The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 04-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #26
CrashNburn
Another Me they'll Nvr Be

Default Re: Your Best/Worst Dreams Thread

I had a dream last week that I got into another car accident. I was driving in the slow lane and I remember swirving and crashing into a concrete barrier on the right hand side. The weird part is that I kept driving for some reason.

Unfortunately I dont remember most of my dreams and i mostly only remember bits and pieces of them.

I think my worst dreams are the ones where I'm about to die and I wake up in a huge panic. I dreamt one night that I ran into this barn where this crazy guy was gunning down everyone. He came into the barn and it seemed like there was no way to get around it. I thought for sure I was dead but I woke up right before anything bad happened.

9-19-2010 R.I.P. Violet Cheshire. I'll always love you!
CrashNburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:21 AM   #27
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

I had a dream once where I was married to this pale brunette chick that I had seen at Starbucks that day and we had a daughter. During the dream we were going to some New Years Eve party and I got electrocuted while making some coffee to keep myself up. I wake up and I'm in the 1950s. Long story short , I altered history by sharing my knowledge of the future and then it flash forwards to the 1980s where I'm killed by a pissed off young and poor George W Bush during some victory parade celebrating the 30th year of Pax Americana. Then my dream self wakes up on the floor and looking up at my worried wife and daughter.

Scourge2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #28
sabetoonth
Who?

wow, u not a bush fan?

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:29 AM   #29
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
wow, u not a bush fan?
No I'm not , but that has nothing to do with the dream. I just told the people of 1950s about what George W Bush will do and that ruined his family's reputation forever. His family got run into near poverty. Then he tracks me down and kills me when I'm about 60.

Scourge2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:52 AM   #30
sabetoonth
Who?

ouch, well, good thing no one back then knows im family to him

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 04-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #31
Logan's Lady

I had my first Spanish dream last night

I dreamed I was at this big banquet hall for some type of party.
A 10-11 year old gal is looking around and I go up to her to ask what's wrong.
She doesn't speak English.
She says in Spanish that she's looking for her sister who heard a sound and went running off after it.
So, I asked her "Como te llamas" (trying to say "what's her name"). She looked at me a little strange and I corrected myself and said "Como te llama". She looked at me and said a gal's name.
Then I asked "Cuantos anos tienes" and I immediately corrected myself and said "Cuantos anos tiene" asking how old her sister was.
The gal started counting on her fingers and I said "En espanol". She looked up with a smile and said "nine". I said, "nine"? She said "Si, seis". My brain realized she ment seis (6).
So I go off to look for this little 6 year old girl and then a Policeman on horseback brushes by me and says "Excuse me" (Remember, we're inside a banquet hall.)
I woke up and was like.... strange, a cop on horseback indoors.

And then I was like "Ooohhh I was supposed to say "Como se llama" not "Como te llama". *facepalm*

Logan's Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #32
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Had a dream last night

It was a long dream about something at school but at the end of that dream something happen.
It was this girl that I used to see or know in High School, we were in line to turn in some paper for some reason, so we looked at each other in that, "what the hell are we doing look." Then she grab my arm and put it around her shoulder and then she kissed me.
then I woke up, I have no idea what this means since she has moved out of Texas and havent seen her in almost 2 years

Old 04-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #33
empire
Side-Kick

Worst dream: I had a dream once that my father was dying. That he was trapped under rubble and I was trying to pull him to safety. It was weird because in that dream, I was a kid crying my eyes out. Yelling at the top of my lungs for help!

Best dream: Last night I had a dream about this girl (aka "the one that got away") I use to like. It was one of those situations were he hadn't seen each other in years. We had bumped into each other, reconnected, and made out the whole time. Awesome dream!!!

empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:56 PM   #34
sabetoonth
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Had a dream last night

It was a long dream about something at school but at the end of that dream something happen.
It was this girl that I used to see or know in High School, we were in line to turn in some paper for some reason, so we looked at each other in that, "what the hell are we doing look." Then she grab my arm and put it around her shoulder and then she kissed me.
then I woke up, I have no idea what this means since she has moved out of Texas and havent seen her in almost 2 years
she may be about to reenter your life
Quote:
Originally Posted by empire View Post
Worst dream: I had a dream once that my father was dying. That he was trapped under rubble and I was trying to pull him to safety. It was weird because in that dream, I was a kid crying my eyes out. Yelling at the top of my lungs for help!

