Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #76
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Default Re: 3DS Announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Wait, two RE games???
There's one that's like a Mercenaries style game based on RE4-5'S Mercenaries modes combined. The thought of carrying Mercenaries (which I love) along with me and playing it? Amazing.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:31 PM   #77
.Rorschach.
Hurm...

I want it already!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #78
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

Mercenaries on the go??? **** yeah!!!

Old 10-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #79
Benstamania
Shot first.

Agreed.

Revelation 22:20
Old 10-03-2010, 03:39 AM   #80
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/112/1124739p1.html?ref=nf

3DS versions are on the left:

Everyone except Ridge Racer looks fantastic.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:32 AM   #81
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Capcom's games are really selling this system to me, I'm probably going to pick up Street Fighter for it as well.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #82
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

New 3DS game announced:

Professor Layton/Phoenix Wright crossover!

http://www.1up.com/news/level-5-dime...rence-liveblog

Old 10-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #83
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

Capcom is mind ****ing me right now with this line-up. When the hell can I get my greedy little paws on these!!!!

Old 10-20-2010, 07:37 AM   #84
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo7877 View Post
http://ds.ign.com/articles/112/1124739p1.html?ref=nf

3DS versions are on the left:

Everyone except Ridge Racer looks fantastic.

GREAT SCOTT!!! OoT... MGS3DS... !!!

Old 10-25-2010, 04:15 AM   #85
FVD
Jolly Loves You

Damn I'm definitely picking up Ocarina of Time, Starfox, SFIV and The Naked Sample. This looks insane!!! Any question on the Pokemon games for the 3DS Virtual Console? If so I do hope they implement a way to trade between games. Still it does sound a little complicated though.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #86
Donut
Side-Kick

Will this thing have Online Play ?

Old 10-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #87
Benstamania
Shot first.

Yes'sir.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #88
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

gotta make a choice in March. I can either get a new Bass or get the 3DS. Both are gonna be around the same price. Decisions....decisions

Old 11-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #89
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/06/re...-2011-release/

Quote:
The quest to uncover the North American and European release dates for the Nintendo 3DS became a little bit easier earlier this week, when the megapublisher confirmed that the eye-popping handheld would visit itself upon our store shelves in March. However, the exact date of its arrival is still up in the air -- though scans of the latest issue of Official Nintendo Magazine obtained by VGTribune might just clear up the confusion. According to the mag, the U.S. and European 3DS release date is March 11, 2011.

There's no way of knowing if the magazine's report is on the money until Nintendo makes an official announcement -- after all, it's possible the article's mistaken, due entirely to the fact that March '11 looks a whole heck of a lot like March 11 on paper. Also, though Nintendo is accustomed to launching new gaming hardware in European territories on Fridays, those kinds of releases usually come stateside on Sundays. We've contacted Nintendo for a comment on this supposed due date but, as is the case with these things, we're not likely to get anything official until the Big N puts it into a press release.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #90
Benstamania
Shot first.

Give me a price now, Nintendo.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #91
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

Didn't they already set a price of $299.99? I know that was for Japan, but I doubt it'll be that much difference in the States and Europse

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #92
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Didn't they already set a price of $299.99? I know that was for Japan, but I doubt it'll be that much difference in the States and Europse
It most likely will be different, the Wii was priced differently when it launched. Also, it will tank here if it releases for 300 bucks.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #93
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

How big of a difference was the Wii from Japan to here? I figure it won't be exactly the same, but more than, say, 50 bucks less?

Quote:
Old 11-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #94
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
How big of a difference was the Wii from Japan to here? I figure it won't be exactly the same, but more than, say, 50 bucks less?
I think the Wii was around 50 bucks less here. The 3DS will probably retail at 250, even that is still a tough sale to the uber casual market who gobbled up the DS.

Nintendo has made money from every single Wii ever sold, I would think they'd have some money to spare, I think they will be smart and take the hit to make it as cheap as possible in the states.

Or they won't, and we'll see if Nintendo and 3D have what it takes to succeed where the PSP struggled.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:06 AM   #95
FVD
Jolly Loves You

Once I get an official price here in Oz, I'm preordering it straight away. As for the games well I'll grab a couple on launch day!

Old 11-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #96
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations

I wonder if 3DS will be as hard to find as the Wii was after launch. I didn't see a Wii for months at a store... I think not until the summer after it launched.

- Garrus

Old 12-04-2010, 07:21 AM   #97
finalrelief
Cyberdine Systems

They need to re-release all the mgs games on a current gen system, even if they're just upgraded and not a full on remake, for mgs1 they could model it after twin snakes... Anyone know if the 3DS is planning on releasing other games people will actually want to play? MGS is a great launch game that isn't typical for nintendo to have on their system right away

Old 12-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #98
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

I'm probably going to trade in my old DS lite for credit on the 3DS. Whats the sense in having two right?

Old 12-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #99
Fading
>:(

Considering I'm still fairly new to the DS, and I have older titles to still check out, I'll probably wait a bit to get a 3DS. Not like I did with the DS, now that I've had one for a bit I see waiting until the next device was announced was a mistake. However, considering Nintendo pumps out a new version every year with the DS, I may wait until Christmas next year to see if they put out a sexier lite version with more capabilities, or a bigger screen. In the meantime there's plenty still to do on the normal DS. $250 and a March release date does sound great tho.

One thing I hope tho is that they don't over push the 3D gimmick to the point of hurting the gameplay. Like how I bought Zelda Phantom hourglass and quickly learned that not only is the game itself displayed on the touch screen, but the controls are tied to it as well. Having that beefy, fit for man sized hands stylus that came with the DSI XL helped, but I found the controls to be akward. My hand constantly got in way of the viewing screen when trying to move and fight making me sometimes cover up the enemies I was trying to fight. It's still a Zelda, and still a good title, but it could have been far better taking a queue from New Super Mario in the way it implemented the touch screen in a less invasive, more natural feeling way.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #100
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations

With the games we've seen, the 3D effect seems to be there simply as an impressive add on to improve the experience. Doesn't seem like a gimmick to me, not so far anyway. I really like the way the touch screen is used in Mario Kart DS and Pokemon. As the map screen in the former, and menus and such in Pokemon. Using the menus in that fashion makes for a much more natural feel. That's the way it seems to be used in OoT... gameplay is traditional, and touch screen is used for the maps and menus, making it more easily and natural to switch items and such.

- Garrus

Closed Thread