The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

View Poll Results: How did you like Iron Man 2?
10 - Amazingly Awesome! 99 20.37%
9 105 21.60%
8 137 28.19%
7 80 16.46%
6 25 5.14%
5 - Not horrible 18 3.70%
4 8 1.65%
3 7 1.44%
2 2 0.41%
1 - Geesh, this movie sucks! 5 1.03%
Voters: 486. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

SHH! OFFICIAL: Rate & Review Iron Man 2

The film opens this week in several places, so I declare this thread open for business!

Please remember to USE SPOILER TAGS. At least for awhile.

Rock on.

Last edited by Immortalfire; 04-25-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #2
I_am_iron_man
Side-Kick

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Rate & Review Iron Man 2

I've seen the movie last night at press premiere. Not bad.

VOTE: 7

Old 04-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_iron_man View Post
I've seen the movie last night at press premiere. Not bad.

VOTE: 7
How did you rate the first movie?

Old 04-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
I_am_iron_man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
How did you rate the first movie?

Old 04-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
White_Knight191
Side-Kick

I'm gonna see it tommorow (Belgium release date is april 28th ) and I will try to post a review thursday if I get the chance.

-Andrew Garfield
Old 04-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #6
The_Joker7895
Side-Kick

Seeing it tonight, will report back when I recover from the awesomeness.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
Spider-Steve
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Knight191 View Post
I'm gonna see it tommorow (Belgium release date is april 28th )
Tommorow for me too. I'm very curious and excited!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #8
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

"Iron Man 2" Review - by RealIrOnMaN.

Today I had a chance to witness one of the most anticipated movies this year. Yeah guys, I am talking about "Iron Man 2". Tony Stark returns to the big screen with new adventures, new armor and new rivals. So, what were my impressions after I watched the sequel?

Plot

First of all, I must say that the screenwriter Justin Theroux, along with the director Jon Favreau and Robert Downey Jr. provided a new and unprecedented movie in the genre of comic book adaptations, because you just can't believe your eyes, when you see what the main character (Tony Stark) is doing throughout the whole movie.

Everything is perfect, except for some moments, but it is more due to the 30 minutes of deleted/cut scenes (which I'll talk about later), rather then a movie. In the new movie, Tony Stark is facing the consequences of revealing his secret identity to the whole world, as well as with his family legacy. Theroux, and Favreau showed very clearly and vividly how friends and enemies of the main character's are having an impact on our hero's fate in some way. In my opinion, all the fans of the comic books will be satisfied with the plot of the movie and its' ending.

The Cast

In this movie, my sympathy and high sense of admiration goes not only to Mr. Downey, whose talent and sense of humor is awesome as always, but also to the magnificent and friggin fantstic duo - Sam Rockwell (Justin Hammer)/Mickey Rourke (Whiplash). These will force you to laugh it all, but at the same time you will be able to look at those intrigues, these villains are using against the main hero. You can quote these two bad guys for hours, 'cause it is really funny and perfect. LMAO, that's all what I can tell about Sam and Mickey.

Do not also forget about Scarlett Johansson, who played mysterious Black Widow. All the early doubts about the actress (if you somehow had one) will be completely forgotten when you will see her in action. Happy Hogan played by Jon Favreau, made a pretty good impression on me as on the audience. He's great (especially in the "Monaco Clash" scene and "Breaking into Hammer Industries" one). In this movie he is not just some bodyguard of Tony Stark, that he was in the first movie. Now he is shown as one of Tony's best friends, who is always ready to help Tony Stark at any time. And this is a major upgrade for the character.

Don Cheadle (Rhodey/War Machine), fits perfectly into the cast of the movie. He's perfect. Gwyneth Paltrow (Pepper Potts), to be honest, at this time did not make much of impression, as she did in the first movie. Her character is facing a lot of stress, anger and excitement and a little piece of joy, but I can forgive her for the last scene. Sam Jackson (Nick Fury) is cool as always. He just looks at you and that's all you need to understand, how great he is.