Best dream: Last night I had a dream about this girl (aka "the one that got away") I use to like. It was one of those situations were he hadn't seen each other in years. We had bumped into each other, reconnected, and made out the whole time. Awesome dream!!!
sounds like goos dream

Avvy by Kane52630
Old 04-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #35
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

A couple nights ago I had this nightmare that Christopher Nolan had died and the future of Batman 3 was up in the air. When I woke up I believed it was true for a few minutes and had to convince myself it was false.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:51 AM   #36
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy

Reminds me of a dream I had back when TDK was in production, they barely started filming and one night I had a dream that I had one a special screening of the movie but I kept thinking to myself "man, this is probably going to look crappy cause they just started filming".

Woke up and was sad. I hate when that happens. It's a staple of most my dreams (like the childhood one where I had a million video games and I woke up and didn't...CRUSHED).

2012 Knockout Kings Fantasy Football Champion
ImWithTeamConan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #37
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

I had a dream earlier that I was babysitting these babies. Why was I babysitting? I have no idea. It was normal for a while. I played with the little tikes, and I chased them around and had fun. One went in the bedroom though, and I went after her. When I got in the room, she was just sitting down chilling like she was an adult or something. She then started to talk like a regular adult, and the other two babies came in the room and started to have a conversation with me. We talked about the nature of religion trying to explain the universe. It was pretty damn trippy, but cool at the same time. Those were some really intelligent babies!

Old 04-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #38
CBGB
Urban Achiever

Hmm, I found this interesting. I found it on Facebook and thought this would be a good place to post it. A lot I already knew, but it's still fun to share.

15 Weird Facts about Dreams
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. You Forget 90% of Your Dreams

Within 5 minutes of waking, half of your dream is forgotten. Within 10, 90% is gone.

2. Blind People also Dream

People who became blind after birth can see images in their dreams. People who are born blind do not see any images, but have dreams equally vivid involving their other senses of sound, smell, touch and emotion

3. Everybody Dreams

Every human being dreams (except in cases of extreme psychological disorder). If you think, you are not dreaming, you just forget your dreams.

4. In Our Dreams We Only See Faces, That We already Know

Our mind is not inventing faces – in our dreams we see real faces of real people that we have seen during our life but may not know or remember. We have all seen hundreds of thousands of faces throughout our lives, so we have an endless supply of characters for our brain to utilize during our dreams.

5. Not Everybody Dreams in Color

A full 12% of sighted people dream exclusively in black and white. The remaining number dream in full color. Studies from 1915 through to the 1950s maintained that the majority of dreams were in black and white, but these results began to change in the 1960s. Today, only 4.4% of the dreams of under-25 year-olds are in black and white. Recent research has suggested that those changing results may be linked to the switch from black-and-white film and TV to color media.

6. Dreams are Symbolic

If you dream about some particular subject it is not often that the dream is about that. Dreams speak in a deeply symbolic language. Whatever symbol your dream picks on it is most unlikely to be a symbol for itself.

7. Emotions

The most common emotion experienced in dreams is anxiety. Negative emotions are more common than positive ones.
8. You can have four to seven dreams in one night.

On average, you can dream anywhere from one or two hours every night.

9. Animals Dream Too

Studies have been done on many different animals, and they all show the same brain waves during dreaming sleep as humans. Watch a dog sleeping sometime. The paws move like they are running and they make yipping sounds as if they are chasing something in a dream.

10. Body Paralysis

Rapid eye movement (REM) sleep is a normal stage of sleep characterized by rapid movements of the eyes. REM sleep in adult humans typically occupies 20-25% of total sleep, about 90-120 minutes of a night’s sleep.
During REM sleep the body is paralyzed by a mechanism in the brain in order to prevent the movements which occur in the dream from causing the physical body to move. However, it is possible for this mechanism to be triggered before, during, or after normal sleep while the brain awakens.

