View Poll Results: GotGv2 vs Wonder Woman
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 48 47.06%
Wonder Woman 54 52.94%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2017, 03:43 PM   #1
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default GotGv2 vs Wonder Woman

I think they've been out long enough. All i want to know is which one you enjoyed more.

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:15 PM   #2
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: GotGv2 vs Wonder Woman

I'll go with GotG2. I think it had a larger number of interesting characters, a much better villain, it was funnier and the emotional stuff resonated better with me.

Last edited by Mjölnir; 06-27-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:20 PM   #3
Kev4000
Side-Kick

I go with GOTG2 but it was very close for me.

Kev4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:25 PM   #4
Samurai_Adam
Let's Samuraize, Guys!

Wonder Woman by far.

Guardians 2 was extremely disappointing for me.

Samurai_Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:26 PM   #5
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Both great movies, but I am going with GOTG 2 because it had more characters I cared about. Plus Ego was a way better villain than Ares.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:05 PM   #6
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

It pains me, but I'm going to say GotG2. Its just a better movie. Which makes sense, its a sequel to an established movie, as part of an established franchise that knows what its doing. Wonder Woman is, for all intents and purposes, the first try.

I would say that Wonder Woman is more *important*, though. Its going to have more influence on future movies.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:05 PM   #7
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

WW is just a better CA:TFA. GotG2 is superior. It's unique, it has great characters, story, visuals, humor, emotion. WW got the job done as an origin flick but GotG2 is the better movie.

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:05 PM   #8
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Another year, another couple of movies by studios you'd think another studio made

Ever wondered what a Fast & Furious in space would be like?

How about if a Disney Princess was a super-heroine?

Enjoyed both, prefer the latter.

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:13 PM   #9
Snow Queen
4AF

I thought Guardians 2 was an improvement over the first, I liked it whereas the first I can't stand. The humour was much more grating this time, I'll give the first one some credit there. But, while I liked Guardians 2, I loved Wonder Woman. I don't really have any strong feelings on seeing Guardians 2 again, but I know I'll see Wonder Woman many times over. So it gets my vote, by a very wide margin.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:16 PM   #10
dude stannis
the French guy won

Wonder Woman easily. It's a one woman show, but what a damn show it is.

GotG2 had zero narrative drive with most of the cast sitting around waiting for the eventual Ego reveal, and reduced most of the characters to yelling at each other without provocation. Now everyone outside of Quill is unable to understand sarcasm or figures of speech. Just an overall ball of meh.

We don't need your prayers.

A man has to be what he is, Reek. Can't break the mold. There's no living with what you've done. There's no going back. Right or wrong, it's a brand. A brand that sticks. Now you run on home to your mother... you tell her everything's alright. There are no more guns in the valley. RIP
dude stannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:31 PM   #11
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

GOTG2. Much better villain and climax. Wonder Woman lets down at the end. GOTG2 stays interesting the whole way through.

Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:34 PM   #12
Juan1193
Side-Kick

Wonder Woman easily gets my vote. I loved the chemistry between the cast and that No Man's Land scene was just breath taking!

Edit: Should have added Logan to this showdown as well.

7) Spider-Man 2 8)X2: X-Men United 9) X-Men: Days of Future Past
10)Guardians of the Galaxy

Last edited by Juan1193; 06-27-2017 at 11:37 PM.
Juan1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:39 PM   #13
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

I feel like after the opening GotG v2 gets ponderous for a bit, but builds to a great finale, where Wonder Woman lets itself down with its third act. GotG v2 made me cry. It wins.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:58 PM   #14
Lantern Venom
Your Mom's #1 Hypester

I have to give the edge to the Guardians. None of the characters in that film are quite as epic as Diana, but all of GotG's elements melded more effectively than Wonder Woman.

BBN 4 Life
"I'm a person just like you, but I've got better things to do than sit around and smoke dope, 'cause I know that I can cope. Laugh at the thought of eating ludes. Laugh at the thought of sniffing glue. Always gonna keep in touch; never want to use a crutch. I've got the Straight Edge." --MINOR THREAT
Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:17 AM   #15
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Both were quite clumsy, but I'll give it to Vol. 2, because it was more imaginative, unhinged and emotional.

Old 06-28-2017, 12:19 AM   #16
zlucamanz
Side-Kick

wonder woman for no man land scene alone.

zlucamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:22 AM   #17
InCali
A Tail of Three Doggies

I'll go with GotG2 by a hair, but don't have a beef with anyone who thinks differently. GotG builds and WW doesn't. GotG2 isn't as new and different (who'd expect it to be?) and WW is by far the best of the DCEU movies. Both looked really good. Chris Pine turned in the best performance in either movie (though Rooker was vastly underrated and "killed" in the sequel). The rest of the cast in GotG was mostly better than WW, but that might not be fair because there were more characters in GotG....but it's harder to make a movie work with a larger cast....so....

GotG2.

Now, if you'll indulge me....

I would rather be watching either one than be where I am now. I'm in Las Vegas for Cisco Live! at the Mandalay Bay and this place is an absolute $#!T hole. I went to get a steak, but it cost $65....for the steak....salad, vegetables, etc. are extra. They have a bar called minus 5 or something like that. The bar (evidently) is made out of ice so they have to keep it really cold. A drink costs $22, but if you get 2, it's only $42. For an extra $33, you get a warm coat and some gloves....

So far, the only time I went outside was to fill up my car so I can get the frell outta here as quickly as possible and not have to stop when I leave on Thursday. I have a couple of hours between classes tomorrow so I'm going to go down to the pool. So, to recap, I was outside when I got here, when I got gas so I can get out of here as quickly as possible, to go down to the pool and BRING cold drinks, and to leave this place. The only upside is I got in a couple of good classes that weren't sales pitches and I get to see Bruno Mars for free tomorrow night and drink (I hope) free booze.

BTW, who in the FRELL would live in Barstow/Baker area? When I came in, it was 120 degrees and, unless there's some underground town I don't know about, there is absolutely NOTHING to do.

www.cloudvistas.com

Last edited by InCali; 06-28-2017 at 12:27 AM.
InCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:27 AM   #18
InCali
A Tail of Three Doggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlucamanz View Post
wonder woman for no man land scene alone.
Terrific scene. I'm glad Jenkins fought for it and got it. The movie wouldn't have been the same without it.

www.cloudvistas.com
InCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:31 AM   #19
StormC
Side-Kick

It's close, but GOTG2 edges out slightly. It brought me to tears, which even though I loved WW, I can't say the same about. The world of GOTG is also just more fun to be in and it has a strong cast of characters overall.

StormC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:44 AM   #20
Timebomb
Side-Kick

GOTG2 for me. Both are fun movies but GOTG is just on another level.

Timebomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:23 AM   #21
Batmannerism
Super-unknown

I enjoyed WW, I thought it a good movie - and GG really carried the show, along with some pretty kick ass action. The villains and supporting cast were a bit underwhelming, but otherwise a good watch, enjoyable.

GOTG vol 2, well, it was emotional. I loved it. What really sums it all up for me are two moments:

1) "I'm Mary Poppins y'all !" just the ridiculous nature of the GOTG films, that don't take themselves seriously, even while the characters are fighting cosmic armageddon.

2) the final shot of Rocket crying. This, I felt, really brought home how much better developed and deep the GOTG characters are. Rocket isn't crying for Yondu, he's crying over all the wasted opportunities in his own life.
All the people he's pushed away and been a bastard to. That shot really got me.

Even Drax, who is the simplest character, and mostly comic relief - the scene where Mantis touches him, after he talks about his daughter, and she starts to cry, that's Gunn showing us that while Drax is stoic (and a bit crazy) on the outside, inside he carries an immense grief over the death of his wife and child.

To me, the GOTG cast felt like people, mixed up and wounded people, who make bad decisions - a lot like everyday real people.

If the supporting cast of WW had done a better job (especially the villains, yawn) then it could have been a truly great film, but because the whole cast of GOTG 2 brought their A game, the contest clearly goes to them.

Oh, and of course GOTG has an amazing soundtrack (I'm just a bit disappointed they couldn't work "fox on the run" into the film) and a Zardu Hasselfrow cameo - I mean, what could be better than that ?

Cheers.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:19 AM   #22
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Really, REALLY tough choice. Was initially going towards WW, but I think that's because I saw it more recently. The posts in this thread so far have reminded me how much I loved GOTG2 since though.

1)Logan-9.5(2)Baby Driver-9.5(3)Wonder Woman-9(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(5)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(6)John Wick 2-8(7)Split-8(8)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(9)Alien Covenant-7(10)Ghost In The Shell-7(11)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(12)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:48 AM   #23
Adhesive Boy
Side-Kick

Easily GOTG2.

It's better in most aspects. It has better and more characters than WW. The acting is better as Gadot proves to be fine but uneven. While WW is to a large part retreading TFA and Thor pretty closely GOTG2 is far more imaginative and unique. The villain Ego is far better than the dorky looking Ares and the cackling duo. The drama lands better where even a talking Raccoon gets to be a moving character. Guardians also goes out with a functional climax that has both humor, action and drama that works, while WW's climax is very spotty and they kind of crap on the love theme.

GOTG2 isn't without it's flaws, and WW is still good, but Guardians is clearly better and more unique.

Adhesive Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:27 AM   #24
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Gotg2

More feels towards the end and the sacrifice in GOTG2 (and it may be a cheat because it's a sequel and you're more familiar with the characters) than the one in WW.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:30 AM   #25
Flint Marko
"Underoos!"

WW had higher highs but Guardians stuck the landing. So Guardians takes this one, but it's close. This poll will remain neck and neck for a while.

Homecoming - 7.7.2017
Flint Marko is offline   Reply With Quote