The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #26
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Default Re: 3DS Announced!

wow the list of games announced for it is staggering! some big guns on there!!!

shame its probably impossible to see what the 3d on it is like till i have one in my hands!

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 06-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #27
Scarlet spidey
Old school

Nintendo wins.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #28
jacobed
Banned User

Not only are there lots of great titles being announced but the pictures that they've shown all the games look incredible.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #29
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Wow. This thing is just sheer awesomeness. I must have one as soon as possible.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #30
Fading
>:(

Considering Nintendo's handheld systems aren't usually that powerful (saying power, not knocking the fun factor ), these screen shots impressed me.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/8...first-screens/

VGchartz posted some SFIV and Resident Evil 3DS pics, and they look great. Considering my last Nintendo handheld was a GBA, and I skipped over the DS generation, I'm eager to get my hands on a 3DS to be honest. It's not even for the 3D effect, that's secondary. I just hope it's backwards compatible because I do want to pick up some older DS I missed out on. On the other hand if the 3DS takes forever to come out, and DS prices drop like rocks in the meantime, and the 3DS is announced with no BC, I might just go ahead and pick up a DS if it's cheap enough to play those back titles.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:21 AM   #31
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadingCB View Post
Considering Nintendo's handheld systems aren't usually that powerful (saying power, not knocking the fun factor ), these screen shots impressed me.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/8...first-screens/

VGchartz posted some SFIV and Resident Evil 3DS pics, and they look great. Considering my last Nintendo handheld was a GBA, and I skipped over the DS generation, I'm eager to get my hands on a 3DS to be honest. It's not even for the 3D effect, that's secondary. I just hope it's backwards compatible because I do want to pick up some older DS I missed out on. On the other hand if the 3DS takes forever to come out, and DS prices drop like rocks in the meantime, and the 3DS is announced with no BC, I might just go ahead and pick up a DS if it's cheap enough to play those back titles.
The 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games and is currently scheduled to be released by March 2011.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #32
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

The new RE title being released with the 3DS is gonna prompt me to buy this new fangled handheld. AND since its backwards compatible I can sell of my DS lite to pay for the 3DS. Win-Win

Old 08-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #33
The Bruce
The First and Best

I wonder what 3DS games is gonna cost?

Old 09-29-2010, 12:57 AM   #34
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Info from the 3DS Press Conference:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/112/1124149p1.html

Quote:
Nintendo has taken the wraps off its Nintendo 3DS plans in Japan at the Nintendo Conference 2010. The Nintendo 3DS will be released on February 26, 2011 in Japan, and priced at 25,000 yen ($299). The system will be available in Aqua Blue and Cosmo Black.

During the 3DS sizzle reel shown at the event, Nintendo confirms that the 3DS will utilize Mii characters, and transmit these characters (along with other game data) using the local wireless "tag mode" that was utilized in games such as Nintendogs on the Nintendo DS.

The "tag mode" enables the system to talk with other 3DS systems while they are in sleep mode. Data will transfer between the devices no matter which game is plugged into the system. All games can (and possibly will) support this function on the 3DS.

Also revealed: Mii Studio on the 3DS. There are more than 180 million Mii characters out there worldwide, according to Iwata. Mii Studio can be used to make the Mii experience simpler: you can use the system's camera to take a picture of your face, which then can be used as a template to adjust the various Mii face parts to customize the Mii.

Mii characters can then be converted into a QR Code that you can print out or post on a website so you can share your Mii in a different way: friends use their 3DS cameras to take a picture of the code and instantly retrieve your Mii. There is also a Tag Mode Mii Plaza so you can see all the Mii characters you've collected wirelessly.

There also seems to be a cradle that you can set the system into. Details on this forthcoming.

The 3DS also appears to have multi-tasking function: you'll be able to hit the home button mid-game and launch certain programs, such as a "Memory Notebook" or pull up your playtime or see the amount of steps you've taken (possibly confirming the system features a pedometer built-in).

The 3DS will bundle a 2GB SD card in with every system to make photo transfers simple. The company will also sell Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games through a Virtual Console-like system on 3DS, as well as sell Classic Games in 3D, similar to the tech demo shown at E3.

The system will always be Wi-Fi aware, constantly downloading data from compatible hotspots. Iwata specifically mentioned McDonalds as a place to sync up 3DS data. Japan has many stations all over that already give DS game demos to players and these stations will be updated for 3DS support.

