The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

Old 05-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #126
calcio_girl

Default Re: The "Easter Eggs/References" Thread (Spoilers to minimum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningFlash View Post
Now we're just tossing out ideas here.

So I saw Wolverine at the beginning at the Star Expo. He was trying to cheer on Tony when he landed in the stadium, but all you could hear was metal clanking against metal.
I know, my cousin gave me some crap too. I'm not trying to be all cool, and trying to make up crap about the movie. I just wanted to see if anyone else noticed it too. I just found it odd that one photographer jumps out and not the 20 others there.

Thanks for that though

calcio_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #127
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Because maybe, just maybe, having 21 photographers jump infront of the screen would've been quite too much while trying to show off the trio of the Senator, Tony and Rhodes in the screen as well.

LightningFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #128
roach
I am the night

If Marvel tried to use the characters that the rights are at other studios or even allude to they could get sued

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:00 PM   #129
calcio_girl

But that was the thing, they didn't show those three. I don't know, what roach just said though makes sense. I forgot. Is the relaunch sony too?

calcio_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #130
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Uhh, yes...those three were in the middle of the screen when the movie went off. They had a photographer take a picture, and ended it by the "picture" of the three gents.

Plus Spider-Man shouldn't even be thought of for this group of Avengers. I had always imagine that there could be other generations of Avengers down the road, and Spider-Man could be in the second grouping with others like Luke Cage(if Marvel would ever get their acts straighten out and take the rights back from Sony. It's not like Sony's doing a stand-up job with Spidey, with having Spider-Man 3 a total cluster-**** and then canceling The Spectacular Spider-Man).

It would be just fantastic for a high-school Peter to admire the Avengers when he's in high school, and then becoming an Avenger later on. But, that's my idea I guess and it hasn't been thought of by the Marvel guys, et cetera.

*thinks about writing them a letter now*

Last edited by LightningFlash; 05-09-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #131
Ipodman
Love Tension

So now someone saw Spider-man taking photos of Stark? lol

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #132
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

And Galactus.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #133
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Uhh, yes...those three were in the middle of the screen when the movie went off. They had a photographer take a picture, and ended it by the "picture" of the three gents.

Plus Spider-Man shouldn't even be thought of for this group of Avengers. I had always imagine that there could be other generations of Avengers down the road, and Spider-Man could be in the second grouping with others like Luke Cage(if Marvel would ever get their acts straighten out and take the rights back from Sony. It's not like Sony's doing a stand-up job with Spidey, with having Spider-Man 3 a total cluster-**** and then canceling The Spectacular Spider-Man).

well they are rebooting the series

It would be just fantastic for a high-school Peter to admire the Avengers when he's in high school, and then becoming an Avenger later on. But, that's my idea I guess and it hasn't been thought of by the Marvel guys, et cetera.

*thinks about writing them a letter now*
I'd like to see a lot more classic avengers before we see Cage,Spidey and Wolverine.....Hawkeye, Pym, Wasp,Wonder man,Vision, Scarlet Witch,Quicksilver,Namor, Herc,She Hulk

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #134
Ipodman
Love Tension

When did "Peter parker" appear?... At the last scene where the badge gets pined on?

Old 05-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #135
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I'd like to see a lot more classic avengers before we see Cage,Spidey and Wolverine.....Hawkeye, Pym, Wasp,Wonder man,Vision, Scarlet Witch(Fox),Quicksilver(Fox),Namor(Fox), Herc,She Hulk
I know they are rebooting the series, so there's no need to add something to my post.

But still, I don't want Sony to still have the rights as much as I want Fox to still have the rights to Daredevil, X-Men and Fantastic Four.

Hawkeye and the Pyms we will obviously see within this group of Avengers. And She-Hulk, I could care less about. Maybe with a Hulk sequel, well, mostly like threequel.

Last edited by LightningFlash; 05-09-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #136
roach
I am the night

Quote:
I know they are rebooting the series, so there's no need to add something to my post.

But still, I don't want Sony to still have the rights as much as I want Fox to still have the rights to Daredevil, X-Men and Fantastic Four.

