The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 04-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #26
ęKAW
Banned User

Default Re: A fan's rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomVsSpidey View Post
Oh I agree. skip the opening credits and a few other things, and TIH is Very much a sequel to Hulk. and I know alot of my friends are going to be asking "what the--? where's tobey maguire?"
Just tell them that he's in another movie playing the exact same damn character.

ęKAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #27
Kurt Wagner
Side-Kick

this thread is hilarous

Kurt Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:50 AM   #28
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
From my blog:
On January 11th, Sony Pictures announced that there would not be a "Spider-Man 4". THis was after numerous announcements, months of planning and the promised return of director SAm Raimi and the stars Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. Apparently there were some major creative differences between Raimi-who had delivered two quality (and widely popular and successful) installments, and SOny, who seemed intent on controlling every aspect of the film. The studio decided instead of continuing the story or allowing Raimi creative autonomy, to re-start or, as fans have come to refer to it, "reboot" the franchise. This means that the nesxt film will have no connection whatsoever to the previous series, much like "Batman Begins".
I am bothered by this because it was clearly a business decision. Not an artistic or creative decision. It's not that there was simply no way to move forward. It's not that Raimi & Co. had failed irredeemable. The widely lambasted (yet still commercially successful) 3rd movie's true downfall lay in the inclusion of Venom, something that Sam Raimi had repeatedly stated he did not want. He didn't like Venom, he didn't want Venom, and there was no room for Venom in the project as he had planned it. He gave in, he compromised his vision, rebuilt the entire story to justify Venom's presence and the villain proved to simultaneously be both the movie's biggest draw and its biggest disappointment in fans' eyes. But in the hope of capturing the latest filmmaking craze and chasing the numbers pulled down by "The Dark Knight", Sony is spitting in the faces of everyone who supported Raimi's movies. I think it's simply wrong. I know money is important but the bean counters shouldn't be pushing the creators around. The two sides need to trust each other and not jump on the latest bandwagon. Restarting the Batman franchise was a necessary step. There was no way to move forward. That is not the case here. What worked for one does not work for all.
This thread was on top because of a recent reply, and I wanted to reply to this as well....

do you still have this same reaction to the reboot when we're about six-seven months away until the release?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #29
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

I have to be honest when I say that I'm still not that excited for this reboot. Maybe as the opening draws closer I will be,but this film hasn't captured my attention like all of Raimi's films have. With all those films(esp. part 3)I followed their creation like a religion. From leaked pics,spoilers and trailers. But with this reboot...it's nothing,really.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #30
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Meh, if you're a "fan" of the character, you should at least give this reboot a chance, tbh.

Although with the direction this movie's taking/taken, I can get why it might not appeal or seem too "edgy" to some of the fans.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #31
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

I find this new reboot much closer to character than Raimi's movies.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #32
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
I have to be honest when I say that I'm still not that excited for this reboot. Maybe as the opening draws closer I will be,but this film hasn't captured my attention like all of Raimi's films have. With all those films(esp. part 3)I followed their creation like a religion. From leaked pics,spoilers and trailers. But with this reboot...it's nothing,really.
I have to disagree with you when you say that the Raimi series could have continued.

The overall storyline in the films dealt with the Osborns ans the Goblin legacy.

The Goblin storyline ended in SM3.

After that, any more films just would have been one offs. Bad ones with b grade Spidey villains, not that some of those aren't good.

The raimi series could have continue fine had the black suit/venom saga hadn't been squeezed into one film.

Can we blame Raimi for this? No, He had a particular vision (Sandman and Venom) that ultimately didn't work on it own as marketable ( as far as we know)

Can we blame Sony? No. Despite popular belief, It was producers Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad who convinced Raimi to use Venom at all.

Raimi is and was a fan of 60s comics. His films, except the third, are a tribute to the early Spidey stories. Thats why SM3 didn't work. You can't place Venom in a world based on the one portrayed in the 60s stories.

Sam Raimi's films were a tribute to the 60s books so the villains and arcs introduced in the 90s and 80 wouldn't have worked.

The series is shaping up to be more open minded and much more a generalized adaptation of Spider-man rather than taking from one particular era. Kinda like the Arkham games. It draws from multiple sources rather than jut one.

SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #33
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Well,Raimi's series holds alot of memories for me,sure,but I am a HUGE fan of Spidey. Any movie with Spidey is something I wanna see...something I look forward to. Frankly,it kinda pisses me off that I'm not more excited for the new film. I mean,I wanna see it,certainly. But there's just none of that excitement that I had for the original trilogy. Not to suggest this new film won't be good. Maybe it just not as "new" as it was before?