Nintendo has partnered with Fuji TV to distribute free 3D videos to users on an experimental basis.

In a developer interview shown at the conference, Namco Bandai's Sakagami notes that he would like to use Tag Mode for rankings and exchanging ghost data in Ridge Racer 3D.

Also in this developer interview video, Yoshinori Ono from Capcom says that they wanted to make a Street Fighter where you can battle anywhere. According to him, you'll be able to use Wi-Fi to receive fight requests wherever you are.

Last edited by StrainedEyes; 09-29-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:07 AM   #35
Benstamania
Shot first.

I still don't see it being 300 bucks in NA...I just don't. I may be wrong....but Nintendo would be WAY off the consumer mark at that price. Parents won't care about what it does, they will just see a 300 dollar DS and wait on a price drop.

If it launches in the US for 299 you can bet the PSP 2 will undercut it.

Revelation 22:20
Old 09-29-2010, 05:14 AM   #36
jacobed
Banned User

The 300 dollar price tag is about what I expected. Doesn't matter how much it is, it'll sell like crazy. It's a Nintendo handheld everyone knows how great they are and they'll buy one. Obviously the PSP 2 will be able to undercut since it's tech won't nearly be as expensive and complex as the 3DS not too mention the only thing the PSP had over the DS was its graphics were way better well the 3DS' graphics are amazing and I don't foresee the PSP 2's graphics topping them, maybe being the same but not topping them.

Last edited by jacobed; 09-29-2010 at 05:22 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:47 AM   #37
Tron Bonne
Diane, I'm Coming Back

I read this earlier this mourning, and man, that is a hefty price point for a handheld. The price probably isn't too far off from the NA one, either, since the DS launched with really similar price points (it was like $179 to $150 or something like that, if I remember).

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:51 AM   #38
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
The 300 dollar price tag is about what I expected. Doesn't matter how much it is, it'll sell like crazy. It's a Nintendo handheld everyone knows how great they are and they'll buy one. Obviously the PSP 2 will be able to undercut since it's tech won't nearly be as expensive and complex as the 3DS not too mention the only thing the PSP had over the DS was its graphics were way better well the 3DS' graphics are amazing and I don't foresee the PSP 2's graphics topping them, maybe being the same but not topping them.

You can't go by a straight conversion rate, as the US releases have always ended up cheaper than what Japan got.

But in the end 250 is about what I expect.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:55 AM   #39
Tron Bonne
Diane, I'm Coming Back

I guess I'll have to wait for a pricedrop if I get it. I know tech gets more expensive and such with time, but I just don't think I can justify buying a handheld for $250-299 to myself. Especially knowing that I probably won't play it that often.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:11 AM   #40
Donut
Side-Kick

This announcement was for Japan only ? That is stupid. What about the rest of the world ? ****ing Japan & Nintendo

Old 09-29-2010, 07:52 AM   #41
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Um...Nintendo is a Japanese company.

Also they announced that the US/Europe release will be some time around March.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:09 AM   #42
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac 8 View Post
Um...Nintendo is a Japanese company.
I know that but Japan is not the only Country on the Planet ya know

Old 09-29-2010, 08:21 AM   #43
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

I know but this was primarily a Japanese conferense. On the plus side though, most of the info: Specs, release dates, games, VC and such all apply here.

Price is a bit speculative though, but going by the usual price differences, it's easy to assume that 250 will be our price point.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:23 AM   #44
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
I know but this was primarily a Japanese conferense. On the plus side though, most of the info: Specs, release dates, games, VC and such all apply here.

Price is a bit speculative though, but going by the usual price differences, it's easy to assume that 250 will be our price point.
That is true. This is the first Nintendo Hand Held I want since the original Game Boy & Game Boy: Color. That line up is looking amazing & it is probably a good thing for Nintendo to not release the 3DS when there are so many heavy hitters coming out between now & Christmas

Old 09-29-2010, 08:25 AM   #45
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

I couldn't afford it this year, I can swing next year...so yea, I'm also glad it's not released this winter.

Now I can buy my Star Wars and Donkey Kong in peace.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #46
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
I couldn't afford it this year, I can swing next year...so yea, I'm also glad it's not released this winter.

Now I can buy my Star Wars and Donkey Kong in peace.
I want me some

Star Wars
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (I still have my old Gamecube Master Quest games)
Star Fox

Is there a full game launch line up list yet ?

