The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 03-22-2010, 11:59 PM   #26
db85usa
HeHe!

Default Re: The Offiicial Ideas And Interpretations - The Man of Steel Opening Credits/Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Tomorrow View Post
I'm guessing if Nolan really has influence on the director, there will be no opening credits sequence.

It will just jump straight to the story,
Yep. I'm one of those people who think that the opening credit stuff is for the Donner universe and that's it.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:02 AM   #27
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Default Re: The Offiicial Ideas And Interpretations - The Man of Steel Opening Credits/Scene

yea sure we can start the film out without huge credit deal but as i said i hope we will at least see superman first save or his arrival to the city. So then that way we are into the action with superman within the first few mins/first act of the film. Then still have some flashbacks or what not throughout the film.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:14 AM   #28
db85usa
HeHe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
yea sure we can start the film out without huge credit deal but as i said i hope we will at least see superman first save or his arrival to the city. So then that way we are into the action with superman within the first few mins/first act of the film. Then still have some flashbacks or what not throughout the film.
I totally agree because it seemed the beginning of SR was very slow moving and too much of a build up which kind of undermined his return. I really don't want to see a 30-45 minute build up unless that allotted time is focused on Clark Kent/Kal-El and THEN introduce Superman. I'd rather want to see that in the first act than say Lois Lane or Lex Luthor.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:19 AM   #29
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

totally what ever they do i hope it works.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-23-2010, 12:25 AM   #30
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

Do the movie like "Human Target"

Kick it off with the action, and then jump backwards to the exposition.

Man of Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:37 AM   #31
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

totally their is so many different ways we can start off with the film and have the story play out. it can be a to b to c, or go b to a to c, etc...... what ever they do i hope they have a story that flows well and isnt a jumbo mess of things.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-23-2010, 12:46 AM   #32
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User

I wouldn't be too concerned with the story.

Nolan approved of the script. To me, that means fans shouldn't be concerned in the slightest.

The story is quality.

I'm more concerned about the casting/production aspects under the studio's control.

Man of Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:51 AM   #33
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea i am not worried either so far, i as i said just hope we do get to see some origin stuff told, and at least start off the film with start of supes career.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-23-2010, 07:56 AM   #34
GreenKToo
In the fire

I'm not too concerned. I do know what I would like to see but once the film starts and i'm ( hopefully) blown away, all that I wanted will soon be forgotten.

One thing I think we can all can agree on is that we will get a fantastic fight between Supes and (most likely) Brainiac.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 05-11-2010 at 10:00 AM.
GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:49 AM   #35
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
this is a hard question to give a good answer to. Due to the whole issue reguarding the origins and what they can do cant do and all that. For me if we cant have a full blown origin. Then yea i would go with the option like TIH and have some flashs of krypton/smallville life. With the chance of more flashbacks within the film. Then i would start off the film with clark's arrival to metropolis and getting hired. Or if they wanted to take that birthright idea and show his world travel/arrival to the planet and all that.
That way the producers would achieve two things:

1-The audience realizes this is a reboot. A brand new Superman film with no relation to the previous films (Donnerverse).

2-All the legal stuff should be cleared by the time the sequel gets done where there can be an expansion of Krypton/origin storylines, etc.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:37 PM   #36
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea it would be a good way to go with it, and like i said i would be happy to at least have that. So then if we dont get the expanded stuff told in the film it could be added in a later story which hopefully by the time a sequel would be out which would likely be 2015ish the legal stuff could be done.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 05-11-2010, 08:33 AM   #37
GL1
It's pronounced "glee"

Starting the movie with an established superman not only is confusing (is this Smallville, Retruns, Donnerverse, something new?), but robs a generation of seeing how a Superman develops. Thats out. Here's how I'd run it.
  • Country Road in winter time, old Pickup truck carrying Martha and Jonathan Kent. Couple is oddly quiet, she has a hospital wrist thing on.
  • Radio drones on about a bad blizzard "from here to Topeka" and some county residents will be able to see a meteor shower as well.
  • A big rocket flies past them just in front of the road, they stop abruptly
  • Martha sends him to check for survivors, he plods out into the snow
  • Johnathan finds the pod and tentatively touches it, feeling a lack of heat
  • A holographic image of Jor El comes on. "This is my son. Guard him, and he will guard you." The pod opens up revealing baby.
  • Johnathan returns with red swaddling cloth to truck, Martha is excited about the baby. Tell him to get the rocket. It may help them find out where he's from.
  • We next see Johnathan, in the increasing snow, load the rocket into his truck somehow and drive off.
  • Radio drones on about a bad winter, and be prepared to be sealed in for a while. As we see a star disappear in the sky and the snow cover their tracks, and those of the rocket.
  • EPIC Opening Credits
  • '30 years Later' Clark steps off the bus into Metropolis for the first time.

Origin for the newbies, get to the point for the tired among us, who have seen this story literally 10 different ways, and each of those versions 10 times.

Last edited by GL1; 05-11-2010 at 09:09 AM.
GL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #38
THE MR. TERRIFIC
HYPES KING OF COSPLAY

I think it should be a lot like TIH. Some Krypton footage, some Smallville stuff then right to Supes. Most people know Superman. Lets get to the action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud48V588NRw

THE MR. TERRIFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:35 AM   #39
GL1
It's pronounced "glee"

Most people also think Superman's motivations, powers and method of operation are unrealistic. Most people know Batman too, but establishing how he became a hero is important in telling the story if you're going to have any emotional content.

GL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #40
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

totally if we just have him already superman and its been awhile. its a big mistake there. and they would be blowing their chance again to have a clean reboot/restart for the character. The best thing for me as i said in earlier posts is for us to either start off with some early flashback stuff with more to be revealed throughout the film. Then we start with either clark been in the city as a savior in secret which they can say been a short time like a few weeks, and he relises he cant do this forever and wants to make a way to go public and still have a regular life. So he goes home and ma/pa help him with that. Or we start off with his first arrival and hiring at the planet and shortly after public reveal of superman. As i said in other posts i would be extremlely pissed off if we start off pretty much at the middle of the story and never get to see how or what characters are who they are, and if we skip out on things it lessens the chances to start up characters/plot lines for future stories.

www.ItsJustMovies.com