The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 01-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #51
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Default Re: A fan's rage

Chris, what did you think of the SDCC footage descriptions, and why?

Marvel Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #52
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
Based on what I've seen the Lizard's gonna be an even bigger disappointment than the basketball suit. The trailer didn't impress me, the costume sucks, and they've done a lot of things that I just don't deem necessary-particularly the origin. WE DON'T NEED TO SEE HIM GET BITTEN AGAIN anymore than we need to see Krypton explode again.
Man, sucks to be you I guess. Everything about this makes me confident that it will eviscerate Raimi's films. Just do what I do when Burton's Bat films or Raimi's Spidey films appear on television. See Elvis V. R. Goulet

SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #53
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Right at the beginning of the movie. First thing that happens.
Yah, but...it was probably looking just like Superman: The Movie.

Getting something new for Man of Steel is needed, imo.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #54
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
First thing to happen is an old lady dying and giving all she has to Lex Luthor
There's a whole intro before that scene. And before the intro, Krypton explodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Yah, but...it was probably looking just like Superman: The Movie.
Well, no, it didn't.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #55
Anno_Domini
Banned User

What did it look like then?

Why would it be something new since it's a sequel to the Donner films? That makes no sense.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #56
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
What did it look like then?
Haven't you seen the movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W-XtWob9wo

Skip to 0:57.

Quote:
Why would it be something new since it's a sequel to the Donner films? That makes no sense.
Yeah, like giving Superman a new suit, like making Metropolis other city than New York or like having different actors.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #57
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Haven't you seen the movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W-XtWob9wo

Skip to 0:57.
Been a while since I've seen it, and this just passed my mind when I was thinking of Krypton exploding in SR....but still, I don't understand why the change for the destruction of the planet.

Quote:
Yeah, like giving Superman a new suit, like making Metropolis other city than New York or like having different actors.
It still doesn't make any sense. This is meant to be a sequel to Superman II; even your reasoning, it should align to the same mythos. The actors may be different, but Singer and everyone tried to make their best by having everyone looking like how they were portrayed in Superman I and II. To create a different way of Krypton's destruction makes little sense.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #58
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Been a while since I've seen it, and this just passed my mind when I was thinking of Krypton exploding in SR....but still, I don't understand why the change for the destruction of the planet.
It's like when you do a modern Superman movie, no matter how related to the previous one might be, you use CGI and not only wires and blue screen when Superman flies as in 1977.

Like in STM Krypton is still light blue, its sun is still red and when exploding it still throws thousand of yellow, red and blue pieces in all directions. Just like in STM. They just added the sun implosion first and of course the visuals are much better, which is all good news.

Quote:
It still doesn't make any sense. This is meant to be a sequel to Superman II; even your reasoning, it should align to the same mythos. The actors may be different, but Singer and everyone tried to make their best by having everyone looking like how they were portrayed in Superman I and II. To create a different way of Krypton's destruction makes little sense.
It was always described as a vague sequel, so they could make imrprovements in some areas. Marlonm Brando was still Marlon, his vopice, etc, the rest were different. Lois looked like the 1940's Lois not Kidder but Routh looked like Reeve, etc.

Last edited by El Payaso; 01-15-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #59
Anno_Domini
Banned User

But still, even if SR tried to enhance the looks and effects, Man of Steel does deserve to show us something brand new, which I believe they'll do.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #60
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
It was always described as a vague sequel, so they could make imrprovements in some areas. Marlonm Brando was still Marlon, his vopice, etc, the rest were different. Lois looked like the 1940's Lois not Kidder but Routh looked like Reeve, etc.
Superman Returns is considered a sequel to the first 2 Superman films as it ignores everything that occured in 3 and 4 and uses Supes and lois's romantic rendevous in 2 as the moment when Lois got pregnant.

So, you can call Superman 2 a quasi sequel to other for films as, like I siad, it ignores 3 and 4.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #61
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
And...it's been over thirty years since we saw Krypton explode...and I think we do need to see that again, haha.
Has it? Smallville, Lois & Clark, the animated series-RETURNS!

Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #62
socool
True

Quote:
Does that mean you're against Man of Steel too?

Old 01-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #63
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
I need to watch Lois & Clark again. Watched the MXYZPTLK episode and I find it to hold nicely

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #64
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
And there are a number of people that didn't watch Lois & Clark, or forget about that series, or didn't watch Smallville. And the cartoon? The same applies. We need to see it on the big screen again because it's been so many years. And Superman Returns as a sequel to Superman II, it's about time for us to be given something new and not belonging to the Donnerverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
Does that mean you're against Man of Steel too?
Haha.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #65
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Here are articles by a guy you may relate to his opinions on the movie Chris

Suck

Suck (cont.)