Soundtrack

AC/DC, Queen, DJ AM, John Debney and many other fantastic performers go with in tact with each scene. Debney, in my humble opinion, took the best from the Ramin Djawadi's soundtrack of the first movie and added something intriguing and exciting into his music, which helped to make a lot of scenes in the movie look epic and incredible.

Special effects

At this time Jon and ILM (Industrial Light and Magic) worked out as best as they could to make everything look as awesome, as the budget of the movie allowed. I must admit, that sometimes I had a feeling that all armored and high tech things in the movie will not look so real and exciting as it was in the first IM, but, to my happiness, I was wrong. New armor, Hammer Drones and one secret armor looked of the hook, even better than they did in all recent tv-spots and trailers. I've had an indescribable pleasure from what I've seen today, not to mention the comic book fans that will find some iconic items that were taken directly from the Iron Man comics and greatly shown in the sequel, as, for example, a suitcase with the armor from the first issues of Tales of Suspense.

"Avengers Initiative"

This movie has a lot of references to future Marvel Studios movies, like "Thor", "The First Avenger: Captain America" and "The Avengers", not to mention some key elements from the Marvel Universe itself. These things are interesting, a little bit mysterious and sometimes as funny as hell (poor Captain America), so I won't spoil anything here.

Conclusion

The sequel perfectly fits with the first movie, but does not exceed it. Of course we have so many positive things, even sincere and wonderful moments, but there is a feeling that something is missing. Maybe the problem lies in the cut scenes, which could be somewhat different, but to summarize in general, the film is a major success. Jon Favreau and the entire cast of the film did not disappoint the audience, and again they positively and amazingly began the first wave of summer 2010 blockbusters.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #9
White_Knight191
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIrOnMaN View Post
"Iron Man 2" Review - by RealIrOnMaN.

Today I had a chance to witness one of the most anticipated movies this year. Yeah guys, I am talking about "Iron Man 2". Tony Stark returns to the big screen with new adventures, new armor and new rivals. So, what were my impressions after I watched the sequel?

Plot

First of all, I must say that the screenwriter Justin Theroux, along with the director Jon Favreau and Robert Downey Jr. provided a new and unprecedented movie in the genre of comic book adaptations, because you just can't believe your eyes, when you see what the main character (Tony Stark) is doing throughout the whole movie.

Everything is perfect, except for some moments, but it is more due to the 30 minutes of deleted/cut scenes (which I'll talk about later), rather then a movie. In the new movie, Tony Stark is facing the consequences of revealing his secret identity to the whole world, as well as with his family legacy. Theroux, and Favreau showed very clearly and vividly how friends and enemies of the main character's are having an impact on our hero's fate in some way. In my opinion, all the fans of the comic books will be satisfied with the plot of the movie and its' ending.

The Cast

In this movie, my sympathy and high sense of admiration goes not only to Mr. Downey, whose talent and sense of humor is awesome as always, but also to the magnificent and friggin fantstic duo - Sam Rockwell (Justin Hammer)/Mickey Rourke (Whiplash). These will force you to laugh it all, but at the same time you will be able to look at those intrigues, these villains are using against the main hero. You can quote these two bad guys for hours, 'cause it is really funny and perfect. LMAO, that's all what I can tell about Sam and Mickey.

Do not also forget about Scarlett Johansson, who played mysterious Black Widow. All the early doubts about the actress (if you somehow had one) will be completely forgotten when you will see her in action. Happy Hogan played by Jon Favreau, made a pretty good impression on me as on the audience. He's great (especially in the "Monaco Clash" scene and "Breaking into Hammer Industries" one). In this movie he is not just some bodyguard of Tony Stark, that he was in the first movie. Now he is shown as one of Tony's best friends, who is always ready to help Tony Stark at any time. And this is a major upgrade for the character.

Don Cheadle (Rhodey/War Machine), fits perfectly into the cast of the movie. He's perfect. Gwyneth Paltrow (Pepper Potts), to be honest, at this time did not make much of impression, as she did in the first movie. Her character is facing a lot of stress, anger and excitement and a little piece of joy, but I can forgive her for the last scene. Sam Jackson (Nick Fury) is cool as always. He just looks at you and that's all you need to understand, how great he is.

Soundtrack

AC/DC, Queen, DJ AM, John Debney and many other fantastic performers go with in tact with each scene. Debney, in my humble opinion, took the best from the Ramin Djawadi's soundtrack of the first movie and added something intriguing and exciting into his music, which helped to make a lot of scenes in the movie look epic and incredible.

Special effects

At this time Jon and ILM (Industrial Light and Magic) worked out as best as they could to make everything look as awesome, as the budget of the movie allowed. I must admit, that sometimes I had a feeling that all armored and high tech things in the movie will not look so real and exciting as it was in the first IM, but, to my happiness, I was wrong. New armor, Hammer Drones and one secret armor looked of the hook, even better than they did in all recent tv-spots and trailers. I've had an indescribable pleasure from what I've seen today, not to mention the comic book fans that will find some iconic items that were taken directly from the Iron Man comics and greatly shown in the sequel, as, for example, a suitcase with the armor from the first issues of Tales of Suspense.

"Avengers Initiative"

This movie has a lot of references to future Marvel Studios movies, like "Thor", "The First Avenger: Captain America" and "The Avengers", not to mention some key elements from the Marvel Universe itself. These things are interesting, a little bit mysterious and sometimes as funny as hell (poor Captain America), so I won't spoil anything here.

Conclusion

The sequel perfectly fits with the first movie, but does not exceed it. Of course we have so many positive things, even sincere and wonderful moments, but there is a feeling that something is missing. Maybe the problem lies in the cut scenes, which could be somewhat different, but to summarize in general, the film is a major success. Jon Favreau and the entire cast of the film did not disappoint the audience, and again they positively and amazingly began the first wave of summer 2010 blockbusters.
Awesome review man I can't wait untill tommorow!

-Andrew Garfield
Old 04-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #10
THE MR. TERRIFIC
HYPES KING OF COSPLAY

I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK!!! The suspence is KILLING ME!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud48V588NRw

Old 04-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #11
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Awesome review man. It's really good to hear from the folks that I've been close with while this film was in production. Not trusting those other reviews dissing the movie. Reading some of my other friend's reviews, I can already sense the flaws in the movie, but they don't overtake it's awesomeness.

Thanks RealIronMan

Old 04-27-2010, 02:04 PM   #12
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

Thanks RealIronMan.

As with most CBM's, I'll probably need multiple viewings to dope out how I feel about the movie. Good thing I scheduled my 9-day vacation from work to coincide with the release of the film next week.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #13
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I kind of had it like 8.5, so I just rounded up to 9 .

Basically, very good movie just not as good as Iron Man. The action and climax is a lot better though.

- CM Punk
Old 04-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #14
hatebox
Side-Kick

I quite enjoyed Iron Man but it was the kind of film that was begging to be followed by a more enjoyable sequel. So it worries me that even people who liked IM2 often say it wasn't as good as the first. The stage was set so nicely.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #15
strikezone89
Best In The World

why the hell is the movie being released in Europe before being released in America?

1) The Dark Knight Rises 2) The Incredible Hulk 3) The Dark Knight 4) The Avengers 5) Thor

Old 04-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #16
hatebox
Side-Kick

^ It's an Obama initiative.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:41 PM   #17
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I kind of had it like 8.5, so I just rounded up to 9 .

Basically, very good movie just not as good as Iron Man. The action and climax is a lot better though.
How would you say Whiplash is? Is he good or ok? Doe's he have more funny lines,or just that one about sharks,blood and water? I hope he has more personality and charm than I think he has right now?

And for the action,would you say this movie has more action in it than the last one? Lastly,is it true that the final battle is around 30 minutes long?

If the action is ramped up and if Whiplash is actually good,I'll be happy going into the movie for sure.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #18
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Spoiler tags for safety so read at your own risk. These aren't heavy spoilers, I'm just answering them for safety.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Whiplash is good. He has some more lines than that with Stark and Hammer. He has a lot of personality but it's very subtle. It's not Mickey Rourke chewing scenery like Nick Nolte which I am quite thankful for. He's pretty reserved, but his seething anger when he attacks Stark is great.

