The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 03-21-2010, 10:14 AM   #26
Retroman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer not directing X-Men: First Class?

Fox has known for a while that he was committed to Jack The Giant Killer, so why not just wait until he's done with that before speeding into First Class? The very reason many fans were excited for this X-Men prequel was because of the return of Singer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rac View Post
Ah well, it sounded too good. I wonder if they keep Singer's story treatment as the basis anyway, or the screenwriter he picked.
Hopefully (if it's any good) they will keep Singer's story treatment and have him involved as a producer.

This could however be a blessing in disguise.In the La Times interview he seemed very keen on a X-Men 4 of some sorts so he could i guess start development on that and then move on to start production on that once he's finished with JTGK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I was afraid something like this would happen. I had hoped Fox moving forward with the Wolverine sequel would buy First Class some time. If true, I guess not.
That's what i thought too.

Last edited by Retroman; 03-21-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Retroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #27
FaT_tONle
Banned User

With Singer not returning, I think it's more likely that Fox will be looking for something more long term than just one prequel. Maybe a string of prequels like we were discussing in the other thread, to maybe buy themselves time before having to make X-4. I think they should still do a Magneto movie and First Class before doing X-4 if that's the route they go, as was the original plan. String it out a bit.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #28
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

well I guess somethings are to good to be true, *sigh* I so wanted Singer to continue on with what he started, but if Singer is going to be like Nolan is to the Superman reboot then I'm all for it!!!! He can produce, and have some input on the script and direction of the franchise...

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #29
batboy99
BTVS

Has this been confirmed or is this just a ''maybe'' situation?

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #30
Neptune
Uchiha!

Who cares about X-Men first class anyway? Singer should do X-4. That has a lot more potential then yet another prequel where Magneto is yet again the villain and we'll only get a handful of X-men. And not the most interesting X-men if you ask me

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #31
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Who cares about X-Men first class anyway? Singer should do X-4. That has a lot more potential then yet another prequel where Magneto is yet again the villain and we'll only get a handful of X-men. And not the most interesting X-men if you ask me
Singer said there was going to be a new villain and a bunch of new X-Men characters so this statement is incredibly flawed.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #32
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by batboy99 View Post
Has this been confirmed or is this just a ''maybe'' situation?
HitFix got the 'scoop'. It hasn't been confirmed or denied yet (although it is the weekend so nothing much happens).

It could easily be the case that Fox were talking with directors about Wolverine 2, and HitFix got it wrong. We may get some confirmation one way or another next week.

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #33
cronosred
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Making an X-men prequel is a terrible idea. And a stupid one.
I agree, I would much rather have a sequel or a reboot.

cronosred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #34
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

That news is a rumour... so far i dont believe it to be true. Not because im a fan of the franchise. Just the source of where this information came from.

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #35
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

And the problem with doing X-Men First Class is that they'll want to cater to the teenage/Disney craze by hiring pretty boys.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #36
Neptune
Uchiha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
Singer said there was going to be a new villain and a bunch of new X-Men characters so this statement is incredibly flawed.
In that case the prequel would make even less sense. I thought the whole idea was to show how the Professor X/magneto relationship began, and how the prof formed teh original X-men. I would really like to know why Fox insits on making a prequel.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #37
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
In that case the prequel would make even less sense. I thought the whole idea was to show how the Professor X/magneto relationship began, and how the prof formed teh original X-men. I would really like to know why Fox insits on making a prequel.
Yes, it will show the Xavier/Magneto friendship and how it went wrong. So, with Xavier/Magneto both on the same side, there would be need to be another antagonist, wouldn't there?

And why show only the basic original characters? There would be other characters who would go their separate ways by the time of X1. We've already seen a young Jean (in X3), a young Cyclops (in Wolverine) and also a young Emma Frost (in Wolverine), so there will probably be other students.

Why are you getting in such a tangle about it? It's painfully simple.

They're making a prequel because there is a backstory that could be told (because X1 began with an already-established team).

Old 03-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #38
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Really hope this isnt true, I'm not that keen on the idea of First Class and Singer was really the only reason I was on board with it, so if this news is true I dont think I will be on board, depends what we hear about it I suppose, but it is Fox afterall.

Either way, I do hope Singer does an X4.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #39
Manic X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Really hope this isnt true, I'm not that keen on the idea of First Class and Singer was really the only reason I was on board with it, so if this news is true I dont think I will be on board, depends what we hear about it I suppose, but it is Fox afterall.

Either way, I do hope Singer does an X4.

Bollocks.
The very fact that you hang out on an xmen forum proves that you will be first in line to see first class, just like the rest of us.

Don't give me the 'i'm not gonna be on board' speech.

Manic X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #40
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

It's X-Men 3 all over again. Why can't they just s*** out another Wolverine movie? That'll give singer a good amount of time.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #41
BMM
Side-Kick

Fox already is, and it is reportedly scheduled to begin shooting before First Class, which is why I'm somewhat confused by this news. Perhaps the studio is looking to release an X-Men related movie more than once every 3 years now.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:13 PM   #42
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
Hopefully this turns out horrible and Disney takes it over thereafter. Seems like Fox really wants to have FC and Wolverine 2 out at the same time because they are running out of time with FF and DD.
That really seems like the best case scenario to me. I just really dont want Fox to ever touch a Marvel property again.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:34 PM   #43
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic X View Post
Bollocks.
The very fact that you hang out on an xmen forum proves that you will be first in line to see first class, just like the rest of us.

I dont hang out on here, I have barely visited the X-Boards for a long time, not to mention I have barely paid to see a Fox movie since X3, if we get another X3, which I believe first class will be without Singer, I guarantee I wont be going to see it, I have more important things to spend my money on.

So, i'm afraid, you will have to accept the 'i'm not gonna be on board' speech, sorry.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #44
Manic X
Side-Kick

Mmm hmm. I believe you. :P

Manic X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:24 PM   #45
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Mmm hmm. I believe you. :P
Good, now drop it.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:45 PM   #46
chaseter
Bland User

I wasn't excited for First Class anyways. I am much more happy that he is probably going to do X4.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:49 AM   #47
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Showing the Magneto and Professor X relationship suggests Magneto would play an X2-type role, not a villain. I don't see how showing the relationship means he has to be the main villain. I actually assumed from the start that whoever they face in this film will be the cause of their split. Some type of villain that convinces Magneto his differences with Xavier are irreconcilable.

And showing new mutants is open game considering how little has been established about the original team. The films have never said what the original team is so I don't see how adding any of that stuff makes this prequel not make any sense.

I think First Class had potential to be interesting but without Singer directing my interest is gone. We better get an X4 with him to make up for it.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #48
Rac
Deadite

Quote:
Bollocks.

Hey, I skipped Wolverine, FF2, Blade: Trinity etc. I don't support what I don't like.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #49
TheFuture
Rising

Aw, Singer was the only reason I got happy about First Class, but I don't want him to walk away from Warner Bros. so I really am conflicted.

TheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #50
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I agree. If Singer comes back, he should do X4 or Wolverine sequel.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote