH good stuff good times.

Your sig is still funny as hell