Regarding the action. The amount of action sequences are about the same. But it is more ramped up. SAAD, I'd say the whole final battle is around that long if you take into account the start of it until the very end. Keep in mind there are multiple parts to the battle.

- CM Punk
Old 04-27-2010, 02:58 PM   #19
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Spoiler tags for safety so read at your own risk. These aren't heavy spoilers, I'm just answering them for safety.

Whiplash is good. He has some more lines than that with Stark and Hammer. He has a lot of personality but it's very subtle. It's not Mickey Rourke chewing scenery like Nick Nolte which I am quite thankful for. He's pretty reserved, but his seething anger when he attacks Stark is great.

Regarding the action. The amount of action sequences are about the same. But it is more ramped up. SAAD, I'd say the whole final battle is around that long if you take into account the start of it until the very end. Keep in mind there are multiple parts to the battle.
I got a few more,one of them is if Hammer is basically played for the lolz?

Is Stark being drunk as Ironman any good,like in a funny or serious type of way?

During the racetrack fight,doe's Ironman in the brief case suit get completely owned by Whiplash?

What are the easter eggs that are in the movie that we aren't aware about?

Last edited by S.A.A.D.; 04-27-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #20
White_Knight191
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikezone89 View Post
why the hell is the movie being released in Europe before being released in America?
I don't know but I'm happy that we Europeans can get a movie before America for one time. Now you guys know how it feels...

-Andrew Garfield
Old 04-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #21
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I just remembered that Genndy Tartatovsky did the storyboards for this movie. Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, etc. Now I'm even more anxious to see it. That one scene with the bots surrounding Stark and Rhodey with the 360 pans is something he would do.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #22
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikezone89 View Post
I heard it was to avoid soccer World Cup crap in the summer.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #23
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.A.D View Post
For the most part, yes. But he's also pitiful in a way. You almost want to feel sorry for him because he's in Stark's shadow and he's like the nerd that gets picked on by the smarter kids. He's got a bit of a Napoleon complex as well.

Is Stark being drunk as Ironman any good,like in a funny or serious type of way?

I think it was good because it was him being drunk and pathetic. It was funny and sort of sad and pathetic and disappointing at the same time.

Quote:
During the racetrack fight,doe's Ironman in the brief case suit get completely owned by Whiplash?
It's a good fight. Tony uses some good strategy. Whiplash tears into him but Tony ultimately wins the fight. It's cool. It sort of reminded me of the burning building fight in Spider-man with Goblin and Spidey except without Spidey running away.

Quote:
-SHIELD Agent Coulson is in the movie and talks about being re-assigned to Mexico, which Stark calls the land of mystery and enchantment.

-a scene with Fury and Stark where Stark is evaluated for a certain initiative. I don't want to give away the conclusion of the scene.

-There's home video footage of Howard Stark that Tony watches. Young like 4 year old Tony is in some of the footage. Howard sends him away and asks for his mother and yells out, "MARIA," since the name of Tony's mother is Maria in the comics.

-The Cap shield is still in Stark's workshop. I won't say what happens there.

- CM Punk
Old 04-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #24
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
For the most part, yes. But he's also pitiful in a way. You almost want to feel sorry for him because he's in Stark's shadow and he's like the nerd that gets picked on by the smarter kids. He's got a bit of a Napoleon complex as well.

I think it was good because it was him being drunk and pathetic. It was funny and sort of sad and pathetic and disappointing at the same time.

Quote:
It's a good fight. Tony uses some good strategy. Whiplash tears into him but Tony ultimately wins the fight. It's cool. It sort of reminded me of the burning building fight in Spider-man with Goblin and Spidey except without Spidey running away.

Quote:
-SHIELD Agent Coulson is in the movie and talks about being re-assigned to Mexico, which Stark calls the land of mystery and enchantment.

-a scene with Fury and Stark where Stark is evaluated for a certain initiative. I don't want to give away the conclusion of the scene.

-There's home video footage of Howard Stark that Tony watches. Young like 4 year old Tony is in some of the footage. Howard sends him away and asks for his mother and yells out, "MARIA," since the name of Tony's mother is Maria in the comics.

- CM Punk
Old 04-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #25
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

- CM Punk
Closed Thread