11. Dream Incorporation

Our mind interprets the external stimuli that our senses are bombarded with when we are asleep and make them a part of our dreams. This means that sometimes, in our dreams, we hear a sound from reality and incorporate it in a way. For example you may be dreaming that you are in a concert, while your brother is playing a guitar during your sleep.

12. Men and Women Dream Differently

Men tend to dream more about other men. Around 70% of the characters in a man’s dream are other men. On the other hand, a woman’s dream contains almost an equal number of men and women. Aside from that, men generally have more aggressive emotions in their dreams than the female lot.

13. Precognitive Dreams

Results of several surveys across large population sets indicate that between 18% and 38% of people have experienced at least one precognitive dream and 70% have experienced déjà vu. The percentage of persons that believe precognitive dreaming is possible is even higher, ranging from 63% to 98%.
*Precognition, also called future sight, refers to perception that involves the acquisition of future information that cannot be deduced from presently available and normally acquired sense-based information.

14. If you are snoring, then you cannot be dreaming.

This fact is repeated all over the Internet, but I’m a bit suspicious whether it’s really true as I haven’t found any scientific evidence to support it

15.You can experience an orgasm in your dream

You can not only have sex as pleasurable as in your real life while dreaming, but also experience an orgasm as strong as a real one, without any wet results. The sensations felt while lucid dreaming (touch, pleasure and etc..) can be as pleasurable and strong (or I believe even stronger) as the sensations experienced in the real world.

"The reason Hollywood is making such ****ty movies is because when they make great ones, you don't ****ing show up."
~ Guillermo del Toro on 'Scott Pilgrim vs. The World'
CBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #39
Aesop Rocks
Price of Freedom

Wow I never knew blind people dreamed.

Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #40
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
Hmm, I found this interesting. I found it on Facebook and thought this would be a good place to post it. A lot I already knew, but it's still fun to share.

15 Weird Facts about Dreams
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. You Forget 90% of Your Dreams

Within 5 minutes of waking, half of your dream is forgotten. Within 10, 90% is gone.

2. Blind People also Dream

People who became blind after birth can see images in their dreams. People who are born blind do not see any images, but have dreams equally vivid involving their other senses of sound, smell, touch and emotion

3. Everybody Dreams

Every human being dreams (except in cases of extreme psychological disorder). If you think, you are not dreaming, you just forget your dreams.

4. In Our Dreams We Only See Faces, That We already Know

Our mind is not inventing faces – in our dreams we see real faces of real people that we have seen during our life but may not know or remember. We have all seen hundreds of thousands of faces throughout our lives, so we have an endless supply of characters for our brain to utilize during our dreams.

5. Not Everybody Dreams in Color

A full 12% of sighted people dream exclusively in black and white. The remaining number dream in full color. Studies from 1915 through to the 1950s maintained that the majority of dreams were in black and white, but these results began to change in the 1960s. Today, only 4.4% of the dreams of under-25 year-olds are in black and white. Recent research has suggested that those changing results may be linked to the switch from black-and-white film and TV to color media.

6. Dreams are Symbolic

If you dream about some particular subject it is not often that the dream is about that. Dreams speak in a deeply symbolic language. Whatever symbol your dream picks on it is most unlikely to be a symbol for itself.

7. Emotions

The most common emotion experienced in dreams is anxiety. Negative emotions are more common than positive ones.
8. You can have four to seven dreams in one night.

On average, you can dream anywhere from one or two hours every night.

9. Animals Dream Too

Studies have been done on many different animals, and they all show the same brain waves during dreaming sleep as humans. Watch a dog sleeping sometime. The paws move like they are running and they make yipping sounds as if they are chasing something in a dream.