Hawkeye and the Pyms we will obviously see within this group of Avengers. And She-Hulk, I could care less about. Maybe with a Hulk sequel, well, mostly like threequel.
actually Namor was at universal when they were trying to do a Submariner movie...its no longer there and I assume back with Marvel

Old 05-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #137
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Isn't Namor part of Fantastic Four though?

I believe Tim Story mentioned Namor when talking about Fantastic Four 3 since Dr. Doom was sent into the depths of the ocean at the end of RotSS.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #138
Ipodman
Love Tension

Should be back with Marvel by now... its grouped together with the other "lesser known properties" like Dr Strange and Black Panther. Hopefully we get these movies after Avengers

Old 05-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #139
roach
I am the night

No Universal had the rights and was trying to get it off the ground. As of August 2009 Universal was still trying to push forward on the film....http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/08/12/...-in-the-works/

Fiege was recently asked who owns what:
Feige: Well, Fox has mutants and Sony/UniversalÖUniversal doesnít have anything. Sonyís got Spidey and Ghostrider, and those family of characters. And Fox has X-Men and Fantastic Four and Daredevil and those family of characters. But any mutants in particular? Mutants are X-Men.

so if Namor wasnt a part of the mutant deal and was being made at Universal and they now no longer have athing then its a smart deduction that Marvel now has Namor.....another clue alluding to this was in IM2 when the map had a area of concern in the atlantic ocean

Old 05-09-2010, 09:28 PM   #140
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodman View Post
When did "Peter parker" appear?... At the last scene where the badge gets pined on?
Spider Man is NOT in the film.
Thor is NOT in the film.

...this is really starting to annoy me.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:36 PM   #141
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
Spider Man is NOT in the film.
Thor is NOT in the film.

...this is really starting to annoy me.
however the guy taking the pic at the end was Eddie Brock
and the guy in the prison was Thunderstrike

Old 05-10-2010, 03:09 AM   #142
Mako
Galactic Crusier

You might want to take thos down unless you want to get banned

Old 05-10-2010, 04:51 AM   #143
sabetoonth
Who?

wow, ive got lots to look for when i see the movie, and anyone making an actual map of approxamatly where the indicators were in the movie?

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #144
bossman550
Side-Kick

DID you all read the iron man comicbook that was the movie counter part it says the shield was a protoype

bossman550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #145
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

How is it that there are people who don't understand that the Cap shield in IM2 was obviously a early prototype. It wasn't even finished an clearly very flimsy

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #146
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I didn't realize the Bambi thing until someone on the board brought it up. I had forgotten about that character.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #147
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Didn't know where else to put this, but I've seen the movie multiple times and have yet to see Olivia Munn...

Old 05-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #148
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Isn't she that reporter chick from the beginning who's reporting on Stark's appearance at Star Expo's opening?

And the shield is referred by Fav as "Captain America's shield", which brings confusion to most, but that doesn't mean it WAS Cap's shield back in WWII. It IS Cap's shield of course, but only a prototype, which Howard must have created to capture all of its fabrics(which is why it's in different layers), and was possibly trying to create a new one for a future Captain America(during the 70s, there were probably no discussions of searching for and/or re-awakening Rogers).

Old 05-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #149
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerspider View Post
Didn't know where else to put this, but I've seen the movie multiple times and have yet to see Olivia Munn...
Hehe, she looks skinnier then normal, but she was in it. I don't know how you missed it, she was on for about 45-60 seconds. She looked pretty hot.

Quote:
Isn't she that reporter chick from the beginning who's reporting on Stark's appearance at Star Expo's opening?
Yup, that's the scene.

Travesty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #150
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I think i read that it was established that the guy in the prison was Thor,
but I have a theory why he might be there.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Thor looses his hammer which you can see at the end of the movie, but there is no sign of him. Why? Because when he lost his hammer for too long, like in the comics, he lost his powers. So he was wondering the streets of Monaco with no money, no ID, no nothing, and ended up landing in prison. So then he was stuck in prison without his hammer, that is until Nick Fury and SHIELD find him and bring him onto the Avengers.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote