The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 03-18-2010, 07:11 AM   #26
GreenKToo
In the fire

Default Re: Corp Lex or President Lex?

I agree. It sucks but the VERY rich dont adhere to the same laws as we common folk do...
It's amazing what a 20 million dollar donation here, or a 100 million dollar donation there can do.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:55 AM   #27
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Haire View Post
Start as Corporate Lex. And if the series continues work him up to President.
Couldn't agree with you more.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #28
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

totally that is how our world is in today's society who ever has the power/money controls things. And even if they did something seedy they can get it wiped away.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #29
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Thats already suited for someone in politics. Problem? Solution?-Send the men in black to clear it up.

It would be awesome if Lex was in control of EVERYTHING as President. A clean cut image,but hiding secrets,as most Presidents do.

I want him to be President straight away,cause it has masses of potential for great things. He could do everything within the Government,that he could do with LexCorp and more. Also,cause I dont want him to be in every movie.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #30
CrazyDavey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
well that is why they could go with lex having that clean image in public but only certain folks like lois/clark-superman know he is reall evil. But with his power and influence they can never pin lex to a single crime. So the public thinks he is the clean guy and that is how he takes over.

That's pretty much how I was thinking of it... Kinda like the animated series did it.

CrazyDavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #31
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea i as i said i want to see the rise and fall of luthor type of deal for him.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #32
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

I love the interpretation from Lex Luthor Man of Steel. But mix it up.

Lex takes a pleasure in achievements. Believing he is a God amongst men,from his poor roots in Suicide Slums ,to the highest point in Metropolis. He believes that what he has accomplished,is impossible to the rest of the World,without some sort of help. He takes pride in himself. So he basically is a good man from the start,but has little regard to others. As long as Metropolis worships him,he is good to them. He has goals to run for presidency.

Of course. Superman shows up and steals Lex's thunder. This causes Lex to go on a downward spiral into jealously,hatred and self-destruction. He begins abusing his Government Contract creations,and sets them on Superman.

Of course,by the end Lex reverts back sanity,but still has the burning desire to rule the World and destroy Superman. What was once good in him and any good intentions and thoughts for the World,no longer exists.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #33
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

nice points there

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #34
GreenKToo
In the fire

I'd prefer this Lex be more like the SV Lex. Born with a silver spoon in his mouth and thinks everyone else is beneath him.
He would pretty much be the king of Metropolis untill Supes arrives, and then the public focuses their attention on Superman instead of Lex. This drives him insane with jealousy.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #35
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

I think the whole businessman Lex thing was done to be shocking, to have one of the most well known supervillains of all time own a huge corporation and have his name all over products and businesses, kindof like the world was turned upside down after the crisis rewrote reality. Same with him becoming president. Think about it, what if they did the same with the Joker right now? Doesn't the name Jokercorp have a twisted ring to it? It just comes off as shock value to me.

So basically, I don't want a president Lex. Why not just create a brand new villainous president character? Why create all these new supervillains and slap Lex's name onto them? If there were a new Man of Steel level reboot in the comics, if the writer wants Superman's arch nemesis to be a demented, sadistic murderer, should he be called Lex Luthor just because that's always been the name of his arch nemesis?

Anyway, since everyone would probably flip into a murderous rage if Lex weren't a businessman in the new movie, I'd like to see a cross between scientist Lex and businessman Lex, sortof like in Birthright.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:26 AM   #36
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea i definately want to see corp lex and it would be best if they either say he is a gifted genius and built his company from the ground up/came from scientist background. it would make a logical fit. plus then we can get into crazy stuff like lex creating weapons/metallo/powersuits

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-28-2010, 05:44 AM   #37
Adrian Tullberg

I had an idea, for a reboot scenario, that Lex is a gifted engineer, contracted by a consortium of companies in Metropolis. During the series of events, Lex manipulates events so that he gains control over this consortium, taking over two-thirds of Metropolis, and renaming it LexCorp. As Superman ascends to public consciousness, Lex ascends to power.

Thoughts?

Adrian Tullberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #38
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Lex should be like a "Teflon Don" when it comes to his crimes. Nothing should ever stick, he's too clever. He should also be very popular amongst the citizens of Metropolis. That way, if he decides to run he really doesn't have to hide anything and he'll have the citizens behind him.

DarkKnight FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #39
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

I personally think that they we should see a progession of Lex's power and control throughout the trilogy/series/whatever it's gonna be. Start with him being the head of LexCorp (perhaps even at the start of LexCorp and him getting things off the ground) and then seeing him progress up to ultimate power as president.

batlovescatDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:34 PM   #40
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight FTW View Post
Lex should be like a "Teflon Don" when it comes to his crimes. Nothing should ever stick, he's too clever. He should also be very popular amongst the citizens of Metropolis. That way, if he decides to run he really doesn't have to hide anything and he'll have the citizens behind him.
Exactamundo.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #41
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

dark that is what i would like to see the whole rise and fall of lex would be a great thing to see. adrian your idea was nice too.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 04-09-2010, 04:10 AM   #42
Adrian Tullberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
dark that is what i would like to see the whole rise and fall of lex would be a great thing to see. adrian your idea was nice too.
Thank you good sir ...

Adrian Tullberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:54 AM   #43
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

President Lex is just an awful idea.

TruerToTheCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:19 AM   #44
GreenKToo
In the fire

I wouldn't want to see him actually become Prez, but seeing him try to make a run for it would be pretty kool. Maybe over the course of two films, or three.

Seeing Things like him trying to convince the Gov, public, and media that he is really not such a bad guy would be neat. We would know he was scum of course, but the characters on screen would be fooled except, the folks at the DP.

And i'd like to see him using the media the whole time to slam Superman to try and turn the publc support from supes to himself.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #45
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

no problem adrian, and yea doing a whole rise and fall in power and influence would really help shape lex in my mind and his hatred for superman.

www.ItsJustMovies.com