Old 09-29-2010, 08:37 AM   #47
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Here's Nintendos list:

Quote:
Nintendogs + Cats
Genre: Communication, Player Count: 1 -- Kittens appear in this game for the first time. You'll interact with the kittens differently from the puppies, and you'll also get to see kittens and puppies interact with one-another. Your virtual pets will lick you if you bring your face close to the screen.

Pilotwings Resort
Genre: Flight Action, Player Count: 1 -- This is set in the same island resort as Wii Sports Resort. You take control of your Mii and enjoy sky sports in planes, rocket belts and hang gliders. The game includes Mission Flight, which challenges you with events, and a Free Flight mode, where you freely fly through the island.

Star Fox 64 3D
Genre: Shooting, Player Count: 1-4 -- a 3D version of Star Fox 64. The characters now speak in full voice. The game also has auto save, and makes things easier for unskilled shooters by allowing you to retry from midpoints as much as you want. You view the action on the top screen, with the bottom screen showing character messages.

Steel Diver
Genre: Action, Player Count: 1-2 -- Enjoy three different types of submarine games. There's a scroll action game where you move forward while controlling the touch panel. There's an action game where you use your periscope to shoot torpedos at enemy ships. There's also a turn-based strategy game.

Kid Icarus
Genre: Shooting, Player Count: 1 -- A 3D sooting game with 3 control types. You attack with the L button, move and evade with the analogue pad, and aim with the touch screen. You'll switch off between ground and air play.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Genre: Action Adventure, Player Count: 1 -- A 3DS version of Nintendo 64's Ocarina of time. The lower screen shows your sub screen at all times, making equipping items and such more convenient.

Animal Crossing
Genre: Communication, Player Count 1-4 -- The latest entry in the Animal Crossing series retains the premise of allowing you to experience life in a village. The game adds a new element where you become the village head and create your own village. The graphics promise to retain the look of the series while delivering a 3D feel.

Paper Mario
Genre: RPG, Player Count 1 -- The theme this time is stickers. You'll need to place stickers on the maps that float like paper crafts on the screen. The stickers are used to open up new paths. There's also a battle system where your failure or success depends on the stickers you've selected.

Mario Kart
Genre: Action Race Game, Player Count: TBA -- This latest entry in the Mario Kart series promises 3D visuals, and dynamic and impactful races. You'll be able to race friends and people throughout the world via wireless and internet play.
Give me a sec, I'll try to get the rest...remember all of these won't be launch titles, but these are what Nintendo has announced for the system so far.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:39 AM   #48
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Ok, here we go, all the officially announced games, sorted by publisher.

Quote:
AQ Interactive
Cubic Ninja (temp.)

Konami
Asphalt 3D
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Project Love Plus for Nintendo 3DS
Winning Eleven Series
Pro Baseball Spirits Series

ASCII Media Works
Fish On (temp.)

Capcom
Mega Man Legends 3 Project
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D
Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

Koei Tecmo
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Samurai Warriors Chronicle

Square Enix
Chocobo Racing 3D (temp.)
Leap Out! Puzzle Bobble 3D (temp.)

Sega
Super Monkey Ball (temp.)

Hudson
Deca Sports Extreme (temp.)

Namco Bandai
Ace Combat 3D (temp.)
Table Pen Sports (temp.)
Tales of the Abyss (temp.)
Pro Baseball Famitsa 2011 (temp.)
Ridge Racer R 3D

Marvelous
Animal Resort (temp.)

Ubisoft
Combat of Giants (temp.)
Ghost Recon Tactics (temp.)
Splinter Cell 3D (temp.)
Driver 3D (temp.)

Level 5
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle

Nintendo
nintendogs + cats
Pilotwings Resort (temp.)
Starfox 64 3D
Steel Diver
Kid Icarus: Uprising
The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time 3D (temp.)
Animal Crossing (temp.)
Paper Mario (temp.)
Mario Kart (temp.)
I'm not sure what will end up being launch titles, but there is alot of great stuff here.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:40 AM   #49
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Here's Nintendos list:

Give me a sec, I'll try to get the rest...remember all of these won't be launch titles, but these are what Nintendo has announced for the system so far.
Do we know what will be launch titles ?

Old 09-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #50
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

They haven't said yet. It all depends on which ones are done by that point.

My guess is OoT will be...and hopefully Star Fox and Professor Layton...and Paper Mario if Nintendo loves me.

Closed Thread