The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 05-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #176
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Default Re: A fan's rage

Well, I'm glad it's made some people feel better.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #177
BillPardy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceWay2009 View Post
Thanks for posting that. That should settle down the people who think Uncle Ben won't die.
Oh, I think Uncle Ben will die. I just think he'll die at the end of the movie. Since, in the trailer we can hear the line during the dinner scene, "Peter lives with his Aunt and Uncle." And then they go on to talk about Spider-man.
Now this could just be how they edited the scene, but I'm pretty sure Peter will be webslinging, and saving the day way before Uncle Ben bites it.

BillPardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #178
Steve Sanders
Side-Kick

Talking Re: A fan's rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Wagner View Post
this thread is hilarous
Boy it sure is.

Steve Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #179
Steve Sanders
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: A fan's rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Wagner View Post
How can you seriously hate something that's not even out yet? So many people did the same thing with Nolan's batman movies when the first pics of the tumbler arose on the internet... and pics of heath ledger as the joker. Hell, the casting announcement ALONE of Heath Ledger cause huge fan rage that was out of nothing... and look at the movies now, ranked up there as one of the best comic book movies.

And compared to Raimi's version, this new reboot maintains the humor without the cheesiness. It has great actors... great story... a great director... and it's as faithful if not more faithful to the Spider-Man comics as Raimi's versions.

What's your argument for disliking the reboot?
Been lurking here for a while and this guy makes the most sense here.How can any die hard spidey fan not love that they are rebotting it especially since they are doing it right this time giving him the mechs? sheesh.

A reboot was everybit just as much neccessary and Batman Begins was in the fact there many Batman fans that did not like any of the Burton/Scumacher Batman films. Same here with Spider-Man.Many were not at all happy with the Raimi films with him not having any mechs.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #180
roach
I am the night

Studios don't make the movie for the fans...if they did they would all be faithful adaptations
How could any die hard spider fan love this since they aren't using the suit that he has worn for 50 years (see what I did there). Its not for anyone of us to decide what makes a spiderman fan

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #181
Steve Sanders
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Studios don't make the movie for the fans...if they did they would all be faithful adaptations
How could any die hard spider fan love this since they aren't using the suit that he has worn for 50 years (see what I did there). Its not for anyone of us to decide what makes a spiderman fan
except spider-man without the mechs is so stupid its not even funny.Major difference there.Fans can adjust to the costume.Half of them out there will never embrace the organics.Thats a central part of his character.Thank God sony learned from their mistakes and are doing his origin story right this this time with a reboot.The only thing I dont like about it is I think they are doing it too soon.should have waited at least a couple more years.

again this thread is hysterical that first post.lol.It was every bit as imperative they rebooted Spider-Man as much as it was for them to reboot Batman with Batman Begins.Both times they betrayed the source material so badly its disgusting they could have even thought of such a thing in the first place.

Last edited by Steve Sanders; 06-18-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #182
roach
I am the night

where are you getting your numbers from...show me where half the Spider-man fans would never embrace organics.

Sorry but I dislike it when someone uses their opinion as fact. As if they represent the fans. Fact remains that the movies where highly successful. Seems to me not that many people minded organics.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #183
Steve Sanders
Side-Kick

Quote:
where are you getting your numbers from...show me where half the Spider-man fans would never embrace organics.

Sorry but I dislike it when someone uses their opinion as fact. As if they represent the fans. Fact remains that the movies where highly successful. Seems to me not that many people minded organics.
thats funny because everywhere I went back then I heard people moaning about it all the time.I remember the huge numbers of people back then on message boards voicing their anger about it.

It was even mentioned in the tv guide back then when the movie came out the fan outrage everywhere across the country. I kept the issue. Im sure I can find it somewhere,and of course it was successful,the name Spider-Man alone being the huge popular character he is was going to make it a success.where you been? If I can find that issue I'll be back again to post what they say in it otherwise I wont.

All I can is if you cant see like that other guy did how hysterical this thread is then nothing I say can change your mind obviously.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #184
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