Awesome

Old 01-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #66
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
And there are a number of people that didn't watch Lois & Clark, or forget about that series, or didn't watch Smallville. And the cartoon? The same applies. We need to see it on the big screen again because it's been so many years. And Superman Returns as a sequel to Superman II, it's about time for us to be given something new and not belonging to the Donnerverse.

Haha.
Man, all of those are not connected to Donner. If people might or might not have forgotten about them.. we don't even know it for a fact.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #67
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Man, all of those are not connected to Donner. If people might or might not have forgotten about them.. we don't even know it for a fact.
Smallville is, and I am sure Superman: The Animated Series was and we know Superman Returns was as well.

Lois & Clark was not and is actually the most enjoyable Superman entertainment there is besides Superman I and II.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:52 AM   #68
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Cause they didn't de-power him as they did in the animated series, and Dean Caine is terrific

Old 01-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #69
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I love the animated series, but I was never a fan of how they de-powered him throughout the series.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #70
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Smallville is, and I am sure Superman: The Animated Series was and we know Superman Returns was as well.

Lois & Clark was not and is actually the most enjoyable Superman entertainment there is besides Superman I and II.
None of the T.V. shows were directly ties to the Donnor series. Smallville and Superman TAS were, especially Smallville, were inspired by that series while Lois and Clark had no influence whatsoever.

If any of them were though, than I guess Smallville would be an Earth-2 version of the Donnor series as, despite a lot of changes, that series took all of its cues from that from having Jonathan Kent die (which first happened only in STM) to using the John Williams theme throughout the series.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #71
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
None of the T.V. shows were directly ties to the Donnor series. Smallville and Superman TAS were, especially Smallville, were inspired by that series while Lois and Clark had no influence whatsoever.

If any of them were though, than I guess Smallville would be an Earth-2 version of the Donnor series as, despite a lot of changes, that series took all of its cues from that from having Jonathan Kent die (which first happened only in STM) to using the John Williams theme throughout the series.
So...is this agreeing with my statement or what? I don't understand, lol. I believe I have already said all of this that ties to SV and Superman: TAS to the Donnerverse.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:44 AM   #72
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
I love the animated series, but I was never a fan of how they de-powered him throughout the series.
Me and my bro discussed the de-powering move and joked about it a few times, then he compares this Superman to Chris Reeves in the first movie to how he held a helicopter in the Livewire episode

Old 02-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #73
Kurt Wagner
Side-Kick

Quote:
I couldn't disagree with you more, Kurt.
How can you seriously hate something that's not even out yet? So many people did the same thing with Nolan's batman movies when the first pics of the tumbler arose on the internet... and pics of heath ledger as the joker. Hell, the casting announcement ALONE of Heath Ledger cause huge fan rage that was out of nothing... and look at the movies now, ranked up there as one of the best comic book movies.

And compared to Raimi's version, this new reboot maintains the humor without the cheesiness. It has great actors... great story... a great director... and it's as faithful if not more faithful to the Spider-Man comics as Raimi's versions.

What's your argument for disliking the reboot?

Kurt Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #74
mayo23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Wagner View Post
The costume is pretty cool... sure there are minor changes, but it definitely doesn't suck more than Raimi's raised silver webbing. If anything sucks, it's your attitude towards the reboot. Give it a chance and maybe you'll be surprised and might actually like it... And if you can't get yourself to give it a fair chance... then just close your eyes during the spider-bite scene so you don't have to watch it again... or skip the movie all together. But chances are that if you're like most haters, you'll only watch the movie to just reinforce what you already dislike.
Given this guy's attitude, he won't like the film one bit. Don't you know you can't make someone like something when they're so set on hating it! By the way, what does it mean when someone says they're a "fan"? Usually that's the way a hate/rant thread always starts of, with the OP saying "I'm a HUGE fan, but"...blah blah blah, as if it makes their opinions more valid and not biased. I hate narrow minded people.

mayo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #75
SpaceWay2009
Wall-Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post
Given this guy's attitude, he won't like the film one bit. Don't you know you can't make someone like something when they're so set on hating it! By the way, what does it mean when someone says they're a "fan"? Usually that's the way a hate/rant thread always starts of, with the OP saying "I'm a HUGE fan, but"...blah blah blah, as if it makes their opinions more valid and not biased. I hate narrow minded people.
lol Yeah, that's usually the case.

Reasons as to why TSSM was cancelled: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/....php?qid=14223
SpaceWay2009 is offline   Reply With Quote