10. Body Paralysis

Rapid eye movement (REM) sleep is a normal stage of sleep characterized by rapid movements of the eyes. REM sleep in adult humans typically occupies 20-25% of total sleep, about 90-120 minutes of a night’s sleep.
During REM sleep the body is paralyzed by a mechanism in the brain in order to prevent the movements which occur in the dream from causing the physical body to move. However, it is possible for this mechanism to be triggered before, during, or after normal sleep while the brain awakens.

11. Dream Incorporation

Our mind interprets the external stimuli that our senses are bombarded with when we are asleep and make them a part of our dreams. This means that sometimes, in our dreams, we hear a sound from reality and incorporate it in a way. For example you may be dreaming that you are in a concert, while your brother is playing a guitar during your sleep.

12. Men and Women Dream Differently

Men tend to dream more about other men. Around 70% of the characters in a man’s dream are other men. On the other hand, a woman’s dream contains almost an equal number of men and women. Aside from that, men generally have more aggressive emotions in their dreams than the female lot.

13. Precognitive Dreams

Results of several surveys across large population sets indicate that between 18% and 38% of people have experienced at least one precognitive dream and 70% have experienced déjà vu. The percentage of persons that believe precognitive dreaming is possible is even higher, ranging from 63% to 98%.
*Precognition, also called future sight, refers to perception that involves the acquisition of future information that cannot be deduced from presently available and normally acquired sense-based information.

14. If you are snoring, then you cannot be dreaming.

This fact is repeated all over the Internet, but I’m a bit suspicious whether it’s really true as I haven’t found any scientific evidence to support it

15.You can experience an orgasm in your dream

You can not only have sex as pleasurable as in your real life while dreaming, but also experience an orgasm as strong as a real one, without any wet results. The sensations felt while lucid dreaming (touch, pleasure and etc..) can be as pleasurable and strong (or I believe even stronger) as the sensations experienced in the real world.
I joined that page today

VenomVsSpidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #41
YoungE808
Side-Kick

Best and Worst Dream:

Zombies taking over and infecting my family while I had to either escape or fight back. I usually wake up right as I'm about to get bitten. I later realized that the dream was awesome and haven't had it since .

Old 04-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #42
YoungE808
Side-Kick

Best and Worst Dream:

Zombies taking over and infecting my family while I had to either escape or fight back. I usually wake up right as I'm about to get bitten. I stopped having the dream once I realized how awesome it was.

Last edited by YoungE808; 04-08-2010 at 09:25 PM.
YoungE808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:22 PM   #43
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy

"Dream incorporation" happens to me all the time.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:22 PM   #44
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy

"Dream incorporation" happens to me all the time.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #45
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

I wonder how it is known that people can't invent new faces for dreams.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #46
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

The other night I dreamt that hell literally froze over and all the demons and creatures moved to Earth. And in an unrelated dream (I think), I won $7.8 million in a casino. I'm pretty sure both dreams were separate and had nothing to do with each other.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #47
sabetoonth
Who?

one time i had a dream i showed up at my (now ex) Gf's house covered in blood, i dont know what i did, neitehr dose she.
well, i tell her to tie me down, she does, and well, i turn into a werewolf before waking up

Avvy by Kane52630
Old 04-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #48
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
The worst ones are when you really need to run away from something, but you run uber slow. arrggghhhh
Agreed.

Usually when I get those, Jason Voorhees or more often, Michael Myers is chasing me. I'm always in some derelict house with some people, he crashed through the wall, I run out of the house down my street, turn around a few times, see him walking real slow, then I'm back in house. And I completely forgot about the ordeal that just happened and then it happens again. I've seen too many slasher sequels.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #49
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy

I've had Freddy chasing me several times. He's really the only one that's ever freaked me out.

But I do have a lot of dreams where I'm running and I seem to have major jumping skills. Never had a slow dream.

Old 04-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #50
sabetoonth
Who?

i had a weird dream, it was one wer sleep paralasis wasnt working, i was standing there and this like 4 or 5 foot version of micheal who jsut ran into me over and over, i got annoyed so i tried scaring him off with a yell, and i yelled in reality, i did a bicycle kick to classic Soundwave once too, busted up my drawer cuz the sleep paralasys wasnt working again

Avvy by Kane52630