There seems to be a fairly common belief that my lack of support/enthusiasm for the upcoming Spidey movie stems from either some inherent resistance to change and/or some misguided sense of "loyalty" to the previous series. I don't know if I can dispel this but I'm going to try.
Although I did initially disagree with them scrapping the series and starting over, as I thought it was unnecessary and really wanted a 4th installment of the Raimi movies, hopefully bringing about a more satisfying conclusion to the saga than the dangling ending we'd gotten, I was at the same time curious as to what they were going to churn out. And I had EVERY intention of attending the movie despite my misgivings. Even after I learned they were putting him back in high school and redoing his origin. Even after I saw casting choices (PARTICULARLY Spider-Man himself) that I found questionable. Even when they took out Mary Jane AND Jameson. Even after I saw that ghastly abomination of a costume that they've got him wearing, (are they really saying that it's easier to believe a teenager made a rubber suit than a cloth one?) I still didn't give up hope. I waited patiently albeit with skepticism, for the pro's which would help to balance out the con's.
And they never came.
In the months that followed, not ONE single thing has happened to make me believe I should spend my money to see this movie. Nothing. THe trailers, the Lizard's look, the lines I keep hearing ("Do you think what happened to you was an accident?") all reinforce my belief that the order of the day was simply to make a movie that was DIFFERENT from Raimi's. Seems what they forgot to do was make it good. Although I will point out that 2 elements which were heavily protested by fans-the constant use of CGI animation for the swinging sequences and Spidey's frequent unmaskings-seem to be just as prevalent in the new movie and yet seem to be met with far less protest.
Bottom line-it simply DOES NOT look like a good movie. Period. If it did, I would support it. But it doesn't. And you know what? Think I'm narrow-minded. THink I'm brainwashed. I don't care. I can find better uses for my time AND my money.

Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #185
Troy_Parker
Banned User

If the reboot got an overwhelmingly positive reaction, would you still not care about it?

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #186
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

I want to just say firstly, that that's a pretty good post by Chris Wallace. While I don't agree wi him and, frankly, can't even quite comprehend why certain things he thinks are bad are bad, but still, his overall point of view makes sense. So kudos to that.

However, I do lalways find it funny in posts like those, people always act like their time and money is some dearly valuable possession, when in all likelihood they've wasted hours of their lives watching infomercials and spending money on similarly wasteful and forgettable commodities.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #187
roach
I am the night

I am not going to say I won't see this movie. I am a Spider-man fan first before being a Raimi series fan. There are somethings they look to do better than the first series...Spidey quipping and being more acrobatic is a plus.
I will see this movie...but my expectations will be low...or I'll be comparing this to Spider-man the whole movie. Many people like to bring up Batman Begins. Yet Batman Begins worked as a reboot because we never saw Batman's origin. This will be the second time seeing the spider bite and Peter discovering his powers. Its a retread of what we saw already.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #188
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Yeah, but it's not like retreads are anything new. Dracula's been remade about 80 times, Superman's origin has been retold countless times across all forms of multimedia... They'll always be "retreads" simply to update and bring new relevance to older or antiquated stories.

While I don't mean to be at all dismissive to SM1 (I enjoy it quite a bit), I think it's definitely aged rather poorly over the past 10 years. Compared to the Batman/X-Men/Avengers movies of the present, it does seem rather small and quite thoroughly campy.

I think BB is a fair comparison for this as - if it's good - it will/should bring some new relevance to the Spider-Man movie franchise..like BB did to an even greater extent for Batman.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #189
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
Yeah, but it's not like retreads are anything new. Dracula's been remade about 80 times, Superman's origin has been retold countless times across all forms of multimedia... They'll always be "retreads" simply to update and bring new relevance to older or antiquated stories.
while Superman has been in countless movies, TV shows and movies only a handful did the origin. The Christopher Reeve movie was the first time the origin was actually filmed. Superman's origin has been filmed in Superman the movie, Lois and Clark, Smallville, Superboy and the Animated series...so five really.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #190
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Six counting MOS.

Plus I was counting the multiple times Superman has been given a new "in continuity" origin in the comics...which he had had more of than any other major character. Action Comics #1, Man of Steel, Birthright, Secret Origin, and now Morrison's relaunch. Plus there had to be at least one reeling of the origin in radio.

But rather than be a poindexter and list them all numerically, I just said "countless".

Either way, that really has little to do with my overarching point.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #191
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Six counting MOS.

Plus I was counting the multiple times Superman has been given a new "in continuity" origin in the comics...which he had had more of than any other major character. Action Comics #1, Man of Steel, Birthright, Secret Origin, and now Morrison's relaunch. Plus there had to be at least one reeling of the origin in radio.

But rather than be a poindexter and list them all numerically, I just said "countless".

Either way, that really has little to do with my overarching point.
i was only counting the movies that were out...and not the comics or anything else

Old 06-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #192
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

...what's the difference?

It had absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #193
roach
I am the night

i don't remember the point I was trying to make

Old 06-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #194
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

You just propagated a geek stereotype.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #195
roach
I am the night

Quote:
You just propagated a geek stereotype.
your welcome

Old 06-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #196
Dragon
No Way as Way

Quote:
while Superman has been in countless movies, TV shows and movies only a handful did the origin. The Christopher Reeve movie was the first time the origin was actually filmed. Superman's origin has been filmed in Superman the movie, Lois and Clark, Smallville, Superboy and the Animated series...so five really.
It was also in the 50's George Reeves series.

Kung-Fu, 1972
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #197
roach
I am the night

Here are some of the early reviews coming out for Spider-man. People who had an issue with the Raimi movies being all about Pete and MJ might not be too happy.

http://collider.com/amazing-spider-man-reviews/174622/