The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The First Avenger

View Poll Results: Should the cosmic cube appear in the movie?
Yes 34 77.27%
No 9 20.45%
I don't know/I have no answer/ 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #51
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Default Re: Cosmic Cube?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinshaw2 View Post
OK, So the Human Torch is playing Cap. In that movie they mention the cube belonging to Odin, which links to the Infinity Gauntlet seen at comic-con. Then, as if by Magic from the gods themselves Fantastic Four is getting a reboot, probably with a release before The Avengers. Are we gonna assrape Surfer and Galactus again. I'm Getting a little nervous.

Yea, Thor Looks great, Na, Chris Evans Does not (I feel so bad for his discomfort in the muscle suit, Great job to Kenneth Branagh for bulking up for the role). Did they get Chris because of the emaciated Steve Rogers? Or are they going on the hopes that not that many people saw the FF messes as they were. I'm trying to be optomistic but when people agree with the loss of Ed Norton because the Ang Lee Hulk was such a great movie as compared to Ed Nortons ( got me on that one ). Maybe Absorbing Dad will make another appearance.
And they think Ant Man is a bad idea. Why would the Avengers have Dr. Henry "Hank" Pym involved, that would be as silly as having the Wasp. Keep trying guys. I hope the don't make a Fantastic mess of it all.

Cast
Chris Hemsworth ... Thor
Mark Ruffalo ... Bruce Banner
Chris Evans ... Steve Rogers / Captain America
Jeremy Renner ... Clint Barton / Hawkeye
Robert Downey Jr. ... Tony Stark / Iron Man
Scarlett Johansson ... Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
Samuel L. Jackson ... Nick Fury
Tom Hiddleston ... Loki (rumored)
Clark Gregg ... Agent Phil Coulson
Neal McDonough ... Dum Dum Dugan (rumored)

Who's missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
its days like today that i love the internet
It's funny, Roach - I feel exactly the opposite at the moment to be honest. I mean, it's posts like krinshaw2's that have made me pretty apathetic towards posting on the hype of late - it just seems like it's the same old monotonous b.s. over and over.

Makes me wonder why I bother logging on some days.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:48 AM   #52
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
It's funny, Roach - I feel exactly the opposite at the moment to be honest. I mean, it's posts like krinshaw2's that have made me pretty apathetic towards posting on the hype of late - it just seems like it's the same old monotonous b.s. over and over.

Makes me wonder why I bother logging on some days.
to be honest I do feel like that and should probably have a higher post count...the hype used to be a refuge from internet nutty-ness but much like that favorite fishing spot that everyone found...it seems like it wouldnt be clear forever

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #53
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Never a truer word said, sadly.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #54
roach
I am the night

the day is coming when someone is going to say something so stupid that I will be Hype-less for a week

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #55
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

So.... Skull is very knowledgable on Viking Mythology....tends to make sense IMO given that Hittler was in search of occult items and being that the VIkings were a kind of heavily Nordic Blue eyed Blond Haired group, I could see Hitler having his top people studying how they came to power in Europe.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #56
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
the day is coming when someone is going to say something so stupid that I will be Hype-less for a week
I remember getting my one and only ban a couple of years ago which lasted for a week - it's funny but at the time I was honestly tearing my hair out at the prospect of not being able to take part in discussions for [what seemed like] an eternity. I've a funny feeling that I wouldnt exactly feel the same way if that happened now.

It's not all bad though - I mean, there are posters [like yourself] who a person can hold discussions with and who make the hype genuinely interesting but sometimes, it just seems like the place is just full of trolls more intent on argueing over stupid, petty and inconsequential matters as opposed to discussing the subject matter at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weadazoid View Post
So.... Skull is very knowledgable on Viking Mythology....tends to make sense IMO given that Hittler was in search of occult items and being that the VIkings were a kind of heavily Nordic Blue eyed Blond Haired group, I could see Hitler having his top people studying how they came to power in Europe.
*geeks out* Y'know - it's stuff like this ^^^ that make it worthwhile.

Have to admit, I'm not up on the subject -the only reference of Hitler being into the occult that I hold are from movies (Raiders of the Lost Ark and Hellboy).

Was he actually into all that stuff? If so, yes - it would most certainly make sense that he'd hold knowledge of the Norse Gods and Viking mythology.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:28 PM   #57
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Hitler himself wasn't, but high ranking NSDAP members were. when Hitler got the spear of destiny in march 1938 he made sure that thing went to Nürnberg very fast, but he put it in a museum and never visited it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_La...fburg_spear.29

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #58
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

Modern History barely touches upon the truth behind just what a powerful force the "Thule" society had on the Nazi's rise to power

http://www.gnosticliberationfront.co...lt.htm#secrets of hitlers library

Trust me, most modern history books won't touch this stuff, not because it isn't true, just because it's hard to quantify it.....

Old 08-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #59
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

I find it exciting and amazing the way real History and Comics come together some times so perfectly. The way Hitler is interested in Ancient artifacts and the way the story seems to incorporate this in a way of connecting the Captain America story with the Thor Movie is brilliant, and yet not that far from the truth.

Surfer

Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #60
Isildurīs Heir
What are you looking at?

So, the cosmic cube will be in the movie.
The Indiana Jones movies will be an influence for Captain America

So, a movie that should be a Saving Private Ryan will be a Saturday Morning Cartoon in liveaction format (and i love Indy, mind that)......
The movie hasnīt even come out yet and it has crap written all over it......just like Thor.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #61
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isildurīs Heir View Post
So, the cosmic cube will be in the movie.
The Indiana Jones movies will be an influence for Captain America

So, a movie that should be a Saving Private Ryan will be a Saturday Morning Cartoon in liveaction format (and i love Indy, mind that)......
The movie hasnīt even come out yet and it has crap written all over it......just like Thor.
bold statement. The Indy flick feel is really not inapropriate when adapting a character like Cap. WWII was bad times and he was a bit of a 'feel good' character, y'know? Sure, I'd love to see some SPR influence too, and it's not completely outta the realm of possibility. Thor...I LOVE everything I'm seeing. But am unsure how well it can come together. File me under: Wait and see.
(now catwoman was a movie that, knowing what we knew before it's release, did have a vague fecal stench).

-Hercules, Captain America #444
captainrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #62
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

people on these boards sadden me greatly, i personally think this is a great route to take Captain America, and i look forward to it, quite vigorously in fact.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:00 AM   #63
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

I was happy that The Cosmic Cube was in the movie.