The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!
 
Andy C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Basement
Posts: 3,560
Default RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master:

Andy C.

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?:

AIM: StopAudacity716, MSN: theaudacity716@live.com

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen:

Just me, baby!

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?:

Not really an RPG, per se, more like a competitive, time-limited version of the Create-A-Post thread, and with prizes at the end.


Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).

This started as a conversation that MB and I had, and sort of snowballed into a bigger, possibly grander idea. Essentially, it's this: I pick out a theme, not really a specific world or story, just a theme (my first one I'm planning on doing is "The Magic Kingdom of Walt Disney...Presented By Frank Miller"). When the theme is posted, anyone who wants to participate has one month to work on and submit entries. Players can post as many times as they like, from as many different perspectives as they like. They do not have to be in the same continuity as other players' posts (although you can if you want), as long as it still fits the initial theme.

After one month, I will decide a winner, and the winner will get a cake. Seriously. I will go to the store, buy a very real cake with my very real money, and have it delivered to you. I kid you not. The cake is not a lie.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences):

A place where everyone can exercise their own writing skills in an interesting and (hopefully) friendly competitive environment, as well as bragging rights for whoever wins at the end. And did I mention the cake? Because you totally get a freaking cake.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose:

King of the Basement

Andy C. is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

The cake is a lie

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 01:40 AM   #3
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!
 
Andy C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Basement
Posts: 3,560
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Your face is a lie!

Andy C. is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 03:24 AM   #4
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,759
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

So, we're kinda bringing back the league thing or whatever we called it when we competitively wrote stories in those teams, except this time, it's deathmatch style?

__________________
Lee, Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, and The Vanimal
Phillies 2012
Saved is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!
 
Keyser Soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 19,925
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Sounds like a cool idea. I prefer the solo approach to the team set-up, as this way there's no pressure - you enter the contests that interest you, without worrying about letting others down by not competing in the ones that don't.

__________________
Check out my comic, THE STANDARD!

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Cake or death?

Death, please. No, cake! Cake!

You said death first!

Well, I meant cake!"

Oh, all right.

So with that said...or stolen from Eddie Izzard, I'll say that I'm interested. Seems like it can have the fun of the RPG league without all the demands of team and it can be fun without being uber-competative...if that makes sense at all.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #7
Optikal
Professor Chaos
 
Optikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Leeds, England
Posts: 1,438
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

I like this.

__________________
Jones: Tell me the truth… what are you going to feel when you put a bullet in one of those men, Nick?

Fury: Recoil.

-Secret Warriors #4
Optikal is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:26 PM   #8
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Rain Dog is also interested.

Rain Dog is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:26 PM   #9
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,033
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Magic Kingdom from Frank Miller....?

Considering I work at the Magic Kingdom...I'm in.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:27 PM   #10
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Magic Kingdom from Frank Miller....?

Considering I work at the Magic Kingdom...I'm in.
Do you actually work at Disney World?

Rain Dog is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #11
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,033
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dog View Post
Do you actually work at Disney World?
Yup, when I'm not at school.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #12
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Oh wow. A fellow Orlando...ite?

Rain Dog is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:32 PM   #13
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,033
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dog View Post
Oh wow. A fellow Orlando...ite?
Not technically. I did the college program and went seasonal after that. I'm actually from Philly.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:49 PM   #14
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Well, technically speaking I'm a New Yorker but I've lived here long enough to consider myself "one of them"

Rain Dog is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #15
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dog View Post
Well, technically speaking I'm a New Yorker but I've lived here long enough to consider myself "one of them"
Don't let the Ferret hear you talk like that.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 06:30 AM   #16
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

I'm in.

Harlekin is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 06:54 AM   #17
SuperFerret
Class Act
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,617
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dog View Post
Well, technically speaking I'm a New Yorker but I've lived here long enough to consider myself "one of them"
TRAITOROUS SWINE!

__________________
Faster than a speeding hamster.
-----More powerful than a box of tissues.
----------Able to leap off of tall buildings and hit the ground.
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 08:26 AM   #18
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,759
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Not technically. I did the college program and went seasonal after that. I'm actually from Philly.
I knew I liked you. Illedelphia, man. With the flyin' phils.

__________________
Lee, Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, and The Vanimal
Phillies 2012
Saved is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #19
Catman_prb
Sad Clown
 
Catman_prb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Losing The Game
Posts: 4,744
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Sounds good

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
**** went down.

It may or may not have also 'got real'.
Catman_prb is offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #20
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!
 
Andy C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Basement
Posts: 3,560
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

So.....did this ever get a definite yay or nay?

Andy C. is offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #21
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,239
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

I was hoping for at least one more to get it going.

But to be honest, it doesn't nessecarily need to be a requirement. This is one of those sort of games that I can see being flexible enough to warrant always keeping up, rather than deleting if it starts to lose activity.

Batman is offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #22
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
This is one of those sort of games that I can see being flexible enough to warrant always keeping up, rather than deleting if it starts to lose activity.
Sort of like DC: 1870

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #23
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,239
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Actually, nothing like that.

Because I can't use this to spite Byrd.

Batman is offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 08:59 PM   #24
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Then you planned poorly.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 03:48 AM   #25
Catman_prb
Sad Clown
 
Catman_prb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Losing The Game
Posts: 4,744
Default Re: RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Approval!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
**** went down.

It may or may not have also 'got real'.
Catman_prb is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.