The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 06:12 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-16-2017, 06:12 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-16-2017, 06:12 PM   #3
NotSoLongAgo
#spidermansolit

Default Re: Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Feige said 'never say never' so i'm holding on to my little bit of hope

Old 07-16-2017, 06:18 PM   #4
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Gimme a film with Mark as Banner and Hulk facing off against the U-Foes.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:28 PM   #5
StormC
Custom User Title?

Default Re: Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Even with the Avengers boost I don't know how much a Hulk solo would make. But of course we have no way of knowing.

I think WW2 will be more frontloaded but still could be kinda leggy due to the majority female audience. Maybe a 3x multiplier versus an almost 4x one.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:29 PM   #6
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

I think they might reconsider after Ragnarok, if it performs well and Hulk is a major highlight. Ruffalo is an amazing Banner and I want more of him.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:32 PM   #7
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

It does suck that Mark won't be able to really headline a film of his own. I think most agree he's the best to ever play the role of Banner/Hulk and it's a shame that he's always going to be a big player in everyone else's film. Even looking at Mark talk about it, does seem like he's a bit dissapointed, the franchise has kind of passed him by at this point.

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Old 07-16-2017, 07:49 PM   #8
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Check out this awesome Marvel vs DC video.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:23 PM   #9
NotSoLongAgo
#spidermansolit

That was really cool

Old 07-16-2017, 09:09 PM   #10
kguillou
Side-Kick

I'm watching Ant Man for the third time and you know, I gotta say, when I first saw it in theater I was kind of like 'meh it was ok,' but upon rewatches, I really, really dig this movie. I might even like it better than Homecoming and I think that's mainly due to the very innovative action sequences, which I think is what was sorely lacking in HC. Also, the movie has a lot more emotional drama and weight than I remember. I definitely think this is a movie that improves greatly upon rewatches.

Also, Paul Rudd kind of reminds me of that old school, adult Peter Parker from the 80's and 90's. In an alternate universe, I think he could've played Peter.

1) JUSTICE LEAGUE 2) John Wick 2 9/10 3) Logan 8.5/10 4) BladeRunner 2049 9/10 5) Wonder Woman 8/10 6) ALIEN: Covenant 7.5/10 7) WAR Of The Planet of The Apes 8.5/10 8) Ghost in The Shell 6/10 9) Kingsman: Golden Circle 9/10 10) Atomic Blonde 7/10

Last edited by kguillou; 07-16-2017 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:12 PM   #11
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

Ant-man is a great little movie. Watched the special features not too long ago and the way they shot it is very interesting, with an entire second unit dedicated to macro photography.

Here's a hot take: Thor the Dark World is one of the best looking superhero movies ever made.

Now characters such as the X-Men and the Fantastic Four can come home to the place where they belong. It’s vitally important to have the Marvel characters under one roof. And now, as great as they were before, I can’t wait to see the wonders that will unfold!
Old 07-16-2017, 09:57 PM   #12
Johnny-Oh
"You got heart, kid"

The first 2 acts of Ant-Man are boring and forgettable, among the worst of what Marvel has done so far. The third act is fun though.

TDW has amazing sets and costume design, but very bland cinematography.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:14 PM   #13
kguillou
Side-Kick

TDW visually looks pretty good but in my HUMBLE opinion Marvel's very best looking film ever was Thor 1. The movie had an incredibly cinematic feel to it that Marvel never went back to after this for some reason. Look at the clip below, look at the sheen of Thor's armor and how the red of his cape pops out. Thor never looked as good in the subsequent movies and I'm including Ragnorak, at least from the look of it so far.

1) JUSTICE LEAGUE 2) John Wick 2 9/10 3) Logan 8.5/10 4) BladeRunner 2049 9/10 5) Wonder Woman 8/10 6) ALIEN: Covenant 7.5/10 7) WAR Of The Planet of The Apes 8.5/10 8) Ghost in The Shell 6/10 9) Kingsman: Golden Circle 9/10 10) Atomic Blonde 7/10
Old 07-16-2017, 10:18 PM   #14
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

I hated the look of Thor 1, tbh. The costumes and Asgard looked too plastic-y and not lived-in, imo. The aesthetics were like the ONE thing I felt TDW improved on.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 07-16-2017, 10:28 PM   #15
kguillou
Side-Kick

Interesting. See, to me, "plastic-y" is something I would've attributed to Thor's Avengers 1 look. Ugh, him and Loki looked so weird in that movie. In Thor 1 him and Loki looked regal, in TA, they looked....like two actors wearing costumes, if you know what i mean.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:33 PM   #16
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

I do, because that's how I felt about Thor 1.

But I agree the Avengers had a plastic-y look as well. It just didn't bother me as much in that film for some reason. Maybe because I liked the colors more, or because it was blending the aesthetics of 4 different franchises together, I dunno.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:39 PM   #17
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Its because next to Cap, everyone looked good in the Avengers.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:44 PM   #18
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

I actually love the concept for Cap in The Avengers. It's the perfect design for the old school costume in modern day. A shame it translated so horribly in the movie.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 07-16-2017, 10:48 PM   #19
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

It all comes down to the head piece's strange beetle brow thing going on and the decision to cover up the ears. put a head piece like Cap had on in TWS and subsequent films and the costume would have been way better received.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ AQUAMAN/CYBORG HISTORY DISCUSSION.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:49 PM   #20
The Endless
WE are Groot

Some of the first Thor looks great. But a lot of it looks "over produced. There are a few shots in there that are really cool though.

And yea Cap's headpiece in Avengers was bad. Reminds me of a swimming cap. And the fabric looks kinda cosplayish.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:51 PM   #21
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
It all comes down to the head piece's strange beetle brow thing going on and the decision to cover up the ears. put a head piece like Cap had on in TWS and subsequent films and the costume would have been way better received.
The ear-covering was the true fatal mistake.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:58 PM   #22
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I think the head piece, the glove, boots and pants are all a problem. They more military style pants they used in all the other films worked a lot better imo. And the forearm and wrist guards just make the gloves and boots look super awkward imo/

Old 07-16-2017, 11:01 PM   #23
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

Yeah that outfit is a real misfire.

Now characters such as the X-Men and the Fantastic Four can come home to the place where they belong. It’s vitally important to have the Marvel characters under one roof. And now, as great as they were before, I can’t wait to see the wonders that will unfold!
Old 07-16-2017, 11:21 PM   #24
Juan1193
Side-Kick

Crazy how a DC movie holds the record for both the highest 2nd weekend drop (BVS-69%) and the lowest drop (WW-43%). Curious to see where JL lands... Hopefully it's closer to the latter than the former!

Edit: Spider-Man Homecoming is between TDKR and Days of Future Past btw.

7) Spider-Man 2 8)The Dark Knight Rises 9)Thor Ragnarok 10) X2: X-Men United

Last edited by Juan1193; 07-16-2017 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:24 PM   #25
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I hated the look of Thor 1, tbh. The costumes and Asgard looked too plastic-y and not lived-in, imo. The aesthetics were like the ONE thing I felt TDW improved on.
Agreed. I liked it a lot the first time I saw it, but not because of the cinematography.

Closed Thread