The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 08-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #76
The Geek Vault
Come at me bro

Default Re: Enter The Sandman: The Dreams Thread

The best dream I ever had was I was in a space rocket and it took off and for some reason I could almost feel the intensity of the ship taking off. Then I remember the ship broke and started to plummet to the ground and I felt that fear of free falling in the dream and it was just a crazy experience. The worst dream I ever had was when I was younger and I was asleep during a thunder storm, the dream started off in a market with this guy trying to sell me something then outside of the dream it thundered and in my dream the guy turned into a clown that chased me, I woke up sweating.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #77
Harls
It's an L, not an I

Recently, I had a dream I was training to be like Harley Quinn. Harley herself was taking me around Gotham and we were fighting people and shopping and eating cereal

Harls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:39 PM   #78
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Does anyone really interpret dreams here?

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

"Joey Crawford, From the Heat to the Cavs"

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Docker2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:41 PM   #79
Honey Vibe
Pardon, Mr. Hyde?

Default Re: Your Best/Worst Dreams Thread

Enjoying the reads. If anyone wants an interpretation, email ferrisaero[at]jeemail. Put "superherohype" in the subject so I know not to charge.

...That last sentence was serious.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #80
Honey Vibe
Pardon, Mr. Hyde?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Does anyone really interpret dreams here?
Hi. <3

Old 08-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #81
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Girllllllllllllllllllllllll!!! I haven't seen you in ages!

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 08-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #82
Honey Vibe
Pardon, Mr. Hyde?

'sup homie chan!

Old 08-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #83
Metamorpho1977
You jack wagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek Vault View Post
The best dream I ever had was I was in a space rocket and it took off and for some reason I could almost feel the intensity of the ship taking off. Then I remember the ship broke and started to plummet to the ground and I felt that fear of free falling in the dream and it was just a crazy experience. The worst dream I ever had was when I was younger and I was asleep during a thunder storm, the dream started off in a market with this guy trying to sell me something then outside of the dream it thundered and in my dream the guy turned into a clown that chased me, I woke up sweating.
Maybe it wasn't a dream, maybe it was PeeWee Herman needing a new Navigator.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
----Jimi Hendrix

Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta stay on your toes.
Metamorpho1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #84
teh Puffy
COME ON AND HIT ME!

Last night was just so sleepless.

For some damn reason Pam Anderson was raping me, I caught an STD. I woke up crying scared ****less thinking I was doomed to be alone threw my **** too the flooor slept in a ball with no blankets or pillow. I feel back too sleep where I was at work, the backroom there was a delivery we opened the bay door it was just someone to fix a broken door but they parked on the loading dock where the vehicle feel to the ground I was being blamed for the incident by a manager where we were shouting back and forth. We got into a shoving incident where I chased him down, to find a guy in the store was beating my mother and I stopped the guy by beating him ****less.

Woke up, Like What the **** man.

COME ON HIT ME!
teh Puffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #85
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

had another nightmare where im in a foggy forest where there was a small community of people and it feels like late 1800s. so basically I found bodies of dead people in one cabin and then in a back you see a angry mob running after me thinking I did the murders. So most of my dream im running, running away from everybody. I didnt trust anybody who came in my way. I see the mob getting closer to me when I woke up

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #86
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

I need help with a dream: A pack of wolves attacked my wife and daughter. So I grabbed a bat and attacked the head wolf. The head wolf was very monstrous. As I beat him, I noticed a smaller wolf standing over my daughter. He was attacking her, just looking at her. Then I woke up. What does this shhh mean?

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 08-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #87
Haff
Side-Kick

Th Wink Re: Enter The Sandman: The Dreams Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
I need help with a dream: A pack of wolves attacked my wife and daughter. So I grabbed a bat and attacked the head wolf. The head wolf was very monstrous. As I beat him, I noticed a smaller wolf standing over my daughter. He was attacking her, just looking at her. Then I woke up. What does this shhh mean?
Perhaps the wolves are a representation of something you are fighting in your life mental or physical. It is in the back of your mind and has been bugging you but you don't know it. Or maybe you have been watching too much teen wolf.

Haff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:16 PM   #88
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

I had a dream last night where Ganthet gave me the last GL ring instead of Rayner. I ended up conquering Earth and Zatanna and Jade were my sex slaves.

Scourge2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #89
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

Dream last night was me and a random handful of people I know (myself, my brother and sister, my mother, my grandmother, and a random group of friends that by all means have no actual reason to know each other) were holed up in a big hotel by the ocean hiding from dinosaurs that had somehow eaten just about everybody in the world. The only stuff I really remember was my grandmother drowning because she couldn't swim (even though she can in real life, but my subconscious substituted not being able to swim for her fear of heights), my family packing a group of raptors and allosaurs into a small cardboard box (not sure why), and me actually using the knowledge I've gained in my pharmacology class to tranquilize and kill a tyrannosaur.

SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:45 PM   #90
ALP
In The Mountains

I found myself 'lucid dreaming' not long ago. Last week in fact, haven't done it since. It was very difficult. I rememeber dreaming just last night but rarely am I able to gain consciousness in the dream and realize that I am dreaming.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #91
Harls
It's an L, not an I

I've had a TON of lucid dreams lately and I don't know why - before this past month or two, I had had only one in my lifetime. Now, I've had at least 7 more... it's strange, I'll just be dreaming and then mid-dream I'll realize that I'm dreaming and then it becomes a lucid dream.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:40 PM   #92
TheWatcher
Dapper

I had a dream recently about the Scott Pilgrim cast and I sitting in a Burger King/White Castle hybrid talking about CBM's. Chris Evans and Brandon Routh were joking around by calling each other the names of their famous roles. Every time Evans would call BR Superman I would go "BUUUUUUURRRRRN!".

Makes me mad because I want Routhboot! MEW was yummy though

-Christian Bale

Last edited by TheWatcher; 08-18-2010 at 03:29 PM.
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #93
Bnightwing
Side-Kick

Anyone have tips on how to lucid dream? I can't induce them too well. The thing about dreaming is I tend to dream when I don't think about it, but when you want to dream it's kinda hard to not think about not dreaming.

Bnightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #94
Harls
It's an L, not an I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnightwing View Post
Anyone have tips on how to lucid dream? I can't induce them too well. The thing about dreaming is I tend to dream when I don't think about it, but when you want to dream it's kinda hard to not think about not dreaming.
I've researched it a little a few years back. The first time I had a lucid dream, I had been sleeping and then was woken up briefly (but not fully awake I think) in the middle of the night. Somehow I remembered to try and stay conscious and relax my body enough to fall asleep. Then, I did the nose test (where you plug your nose and breath out; if you can't, you're still awake, but if you can, you're dreaming). Low and behold, I was able to breathe and realized I was dreaming and just controlled it from there. In that dream, in order to control anything I had to close my eyes and say what I wanted to happen and then when my eyes opened, it happened.

That was a few years ago. I didn't have any more until just maybe 2 months ago, and since then I've had a ton. These have been very different though; Instead of consciously trying to lucid dream, I just fall asleep like normal and dream like normal until at some point in the dream I realize I'm dreaming. It's kind of hard to explain and I don't know what exactly triggers it.... for instance, one time I realized it was when (in the dream) I looked into a mirror, and my hair was red and black instead of blonde. That's where I go, "Hey, that's not my hair, I must be dreaming!". It might be useful to mention that controlling it is different now, too; instead of that process up above I can either just say it or (in more recent ones) make gestures and think what I want to happen and it will. I guess practice makes perfect.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:06 PM   #95
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnightwing View Post
I've heard of one strategy, but I haven't really explored it. Basically, you need to start questioning the reality of stuff in your waking life (which hopefully will come out as "Yes, this is real"). The idea is that since you generally react the way you do in waking life in your dreams, you'll do so in the dream and when you come up with "No, this isn't real" you should realize that you're in a dream.

SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #96
Harls
It's an L, not an I

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
I've heard of one strategy, but I haven't really explored it. Basically, you need to start questioning the reality of stuff in your waking life (which hopefully will come out as "Yes, this is real"). The idea is that since you generally react the way you do in waking life in your dreams, you'll do so in the dream and when you come up with "No, this isn't real" you should realize that you're in a dream.
I've tried that before, but, uh... heh, in my dream it still came out as "Yes, this is real"

Old 08-17-2010, 10:23 PM   #97
ALP
In The Mountains

Terrific you guys mention that. I was dreaming that I was in school and when the bell let out I walked out of class into the hall I saw a sign that read "Florida the sunny state" and I went "wait a tic, I don't live in Florida" and I realized I was dreaming. I almost woke up but managed to still stay asleep. I have also heard people say that when lucid dreaming, they can think of anything and it automatically happens. But that wasn't the case with me. I thought of The Wizard of Oz and nothing happened. But then I walked through a door and Oz appeared. I have to have an entrance and an exit to get what I think of while lucid dreaming, it doesn't just appear to me out of nowhere.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #98
Harls
It's an L, not an I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
I almost woke up but managed to still stay asleep.
That was a problem for me too on my first dream, it was ended prematurely because I got too excited and woke myself up!

Quote:
I have to have an entrance and an exit to get what I think of while lucid dreaming, it doesn't just appear to me out of nowhere.
That is so interesting to me, how everyone's mind works differently in their dreams.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:34 PM   #99
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

I had a dream, within a dream once. Then I got kicked.

VenomVsSpidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:39 PM   #100
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

I had another 'murderer chasing me' dream last night. Woke up in a panic. It was not fun.