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #34
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
Well,Raimi's series holds alot of memories for me,sure,but I am a HUGE fan of Spidey. Any movie with Spidey is something I wanna see...something I look forward to. Frankly,it kinda pisses me off that I'm not more excited for the new film. I mean,I wanna see it,certainly. But there's just none of that excitement that I had for the original trilogy. Not to suggest this new film won't be good. Maybe it just not as "new" as it was before?
I agree that the wonderment had when seeing the Raimi films isn't here because we we're seeing the character on screen for the first time.

But I still am very excited dur to some of my favorite elements from the comics finally being represented such as the web shooters and The Lizard.

I'm also very happy to see it borrowing elements from the Ultimate series as Peter's dad is a scientist.

I guess you just have to find the positives.

SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #35
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
This thread was on top because of a recent reply, and I wanted to reply to this as well....

do you still have this same reaction to the reboot when we're about six-seven months away until the release?
Yup. Pretty much. Nothing has happened to make me look forward to it. As it stands, I have NO intention of seeing it.

Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #36
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Yup. Pretty much. Nothing has happened to make me look forward to it. As it stands, I have NO intention of seeing it.
Fair enough.

Would there be anything that the reboot can show that will get you interested? Would seeing the Lizard get you interested, or no?

Old 01-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #37
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Based on what I've seen the Lizard's gonna be an even bigger disappointment than the basketball suit. The trailer didn't impress me, the costume sucks, and they've done a lot of things that I just don't deem necessary-particularly the origin. WE DON'T NEED TO SEE HIM GET BITTEN AGAIN anymore than we need to see Krypton explode again.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #38
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I felt much the same as Wallace did when news broke, feel the same now. Dangling SM4 in front of my face only to scrap it in favour of a reboot was gutting. Knowing that the upcoming film could have featured the original cast and crew if not for an imposed schedule sours any news on the reboot.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #39
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

I tried to keep an open mind but Sony/Webb have not shown me one thing that makes me optimistic.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #40
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Unfortunate.

Oh well, can't win them all.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #41
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Based on what I've seen the Lizard's gonna be an even bigger disappointment than the basketball suit. The trailer didn't impress me, the costume sucks, and they've done a lot of things that I just don't deem necessary-particularly the origin. WE DON'T NEED TO SEE HIM GET BITTEN AGAIN anymore than we need to see Krypton explode again.
But Raimi's series did a lot of things that shouldn't have been. Imo, I think Webb's is much closer to the comics than Raimi's film series, especially with bringing in Gwen Stacy, which should've been first anyways.

And...it's been over thirty years since we saw Krypton explode...and I think we do need to see that again, haha.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #42
Kurt Wagner
Side-Kick

Quote:
The costume is pretty cool... sure there are minor changes, but it definitely doesn't suck more than Raimi's raised silver webbing. If anything sucks, it's your attitude towards the reboot. Give it a chance and maybe you'll be surprised and might actually like it... And if you can't get yourself to give it a fair chance... then just close your eyes during the spider-bite scene so you don't have to watch it again... or skip the movie all together. But chances are that if you're like most haters, you'll only watch the movie to just reinforce what you already dislike.

Kurt Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #43
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Wagner View Post
The costume is pretty cool... sure there are minor changes, but it definitely doesn't suck more than Raimi's raised silver webbing. If anything sucks, it's your attitude towards the reboot. Give it a chance and maybe you'll be surprised and might actually like it... And if you can't get yourself to give it a fair chance... then just close your eyes during the spider-bite scene so you don't have to watch it again... or skip the movie all together. But chances are that if you're like most haters, you'll only watch the movie to just reinforce what you already dislike.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #44
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

I couldn't disagree with you more, Kurt.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #45
Dark Phantom
Sing for me!

Quote:
And...it's been over thirty years since we saw Krypton explode...and I think we do need to see that again, haha.
Technically it's been 6 years..... Superman Returns, anyone?

Dark Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #46
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Wagner View Post
The costume is pretty cool... sure there are minor changes, but it definitely doesn't suck more than Raimi's raised silver webbing.
Make the webs not spider-webs is enough change to ruin any version of Spider-man design-wise. Changes like that might look small but they're not minor.

I hope all you know that I feel the tone of the new franchise feels much better to El Payaso.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #47
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Phantom View Post
Technically it's been 6 years..... Superman Returns, anyone?
Krypton explodes in SR?

Old 01-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #48
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Krypton explodes in SR?
Right at the beginning of the movie. First thing that happens.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #49
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Right at the beginning of the movie. First thing that happens.
First thing to happen is an old lady dying and giving all she has to Lex Luthor

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.
SHH6 member 14: Supa-Pizza
Buh-Bye TMNT sub-forums, you will be missed.
Last date: 29th of October 2014.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #50
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
First thing to happen is an old lady dying and giving all she has to Lex Luthor
It happens just before the opening credits, before the scene you mentioned.